(Topic ID: 27942)

Pinballtoppers.com - Speaker Light Kits business change..

By Supadave

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 621 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Supadave
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
    Sample.jpg
    961029_10202779876729649_1835950397_n.jpg
    AdvertST800Sample.jpg
    startrek.jpg
    sample-390.jpg
    sample.jpg
    Screen_shot_2013-08-02_at_10.26.29_PM..png
    IMG_1528.JPG
    METLE-Speaker.jpg
    topper-lights-METLE.jpg
    image.jpg
    cp.jpg
    star_wars.jpg
    20130724_193024_resized.jpg
    20130724_193003_resized.jpg
    There are 621 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
    #351 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

Any chance you'll be doing one of these speaker light kits for Congo? (or finishing the topper you previewed last year)?

Congo got put on hold due to this project but I plan to get back to it soon. I know there is interest. I just don't want put too much on my plate.

#352 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Congo got put on hold due to this project but I plan to get back to it soon. I know there is interest. I just don't want put too much on my plate.

No prob. I am interested in a speaker light kit though, have you done many (or any) Williams titles?

#353 11 years ago

I want to order a LOTR kit, but it says it is backordered. So if I order the base kit now, I would have to order the LOTR plastics again later when they are in stock? And pay separate shipping?

In other words would I be better off waiting until the LOTR plastics are in stock before ordering?

#354 11 years ago

Rob, I'll have more LOTR in stock tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

I also forgot to mention that there is actually 5 new pieces coming. Big Buck, Harley Davidson, Nascar, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and 24. I forgot to put 24 up. I'll put 24 on the site here soon. Also, the updated version of the Tron Disc.

#355 11 years ago

So every Stern except Wheel? Need a WoF!!

#356 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

So every Stern except Wheel? Need a WoF!!

We have a WOF designed but not completed. There are several other Sterns missing still and we are working on them too. To name a few: Ripleys, Indy, CSI, and WOF as you mentioned.

#357 11 years ago
    Quoted from planters49:

Thanks, that's the info I'm looking for. I think I'll give the kit a go.

I'd be interested on your take on the sonic quality before and after. That was the very first thing I thought of when I saw these awesome mods. I tend to upgrade the speakers on most of my pins as a throwback to my audiophile days. It has to affect it in some way.

#358 11 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Is there a trick in getting the remote to respond? It soes not seem to want to do anything

Take the translite off and aim the remote directly at the receiver for a test. Also, make sure the receiver has not fallen behind a speaker or the DMD. The receiver should be pointing at the translite, not down at the floor. Hope this helps.

#359 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Take the translite off and aim the remote directly at the receiver for a test. Also, make sure the receiver has not fallen behind a speaker or the DMD. The receiver should be pointing at the translite, not down at the floor. Hope this helps.

Here's another test you can do with a remote that isn't responding. Get a digital camera (even a cheap cell phone camera) and look at the remote eye through the screen. Then press a button on the remote while looking at the eye. You should be able to see it light up on the screen when the button is pressed. If it doesn't light up....it's probably the battery or the remote.

I did have an issue where a new remote didn't seem to work. I then removed the battery and reinstalled it. The remote then started working fine. The battery was originally installed fine and everything and I don't know what taking the battery out and back in would have done....but that took care of the issue.

#360 11 years ago

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY FOR A KIT WITH THE NEW TRON DISCS!!

#361 11 years ago

+1 on this.... any pics of the updated tron discs? sounds cool.

Quoted from Frax:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY FOR A KIT WITH THE NEW TRON DISCS!!

#362 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Sounds good Dave!

You've come a long way since you did your great Road Show topper!

#363 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

+2. I drooled all over myself (amongst other fluids) when I saw that pic.

#364 11 years ago

I'd be interested on your take on the sonic quality before and after. That was the very first thing I thought of when I saw these awesome mods. I tend to upgrade the speakers on most of my pins as a throwback to my audiophile days. It has to affect it in some way.

Sound unaffected. Just installed these along with a new pinball pro full speaker kit. Sounds as sweet as it looks.

