(Topic ID: 83914)

Pinballz is a great arcade but...

By jackd104

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-911.jpg
    image-851.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from phalcon_2600:

I could be wrong, but I don't think I saw any Texas operator permits on the games. In Texas it costs about $60 for a permit for one game. So I'm thinking the games being for sale is a loop hole. If all the games are for sale then Pinballz is a showroom for potential buyers. Players are test driving games before buying them. So therefore no Texas operator permits are required. Pinballz puts stupid high prices on them so they won't sell, but so they don't have to buy permits. Is my thinking correct on this?????

I hope not, because that sounds like borderline fraud to me.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from appeac:

Fraud is the license fee to begin with. A relic of past religion creeping into laws that is now just free money for the city.

So then, you'd be against sales taxes on movie rentals, theatres, golf courses, concerts, performing arts, etc? There's sales tax on all that last I checked, given it's generally rolled into the price, but last I heard, every other business under the sun is expected to pay their dues. I very seriously doubt that Pinballz is making more money selling these games than what they get in coin drop. If that's the case, I don't see how they could possibly explain being a "showroom"...but that's me. I'm not in any way implying what they may or may not being doing is illegal, for the record. There's more loopholes in tax code than I care to think about, but it makes you wonder how the government would see it.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

For the record, all the machines at pinballz had the Texas license sticker, on the apron.

I didn't even notice them when I was down there for state champs. Someone else had mentioned they they didn't see them too though before this thread, so I figured after a second report might've been the case. Was kinda busy...playing.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I hope youre not being serious....you must hate playing pinball on route

Yes, you're right. I totally do NOT support our local 20-cents-per-game location that has like 7 sterns on the floor, nor did I track down the guy that maintains pins at the local movie theatre and get him into our facebook group so we can let him know when things are busted and when we'd like to run tournaments at the location, and get code updated. I think I might have dreamed that I met him in person a few times as well.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Next time try to lay on the sarcasm a little thicker

I'll see what I can do.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from graystarsfan1:

Dang, was hoping they would get crazy and open a location in DFW. Just means more trips to Austin.

There was rumor of that a while back, but got stomped out pretty quick. Disappointing, but I can see the logic of keeping operations close to home. =|

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Neat. You just seemed so hell bent on making sure this guy was paying his 60$ per game, which is a rip these days. Je pays his fair sure on tax time. I support pinball on location and am against all game taxes,

I'm against someone getting their business shut down because they're trying to be a shady lawbreaking douche....which thankfully turned out not to be the case here. Frankly, even with my strong morals, if I found out it was the case that's exactly what was going on, I wouldn't be arsed to report it. I don't have an issue with the mere fact that taxes are collected on revenue, which is the case pretty much anywhere, but the issue is how disproportionate that tax is in regards to what most of these games bring in. Frankly, after seeing the prices Pinballz sets on most of their games, and how many bloody people were in there on a friday night, I wouldn't be shocked if 65+% of those games pulled 60$ in a single night. I don't think that .2% tax rate is all that outrageous.....course I have no way of knowing what other taxes Pinballz pays in the course of their business.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Was there tonight and Dungeons & Dragons had a "Sold!" sign on it. Price marked was $3k.

Glad I made a point to play it then...haven't ever seen another one...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballz-is-a-great-arcade-but?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.