(Topic ID: 27942)

Pinballtoppers.com - Speaker Light Kits business change..

By Supadave

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 621 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Supadave
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
    Sample.jpg
    961029_10202779876729649_1835950397_n.jpg
    AdvertST800Sample.jpg
    startrek.jpg
    sample-390.jpg
    sample.jpg
    Screen_shot_2013-08-02_at_10.26.29_PM..png
    IMG_1528.JPG
    METLE-Speaker.jpg
    topper-lights-METLE.jpg
    image.jpg
    cp.jpg
    star_wars.jpg
    20130724_193024_resized.jpg
    20130724_193003_resized.jpg

There are 621 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
    #551 10 years ago

Those match the shooter rod really well, nice choice!

#552 10 years ago

That's awesome man. Thanks for sharing. You are now 1 of two people on this planet that has a speaker light kit for striker. I do believe you are the first to install as the second person on this planet just ordered his today. It looks nice man.

#553 10 years ago

Fast shipping, man. Got mine in the mail today. Wasn't expecting anything and it was a nice surprise. Just need my game now!

#554 10 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Today, on Pimp My Striker Xtreme:

Hmmm? What do you know? They're little footballs. (in most of the world anyway).

EDIT: Skip to 2:22 as pinside doesn't seem to link to youtube vids part of the way through.

#555 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

Hmmm? What do you know? They're little footballs. (in most of the world anyway).
    » YouTube video
    EDIT: Skip to 2:22 as pinside doesn't seem to link to youtube vids part of the way through.

Laces out!

#556 10 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for Ray Finkle... and a clean pair of shorts.

#557 10 years ago

I would also like to mention a couple of resellers carrying Pinball Toppers speaker light kits:

Pinballcenter in Europe:

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/pinball-modding-speaker-light-kit-c-226_346.html?language=english

This should really help with shipping costs for any Europeans that are looking to order kits.

and Flipper Fidelity:

http://flipperfidelity.com/products.php?cat=Speaker%20LED%20Light%20Kits%20for%20Stern%20machines&itemId=161

If you are upgrading your speaker system, you might want to dress them up with a light kit and matching acrylics.

#558 10 years ago

I installed these on my Tron today, couldn't be happier with them. They go really well with the LED backbox kit I got from Flipper Fidelity. The mirrored disc inserts look really good when the machine is off too. Just gotta get a blue DMD now!

tron-speaker-lights.jpgtron-speaker-lights.jpg

#560 10 years ago

Update 7/19 - Data East and Sega kits are now in stock

Hello, I'd like to share with you a new product. We are rolling out the Data East / Sega speaker light kits today. Not all are available yet but we will be rolling out the rest of the lineup soon.

Here is a list of what is available now!

Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Godzilla
    Harley Davidson
    Jurassic Park
    Last Action Hero
    Lethal Weapon 3
    Lost in Space
    South Park
    Star Wars
    Tales from the Crypt
    Tommy
    WWF Royal Rumble.

If you are interested in a speaker light for your Data East or Sega machine please read the top of the page after clicking the link below to learn about power supply options. It's very important and will help you make the right decision when buying a kit.

Kits can be found here: http://www.pinballtoppers.com/Data-East.html

Thank you
    David Baucom
    www.pinballtoppers.com

advert2.jpgadvert2.jpg

#561 10 years ago

JP and WWFRR ordered. Thanks!

Machines without speaker light kits should all be destroyed. Oh Yeah!

#562 10 years ago

We need pics of TFTC!

#563 10 years ago

CHECKPOINT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now you just need some LWJP

#564 10 years ago

I have pics of tftc and checkpoint. I'll put them up tonight.

David

#565 10 years ago

Heck yaaaaaaaaaa!

#566 10 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Checkpoint!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now you just need some LWJP

Or JPTLW

I have been on Dave for a set of these.....the problem is is that it only has one facing speaker....and the other side is a hard plastic cover. I believe he has some kind of idea of what he wants to do with this (I think SST also has this "showcase" back box)....but wants to get these out the door first!

#567 10 years ago

Next up is the earlier Data East games (Back to the Future - Hook) and also some later Sega games. Then we look into the Sega Showcase cabinets.