DMD is much redder in real life. Looks AWESOME with the blue speakers.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#365 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Tron Disk UPDATED Version. Blue Mirror.

Tron_Disk_mirror.jpgTron_Disk_mirror.jpg Tron_disc_sample_mirror.jpgTron_disc_sample_mirror.jpg

#366 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

I also forgot to mention that there is actually 5 new pieces coming. Big Buck, Harley Davidson, Nascar, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and 24. I forgot to put 24 up. I'll put 24 on the site here soon. Also, the updated version of the Tron Disc.

Is RBION the only Stern there are none for yet?

RIPLEYS, RIPLEYS, RIPLEYS!!

Ideas for the inserts - , rollerskating penguins, Bozo the mind reading dog, pictures of globes, shrunken heads? Just a couple ideas there is a ton that would relate to the game just not sure which one would look best.

#367 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

That looks great!

#368 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

I went to your site to order the update Tron disc version, but it's not available. When can we order?

Thanks!
    Joe

#369 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Still not showing in stock?

#370 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Still not showing in stock?

Much to my own disappointment the pieces didn't come in today. Friday evening they should be in. Sorry about that guys.

#371 11 years ago

The new Tron kit is up. I just grabbed one, along with a TSPP kit (Duff).

#372 11 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

The new Tron kit is up. I just grabbed one, along with a TSPP kit (Duff).

Thanks for the heads up, LOTR back in stock now too. Order placed!

#373 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for the heads up, LOTR back in stock now too. Order placed!

I just put a set in my LE and the look great Rob. Great product!

#374 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Much to my own disappointment the pieces didn't come in today. Friday evening they should be in. Sorry about that guys.

Great job Supadave! Super happy with LOTR kit

#375 11 years ago
    Quoted from SSrig:

Great job Supadave! Super happy with LOTR kit

Glad to hear! FYI, I already ran out of the Tron Mirror Disc's. Those went incredibly fast. I do have more coming in a few days though. I just underestimated the amount needed. My bad.

David

#376 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Glad to hear! FYI, I already ran out of the Tron Mirror Disc's. Those went incredibly fast. I do have more coming in a few days though. I just underestimated the amount needed. My bad.
    David

SON OF A BITCH! >=F

#377 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

David

Wow, that's great for you though,. I have to ask, could you hav e possibly imagined these would have taken off like they did?

Just curious.
    Great stuff!

Chris

#378 11 years ago

Totally makes sense that these would be popular. I've always thought that the blank dmd panel and no screened art on the speaker grills was a huge aesthetic step backwards from Bally/WMS games. These definitely address that shortcoming and add bling where stern machines need it most.

#379 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheBaron:

Totally makes sense that these would be popular. I've always thought that the blank dmd panel and no screened art on the speaker grills was a huge aesthetic step backwards from Bally/WMS games. These definitely address that shortcoming and add bling where stern machines need it most.

Oh, I agree completely. I was more curious if he was surprised just HOW popular they have been.

I have to say, he went about it the right way. Minimal tech needed for install, easy, plug and play setup. Very well done!

Chris

#380 11 years ago

Got my kit installed on TRON LE tonight. Easy installation, took maybe 15 minutes and the blue color is a spot on match for the blue DMD from Xpin. Professionally constructed product, build quality of spacer/LED bracket was much more than I expected. I will say I am very happy with the purchase. IMG-20130206-00006.jpgIMG-20130206-00006.jpg

#381 11 years ago

awesome looking!

#382 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

No prob. I am interested in a speaker light kit though, have you done many (or any) Williams titles?

So no?

#383 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Already designed both and set to roll in due time.

For now we are focusing on Stern models only. Williams is on the back burner.

It was asked and answered on page 1.

