(Topic ID: 22625)

Pinball/Video Arcade Collections

By gjbwalker

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have video arcade games in your pinball collection?”

• Yes 110 votes
      75%
    • No 37 votes
      25%

(147 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0999.JPG
    IMGA0998.JPG
    IMGA0995.JPG
    IMGA0997-865.JPG
    IMGA0798.JPG
    IMGA0242.JPG
    DSCF8198.JPG
    Centipede CT.jpg
    DSCF7217.JPG
    Screenshot_2015-01-15-01-31-03.png
    CAM00213.jpg
    0120111232.jpg
    2012-07-11_11-35-33_984.jpg
    2012-07-17_11-13-25_140.jpg
    2012-07-16_18-52-48_329.jpg
    IMG_2532-929.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

Built my own MAME and rarely if ever us it. It fits in a space where a support beam makes for low clearance where a pin wouldn't fit anyway, so I don't sweat it.

Never heard of one not being able to self adjust for horizontal/vertical screens.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Thanks, TheLaw - let me get this straight.....you can get plans to build your own cabinet, and there are resources to purchase CRT's, etc.? Anyone sell a kit?
    I know NOTHING about these things, I assumed that screens had to either be turned one way or the other to accomodate the graphics from reading this thread - I'm wrong on that I guess?
    You can purchase ROM's I gather that plug in and offer you more selections if you want to expand???
    Thanks, never played much video and I was right in the middle of "PacMan Fever" just liked pinball better!!!
    -Nate

Oh there are tons of options. You can get the designs online to build cabinets build them yourself, or you can buy old video game cabinets and put the system in them, or buy a pre made old style cabinet, buy a pre made/loaded with games plug & play system, input the roms to fine tune exactly what games you want build your own system etc etc.
    I think a lot of people moved to LCD screens and away from CRTs. I have a base controller board and a LCD mounted to the wall in front of it...whatever floats your boat.

I got my set up from these guys...but there are countless options

www.mameroom.com/home.asp

#33 9 years ago

Erak, where did you find the plans to build?

plans to build can be googled. Lots of places sell the plug and play ones...when you see peope above say "30 in 1" or "60 in 1" it means 1 machine, 30 or 60 games. If you built it yourself you can have 47,000 games if you want...which everyone here will agree is a nightmare.

Sorry I can't give more links...at work and they're all blocked

#36 9 years ago

- was thinking you could get one for 4-500 used????

Yeah I'm not at all sure on current market prices.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

So these multiboards are idiot proof. No messing with setting up the controls in mame or dealing with windows.

Yeah I can see your point there...as setting up the MAME in perfect order was no weekend task...that's for sure. There's pros and cons to both ways...quick and easy versus customization.

Quoted from Miguel351:

Has anybody seen the controller setup where all the buttons are semi-opaque and have RGB LEDs behind them that light up with the configuration of the currently played game before?

Yes my brothers is like that and it's nice. Lights up the buttons used for each game...real nice but I saw the wiring and VERY quickly said no thanks to that much work

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Thats the problem with a complicated setup(too many buttons).

Ok go out to the main menu, then pick MAME, then look through the games. Find the one you like, hit the enter button, no that's the coin button you gotta hit the enter button, then hit the coin button then play. But I've saved a lot of the best games in the favorites...ok back to the main menu....etc etc

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

This is my MAME rig...

Cyberball or made from scratch? Nice rig.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballvideo-arcade-collections?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.