Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Debt.jpg
xu132-3c8ea9e5-a011-49ff-ab9c-49dace8b89c5-v2.gif
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

PINBALL MACHINE PURCHASE - FINANCING NOW AVAILABLE !

Do you want a Wizard of Oz, Hobbit, Medieval Madness Remake or any other game we sell NOW but want to pay for it LATER ? Well, of course you DO !

Short on cash ?
Need to sell another game before you can buy your next NIB game ?
Does your wife forbit the use of your rainy day fund for a new pinball machine you know you NEED ?
Do you want to buy one or multiple games right now but prefer to pay for them over time ?
Do you usually use a credit card at a high rate to buy a game and also not want to burn up your available balances using them ?

Well now you can do it ! PinballSTAR Amusements has partnered Paramount Financial Services to offer PINBALL MACHINE PURCHASE FINANCING !

Takes a few minutes for the application - the competitive interest rate is based on your credit score and you can choose to pay off the game in 1 to 5 years with VERY low monthy payments.

Contact us at [email protected] for your DISCOUNTED PRICING on the Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, or Medieval Madness Remake and for a credit application !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

xu132-3c8ea9e5-a011-49ff-ab9c-49dace8b89c5-v2.gifxu132-3c8ea9e5-a011-49ff-ab9c-49dace8b89c5-v2.gif

#2 8 years ago

What is the interest rate?

#3 8 years ago

Retracted.

#4 8 years ago
#6 8 years ago
#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

What is the interest rate?

Based on your credit score - surely will be much less than many credit card rates. We've done a lot of credit card purchases lately and this will be a better option for sure !

#8 8 years ago

Okay...a public apology to Joe, who's a good guy and he's the guy I get my JJP stuff from. I was just joking around and I'm sorry.

Now I feel like a royal dick.

#9 8 years ago

I think if you give a range of the rates people may be more interested. Without knowing no one is going to submit an application to find out what the interest rate would be. What makes this any different than a personal loan from your bank.

For example:

600-650 = ?
650-700 = ?
700-750 = ?
750-800 = ?
800-850 = ?

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...a public apology to Joe, who's a good guy and he's the guy I get my JJP stuff from. I was just joking around and I'm sorry.

.. at least you feel "royal"

#10 8 years ago

I was actually thinking this is a dangerous thing for me because it'll just give me more of an excuse to get another machine.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually didn't see it as a knock to Joe, but JJP. Joe's awesome, I was really glad I got to meet him earlier this year.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I think if you give a range of the rates people may be more interested. Without knowing no one is going to submit an application to find out what the interest rate would be. What makes this any different than a personal loan from your bank.
For example:
600-650 = ?
650-700 = ?
700-750 = ?
750-800 = ?
800-850 = ?

Again, per the initial post - it is based on a quick credit score 'underwriting' and it's not done by PinballSTAR - we have no horse in the race on the financing side - we do not take or see your application, we are not financing it, we are not underwriting it, we are not approving terms, we do not see your credit score, we make NO money on you financing it, ZERO.

It's just a service to help pay for games for those that choose that route. We have many use credit cards and I know they can be getting creamed on rates, hopefully this is a better option for those folks. We have many that want to buy two games - maybe a Hobbit and MMR and can't do it. We have many that have to wait to sell some games to get another and this is a way to order and receive the game or get in line early on a pre-order knowing the rest of the money will be coming soon after a sale. It's just more options...

And, yes not the most desirable way to buy pinball machine - preferably buy what you can afford. If you are going to use a credit card this might be a better option on rate, and doesn't burn your credit card limits up.

Hey Beezle - don't you have white socks to pull up to your ass ? LOL

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hey Beezle - don't you have white socks to pull up to your ass ? LOL

Now I'm gonna have to buy an MMR to say I'm sorry. And I'm gonna be financed up the ying yang.

I'm going to miss my wife...

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Oh you're funny, but I'm not... : )

I'm really devastated over here...and waiting on Skyemont.