#384 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

We are looking into some Williams but there is a problem at hand with most. The speaker panel is not even on many Williams titles. What I mean by that is if you take a look you will notice the hole on the left is larger than the hole on the right in the speaker panel. Along with the larger speaker on the left and the smaller on the right. We have experimented and the issue at hand is that you get a larger effect on the left and a smaller effect on the right giving you a lopsided look. There may not be an easy solution or any at all as no one will want lopsided looking speaker lights. Sorry Williams owners, you may be out of luck on the light portion. Acrylic designs can certainly still be created. I've been working on one as a test and I'll have some pics here soon.

David

#385 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Got my kit installed on TRON LE tonight. Easy installation, took maybe 15 minutes and the blue color is a spot on match for the blue DMD from Xpin. Professionally constructed product, build quality of spacer/LED bracket was much more than I expected. I will say I am very happy with the purchase.

Lights look great Marc, really great! One suggestion though. Flip them over. You gottem upside down there chief.

#386 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Lights look great Marc, really great! One suggestion though. Flip them over. You gottem upside down there chief.

sad thing is i actually made a conscious decision to put them that way. i just matched the one in the translite. i'll get em flipped.

#387 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Got my kit installed on TRON LE tonight. Easy installation, took maybe 15 minutes and the blue color is a spot on match for the blue DMD from Xpin. Professionally constructed product, build quality of spacer/LED bracket was much more than I expected. I will say I am very happy with the purchase.

Looks great. I keep thinking of getting a blue DMD for my X-Men LE (Wolvie Edition), but not until I decide if it's a keeper (or a semi-keeper) for me. It looks great on Tron.

So anyone out there have a light kit installed in a Hulk LE that can snap some pics? I want to see some green speakers and DMD.

#388 11 years ago

I installed my Tron and TSPP speaker kits today. They look awesome.

TronSpeakers.jpgTronSpeakers.jpg

TSPPspeakers.jpgTSPPspeakers.jpg

#389 11 years ago

those discs look tight!

Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I installed my Tron and TSPP speaker kits today. They look awesome.

#390 11 years ago

Are the light kits out of stock or just on back order Supa? thanks

#391 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

sad thing is i actually made a conscious decision to put them that way. i just matched the one in the translite. i'll get em flipped.

I did the same thing

#392 11 years ago
    Quoted from GOLFIN365:

Are the light kits out of stock or just on back order Supa? thanks

Yup, out of stock temporarily. Had an incorrect shipment come in and I have to wait till after the Chinese New Years in order to get it straightened out. The plan was to order before the Chinese holiday which we did so we would have enough but when the parts came and were incorrect we then became pretty well screwed for a couple weeks.

We are trying to get everything sorted as we are planning to attend the Ohio Show as well and have kits available there. As of now, it's sort of up in the air.

David

#393 11 years ago

Would be interested in getting a tron kit when they are ready to be ordered again

#394 11 years ago

I received my Tron and ACDC (Angus & Brian) acrylics today. Simply awesome........thanks for a wonderful and subtle addition to my games.

#395 11 years ago

I hope he gets the light kits back in soon, I only have one more to get [RCT] so all my sterns will then have them.

#396 11 years ago

I am patiently waiting as well

#397 11 years ago

When will the LED kit and AC/DC acrylics be available?

#398 11 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

When will the LED kit and AC/DC acrylics be available?

Parts are on order, just waiting for them to arrive. Chinese New Years put things on a delay. I ordered all the parts before the Chinese New Years, but when they arrived back on the 5th, they were wrong and they wouldn't ship replacements until the 18th. What a huge setback. I expect parts in very soon. Within a week.

As for the ACDC acrylics I am getting a batch done up this weekend and will have them Wednesday.

#399 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Parts are on order, just waiting for them to arrive. Chinese New Years put things on a delay. I ordered all the parts before the Chinese New Years, but when they arrived back on the 5th, they were wrong and they wouldn't ship replacements until the 18th. What a huge setback. I expect parts in very soon. Within a week.
    As for the ACDC acrylics I am getting a batch done up this weekend and will have them Wednesday.

Thanks for the update.

#400 11 years ago

Tron version looks amazing. Any plans to offer ones with chasing leds that tie into flashers?

There are 621 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballtopperscom-new-product-light-kits/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.