Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31.jpg
    Pinballz.JPG
    30.JPG
    29.jpg
    28.jpg
    27.JPG
    26.JPG
    25.JPG
    24.JPG
    23.jpg
    22.jpg
    21.JPG
    20.JPG
    19.JPG
    18.JPG
    17.JPG

#1 11 years ago

Hello Pinside!
    Here is a visual tour of all the pins (minus pics of the 3 EM's, the IM, SFII and HH ) at 'Pinballz Arcade' in Austin Texas.
    http://www.pinballzarcade.com/games-to-play/pinball-games
    Please to enjoy...

Here is the entrance... Left side.
    entranceL.JPGentranceL.JPG
    Right side (You can kinda see IM after TF. Sorry!)
    entranceR.JPGentranceR.JPG
    180 degree turn. Left side of door heading out.
    3.JPG3.JPG
    Right side of door heading out.
    4.JPG4.JPG
    Rounding the left corner.
    5.JPG5.JPG
    Far left.
    6.JPG6.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Far left row, continuing back.
    7.JPG7.JPG
    The horrible "20 frames a second ball" SM.
    8.jpg8.jpg
    Rounding right after TSPP.
    9.jpg9.jpg
    Right outer edge. (That's GL at the end if anyone cares.)
    10.JPG10.JPG
    Alone on it's own... : (
    11.jpg11.jpg
    The Bridge!
    12.JPG12.JPG

#4 11 years ago

To the right of the Bridge!

13.JPG13.JPG
    Opposite row from outer left.
    14.JPG14.JPG
    Up the right stairs we go to the first row.
    15.JPG15.JPG
    First row continuing back to left stairs.
    16.jpg16.jpg
    Still going...
    17.JPG17.JPG
    Left back wall.
    18.JPG18.JPG

#6 11 years ago

Continuation of left back wall.

19.JPG19.JPG

Still going back...
    20.JPG20.JPG
    Very back row.
    21.JPG21.JPG
    Endcap to BSD
    22.jpg22.jpg
    Across from POTO
    23.jpg23.jpg
    Very back row continued.
    24.JPG24.JPG

#7 11 years ago

Upper level inner row between Nascar and SFII (not pictured).

25.JPG25.JPG
    Inner row continued.
    26.JPG26.JPG
    Other side. (That's DM at the end D.O.A.)
    27.JPG27.JPG
    Endcap to BTTF.
    28.jpg28.jpg
    Endcap to HS.
    29.jpg29.jpg
    Opposite Corvette row.
    30.JPG30.JPG

#8 11 years ago

Wow!!! Thanks for the pics, NP! What an amazing lineup! They all look like they're in fantastic shape as well.

#9 11 years ago

Wow, lot a great pins! Thank you

#10 11 years ago

My brother lives down there in Austin. Sadly when I visited him it was too early and Pinballz wasn't opened then. Hopefully soon I'll get to visit again. I think the people who own the place also fix the machines up when they get them. They also have like 90% of their machines on sale at all times.

#11 11 years ago

At ridiculously HIGH prices too! Marshall Lucky better look out...
    I just wanted to apologize to Iceman and way2wyrd for not being able to coordinate a schedule.
    I was really pressed for time to hang out with you guys. Thank you two so very much on that earlier thread regarding places to eat.
    All in all it was a great experience to visit here. As you can see it is packed with people! I was there for two days playing when it opened at noon for about three to four hours each time.
    I got around 60 machines played and even managed to get my initials on 'The Sopranos' on my first try. (It really wasn't that high though... )
    As you can see they did a good job (for the most part) clustering the pins based on theme.
    Alas, I was a slave to the bus schedule and had to leave early each day to get back to the hotel.
    You guys that are close to this place better keep it going! I don't want to see such a massive pin location fall by the wayside!!
    I almost forgot the outside pic...

Pinballz.JPGPinballz.JPG

Go and visit, you will have a blast!!!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

At ridiculously HIGH prices too! Marshall Lucky better look out...

A Used Cars reference? Oh snap!

#13 11 years ago

Damn I almost went to pinballz today, not that I would have recognized you! Did you come to Austin just to visit Pinballz? Did they fix the BK2K upper flipper yet? There should be a D&D and Haunted House in there somewhere too.

#14 11 years ago

My wife had a conference there so I went... You know- for "moral" *cough**pinball* support.
    I was wearing plaid pants if you were there Monday and Tuesday.
    I didn't play BK2K because I can play it here. I focused on the pins I usually never get to play. Sorry W_P...

Doh! You're right! (Sorry guys... It's in between WCS and DM.)

31.jpg31.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of HH too... (It's in between Cyclone and TFTC.)

Take a picture of the missing pins next time W_P and I'll add them into this thread.

#15 11 years ago

Wow! How cool it would be to have a place like that to play. Visit it regularly you locals. Great pics, thanks for the review.

#16 11 years ago

I'd lose my job just to spend more time there. That place is amazing! I'm going to put that down on my places to go sometime in my life file. Ground Kontrol, PHoF, and this place would make for a perfect trip.

#17 11 years ago

That makes me want to hop in the jeep right now. How far is it from Miami To Austin? 12-14 hrs?
    Nice job on the presentation.

#18 11 years ago

Wow, what a line-up. And that bridge is just awesome

If you want, please also drag the photos into the upload box here:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/pinballz-arcade-austin-tx-united-states

Thanks!

#19 11 years ago

What a great place!

#20 11 years ago

thanks for posting looks like a fun time. I will have to make to there some day.

