(Topic ID: 73199)

Pinballz PAPA circuit comments thread

By DarthXaos

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zaxxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

Plenty of eye candy in the arcade especially later in the evening

You ain't kidding - but man did it make me feel old. Someone asked Sanjay if he had change as they thought he worked there!

No camera setup for broadcasting or spectating.

The plan was for PAPA to be onsite do to live broadcasting, but something came up and they couldn't attend. Personally, I think it would have been difficult as the space was very tight and the ceiling was low which might have made the camera angles difficult. Additionally, it was a darker than other tournaments they have broadcasted at in the past, so not sure how good it was look. Heck, Fish Tales was hard to see in person!

Joe and myself did our best with the "PAPA spreadsheet telegraph service"

I think overall the tournament went very well. I wish there was a little more information about the entire format, payouts, etc. Also some of the games (Fish Tales) had some of the crappy LED GI that barely lit the playfield (think WOZ type lighting) and there was more than one occasion I lost the ball just because I couldn't see it.

Other changes:
    - Longer qualifying hours. We could have gone until 1am easily. Although I will admit ending early was nice as I got two great nights of sleep.
    - Earlier start on Sunday.
    - Pingolf changes. Instead of picking typical tournament games, pick games we've never played. Pingolf on Lost In space, Space Jam, etc would have been helluva alot funnier!!
    - More space... somehow. This tournament could have gone alot different with 30 more people in attendance.

-- Brian

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from bitCurrier:

I know some of the locals who are pretty good players that don't like the pump and dump format, even for our smaller local tournaments, and pass on it. We're trying to get them interested by having a single entrance fee or having different formats.

Yeah, I agree. The pump in dump certainly does turn people off.

Hopefully someone will attempt a single fee, limited entry tournament

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Well we might be in luck this year! I thought I heard something about the Michigan Pinball expo being a PAPA event in April. But I could be mistaken. I'm sure someone else can confirm or deny this.

I don't think they have thought about 2014-2015 dates, but given that MPE is the weekend after Pinburgh (and circuit finals), I would be surprised if it was the first event.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

Michigan - We already attempted to schedule a Circuit event in Michigan, but things didn't work out with the location due to unforeseen circumstances (no one's fault... just didn't work out). As for next year, the Michigan Pinball Expo will be the second Circuit event of the season on back-to-back weekends with Pinburgh, and our goal is to broadcast both on PAPAtv.

And I stand corrected. Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zaxxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballz-papa-circuit-comments-thread?tu=Zaxxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.