(Topic ID: 18128)

Pinbits Tron plastics protectors new pics

By Cliffy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dsc00105.jpg
    PB-rt-sling1.jpg
    PB-lt-sling1.jpg
    PB-slings4.jpg
    PB-slings3.jpg
    PB-slings1.jpg
    PB-upper-rt-low3.jpg
    PB-upper-rt-low1.jpg
    PB-zen1.jpg
    PB-recog1.jpg
    PB-drops2.jpg
    PB-drops1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

So one of my pals from Pinbits was over today fitting redesigned protectors. He also swapped in a better (imho) yellow for the left sling and added certain LED's to the blue side to really make it balance well with the left side. What a difference! We also decided to move the upper right protector to the bottom of the stack. It functions better there and gets a better hit from the GI lighting. The recognizer plastic has also seen a big redesign. Pretty much the only ones he didn't have to change are the left drop target protector and the Zen plastic. Oh and the pop bumper identity disc stacks only had one slight change. Here come the pics! Oh and contact pinbits.com for this stuff, not me

PB-drops1.jpgPB-drops1.jpg PB-drops2.jpgPB-drops2.jpg PB-recog1.jpgPB-recog1.jpg PB-zen1.jpgPB-zen1.jpg PB-upper-rt-low1.jpgPB-upper-rt-low1.jpg PB-upper-rt-low3.jpgPB-upper-rt-low3.jpg

#2 11 years ago

And the rest, including the slings-

PB-slings1.jpgPB-slings1.jpg PB-slings3.jpgPB-slings3.jpg PB-slings4.jpgPB-slings4.jpg PB-lt-sling1.jpgPB-lt-sling1.jpg PB-rt-sling1.jpgPB-rt-sling1.jpg

#3 11 years ago

These look nice.

Cliffy, I'm really hoping you or Martin grab an X-men right out of the gate so the two of you can do your thing and make it "bullet proof before it's busted". That sounds like a good slogan for what you two do.

#4 11 years ago

Looks good. Pinbits does great work.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

Cliffy, I'm really hoping you or Martin grab an X-men right out of the gate so the two of you can do your thing and make it "bullet proof before it's busted". That sounds like a good slogan for what you two do.

LOL! I like it Doug Can't say from Martin's side but for me I'm pretty doubtful an X-Men will show up here quickly. Number one, I am out of ROOM! Numero dos, it'll depend on local buds and you know how long it can take to get a friend to lend a brand new game to a mad scientist

#6 11 years ago

That looks fantastic! Too bad I just installed the pinbits protectors, looks like I'll need to update to the new ones when available.

Kevin

#7 11 years ago

would love to upgrade my older pinbits set as well. Hey, mabye pinbits will give
    those who purchased the initial set a discount on the 2nd revised set?? What do you say??

thanks
    p

#8 11 years ago

That's what I was hoping for

#9 11 years ago

Does anyone know when these will be available for purchase on www.pinbits.com ???

#10 11 years ago

Looks awesome Cliffy I really like the colors of them the best really pops. Got a pic with LED's and protectors and low lighting? I think that would be the best pic to show Tron in its beauty.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Got a pic with LED's and protectors and low lighting?

Martin does. I'll get some from him and yes it looks like a Christmas tree in the dark

#12 11 years ago

Those look awesome. Does that come in a kit with the blue bumper caps as well ?

#13 11 years ago

Realy Nice

#14 11 years ago

OK, here's where we are. The design is done, parts are tested. Because we are cutting from 5 different materials and have lots of parts, it is a little awkward to get the cut files set up. We are working on that now, and should be cutting this week. We still have to figure pricing.

We wil be offering a break on the playfield dress kit for people who have our protectors.

To get the blue slingshot to pop, three lamps have to be replaced with LEDs. We used one super UV LED, and two super blue retros.

Here's a view of the almost complete installation (missingthe move of the pop triangle to the lower deck)

#15 11 years ago

They do make nice stuff. I've got the original set on my Tron and they protect really well. But these new ones look beautiful. I will be upgrading!

#16 11 years ago

I

Quoted from PamPinbits:OK, here's where we are. The design is done, parts are tested. Because we are cutting from 5 different materials and have lots of parts, it is a little awkward to get the cut files set up. We are working on that now, and should be cutting this week. We still have to figure pricing.
    We wil be offering a break on the playfield dress kit for people who have our protectors.
    To get the blue slingshot to pop, three lamps have to be replaced with LEDs. We used one super UV LED, and two super blue retros.
    Here's a view of the almost complete installation (missingthe move of the pop triangle to the lower deck)

Hi Pam. Thanks for getting back to us. I just saw that you have the kits now listed on your www.pinbits.com website but its listed as SOLD OUT! I'm wondering did I miss them? Or you have listed them but just haven't finished them yet? Also I'm wondering if I can get on a waiting list or whatever to ensure I get one on the next run?

1 week later
    #17 11 years ago

Pinbits has the new Tron Playfield Dress / Protector Kit and Tron Pop Bumper Dress Kit in stock now...

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_65

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

it'll depend on local buds and you know how long it can take to get a friend to lend a brand new game to a mad scientist

Luckily for you I am getting an X-Men (Wolverine) and happen to be fond of Mad Scientists

#19 11 years ago

just curious if these plastics are UV reactive??

Quoted from PamPinbits:

OK, here's where we are. The design is done, parts are tested. Because we are cutting from 5 different materials and have lots of parts, it is a little awkward to get the cut files set up. We are working on that now, and should be cutting this week. We still have to figure pricing.

#20 11 years ago

Just sent in my order. I have every other mod, so what is $35 in the scheme of things.

