Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1820 (resized).JPG
IMG_1817 (resized).JPG
IMG_1814 (resized).JPG
IMG_1811 (resized).JPG
IMG_1808 (resized).JPG
IMG_1807 (resized).JPG
2016-04-12 11.07.01-2 (resized).jpg
2016-04-12 11.15.35 (resized).jpg
2016-04-12 12.10.21 (resized).jpg
IMG_1778 (resized).JPG
IMG_1769 (resized).JPG
IMG_1696 (resized).JPG
71ff31dfdcf2c7bc2ee50e62e3d101e6_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 3 years ago

PinballSTAR's AMH / Rob Zombie CHARITY RAFFLE IS NOW OPEN !!!!!

We had such a great response to the AMH raffles we are doing it again.

We have donated 4 NIB Wizard of Oz's so far : one to St. Christopher's Children's Hospital in Philadephia in Dec 2013 and one to the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in August 2014 and one to Project Pinball who donated it to UNC Children's Hospital in March 2016 and one to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2016... As a result of this raffle we will donate #5 to Project Pinball once again who will donate it to one of their hospitals already awaiting a game ! That will be 3 games donated in just a few months this year already ! And we will have more donations coming as a result as well ! These raffles directly result in pinball machines being bought and donated for the kids ! Our raffles provide immediate results for all involved as they typically sell out in short period of time, winners get the games we raffle off quickly, and result in games getting into these hospitals quickly ! We don't do these too often and we raffle rare games you can't get otherwise.

Raffle details PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SO THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDING HOW WE ARE DOING THIS ONE :
1. We are selling 125 tickets at $ 200 each. Typically on our AMH raffles it's 125 tickets for $ 100 each so we just doubled it since we are giving away two games. The majority of folks in our raffles buy multiple entries anyway and we sought out suggestions and feedback on how to do this one from many of our regular entrants, and this was by far the most preferred option. We figured it would be a fun way to do this one vs two separate raffles. Everyone that enters also gets TWO chances to win a game.
2. We are raffling off THE AMH game that was at Pintastic. We are raffling off a future spot for a RZ STANDARD. We do not yet know the spot number, but we suspect it will be in the 100's and most likely will be delivered by the end of the year. Again, the RZ winner will get a NIB RZ standard at a later date.
3. Winners will be responsible to pay for shipping of the game to them. The AMH can be picked up in PA or shipped. The RZ can be picked up or will ship from Spooky Pinball in WI. Please factor this cost in as you buy your entries. Anyone in the world is eligible to enter - you don't have to reside in the USA. BUT you are responsible for shipping costs and all arrangements in getting the game to you from pickup to delivery.
4. We will draw the winners as follows : FIRST the winner of the Rob Zombie Standard will be drawn. That entry will be discarded and then the AMH winner will be drawn SECOND. So RZ will be drawn out of 125 entries, AMH will be drawn out of 124 entries. Two chances to win. You can buy as many entries as you'd like, there is no limit. AND if someone does buy multiple entries it is possible the same person can win BOTH games with multiple entries. Please understand how the winners are drawn for this raffle BEFORE you enter !
5. To enter just paypal AS A GIFT TO FAMILY / FRIENDS (so no fees or entry will not be valid) to Joe@PinballSTAR.com. Your paypal receipt is your receipt for the raffle, you will not get a separate confirmation - when you get your Paypal confirmation email - rest assured, you are in ! The raffle is NOW open as soon as this notice is posted. We expect this one to be very popular given the Rob Zombie inclusion.
6. The raffle will continue until all 125 entries are sold.

All proceeds over cost of the games given away go to the PinballSTAR Children's Hospital Charity. Charlie from Spooky and I came up with this as a great way to let some of these rare games go towards a good cause. AMH is SOLD OUT - only 150 have been made / RZ is SOLD OUT - only 300 will be made ! Both sure to be valuable collector items.