#16 8 years ago

But at least my complete emotional collapse is keeping your thread bumped...

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now I'm gonna have to buy an MMR to say I'm sorry. And I'm gonna be financed up the ying yang.
I'm going to miss my wife...

Hey!!! Lets get back on topic! @!#!#@! why cant we talk about Financing!! Stop bragging about your wife beelzeboob

*The above is an inside joke from a different thread.

#18 8 years ago

Another side not necessarily seen on Pinside - We've also had a lot of operators NOT buy games to put on route because they can't afford them... They run a business and need to turn that profit corner and let's face it it's hard at the prices games are now at. Those that do find WOZ is out-earning everything they have and wish they did it sooner, so that's good. Financing is another vehicle to get operators to buy games as well and put them in places you play. Brings more people into hobby - to buy our used stuff, to attend and support shows, and who knows maybe one these newbies will have the comedic chops of Beezleboob come onto Pinside and entertain us all !

#19 8 years ago

So what ends up on layaway. these yet to be made games or our yet to be printed money?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Another side not necessarily seen on Pinside - We've also had a lot of operators NOT buy games to put on route because they can't afford them... They run a business and need to turn that profit corner and let's face it it's hard at the prices games are now at. Those that do find WOZ is out-earning everything they have and wish they did it sooner, so that's good. Financing is another vehicle to get operators to buy games as well and put them in places you play. Brings more people into hobby - to buy our used stuff, to attend and support shows, and who knows maybe one these newbies will have the comedic chops of Beezleboob come onto Pinside and entertain us all !

I'll let you wedgie me or give me a swirlie at TPF and we'll be good, right?

#21 8 years ago

I have NO idea what a swirlie is - Don't tell me either I'm good... The wedgie has me near you underwear so anything beyond that I'm out.

#22 8 years ago

Many thanks to Jean-Luc, Coyote, and Skyemont. I owe all three of you a beer at a future show...

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I have NO idea what a swirlie is - Don't tell me either I'm good... The wedgie has me near you underwear so anything beyond that I'm out.

Head in toilet. Flush. Obviously you didn't take all the shit that I did growing up...

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Head in toilet. Flush. Obviously you didn't take all the shit that I did growing up...

I didn't have white socks up to my ass and wear an around the head retainer either... so there's why... Love ya, brother, now go kiss that pretty blonde wife of yours for being with you... lol

#25 8 years ago

So how much would I have to put down and how many months to pay off the balance to get a Hobbit and MMr by Christmas?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So how much would I have to put down and how many months to pay off the balance to get a Hobbit and MMr by Christmas?

Now THERE'S a good question. $1000 down and finance the other, what, $15,000?*

*Of course it would be a two-fer. Hobbit and MMR. I'd have to live under them after the divorce.

#27 8 years ago

The better question is would the machine(s) be delivered before the balance and interest are paid off?

#28 8 years ago

Yes games delivered upon financing, if in stock vs pre-order. You can add in to the financed amount the game, add ins (rad cal decals, PF protector, etc) and shipping too... You get info on down payment (if any) and interest rate after you apply. You pick the term 1 to 5 years. Bottom line, it's all designed to make it easy, quick, and get you the game !

#29 8 years ago

What's with the website? Way out of date (still shows shipment of Hobbit on 7/15/14) and can't click on anything.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Yes games delivered upon financing, if in stock vs pre-order. You pick the term 1 to 5 years.

Quoted from adalogue:

shows shipment of Hobbit on 7/15/14

This guy is a magician!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Yes games delivered upon financing, if in stock vs pre-order. You can add in to the financed amount the game, add ins (rad cal decals, PF protector, etc) and shipping too... You get info on down payment (if any) and interest rate after you apply. You pick the term 1 to 5 years. Bottom line, it's all designed to make it easy, quick, and get you the game !