Mods I have on my pro:

Flynn Sign
    Arcade LCD Mod
    LE Ramps with 5mm Sound Activated EL Wire (orange and blue)
    Full Set of Orginal Plastic Protectors
    Cliffy Protectors (ramps and hole)
    Full Set of LEDs
    Hallmark Light Cycles
    Blue Cabinet Lights
    Blue Lighted Flipper Buttons

#21 11 years ago

Great stuff, thanks for posting Cliff and thanks to Pam for providing updated info for us. Hope you can make enough of them for the community. I know plenty of pinheads are going to want these.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

Pinbits has the new Tron Playfield Dress / Protector Kit and Tron Pop Bumper Dress Kit in stock now...

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered the plastics kit but the pop bumper kit is already sold out. That's too bad because I really wanted to get both of them.

Pappy

#23 11 years ago

LOL, Pappy I like your Avatar pic

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

just curious if these plastics are UV reactive??

Yes. A UV led is included in the kit for the blue sling but you could add others for even more intense glow effects. The kit is $45. The pop bumper identity disc dress kit is $39 and is also flourescent.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Luckily for you I am getting an X-Men (Wolverine) and happen to be fond of Mad Scientists

Uh oh. Looks like I better get Ricci's Tron LE back to him so I have room!

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

LOL, Pappy I like your Avatar pic

Thanks Man.

Pappy

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Yes. A UV led is included in the kit for the blue sling but you could add others for even more intense glow effects. The kit is $45. The pop bumper identity disc dress kit is $39 and is also flourescent.

Hi Cliffy, any idea when the pop bumper kits will be available again? Those look really nice!

Pappy

#28 11 years ago

Hmmm....not a fan of the Sling versions. Blue color makes sense but it's a little too yellow over the left side which is more orange right?

#29 11 years ago

I thought about the kits (and think they are well made like all pinbits stuff) but I decided I didn't like/want the extra plastic covering the playfield. I would want to see more pictures of the bumper caps and see how they look covering the original plastic pictures on the caps.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

it's a little too yellow over the left side which is more orange right?

Mmmm.. no, not really. Clu is more yellow. Baddies are orange, Flynn and good guys are blue. I guess they made Clu yellow to make him stand out from the rest of the baddies.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Mmmm.. no, not really. Clu is more yellow. Baddies are orange, Flynn and good guys are blue. I guess they made Clu yellow to make him stand out from the rest of the baddies.

Hmm...left side sling, inlane, and cycle rider seem clearly orange to me. But whatever...must be losing my rods & cones.

#32 11 years ago

Your both correct, clu is yellow in the film and the left sling is yellow within his suit, the left inlane/outlane plastic is actually Rinzler on his lightcycle who is orange in the film.

#33 11 years ago

Yes I find it very distracting. Not trying to be the color police or anything...just dropping my 2cents in the bucket

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes I find it very distracting. Not trying to be the color police or anything...just dropping my 2cents in the bucket

I agree with you it is a little odd, I can only imagine Disney gave stern set images they could use for the pin & they rolled with what they could use, my left sling is yellow with yellow LEDs and my right inlane plastic is lite with an orange led and surprisingly it works and looks pretty slick, right sling and inlane plastic is lit with blue and cool white LEDs.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Hi Cliffy, any idea when the pop bumper kits will be available again? Those look really nice!

While I can't speak directly for Martin and Pam I can say they have the stock and I'm sure the laser is busy running several hours a day I always suggest emailing them directly when things show out of stock as they may have simply not had time to update their pages. Always use [email protected] and please be patient as I do know they've been swamped with requests

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

While I can't speak directly for Martin and Pam I can say they have the stock and I'm sure the laser is busy running several hours a day I always suggest emailing them directly when things show out of stock as they may have simply not had time to update their pages. Always use [email protected] and please be patient as I do know they've been swamped with requests

Thanks Cliffy. I placed a note on my order and sure enough Pam email me a bill for the bumper caps. I'm impressed with the customer service. I never expected to get a reply and figured I would be waiting a few weeks. Very excited to get both kits and start tearing apart my Tron.

Can't wait to see how the pop bumper mod will look with the mirror sides.

BTW your hole protector is working beautifully.

Pappy

1 month later
    #37 11 years ago

I emailed Pam on Saturday, but haven't heard back since (used the contact form on their website). I love the look of the Tron Playfield Dress / Protector Kit (http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=532). Is there anything comparable somewhere else?

#38 11 years ago

Saturday was the big show day and many of us got way behind on emails. They have them.

#39 11 years ago

Good news as I plan on grabbing a set of both at the end of the month. They look fantastic!

#40 11 years ago

@cliffy, thanks for the feedback!

#41 11 years ago

Heads up, the kits are shown as available again at pinbits.com. I just placed my order. Grab'em while their hot!

#42 11 years ago

Can anybody tell me how to install the recoginzer plastics on a Tron Pro model? There are two plastics there, one orange one that has two mounting holes and a clear plastic that has no mounting
    holes at all.

Thanks,
    Leon

1 week later
    #43 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRulez:

and a clear plastic that has no mounting
    holes at all.

I had to drill two holes to complete the install.

#44 11 years ago

Wow, they look great!

#45 11 years ago

Just finished installing them this morning with the bumper caps. They add a lot to the sophisticated look of the pin, especially the bumper caps. Very happy with them!

10 years later
    #46 1 year ago

Does anyone still sell these?

#47 1 year ago

I'd be interested in this set if they made them, but sadly I don't think these have been made in years

#48 1 year ago

Pinbits has been defunct for a while now.

I bought a set of clear protectors from Cointaker, but I haven't installed them yet.
    https://cointaker.com/products/tron-plastic-protector-set

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-tron-plastics-protectors-new-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.