(Topic ID: 140831)

PinballSTAR's AMH Charity RAFFLE now open !

By PinballSTAR

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
bth_Bump.gif
moonshine.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
spooky.jpg
image_6.jpeg
image_5.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 8 years ago

Sad to hear that the folks at the show didn't do better for you. It is kind of funny because I moved to York area about 20 years ago and one of the first things one of my neighbors told me is people in York area are "cheap". And I noticed over the years that I had lived in that area he was right. Everyone was nice but if you wanted to get a dollar out of someones pocket you better be willing to work for it.

I think the difference with Allentown is it is closer to Phila & New York so people come into the Allentown area and everything seems cheaper to them then what the are use to further east. York on the other hand gets more of the rural Central PA crowd and they are a little more conservative with their cash.

Just my observations being from NJ originally and being a "transplant" to Central PA about 25 years ago.

#70 8 years ago

Joe,

So Glad to hear things picked up at York for you. I love both shows and hated the idea of Allentown beating York out but knowing that area I wasn't surprised local sales were a little slow.

GREAT JOB!

#78 8 years ago

Great job to both your & Brad. You for taking the time and energy to do this several times and Brad for offering the service that more than likely helped you sell more chances so drawing could happen at York.

Personally I love seeing this kind of stuff happen and hope you will consider doing it again in the Spring at Allentown. It is always nice to do something for sick kids.

We experienced first hand how much the little things make a HUGE difference when our youngest son was hospitalized for 3 weeks and in a Rehab Hospital for over 3 months when he was 7 years old. Just something simple like a visit from someone unexpected or a TV with cheap game system hooked to it really made a huge difference in the outlook of some of these extremely ill kids. So something like an arcade machine - or even better WOZ pinball machine is HUGE.

Thanks again for doing this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-amh-charity-raffle-now-open?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.