Just wanted say this Joe is awesome guy buy with confidence.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from adalogue:

What's with the website? Way out of date (still shows shipment of Hobbit on 7/15/14) and can't click on anything.

We utilize Facebook - Much more powerful / interactive than website... It got started then never finished for a number of reasons - use FB much more anyway..

https://www.facebook.com/PinballSTAR-Amusements-281515171950637/

#33 8 years ago

I've been wondering when a distributor would offer this option and partner with a lender. This will generate a lot of sales for people that don't like cutting that one big check.

I think it is great and will let a lot of people buy games whose spouses were otherwise blocking them.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it is great and will let a lot of people buy games whose spouses were otherwise blocking them.

I'm not married but how will borrowing money with payments and interest due to buy a pinball machine unblock a spouses money wise decision?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not married but how will borrowing money with interest unblock a spouses money wise decision?

Well, I'm not going to debate the underlying merits of credit and buying on same, that has been done for decades and isn't going anywhere - it's a fact of life that permeates through many industries.

I guess my view is I have had some buddies over the years want to buy high end watches. No way their wives were letting them do it if they had to raid the bank account or put it on a credit card at 17%.

A couple of them just financed it and their wives then had no problem with the small monthly payment and the watches are on the wrists of my buddies to this day (at least one of them anyway).

It is easier for many to stomach $200 a month for a few years than to pay $6,500 for a NIB machine. Now that this distro has a lender expressly tied to him financing will be easy.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not married but how will borrowing money with payments and interest due to buy a pinball machine unblock a spouses money wise decision?

Because cash is king. Easier for many families to pay, or justify, $100-$200/mo vs cutting a $5000-$8000 check.

#37 8 years ago

God if only it could be < $200 a month...

#38 8 years ago

Stretch it over 4-5 years and it will be

#39 8 years ago

I have my doubts

#40 8 years ago

It's just another option - thanks Joe!

#41 8 years ago

I think it's cool of him to partner with someone to offer another method of payment.

Joe is just offering more ways for people to get pins, it ain't his job to be the budgeting police and decide if people *should* finance or not.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think it's cool of him to partner with someone to offer another method of payment.
Joe is just offering more ways for people to get pins, it ain't his job to be the budgeting police and decide if people *should* finance or not.

Agreed, finance terms are offered on all kinds of entertainment items from televisions, laptops, stereo systems, pool tables, hot tubs, and so on. Based on my experiences with retail, I would say the average person has to finance an item over $5000 at least short term. Especially under age 35

Not all people manage money the same way, many people manage debt (not money). None the less, people's financial decisions are private.

#43 8 years ago

This is a terrific business decision.

I hope you do well with it.

#44 8 years ago

That's what I always thought. If I aint got it, I don't buy it.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

finance terms are offered on all kinds of entertainment items from televisions, laptops, stereo systems, pool tables, hot tubs, and so on.

Yeah, and just try getting most of your money back if you ever decide to sell any of those!

(That works for the lender, too, if they have to repossess a pin it'll be worth a much higher percentage of the outstanding balance than a tv or hot tub would be. This fact may translate to being able to offer better rates.)

#46 8 years ago

Just another job for the repo man.

#47 8 years ago

Just to be transparent - this all was done initially by JJP as a way to continue to get pinball out into the wild with operators - they NEED this, especially when it's hard to justify pinball on location with service vs video games, lack of techs to work on them, and the fact they (until Pindemption) didn't fit into the biggest part of the operator market of today - redemption. I have had SO MANY operators want to buy a WOZ but couldn't justify the cost - maybe this will bring them to the table and get more games into the wild - for new players, kids, and for collectors to go try things out. Personally, I'm primarily doing it for the individual collectors as I think it's a good thing to have available for those who want it.

I do not condone in any capacity people buying something beyond their means. This ISN'T for THAT... But look at my earlier posts - there are people who need to sell other games to buy or get in line - bam, this solves that problem, no need to fire sale another game in a rush to get what you want sooner that you're going to get anyway. Maybe some prefer just paying over time and don't mind some interest for that benefit. Others buy from me use credit cards and a few mentioned their rate and I'm like 'OUCH, WHY?'. Just at York in October - every NIB game I sold was put on a credit card, every one - first time and I took note of it.

