(Topic ID: 180795)

Pinballz (Austin) - Worth a 3+ hour drive?

By SkyKing2301

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

uli (resized).jpg
    20170522_003010 (resized).jpg
    20170522_003037 (resized).jpg
    20170523_135253 (resized).jpg
    20170523_143724 (resized).jpg
    20170523_134604 (resized).jpg
    20170523_134652 (resized).jpg
    20170523_133758 (resized).jpg
    20170522_170630 (resized).jpg
    20170523_132912 (resized).jpg
    20170522_163453 (resized).jpg
    20170522_163544 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey all -- I'll be headed to Dallas next month for a short business trip. (I have to book my flights tomorrow, so I'm trying to settle on my plan.) I'm considering flying into Austin first, to check out one (or more) of the Pinballz locations there. I'll be able to hang and play for approximately 3 hours, then I'll have to hit the road and drive the 3-3.5 hours up to Dallas.

Those who've been there -- is it worth the extra hassle of all that driving, just to play for a few hours? Also, is it not a free play setting? Other threads seem to imply it's token play, which means it could get pricey with a few hour stay.

Thoughts? Let's discuss.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Interesting to see the mixed reviews.

I've taken all the factors into consideration (including token play, risk of game issues, added complication to travel arrangements, limited time to play, 3+ hour drive, etc.) and have decided I'll just stick with Dallas and spend time over at Nickelrama.

#10 7 years ago

Excellent feedback. I hadn't really considered the traffic pitfalls too.

Flights are booked; I'll be going to/fron Dallas and visiting Nickelrama while I'm there. Thanks all!

3 months later
    #26 6 years ago

FYI, if anyone was following / contributing to this thread (before Gryszzz's takeover, lol), here's how my trip went -- as mentioned, I went to/from Dallas and visited Nickelrama: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-nickelrama-experience-garland-tx

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from GregCon:

There's no way I'd drive 3.5 hrs just to play pinball for a few hours. Pinballz is cool but....
    You also don't state the hours you would have to drive but keep in mind it's not prairie driving. You'll be subject to at least two rush hours (Austin and Dallas) if you don't time it right. Plus there is ALWAYS construction on that stretch so count on some of that misery too.

Yeah, 85vett had pointed out the high potential for rough traffic, which I hadn't considered -- since I'm not familiar with the area, which is why I was asking in the first place! The traffic issue sealed the deal, and so I stuck with Dallas & Nickelrama.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

I think OP needs ejected from his own thread just for asking.

I already feel like I've been ejected from my own thread! [I'm looking at you, Gryszzz, lol]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballz-austin-worth-a-3-hour-drive?tu=SkyKing2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.