(Topic ID: 60906)

Pinbits AC/DC Thunderbolt Flashers Video - now with colors!

By Pinbits

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinbits
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Here is a link to our new video showcasing the many attributes of our AC/DC Thunderbolt Flashers.

Designed to mimic stage lighting, our product is plug and play. Plugs in beneath the playfield and completely replaces the stock thunderbolt flasher and plastic, while maintaining the original look of the game.

Our Thunderbolt Flashers have 8 warm white flashers on the front, and 4 cool white flashers on the back. Our full perimeter stainless steel chassis reinforces against ball strikes, and provides a visible mirror edge under the plastic.

Our product is available with red and blue filters, as well as a custom red silk-screened plastic. The filters dim the flasher, while provide a striking color changing effect.

The camera does not show the full range of brightness. In person they display a wide range of effects in the code plainly not seen on standard 194 flashers.

Thank you for looking!
-Pinbits

#2 10 years ago

Very nice!

#3 10 years ago

Awesome I want them

#4 10 years ago

Installed mine a few days ago.

Killer mod!

#5 10 years ago

They look great. Can't wait to get mine. I will be ordering them as soon as you are done with my Shadow plastics. I think I like the blue filter the best.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinbits:

The camera does not show the full range of brightness...

That's the understatement of the year. I describe these as headlight-ish.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#7 10 years ago

Ordered mine gotta love the bright flash

#8 10 years ago

The most blinding mod ever made!!

#9 10 years ago

LOVE MINE!!! ...best mod ever IMHO.

#10 10 years ago

I just got mine in and installed them with the blue filters. I love them. They are not too bright from the front, at least with the blue filters. Now I can tell when I am hitting those targets. The old 161s just weren't bright enough. I may reduce the rear lamps by one each to try and balance the front/rear light distribution better. They also clean up that area more since you remove the old flasher mounts. Worthy mod IMO.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I just got mine in and installed them with the blue filters. I love them. They are not too bright from the front, at least with the blue filters. Now I can tell when I am hitting those targets. The old 161s just weren't bright enough. I may reduce the rear lamps by one each to try and balance the front/rear light distribution better. They also clean up that area more since you remove the old flasher mounts. Worthy mod IMO.

From what I've seen, the filters are almost a must have item as these things are blindingly bright without the filter

#12 10 years ago

I didn't try them without the filters so I am not sure but that was my fear. Besides, I wanted them to match the inserts. I do think the rear lights may be too bright. I need to find a way to cover one led up without doing any damage to it in case I like it better at normal brightness. I do think they look brighter in the video than in real life but that may be because they lack a filter.

#13 10 years ago

i have the pinbit lightning bolts without the filter since day 1. no problems with the flashes, they rock, a must have upgrade. if the effect was muted it wouldn't be a rock pin!

#14 10 years ago

I covered up one of the bulbs in the back with some electrical tape. It seems to be just right now with the blue filters. Still nice and bright but the effect doesn't overwhelm the blue from the front of the lightning bolt as much.

#15 10 years ago

Can you put blue on the front and red on the back?

#16 10 years ago

Mine should be here any day now better buy some sun glasses lol

#17 10 years ago

They really aren't overwhelmingly bright like the camera suggests. For one, cameras don't show LEDs well; two, your face is farther away from the camera, unless you are one of those extremely nearsighted people.

The unit is built like a 5 piece sandwich. There is the front artwork bevel which comes in original gold or red, then there is the metal mount. Next comes the clear, red or blue filter plastic, then another open riser/spacer (to make room so the led's won't touch the filter) and finally the circuit board.

I suppose if you are able to purchase another spacer you could mount a red filter behind the circuit board.

#18 10 years ago

I play this game in the dark and so far haven't found them to be too bright as is.

Now if I was staring straight at them continually in repeated test mode, perhaps...but with one's eye on the ball instead, I'm so far liking the simulated rock concert lighting effect.

Obviously though, it's a personal preference.

#19 10 years ago

They look great! Are they in stock ready to ship?

#20 10 years ago

I just ordered with the red silk screen filters... Can't wait! The original design was pretty bad considering they had to replace the thunderbolts with metal backed ones that the flasher could not penetrate! This is one of those mods that I look at as mandatory.

#21 10 years ago

Can't seem to get the video to play?

#22 10 years ago

Is there any possible way that these could be used with Hemi's TRC mod. His mod has blue flashers that attach to the back of the lightning bolts. I would love to have both if possible?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Can't seem to get the video to play?

Working fine for me.

#24 10 years ago

Fitted mine today thanks Pam and there awesome highly recommended, its money well spent and there not as bright as the video makes out I'm very happy

5 months later
#25 10 years ago

Hello All,

We have added a new colored silk-screen artwork to our Thunderbolt Flashers product line - blue!

You can find our entire selection of AC/DC Thunderbolt Flasher and other parts here:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_69

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me @ [email protected]

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

16,500 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-acdc-thunderbolt-flashers-video-now-with-colors-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.