As TigerLaw stated - it's true - credit is now part of our fabric like it or not. My father would always preach - don't buy a car until you have the money in hand. I would laugh at that and tell him he's out of touch. Same thing except the goal lines are now moved to smaller amounts. We all put stuff on credit cards, and like that flexibility to pay it off over time if need be. I'm not the one to debate the detriment of credit on society - that ship has sailed, lol... That said the smart thing is if you can't afford a high end NIB game, don't buy it. Buy a used game, buy a Stern pro, it's all pinball.

It's options, that's all. I get asked ALL THE TIME. Just recently on our Facebook page from strangers over and over - go look. So yes, I jumped to get lined up to do this for my customers and potential customers if that's what they want. I have nothing to do with it other than making the referral - no financial benefit to me, I don't see your credit score (nor do I want to), etc... It's just a service from a distributor trying to have something extra.

#48 8 years ago

If it's The Hobbit better make it 60 month terms.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Just to be transparent - this all was done initially by JJP as a way to continue to get pinball out into the wild with operators - they NEED this, especially when it's hard to justify pinball on location with service vs video games, lack of techs to work on them, and the fact they (until Pindemption) didn't fit into the biggest part of the operator market of today - redemption. I have had SO MANY operators want to buy a WOZ but couldn't justify the cost - maybe this will bring them to the table and get more games into the wild - for new players, kids, and for collectors to go try things out. Personally, I'm primarily doing it for the individual collectors as I think it's a good thing to have available for those who want it.
I do not condone in any capacity people buying something beyond their means. This ISN'T for THAT... But look at my earlier posts - there are people who need to sell other games to buy or get in line - bam, this solves that problem, no need to fire sale another game in a rush to get what you want sooner that you're going to get anyway. Maybe some prefer just paying over time and don't mind some interest for that benefit. Others buy from me use credit cards and a few mentioned their rate and I'm like 'OUCH, WHY?'. Just at York in October - every NIB game I sold was put on a credit card, every one - first time and I took note of it.
As TigerLaw stated - it's true - credit is now part of our fabric like it or not. My father would always preach - don't buy a car until you have the money in hand. I would laugh at that and tell him he's out of touch. Same thing except the goal lines are now moved to smaller amounts. We all put stuff on credit cards, and like that flexibility to pay it off over time if need be. I'm not the one to debate the detriment of credit on society - that ship has sailed, lol... That said the smart thing is if you can't afford a high end NIB game, don't buy it. Buy a used game, buy a Stern pro, it's all pinball.
It's options, that's all. I get asked ALL THE TIME. Just recently on our Facebook page from strangers over and over - go look. So yes, I jumped to get lined up to do this for my customers and potential customers if that's what they want. I have nothing to do with it other than making the referral - no financial benefit to me, I don't see your credit score (nor do I want to), etc... It's just a service from a distributor trying to have something extra.

Good advice, and good business decision, honestly.

In my case, where I HAVE the funds - *technically* - but mentally can't use it (as the wife would be all over my ass - and not in a good way), I would consider something like this for a game that I likely wouldn't be able to get elsewhere. Like MMr. I would, however - and this is a point for *me* specifically - want to be sure that the loan could be paid off early without penalty. For anything like like, on a smaller amount loan (even an auto loan), getting charged to pay it off early is a bad thing.

--Me.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yeah, and just try getting most of your money back if you ever decide to sell any of those!
(That works for the lender, too, if they have to repossess a pin it'll be worth a much higher percentage of the outstanding balance than a tv or hot tub would be. This fact may translate to being able to offer better rates.)

Good point. We may see a new class of resale pins. REPO HUO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-pinball-financing-now-available-for-woz-hobbit-mmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.