READ ABOUT A FEW OF THE PRIOR RAFFLES, THE WINNERS, THE GAME DONATIONS, SEE PICTURES...
Pinball News story about our first donation :
http://www.pinballnews.com/news/wozdonation.html
Facebook post from Project Pinball today about our WOZ donation to them :
https://www.facebook.com/ProjectPinball/posts/715650855206999
PinballSTAR Allentown Pinfest '15 booth post - with Raffle comments as well :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-americas-most-haunted-charity-raffle
PinballSTAR ReplayFX '15 Raffle post :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-americas-most-haunted-charity-raffle-2-now-open
Facebook post from Project Pinball today about our WOZ donation to them and TV story about the donation of the game to UNC Children's Hospital in NC :
https://www.facebook.com/ProjectPinball/posts/715650855206999
http://wncn.com/2016/04/12/pinball-machine-donated-to-unc-childrens-hospital/
PinballSTAR York Whiterose Gameroom Show '15 Raffle post :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-amh-charity-raffle-now-open
PinballSTAR Allentown Pinfest '16 Raffle post with comments and pictures :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-newamh-charity-raffle-allentown-pinfest-16
Our donation in June '16 to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invite-pinballstar-woz-donation-to-chop-philly-fri-610

PinballSTAR is a distributor for the following companies :. Please keep us in mind for your game purchases:
Jersey Jack Pinball - Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, Pat Lawlor's JJP #3 (Announcing in Fall)
Spooky Pinball - America's Most Haunted, Rob Zombie Spookshow International (Sold out)
Planetary Pinball - Medieval Madness Remake, Remake #2 (Announcing soon)
Chicago Gaming - Arcade Legends (130 games) and Ms Pac Man / Galaga video games
VP Cabs - Virtual Pinball Machines - Wizard / Mini / Vertigo (pinball and video games) (As seen on Shark Tank on ABC)
* Email me for your best pricing on any of these titles. Many of the above are in stock !
OR see us in a few weeks at the ReplayFX show in Pittsburgh on July 28 - 31 : http://replayfx.org/

Many thanks for everyone's support and kind words when we do these raffles and donations ! Who knows, maybe if this one goes well we may continue to do multiple game raffles !!!

GOOD LUCK !
Win an AMH or a RZ for $ 200 !!! Send $ 200 via paypal AS A GIFT TO FAMILY / FRIENDS (so no fees or entry will not be valid) to Joe@PinballSTAR.com...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/PinballSTAR-Amusements-281515171950637/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
570-357-0042

#3 3 years ago

In before the sell out

#4 3 years ago

In x 2. Good luck all! It's a good cause!

#5 3 years ago

Curious, do the hospitals get all $25K (200x$125 entries), or does pinballstar keep some of that to cover the cost of the games? Reason for asking: "All proceeds over cost of the games given away go to the PinballSTAR Children's Hospital Charity." If this is true, can you tell us what the cost of the games is calculated to be so we know what percentage the hostpitals get?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Curious, do the hospitals get all $25K (200x$125 entries), or does pinballstar keep some of that to cover the cost of the games? Reason for asking: "All proceeds over cost of the games given away go to the PinballSTAR Children's Hospital Charity." If this is true, can you tell us what the cost of the games is calculated to be so we know what percentage the hostpitals get?

The game pricing is pretty well known.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I believe the raffle tickets cover the costs of the prizes and the balance goes toward buying NIB games to give to the hospitals.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

The game pricing is pretty well known.

You are assuming Spooky is not giving a discount to the charity or charging it "at cost". So the request to know how much of the $200 is actually going to the machines versus the hospitals is fair.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

If we sell out by the end of the Pintastic show, the winners will be drawn LIVE at the Pintastic show at the Project Pinball booth at a time to be determined on the last day of the show.

I earmarked 6:45 PM on Saturday, July 9th for this on the Pintastic schedule. If that changes, we can let you know in this thread.
.................David Marston

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Quoted from DylanFan71:

I believe the raffle tickets cover the costs of the prizes and the balance goes toward buying NIB games to give to the hospitals.

