2016-04-12 12.10.21 (resized).jpg
IMG_1778 (resized).JPG
IMG_1769 (resized).JPG
IMG_1696 (resized).JPG
71ff31dfdcf2c7bc2ee50e62e3d101e6_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ff6735.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 7 years ago

Make that 25, I'm in!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Thanks for the kind words I've been getting in emails... I did have a few folks asking about the background and instead of digging though all the old links, here's my story... I donated the first two out of my pocket... Initially just used profits from games I sold to buy the games basically took me a year to buy each of the first two. I have a 22 year old disabled son and it was personal to me. My son has a form of cerebral palsy. He's been in and out of hospitals since birth, many surgeries, tough times. When I used to go there I always thought - damn, how cool would it be to have arcade or pinball games here for them to pass the time. They have day rooms / play rooms with video games / arts and crafts / puzzles / books, etc... So I always had the idea in my head - like for 20 years. I've been a customer and friend of Jack's for 15 years, when he started JJP after a bit since we talked like weekly or so around that time I inquired about getting involved on the business side... I had just gotten divorced a few years prior, I kept my kids - so I had been a single dad managing a household and my other business for a few years which was hell on me - turned my life upside down. I had to step away a bit from the hobby, so when I got my shit together and adjusted to my new life, getting involved with Jack seemed like a great thing to do to invigorate my pinball passion again. So... with the theme of the WOZ I remembered the idea I had years ago and I put it into motion. It was one of those things I now had the opportunity as a distributor to do what I had always thought about. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do it - I didn't know how early on, but I couldn't shake the idea. Jack discounted a good number of early games designated for the hospitals for me and away I went. I put a few hundred aside from each sale early on to fund the first two, as I said one in 2012, one in 2013... Then I started doing the raffles. The raffles enabled me to get more donations done quicker. I used to run tournaments at shows, Allentown, York, PAPA, Expo and raise a few hundred each time.
As a side note... I even got started in the pinball hobby because of my son. He couldn't stand for years, had surgeries to cut his muscles so they stretched etc... Then one of his physical therapists suggested we get something he can stand at for long periods of time forcing him to stretch his muscles out - maybe an arcade machine or pinball machine... That xmas I bought 3 pinball machines for him. The rest is history. My other son became my pinball buddy and I traveled the country to shows with him since he was like 6/7 - tournaments, Chicago, San Francisco, etc... it was our time together while he grew up. The hobby started because of my son, and this charity stuff is my personal thank you to the hobby for giving me something I love and something I've done with my kids since they were 5 years old. Like a lot of folks, there's a story behind our drive for what we do. : )

^^^^^^^This is really a GREAT story. Thanks so much for all you do and making the hobby what it is. It's great to see the result of a "game" bringing you and your son even closer.

2 months later
#114 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Truth be told every single winner we've had I think has bought 2 tickets... He's not wrong. Being Jimmy obviously helps too... It's crazy he's probably got nearly $ 15,000 of value in 3 games he paid what $ 400 for ? CRAZY

Ok ok. I'm in for another. Sorry I won't be able to meet you again this year Joe at white rose show.

#167 7 years ago

Congrats to the winners and the kids who will have as much fun as we do with these games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ff6735.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-pintastic-amh-and-rob-zombie-raffle-now-live?tu=ff6735 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.