image-92.jpg
image.jpg
TH 8.jpg
TH 7.jpg
TH 6.jpg
TH 5.jpg
TH 4.jpg
TH 3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago

Inside the hobbit - image.jpgimage.jpg

What a special treat today was. Special thanks to Jack, Joe, and Jimmy. The Hobbit was a blast, absolutely captivating, intense and addicting. I will save the details for a bit later when I have time to make a review worthy of the game. Anyone wanting this title should be excited.

#27 9 years ago

hobbit-prototype-POV.jpghobbit-prototype-POV.jpg

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

What happened to the playfield skis we had on the WOZ?

There's a brand new hinge mechanism that allows you to lift the play field straight up without pulling it up over a hump or dealing with all the things that were always scary when lifting other play fields. It's really quite impressive. The play field on this is definitely a bit heavy but the new system supports it very well and provides added convenience and luxury, while eliminating pretty much everything anyone ever hated about lifting a play field!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Although you can't lay the playfield on a table anymore.

I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.. Although it's a heavy duty mechanism, removing the play field from it looks like it wouldn't me much different or any more involved than removing one from other games. Without question it seems to be a much more advanced hinge and support setup but it still bolts to the play field. It seems to be designed to work easier and support more weight but still provide the same basic functions with fancy upgrades.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

the really open playfield seems empty compared to WoZ.

I think this will be the most common complaint from anyone just passing by the machine who hasn't gotten behind it to take a run on it with a few balls. It really does a great job building up the intensity along the way and the open play field creates a different kind of gameplay than WOZ that's very fast paced. The open play field has trolls populating it that pop up at various points and make the game objectives more challenging to complete while also offering their own modes to the game. You can't really compare the two, they're both very well done in their own unique ways.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Anyone take photos WITHOUT a filter? There's one photo where the colors POP and look amazing, the other's all look like they have a filter that's washing everything out.

hobbit-upper-playfield-POV.jpghobbit-upper-playfield-POV.jpg

hobbit-lower-playfield-POV.jpghobbit-lower-playfield-POV.jpg

Taken with the glass on, no tripod, during the only brief moment the machine wasn't being played.

#119 9 years ago

I can't say enough about Joe, Jack or Jimmy - VIP treatment all the way, it was a great pleasure being at the event and they're definitely making awesome things happen. I apologize for not getting more pics and video myself, I was a bit apprehensive to share all the amazing things I was witnessing first hand... Had my tripod & everything. I was a bit in shock to say the least. Jack was willing to go into plenty of detail but I was afraid to just shove a camera in his face without asking first - and everything happened so quick...

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I keep getting an error - don't know if they are too big or what... Anyone mind giving me an email address and you can try ?

Hey Joe, I should definitely be able to give you a hand with the videos. I am sending my email to you via PM.

#165 9 years ago

hobbit-prototype-light-lock.jpghobbit-prototype-light-lock.jpghobbit-prototype-right-sling.jpghobbit-prototype-right-sling.jpghobbit-prototype-left-sling.jpghobbit-prototype-left-sling.jpghobbit-prototype-between-flippers-closeup.jpghobbit-prototype-between-flippers-closeup.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 25.50
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-party-report-pics-video?tu=sevenrites and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.