They should all work fine. It's just a matter of getting the proper mounting hardware, power cables and instructions on mounting them.

PS: I have speaker light kits in my Black Spider-Man, Checkpoint and X-Men LE Wolverine and the Checkpoint kit is the most impressive looking in my opinion.

#569 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

We need pics of TFTC!

+1
    depending on what it looks like, I may be in for a set.

#570 10 years ago

Waiting to see what the GoldenEye set will look like. Definitely interested.

#571 10 years ago

We need pics of TFTC!

+1
    depending on what it looks like, I may be in for a set.

We don't have every DE machine so we are not real sure what some will look like but we were able to score a couple TFTC grills to test in our test panel. As usual the pics don't do it justice because they really do look good. That said, something we noticed about TFTC that may also apply to others is that the primary colors like Red, Blue, and Green just didn't work well but purple and white looked fantastic. WWF looked great with blue, reds, and yellows. You may have to play with the colors on all of the kits a bit to find what works best as we have seen it can be different from one to the next. That said, here are the pics I took of TFTC. The picture on the right is an obvious mock up of what they would look like in a machine. Hope this helps some.

TFTC_sample.jpgTFTC_sample.jpg

#572 10 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

Waiting to see what the GoldenEye set will look like. Definitely interested.

As of now we don't have access to Goldeneye so at this time we just don't know. I do know that Goldeneye falls on that list of machines where the light will need to be behind the grill. We tested a GNR and what we found is that setting the kits to fade multicolor worked best. The lights being behind the grill does make things different. When the lights are on, you really can't see the GNR artwork at all. All you get is light. When the light fade to the next color as it's fading the artwork does light up an glow. It's a pretty neat effect depending on how fast you set your faded and the owner of the GNR we tested it on really liked it. I had some iphone video of it somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up.

#573 10 years ago

Would love to see what the Tommy one looks like.

#574 10 years ago

Here is the GNR video. Just tossed it up on youtube. Sorry if the video is crappy. It was dark and an Iphone. It looks much nicer in real life believe me. The machines listed below would fall on this list of kits needing to be placed behind the grill instead of in front of.

Apollo 13
    Batman Forever
    Baywatch
    Goldeneye
    Guns N' Roses
    Mary Shelly's Frankenstein
    Maverick

#575 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Would love to see what the Tommy one looks like.

Me too.

#576 10 years ago

I would love to see Tommy with this as well

#577 10 years ago

Just ordered some for my RBION. I have these on a couple games and they look great in a line up all lit up!

#578 10 years ago

Godzilla sounds great. Did I miss the pics for that one?

#579 10 years ago

Someone asked me what Metallica looks like on the premiums and LE's. Here is a shot of the Metallica 'M' default Stern logo lit up. My friend converted his 'M' to the Metallica star that I made for him as a custom request. He simply replaced the grills with some stock grills without the 'M' logo on it so don't go thinking you can just remove the 'M' or anything like that. Again, he just used a different set of blank Stern grills that he had around.

Second pic is of the stock grills close up in case anyone is interested to see how they are attached. Just a lock nut on the back, however there are two larger holes in the grill to accommodate the screw to go through.

metallica.jpgmetallica.jpg metallica_grills.jpgmetallica_grills.jpg

#580 10 years ago

Godzilla pics?

#581 10 years ago

Tommy pics.. My crappy phone camera shows glares but, you get the idea. It looks really nice.

20130724_192915_resized.jpg20130724_192915_resized.jpg 20130724_192942_resized.jpg20130724_192942_resized.jpg 20130724_193003_resized.jpg20130724_193003_resized.jpg 20130724_193024_resized.jpg20130724_193024_resized.jpg

#582 10 years ago

Tommy looks nice lit up. The white looks great, but I know it can be hard to judge from pictures sometimes.

Were there any surprises with the painted grills? What I mean is, I have seen several DE speaker grills lit up. All of them look nice and are much more noticeable than stock, but there have been a couple of them that have really surprised me with what colors on the grills pop out.

If Checkpoint is lit blue it makes the orange check mark in the middle of the grill look like it is 3D and sticking out away from the rest of the grill.

