• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinbots (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a couple of Williams pinball machines that I have had for years. Recently the Pinbot died which I believe was do to battery damage years ago before I bought that machine. The damage was excessive but I was fortunate enough to find a replacement board (no battery damage) from a Pinbot that had been parted out. It had a couple problems that I am trying to work through. I hope that some of the other users on this forum may be able to help answer a few questions.

I work on a lot of the early personal robots from the 80's so I already have a lot of the parts I may need as well as test equipment for working on the boards.

Robert

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

What are they?

The main issue I had left to fix was some missing speech on the Pinbot. I had swapped the sound board and made a new ribbon cable with no change. I ended up putting back one of my original sound ROM's and got all the speech back. I found out that the ZIP file with latest L-5 ROM set that everyone hosts had a corrupt U22 image. I later found a separate image for U22 that matched my original ROM so now I have a known good set in my machine. That explains several other threads I later found where some Pinbots had some missing speech. I started a thread specifically on the ROM checksums that covers the issue that I hope will help others.

The remaining thing I have to do is rebuild the power supply that was in the machine (to keep as a spare) and rebuild the MPU that was in the machine since the battery damage finally killed that board. I took off all the components in that area and am cleaning that board then want to revive that as a spare. That will be quite a bit of work since I am concerned that some of the via's are questionable as well. At least the Pinbot board I have in the system now had no battery damage. So, my machine is good for now and just building up some spares to ensure I can keep it running.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Yeah! Welcome!
I do have both too, and I love them !
This morning I had an offer for my Pinbot. The guy's offering a very nice price, but I feel like I'm gonna regret it at some point...

I like the way the Pinbot plays and the sound effects are perfect. That machine is a keeper. It is even a favorite game of robots too.

Robert

Pinbots (resized).jpgPinbots (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-and-bride-of-pinbot-owner?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.