Yes exactly as answered by Dylan... The raffle $ pays for the games we are raffling and as stated proceeds over the cost of the games goes to the charity fund where we buy the games to donate. Before this raffle even started we offered to donate another WOZ game to Project Pinball and there will be others as a result as we get more hospitals lined up. We just did a donation in June so we don't have another hospital lined up just yet (there is a lot of red tape involved) hence our offer to give one immediately to Project Pinball who has a hospital in waiting at this time. There is also maintenance / service that we provide as well FYI - some of these we have volunteers, others we pay for regular interval service as these games do get a lot of use. This is essentially how all these work whoever is running them... Project Pinball, Pinball EDU, etc... Feel free to contact me if you would like any further explanation, Metallik, happy to discuss.

This came out of Gabe wanting AMH and RZ at the Pintastic show but it's too far for Spooky to go and let's face it games are sold out no reason for them to go to shows right now. For me JJP is my lead company and there's a distributor there, so again, as much as I wanted to help Gabe and provide these games to the attendees to see and play and help spread the word of Spooky, again, I'm not going to a show 7 hours away where I'm not going to be selling anything. So this was a way to justify it - we got free transport for the games from VP Cabs, Pintastic gets the Spooky games there, we donate another WOZ to Project Pinball, everyone wins. I will also mention thanks to the Southern RI Pinball Club for hosting RZ in their booth. It's not an appropriate title to keep in Project Pinball's booth given the theme so Gabe arranged for the two games to be next to each other in their adjoining booths ! A lot of cool folks put this together in a few days.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

You are assuming Spooky is not giving a discount to the charity or charging it "at cost". So the request to know how much of the $200 is actually going to the machines versus the hospitals is fair.

Give me a sec - I'll do the math... I can't post companies JJP or Spooky's distributor costs publically but I'll do the math quick.. give me a sec... Happy to oblige...

#12 3 years ago

FYI - the AMH's we still have to raffle are ones I bought aftermarket to have to raffle, so they are not 'costed' at any distributor cost, the RZ yes...

Ironically in the case of this auction exactly 50% of the proceeds go to the game prizes RZ and AMH and 50% go to the charity fund for game purchases... So from $ 12,500 subtract out the WOZ given immediately and there is roughly about another 1/2 WOZ plus paid for left over for us to work with on next one.

Hope this helps / satisfies...

#13 3 years ago

Awesome work Joe!! I'll be donating again for sure!!(I never seem to win these things)

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

There is also maintenance / service that we provide as well FYI - some of these we have volunteers, others we pay for regular interval service as these games do get a lot of use. This is essentially how all these work whoever is running them... Project Pinball, Pinball EDU, etc... Feel free to contact me if you would like any further explanation, Metallik, happy to discuss.

No, that explains it fine. I'd thought you were donating the two games to the raffle, but you're donating services for the games bought by the proceeds instead. Gotta keep 'em running...

#15 3 years ago

I'm in as i have been in all the raffles

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, that explains it fine. I'd thought you were donating the two games to the raffle, but you're donating services for the games bought by the proceeds instead. Gotta keep 'em running...

The first one or two I did out of pocket for personal reasons as I have a disabled son and I donated first to his hospital in Philly he spent time at. That was when WOZ cost less and JJP gave me a nice discount on top as well. Hard to keep being able to do that these are $ 8,500 WOZs not $ 4,500 Stern Pros, but the theme is perfect. Then the last 3 or 4 have been via raffles. I have some volunteers in the various cities that service the games but recently I've decided regular maintenance on a schedule is best so we fund that as well. Not a huge expense though, but worth it as the games get a lot of play. : )

#17 3 years ago

9 sold so far... I'll try to update this every day or more if activity warrants it.

#18 3 years ago

10 sold... Going to do an email push to prior raffle entrants over next few days, that should get good number in... If not sold out they will also be for sale at Project Pinball booth at Pintastic AND for those of you going to Spooky's Open House next weekend Charlie will also be helping there ! Let's give some games away ! : )

#19 3 years ago

Hey Joe,

If you ever need someone to tech a game that you get going in Madison, then let me know. Madison Pinball would be happy to keep a game clean and running.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey Joe,
If you ever need someone to tech a game that you get going in Madison, then let me know. Madison Pinball would be happy to keep a game clean and running.

Hilton... Thanks bud... I've actually had some discussions in the past with both Eric and Chris (Kingpin) about a hospital they have a connection to in WI so one day we might get one up that way... I appreciate the offer. Volunteers are key, I try not to ask the volunteer to so the regular maintenance stuff on top of all else or when I get a few in one city like I now have in Philadelphia I tend to just want them looked over regularly. Like on a route, these get played a lot.

#21 3 years ago

Morning bump !
You know you want an AMH and RZ !
: )

18_(resized).jpg

10_(resized).jpg

americas-most-haunted-new-cabinet-art-267x300_(resized).jpg

38b81215980b4cda94ccebec02b6c5dfb337a245_(resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

Forgot to mention this game is HUO and has the LED kit from Spooky installed ! BONUS !

#25 3 years ago

Let's go guy we want to sell this thing out before Pintastic. I feel special I get to pull the winner!

#26 3 years ago

We are at 15... Slow go but when I send the email out to past participants we'll get moving !

#27 3 years ago

Two machines for raffle, I'm in for two tickets!

#28 3 years ago

Bump for a great cause!

#29 3 years ago

Woooo Hoooo... 7 sold today so far - 5 to one person who really wants an AMH or RZ ! We are up to 22 !

#30 3 years ago

I can't wait to pull the winner bump. Please don't try to bribe me

#32 3 years ago

4th of July Bump

#33 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words I've been getting in emails... I did have a few folks asking about the background and instead of digging though all the old links, here's my story... I donated the first two out of my pocket... Initially just used profits from games I sold to buy the games basically took me a year to buy each of the first two. I have a 22 year old disabled son and it was personal to me. My son has a form of cerebral palsy. He's been in and out of hospitals since birth, many surgeries, tough times. When I used to go there I always thought - damn, how cool would it be to have arcade or pinball games here for them to pass the time. They have day rooms / play rooms with video games / arts and crafts / puzzles / books, etc... So I always had the idea in my head - like for 20 years. I've been a customer and friend of Jack's for 15 years, when he started JJP after a bit since we talked like weekly or so around that time I inquired about getting involved on the business side... I had just gotten divorced a few years prior, I kept my kids - so I had been a single dad managing a household and my other business for a few years which was hell on me - turned my life upside down. I had to step away a bit from the hobby, so when I got my shit together and adjusted to my new life, getting involved with Jack seemed like a great thing to do to invigorate my pinball passion again. So... with the theme of the WOZ I remembered the idea I had years ago and I put it into motion. It was one of those things I now had the opportunity as a distributor to do what I had always thought about. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do it - I didn't know how early on, but I couldn't shake the idea. Jack discounted a good number of early games designated for the hospitals for me and away I went. I put a few hundred aside from each sale early on to fund the first two, as I said one in 2012, one in 2013... Then I started doing the raffles. The raffles enabled me to get more donations done quicker. I used to run tournaments at shows, Allentown, York, PAPA, Expo and raise a few hundred each time.

As a side note... I even got started in the pinball hobby because of my son. He couldn't stand for years, had surgeries to cut his muscles so they stretched etc... Then one of his physical therapists suggested we get something he can stand at for long periods of time forcing him to stretch his muscles out - maybe an arcade machine or pinball machine... That xmas I bought 3 pinball machines for him. The rest is history. My other son became my pinball buddy and I traveled the country to shows with him since he was like 6/7 - tournaments, Chicago, San Francisco, etc... it was our time together while he grew up. The hobby started because of my son, and this charity stuff is my personal thank you to the hobby for giving me something I love and something I've done with my kids since they were 5 years old. Like a lot of folks, there's a story behind our drive for what we do. : )

#35 3 years ago

Make that 25, I'm in!

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Thanks for the kind words I've been getting in emails... I did have a few folks asking about the background and instead of digging though all the old links, here's my story... I donated the first two out of my pocket... Initially just used profits from games I sold to buy the games basically took me a year to buy each of the first two. I have a 22 year old disabled son and it was personal to me. My son has a form of cerebral palsy. He's been in and out of hospitals since birth, many surgeries, tough times. When I used to go there I always thought - damn, how cool would it be to have arcade or pinball games here for them to pass the time. They have day rooms / play rooms with video games / arts and crafts / puzzles / books, etc... So I always had the idea in my head - like for 20 years. I've been a customer and friend of Jack's for 15 years, when he started JJP after a bit since we talked like weekly or so around that time I inquired about getting involved on the business side... I had just gotten divorced a few years prior, I kept my kids - so I had been a single dad managing a household and my other business for a few years which was hell on me - turned my life upside down. I had to step away a bit from the hobby, so when I got my shit together and adjusted to my new life, getting involved with Jack seemed like a great thing to do to invigorate my pinball passion again. So... with the theme of the WOZ I remembered the idea I had years ago and I put it into motion. It was one of those things I now had the opportunity as a distributor to do what I had always thought about. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do it - I didn't know how early on, but I couldn't shake the idea. Jack discounted a good number of early games designated for the hospitals for me and away I went. I put a few hundred aside from each sale early on to fund the first two, as I said one in 2012, one in 2013... Then I started doing the raffles. The raffles enabled me to get more donations done quicker. I used to run tournaments at shows, Allentown, York, PAPA, Expo and raise a few hundred each time.
As a side note... I even got started in the pinball hobby because of my son. He couldn't stand for years, had surgeries to cut his muscles so they stretched etc... Then one of his physical therapists suggested we get something he can stand at for long periods of time forcing him to stretch his muscles out - maybe an arcade machine or pinball machine... That xmas I bought 3 pinball machines for him. The rest is history. My other son became my pinball buddy and I traveled the country to shows with him since he was like 6/7 - tournaments, Chicago, San Francisco, etc... it was our time together while he grew up. The hobby started because of my son, and this charity stuff is my personal thank you to the hobby for giving me something I love and something I've done with my kids since they were 5 years old. Like a lot of folks, there's a story behind our drive for what we do. : )

^^^^^^^This is really a GREAT story. Thanks so much for all you do and making the hobby what it is. It's great to see the result of a "game" bringing you and your son even closer.

#38 3 years ago

As someone who spent too much time in hospitals as a youth, and having a quadriplegic family member. I am applaud you and thank you for keeping the dream alive, pinball often keeps me from loosing my mind.

#40 3 years ago

Awesome and hump day bump

#41 3 years ago

Good luck. Hoping to get one entry in by the end of the week.

#42 3 years ago

I'm in! Thanks Joe, keep up the great work!!

#43 3 years ago

34... Let's go Pinside... it's day of show at Pintastic ! Let's see if we can get them to draw this at the show Sat night...

#44 3 years ago

Up to 37 for sure with sales now coming in from the Project Pinball booth at Pintastic !

#45 3 years ago

BUMP

lets sell it out

#47 3 years ago

Is there a set time for the drawing during Pintastic? If all tickets aren't sold at that time does the raffle get postponed for another event?

#48 3 years ago

The drawing will be held when we are sold out as happens with all raffles. The last one we did around the time of Allentown sold out a week after the show and we drew then. We just try to time them around the times of shows as it's fun to do the drawing live, sometimes they sell out sometimes not. We have the ReplayFX show coming up in a few weeks - if we sell out before then we'll draw it immediately, if we sell out at the show then we will draw at that show. The whole Pintastic connection was the fact we were sending our games to the show for the attendees to play so we decided to start the raffle I had planned for ReplayFX at Pintastic.

#49 3 years ago

in for 3!! cant wait. good luck to all!

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

in for 3!! cant wait. good luck to all!

Thanks as always Troy ! Good luck bud !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside