1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Sprudeldudel
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I sent a polite message enquiring about an item being out of stock, and if it’d be available anytime soon, but got nothing back.

This was a while back now.

Is this normal?

Should I resend the same message, are they away, or are replies hard to come by?

I’ve ordered from them many many times in the past, and the kit is all great!

Thanks.

2 months later
    #2 1 year ago

I am in a similar situation. Had emailed them prior to placing an order, but despite not having received a reply in reasonable time, still proceeded to order. The order process is NOT advancing, still no reply to the inital order after three weeks.
    Today I sent another email through their website and also tried to call them at international rate - just to get an answering machine.

I am honestly questioning their conduct, and wonder if my order will actually result in anything by a negative balance on my CC...
    Up to now - VERY doubtful...

#3 1 year ago

Never had an issue with Pam .... Maybe they are on vacation or something.

#4 1 year ago

No reply here either for about a week...

#5 1 year ago

It is summer and time for vacations and such. Not sure if they do this on the side or their only source of income. Try email again and be patient life can be crazy. I'm glad for all sources we have for pinball and have to realize that not everyone can only survive on us.

#6 1 year ago

Pinbits is great. Been a bit tougher to deal with the last year or so due to stock issues or out of stock issues but anything they make is worth having or using.
    I wonder if it is supplier issues or lack of personal interest/other commitments that has created the occasional lull.
    Whatever it is I hope it gets resolved.
    Martin and Pam are a pleasure to deal with and Pinbits fills a big need in the hobby with ramp flap kits, upgraded eddy boards and factory clean mods.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Pinbits is great. Been a bit tougher to deal with the last year or so due to stock issues or out of stock issues but anything they make is worth having or using.
    I wonder if it is supplier issues or lack of personal interest/other commitments that has created the occasional lull.
    Whatever it is I hope it gets resolved.
    Martin and Pam are a pleasure to deal with and Pinbits fills a big need in the hobby with ramp flap kits, upgraded eddy boards and factory clean mods.

lack of personal interest/other commitments that has created the occasional lull.
    I think you hit the nail on the head.I sent them an email over a month ago,and they never replied .It's hard to get upset,because you never know what kind of problems,someone is dealing with.

#8 1 year ago

Same here.

#9 1 year ago

Pam and Martin have always been a pleasure to work with. Something has changed though, and that's not the case anymore. About a year ago, I asked Pam if she could make a couple flaps for a game they didn't have. She said sure. Four months later, after countless unanswered emails, they finally showed up. I pretty much wrote Pinbits off after that.

#10 1 year ago

The website says “Happy Holidays 2017” at the top. First chink in the armor, Ted.

#11 1 year ago

Made a purchase from pinbits 2 weeks ago and received my items quickly. Sorry to hear others aren't having the same experience.

#12 1 year ago

Every time I've been interested in getting something, the page for it shows out of stock.

Between that, and all the communications complaints I've heard about in the past 6 months or so, I'm getting a little concerned.

#13 1 year ago

Ordered a Tron Eli Ramp Kit and sling protectors. Got them a week later. Accidentally was shipped the wrong protectors and a quick email to Pam resulted in the correct product being shipped out and received within 3 days.

I’m sorry some of you are having a bad interaction with them but mine recently was excellenT.

#14 1 year ago

Just tossing this one out there --
    I have run into this sort of thing with a few of my own emails to customers.
    I have a few customers that place orders or send emails asking questions, etc -- I reply but all emails are rejected by their email server.
    No way to remedy this so these emails remain seemingly unanswered.

One suggestion --
    If you don't get an answer from somebody - please try a different email server.

#15 1 year ago

MY suggestion to pinbits is to put in an adequate OUT-OF-OFFICE reply.
    This is not too much asked in any type of situation and it immediatelly solves the problem.

I am happy for anyone who is having positive experience with them, I really do. Also, I do accept and have compassion for irregular complications someone might be going through, BUT I do expect companies to communicate transparently. When you take money from someone, anything else is unprofessional conduct and kills your trust - and this is THE most important ressource in the time of online retail.

Here my view on some of above statements:

Quoted from G-P-E:

If you don't get an answer from somebody - please try a different email server.

- Frankly, their server is not my problem. My server is my problem and that is in order.

Quoted from gambit3113:

The website says “Happy Holidays 2017” at the top. First chink in the armor, Ted.

- Establishing a section for "news" on your website is a receipe for frustration if you don't cannot maintain it. Just don't do it to begin with.

Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Quoted from Buzz:

It is summer and time for vacations and such.

- still no excuse for not communicating or setting an OUT-OF-OFFICE.

Bottom line----------------------------------
    I hope they get their act together in their own best interest. For me personally a week up or down doesn't matter. What does matter is being ignored - conciously or not.

#16 1 year ago

I've had great experiences in the past with Pam but I've sent two emails to her recently with no response. Hope to hear back soon and that all is well with her and Pinbits.

#17 1 year ago

Unfortunately no response to any of my emails either, sent multiple emails about products and stock over the last 6 months.

#18 1 year ago

They do have a phone # to call on their site

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

They do have a phone # to call on their site

They do, and this thread contains the information that you reach an answering machine on said number.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

They do, and this thread contains the information that you reach an answering machine on said number.

Sorry..... did not see that someone put up

#21 1 year ago

My order was delivered these days, along with a response to one of my emails, where I had asked for the tracking number. Im happy about that - although there is surely still potential to develop in terms of communication. Anyway, all is well.

3 weeks later
    #22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

- Frankly, their server is not my problem. My server is my problem and that is in order.

Wow! OK, so don't even try?
    I have run into case after case where my email server works just fine but my email replies to a customer are blocked at the customer's end for various reasons (often mailbox full). They blame me for not replying when it is the customer's end causing the problem. I mention to try another email source above and got *that* for an reply?!
    I certainly hope you don't ask for help on newsgroups/forums and reply like this when help is offered.

#23 1 year ago

PAckage now finally arrived in my hands and all is in order. Despite complete delivery and all, I wooud still expect better communications. Anyway. Case closed.

#24 1 year ago

I've tried reaching them by email and phone recently but never heard back. Pretty disappointing since they been great in the past. What is their email? I tried filling out the contract form on their website and also emailed an old address I had (pam@pinbits.com) but neither got a response.

#25 1 year ago

BAsically I never reached them either, just one day the delivery was there. Also the order status was never updated on their site, so yeah. It is frustrating.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Lit Frames
    $ 28.95
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside