(Topic ID: 73199)

Pinballz PAPA circuit comments thread

By DarthXaos

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

When we return next year, our hope is still to try the match-play

^^^^^^^ Fixed it for you.

Quoted from mhs:

Prize Money - Unless I'm mistaken, PAPA did guarantee a minimum $5000 prize pool and was on the hook for it.

I'm not aware of this ever being communicated either by PAPA or Pinballz. But if it had been communicated effectively and resulted in more interest & people attending, I think it would have overwhelmed the amount of space that Pinballz allocated to the tournament.

Thanks for what you're doing for PAPAtv and pinball, Mark.

#19 10 years ago

Pros:
    Alex and Pinballz techs (with a little help from some of the Bat City Pinball Club) had the pins set up very well -- challenging, yet accessible to get high scores through quality play -- and malfunctions were taken care of quickly. (Props to Dean Grover for helping out to fix the slot machine coil on TZ.)

Ditto on the tourney software. I had the chance to experience it at PAPA16, and marveled at its effectiveness then, but electronic queuing wasn't being used at PAPA16 -- and it was a great feature that was used at Pinballz. After your game is finished and score taken/voided, the ability to look at the scorekeeper's tablet and see the length of each pin's queue, and have the scorekeeper immediately add you to the queue of your choosing is fantastic. (and of course, you have the option to not join a queue as well)

Ditto on the venue of having plenty of pins/vids to play when not playing in the tourney.

Turnout was great. Would have been even more had it not been for the ice storm in DFW.

Cons:
    A few of the tilts were too loose -- namely Tron and SM.

Could have used more space to allow tourney participants to sit down while still in the proximity of the tourney area and screens displaying standings and queues.

Pin-golf took longer than expected, but it was still fun. I also like the idea of using lesser-known pins next time for pin-golf. I think the reason well-known pins were used was because of greater familiarity with pin-golf score targets.

Ditto on not having the PAPAtv recording or broadcast -- but I understand why.

Ditto on parking.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballz-papa-circuit-comments-thread?tu=snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.