#21 11 years ago

All I can say is Wow.
    Well I guess I can say a little more. Nice job with the pics nimble. They have the best lineup of pins I've ever seen. Much better than the Pinball Wizard in NH.

#22 11 years ago

And how many places are you going to find two puck bowlers and a Strikes N Spares. Impressive indeed!

#23 11 years ago

Here's a photo album I did on Facebook with more pictures (and some closeups on the prices of some of the machines) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.233837399997880.52326.130948076953480&type=3

#24 11 years ago

Wow!!!

The sad thing is this place looks completely empty.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Wow!!!

Hopefully he was there RIGHT as the place opened. Man, I would be there easily 3 days a week after work. Talk about being able to sample whatever you want - the ultimate "try before you buy" location.

Man, you locals better keep that place up. That is one of the last pinball meccas I've ever seen.

#26 11 years ago

Yeah,
    That is what worries me GFLM... It is such a cool place but, due to the weird location it might be forgotten sooner than later.
    The highest foot traffic I saw was about six people... (12PM-4PM)
    Running all of the pins (and vids) and the nice air-conditioning for a 13,000 sq ft facility probably isn't cheap!
    Hence why I started this thread...
    People talk about this place, but very few pictures are included.
    I wanted to help out as much as I could.

Yes, I will add these to the database Robin! It was late so I just threw them up here first...

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah,
    That is what worries me GFLM... It is such a cool place but, due to the weird location it might be forgotten sooner than later.
    The highest foot traffic I saw was about six people...
    Running all of the pins (and vids) and the nice air-conditioning for a 13,000 sq ft facility probably isn't cheap!
    Hence why I started this thread...
    People talk about this place, but very few pictures are included.
    I wanted to help out as much as I could.

It is hugely appreciated too. These pics are awesome. $15k for a MM though - dang. This would be an outstanding place to come in, try a game a good couple 5-10 games, make sure you like it, come home, and find it on the net. Everyone wins: arcade stays open/gets supported, you know if you like the pin or not, you get the pin off the net if you liked it, and then you go back to the arcade and continue to support them and find another, wash, rinse, repeat! EVERYONE wins

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I just wanted to apologize to Iceman and way2wyrd for not being able to coordinate a schedule.

No worries man. We will hit it some time in teh future. Any one that visits austin let me know and wee can grab some beers and hit Pinballz up

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Only time its empty is daytime. Its open till 1 or 2 am and gets packed to the gills. expecially on DJ night and 80s night

#29 11 years ago

That makes me feel better way2wyrd!
    I saw the sign for the 80's night, I'm sure that would do well. (At least HDC would be inclined to visit! )
    I knew it had to be making some kind of money to stay open for as long as it has! Phew!
    Being in an industrial area where it is blocked by a raised highway wasn't helping things when I first got off the bus on the other side of the street...

And why didn't anyone tell me that they had a Table Tennis club just before the Truck parts store?!?!?

#30 11 years ago

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. Man, I wish there was something like that within 300 miles of me.

What do you think of the pricing of the games? http://www.pinballzarcade.com/products-page/pinball-machines/ At first, I thought it was crazy, but then I got to thinking. If their prices were great, the machines certainly wouldn't stick around. So these high prices are apt to keep this great collection mostly together for us to play!

I imagine they sell a couple of games a month to people who put convenience over value. Nothing wrong with that--they need to make money and stay in the black somehow. More power to them and to anyone else considering doing something similar.

#31 11 years ago

Yeah there are some pins that are gone from Pinside's previous list, as well as replacements for those missing machines.
    I will fix this another day...
    As for the pricing yeah, the "price police" would definitely crap their pants if they walked around...
    I added the pics to the database Robin. Hopefully someone can add the SFII, HH, IM and EM's because I forgot to take them...

#32 11 years ago

Wow, fantastic place. I hope they do well, wish there was something like that around here.

#33 11 years ago

I live about an hour away from Pinballz and go there whenever I'm in Austin. It is a very nice place and the games are usually in better playing condition than most games at pinball shows. I hope they stick around but I wish they would keep it BYOB

#34 11 years ago

Great photos, NP. I need to go there.

#35 11 years ago

need.... to... move... to... Austin

#36 11 years ago

I had a dream last night that I was moving to TX... must be a sign from above

#37 11 years ago

As for the place being empty, they seem to do a lot of business on weekends. They have a facebook page where they have pictures of the various parties they have. You can also find a few tour videos on youtube.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from QuackenColony:

They have a facebook page where they have pictures of the various parties they have. You can also find a few tour videos on youtube.

Nice. Must "like" Pinballz on FB.

#39 11 years ago

I'm probably going this weekend. GF lives in Austin.

#40 11 years ago

Wow, what a dream lineup. No need to own any pins if you live near that place!

Todd

#41 11 years ago

Thx. for the pics.I hope you are feeling better after giving your wife "So much moral support" )
    How were the Ramen noodles in Austin? I know you are still saving $ to pay for that WOZ machine you are buying.
    Kirk in Colorado,Proud owner of ECLEWOZ #666

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

How were the Ramen noodles in Austin?

Hahaha... Nice.
    Food-wise, everything was excellent. They even have really good pizza!
    I think I gained about five pounds in three days.
    WOZ has been PIF since Dec. But yes, thanks for remembering my ramen struggle.
    (And also for rubbing in that #666... )

#43 11 years ago

Fantastic review NimblePin
    I bet on the weekends the noise must be incredible

#44 11 years ago

NimblePin, just thank you thank you thank you!

#45 11 years ago

I'm just glad that we have a few arcades of the same quality with just as good a selection out here in SoCal.

Oh....wait..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballz-a-visual-guide-by-nimblepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.