Pinbot

By CharlestonSCPins

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Well, my Pinbot is almost done. So close I can taste it but I have run into a problem. Everything works. Going through all the tests each lamp, solenoid, switch, sound, display - everything works however, when I power up the machine with the coin door closed I get the "adjust failure" message. If the coin door is open I get the message "factory setting" Nothing happens after either of these messages appear.

If I run the machine through all the tests and it goes into game over mode I can then deposit a coin and the credit number will advance. When I press the button to start a game the display says "Ball waiting" but there is no ball waiting. If I repeatedly press the start button eventually the game will start, however it does not kick out a ball. I manually touch all the switches as if it is playing and all is well. When I touch the left or right drain switch I get the usual indication that the ball was lost but the display still shows ball 1. The game never ends!

Anyone have any ideas where to start? I have just about exhausted my knowledge and ability at this point. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Al

#2 10 years ago

I have no special advice but I can point you some text on those errors (assuming you haven't already been there):

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index3.htm#factory

#3 10 years ago

Sounds like corrosion damage

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from CharlestonSCPins:

Well, my Pinbot is almost done. So close I can taste it but I have run into a problem. Everything works. Going through all the tests each lamp, solenoid, switch, sound, display - everything works however, when I power up the machine with the coin door closed I get the "adjust failure" message. If the coin door is open I get the message "factory setting" Nothing happens after either of these messages appear.
If I run the machine through all the tests and it goes into game over mode I can then deposit a coin and the credit number will advance. When I press the button to start a game the display says "Ball waiting" but there is no ball waiting. If I repeatedly press the start button eventually the game will start, however it does not kick out a ball. I manually touch all the switches as if it is playing and all is well. When I touch the left or right drain switch I get the usual indication that the ball was lost but the display still shows ball 1. The game never ends!
Anyone have any ideas where to start? I have just about exhausted my knowledge and ability at this point. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!
Al

Is there battery damage on/or around the holder, or to any of the chips??. I am just about done with a board that leaked/gassed all over the place. Caused strange display effects , but played fine.

#5 10 years ago

No battery damage - fortunately. I did install a remote battery backup to get the batteries off the MPU board. I will try putting the batteries in the holder - temporarily to see if there is a problem with my remote battery. Thanks. I will let you know what I find.

Al

#6 10 years ago

Thanks guys - partial success! Hootowl that link was great. I removed the remote battery and installed the batteries in the holder on the board. I no longer get the "adjust failure" or "factory setting" message. The game comes on and I can drop a quarter in the slot and I get credit!

Now the not so good news, when I press the credit button to start a game all the ball kickers fire to eject any trapped balls the visor closes and opens but then I get the message "ball waiting" and the game does not start. I can press the switch in the ball trough and then press the credit button to get a game to start but the ball kicker never kicks a ball out and the game never advances beyond the first ball.

You guys rock. Any ideas at this point? Thanks!

Al

#7 10 years ago

Do you only have one ball in the machine? Sounds like the second one is missing.

#8 10 years ago

Nope, got both balls in the machine.

#9 10 years ago

1st: When you have your batteriesin the remote holder, are you getting 4.5 volts on the board? Sounds to me like the holder connection isn't solid.

2nd: Check the trough switches, both manually and in switch test. It sounds like one of them isn't working right.

Jason

#10 10 years ago

Pinbot lives! SchertzPinball thank you so much - you were exactly right. The ball detect switch in the trough was not detecting the ball! A little adjustment and it works! And I got it done before 01:00 in the morning. Hootowls thanks for the link to the battery and error message information. You guys are great!

THANK YOU!!!!

Al

#11 10 years ago

Glad you got it going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.