Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Picked up a pinbot today! Maybe tomorrow someone will help me unload it.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Nice! I love Pinbot.

#3 11 years ago

I agree. I'd love to get a Pinbot one of these days. More pics once you get it unloaded?

#4 11 years ago

It is nice that you got it with the topper! Are any of the inserts raised?

#5 11 years ago

I'd love to pick one up someday as well. Fun game.

#6 11 years ago

congrats. fun pin. got mine right beside BOP

#7 11 years ago

One of the best machines ever made.

#8 11 years ago

Awesome find - you'll be having fun soon!

#9 11 years ago

I am going to get my pinbot tomorrow!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

I am going to get my pinbot tomorrow!

Congrats to you and the OP!
Great pin, you'll love it!

#11 11 years ago

Approx 25 hours before it is unloaded.

Next up = LAH.

Chopping block = T2.

#12 11 years ago

just a small tip,

when loading a pin in your car use the leg bolts and attached to your rear seat belt to the cab, just loosely thread the leg bolt through the slide in part of the seat belt that clips in. I have noticed some seat-belts are too small for a 3/8 leg bolt but if it fits use it, might save your ass if you have to slam the brakes on.

BTW good pickup on the pinbot looks like good one.

#13 11 years ago

I always enjoyed that pin, but it always seems so hard to find one working correctly and then the balls get hung up on the visor but I still enjoy it when I see one to play just not much luck owning one. Would love to find a great one but now at 26 years old, Pinbots are getting hard to find in great shape. Good luck John!

#14 11 years ago

Thanks Buddy! A co-worker sold this one to me as it was just taking up space in his house. It needs a board repair. So hopefully, it will be up and running by January. The playfield has some planking and the vortex plastic is chipped. But for the money it looks like a fun machine.

I have never played one... so I'm not sure if it will be something I keep beyond 6 months.

There are a slew of pins for sale in Georgia right now. Sadly, my fun account is running low - which is one reason why T2 is for sale now.

In the past 30 days I have picked up PinBot, Demolition Man, No Good Goffers and WWF Royal Rumble. I believe I have Last Action Hero lined up for Sunday. I am starting to think that maybe instead of five pins I should have bought one super pin instead. However, 5>1.

#15 11 years ago

Cant believe you didnt take the topper off. Miracle its in one piece.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Why would you take that off when you are folding and moving? I wouldn't, and have never had an issue with any topper while moving. Sliding around the games room with low ceiling areas for duct work... unfortunately yes.

As for next up being LAH - good choice, single best bang for buck machine out there and deepest of all 90s machines.

#17 11 years ago

Yeah I wouldn't take it off either, just pay attention. Folded its safe, not from hands and straps but everything else

#18 11 years ago

Congrats! That is the one game I would never sell. The music integration is amazing.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I didn't take my topper off when I transported mine. And I don't know any reason why I would of wanted to??

#20 11 years ago

Got mine!!! Transported with topper on. I LOVE this thing!! Pics tomorrow. Drove all night lol

image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 11 years ago

Congrats! Pinbot is one of the all time classics!

#22 11 years ago

Hooray Pinbot!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 11 years ago

Another tip...if you put the game in the other way, in other words, with the coin/door toward the front of your vehicle, then you'd be able to slide it part way out, drop it to the ground, and then tip it up so it's standing on it's back. You could then dolly it to wherever you need to take it. I move games by myself all the time and that's the way I put them in.

Also, I have never removed a topper when transporting a game and have never had an issue.

Dave

#24 11 years ago

That riverboat gambler is a fun one too.

#25 11 years ago

why would you need to remove the topper. THere is no way that's getting damaged when the game is folded up. I think it's safer on the game than in the back seat.

#26 11 years ago

I want my Pinbot back.....but I'm waiting on a nice local Jack-bot to show up.

#27 11 years ago

Mine needs a LOT of switches adjusted. as well as the pop bumpers, they need to be hit hard. Whats the best method for doing this? Should I clean the switches first, some of them dont need as much travel as the ball gives so I think they might be dirty. Also my skill shot, a full plunge only makes it to the 100k and thats sometimes, is this a new shooter spring?

Mine has a full rubber kit already and is in great shape minus some small imperfections, the skillshot at the top where the 20000 sticker is, cracked and was reglued, so its ugly.. also the clear part of the ramp is cracked on the top (where it raises), doesnt effect anything but still annoying to know haha.

no playfield wear ANYWHERE which is huge for me. I wanna LED This thing so bad.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Why would you need to remove the topper. There is no way that's getting damaged when the game is folded up. I think it's safer on the game than in the back seat ...

This reminds me of the time I transported Avatar. Badbilly and I had loaded the game into his minivan, and we decided to leave it attached to the appliance truck in order to save some time (we got this idea from Neo, by the way). I had removed the topper and laid it in the back of the van for safe keeping. Right before we started on our journey back home, I said, "Hey, just to be on the safe side, I should probably move this thing off to the side in case the game rolls forward during the drive." We both agreed that the game was so heavy that it was unlikely to shift position, but I pushed the topper to the side anyway. Thank God I did! The first light we came to, the game rolled forward and slammed against the front seats. If I hadn't moved the topper, it would have been crushed.

#29 11 years ago

Well I fixed all my issues with cleaning the switches lol. The was easy. This game is a BLAST. I love it. Mine came with gold legs lol

Now to find a bride

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This reminds me of the time I transported Avatar. Badbilly and I had loaded the game into his minivan, and we decided to leave it attached to the appliance truck in order to save some time (we got this idea from Neo, by the way). I had removed the topper and laid it in the back of the van for safe keeping. Right before we started on our journey back home, I said, "Hey, just to be on the safe side, I should probably move this thing off to the side in case the game rolls forward during the drive." We both agreed that the game was so heavy that it was unlikely to shift position, but I pushed the topper to the side anyway. Thank God I did! The first light we came to, the game rolled forward and slammed against the front seats. If I hadn't moved the topper, it would have been crushed.

Yea, when you leave them on the dolly they can shift. That's why I keep the middle seats in. game is nice and snug, and the handle bars of the dolly lock underneath the seats, to keep it from rocking from side to side. made load in and out easy tho, didn't it. I always transport on the dolly if I can. Not only saves time, but has a safe place to store the dolly, and protects the cabinet better. How many time have you slid a game out of a vehicle, to have the front or back of it catch on something and split off a layer of plywood. Happens a lot especially on older games. This keeps it from happening.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How many time have you slid a game out of a vehicle, to have the front or back of it catch on something and split off a layer of plywood. Happens a lot, especially on older games.

I had this happen a couple times back when I first started moving pins. These days, I always try to have a padded blanket underneath the pin at the pivot point to protect it. Keeping it strapped to the dolly is a great idea, though, and for some reason I never thought of it myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.