(Topic ID: 73199)

Pinballz PAPA circuit comments thread

By DarthXaos

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

if u have a one fee tourney, no one but locals will go unless its a big fee (like pinburgh) with lots of players and big payouts.
    pump and dump draws players who travel, to make travel cost worthy...as usually 100% of the pump and dump money is paid out (less expenses).

even with pump and dump, its nice if an event still has guarantee payouts, and if entree fees meet the guarantees, the payouts can surpass the guarantees.
    I did not go bcuz i had no idea what the payouts would be for any place (1st and beyond) and when you are dealing with flights and hotels amongst other travel expenses, there has to be some time of guarantee for me to even look into it.
    I still find it hard to believe that my annual PIN WARS event, the payouts are larger than most events, that have more players (even shows with tournaments). I did see that pinballz event paid down several spots which was good. I'm also going to adopt that method, but still have high guarantees for at least 1st - 4th for open and classics....as well as B division. Its a gamble but if you build it, they will come!
    It is very hard to please locals, people who travel, good players and novice players as a whole in one event.
    Most of us who have events appreciate the feedback good or bad in order to try our best to please everyone.
    There is tons of work before the show, during the show and after the show...

#10 10 years ago

i understand its a risk upfront to have guarantees, but knowing that the 1k from papa will be there and the location is an actual location with 100 pinball machines and more,..and that its a circuit event.. im sure who ever hosted the event could afford a mishap...unless it wasn't the owner hosting.
    With the format used and number of machines used, if other events are studied with similar qualify time, fees and number of machines, , you can generally guess the pot size regardless of number of players. only so many machines can be played at once, so no matter if 1000 players or 60, its gonna be the approx the same pot as machines will be used around the clock and if u use time vs # of machines vs entree fee, and approx ball time...their is a limit.
    as in this years chicago expo- there was a line 20- 30 deep at many times with all games being used, so even it you added 500 more players to the mix, the pot size will still be approx the same as the machines are at their maximum use time and money.

curious how the numbers at Pinballz are spot on thow? do they round up or down? my events i pay exactly whats in the pot, so the payouts are a bit goofy, but 100% from the pot.
    example:
    1st= $1382
    2nd= $887
    etc

#13 10 years ago

never being to the venue, not knowing who is running the event for setting up the machines and not knowing if 100% of entry fees are paid out made that guess not be possible. that can only be projected by the event directors as they know the variables. Obviously, if games are set up too easy, cash intake will be less. if hours to qualify are less, same scenario. if any of the entry fees went towards expenses, # of machines used, format, .. Seemed like alot of info wasn't easily found or just not available in advance. so could not take that risk.
    still curious why no circuit event in Michigan yet, plenty of proven venues and shows..with lots of pins and rather large payouts + percentages guaranteed. Not to mention plenty of room for players and spectators with more than one restroom as well...lol.

#17 10 years ago

thx MHS for clearing it all up my friend
    sounds super!
    tty soon

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballz-papa-circuit-comments-thread?tu=silver_spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.