On WWF the border around the logo seems to glow when lit with certain colors.

#583 10 years ago
    Quoted from nocreditdot:

Tommy pics.. My crappy phone camera shows glares but, you get the idea. It looks really nice.

Thank you very much for sharing those. We never had a Tommy to test on so it is very nice to see the results. Looks great!

#584 10 years ago

Just wanted to toss this out there. There are resellers who have started selling similar speaker kits as ours. We do work with a couple resellers so to be clear here is a list of our official resellers. Anyone else and it's not our kits. Thank you for the support.

http://www.pinballtoppers.com Located in USA (That's us!)
    http://www.pinballcenter.eu Located in Europe
    http://www.flipperfidelity.com/ Located in USA

http://www.greatamericanpinball.com/ (Not a full reseller but they did purchase our kits to resell in some Metallica machines as an add-on option so they are also a supporter)

#585 10 years ago

Here is a Star Wars sample we were able to come up with. It looks pretty good. An improvement over nothing at all that's for sure. I did notice that only soft light colors worked the best. White, light purple, and such.

Also, the checkpoint that someone requested.

star_wars.jpgstar_wars.jpg cp.jpgcp.jpg

#586 10 years ago

Oh that is a check.... Point

#587 10 years ago

I installed mine in WWF last night. They look awesome. Cant wait to do Austin Powers next!

#588 10 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

Godzilla sounds great. Did I miss the pics for that one?

Dave, any word on this one?

#589 10 years ago

Dave, not that I am questioning you, but I was wondering something. Why does the Goldeneye need the power adapter even if it is not an aftermarket PS. Just wondering what is different about that game.
    Thanks.

#590 10 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

Dave, not that I am questioning you, but I was wondering something. Why does the Goldeneye need the power adapter even if it is not an aftermarket PS. Just wondering what is different about that game.
    Thanks.

Apollo 13 and Goldeneye were the first 2 Sega/Stern Whitestar games and the only 2 to not have the 12v harness in the front of the cabinet (near the coin door on the right side of the cabinet).

Apollo 13 and Goldeneye are the only 2 games that are caught in the point between the games having a separate power board with test point loops (which our standard DE / Sega power cables use) and later games having the 12v harness at the front of the cabinet that every Sega / Stern game has had since Twister.

#591 10 years ago

Thanks for that great explanation. Dug, did all the research for the data east / sega kits so he would know. In case some of you are unaware, he and I work together on the kits and is was very thorough in his research.

#592 10 years ago

^^ Are the RGB speaker kits on pinballlife the same as yours?

#593 10 years ago

No they

Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^ Are the RGB speaker kits on pinballlife the same as yours?

No they are not. A certain individual made plates similar to ours and before I could get a deal worked out with pinballlife he beat me to the punch. We hope to resolve this situation with pinballlife and eventually have our product there instead.

#594 10 years ago

OK thanks. I love pinballlife but I'll make sure to order the speaker kits with you guys.

#595 10 years ago

Installed speaker light kit and mirrored peace signs on Austin Powers yesterday. Groovy baby! Yeah!

#596 10 years ago

Installed my tron discs yesterday and had to order kits for my TF, IJ4, and Avengers too!!! I want one for my Metallica and shadow now. !!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#597 10 years ago
    Quoted from cmproductions:

Installed my tron discs yesterday and had to order kits for my TF, IJ4, and Avengers too!!! I want one for my Metallica and Shadow now. !!!

Looks good. You gotta love that Tron translite.

I don't think I've seen any pics of an IJ4 kit installed. It would be appreciated if you can.

#598 10 years ago

Does anybody have these on a Transformers....they seem pretty big...do they disrupt sound? Getting my transformers next week and looking to pimp it up a bit.

#599 10 years ago

I have the transformers-- they looks FANTASTIC....totally recommended.

#600 10 years ago

I want to get the speaker light kit for Tommy and as I'm from the UK I'll buy from the pinballcenter, but I'm not sure which one to buy from their website.

Can anybody steer me toward the correct kit??

There are 621 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballtopperscom-new-product-light-kits/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.