image-92.jpg
image.jpg
TH 8.jpg
TH 7.jpg
TH 6.jpg
TH 5.jpg
TH 4.jpg
TH 3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

We will be posting here during the day from our Hobbit party at Old Sled Works in Duncannon, PA (near Harrisburg). If you are free on this rainy day come on out ! See our other post thread for details !!! Enjoy !!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-and-mmr-release-party-sat-221

#4 9 years ago

The Hobbit Jack is bringing will have NEW code so we hope to see some new features today ! Surely it's still a work in progress but great to see its moving along towards completion ! Stay tuned !

FYI We still have available a number of Smaug Gold SE Editions we purchased before 12/31 when they went off the market. Shoot me an email for info / pricing !

Joe
[email protected]

#28 9 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg image-481.jpgimage-481.jpg image-358.jpgimage-358.jpg image-648.jpgimage-648.jpg image-477.jpgimage-477.jpg image-374.jpgimage-374.jpg image-35.jpgimage-35.jpg image-560.jpgimage-560.jpg image-434.jpgimage-434.jpg image-416.jpgimage-416.jpg image-763.jpgimage-763.jpg image-606.jpgimage-606.jpg image-266.jpgimage-266.jpg image-684.jpgimage-684.jpg image-588.jpgimage-588.jpg image-310.jpgimage-310.jpg image-173.jpgimage-173.jpg image-702.jpgimage-702.jpg image-154.jpgimage-154.jpg image-605.jpgimage-605.jpg image-862.jpgimage-862.jpg image-174.jpgimage-174.jpg image-338.jpgimage-338.jpg image-404.jpgimage-404.jpg image-859.jpgimage-859.jpg image-58.jpgimage-58.jpg image-522.jpgimage-522.jpg image-875.jpgimage-875.jpg
#73 9 years ago

Hi everyone. Bad cell reception in building and even outside at OSW made for the delay of pics and vids. I do have a few more ill post later. Driving home now as we stayed over so ty for patience. Was having a good time with everyone I took what I could when I could without disturbing people while thst were playing. I'll give my full (honest) review as well. Obviously I love the game.
Joe

#82 9 years ago

The artwork was the Rad-Cal Smaug decals, the Smaug figure was gold, the trim was the bronze LE...

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I stand by my assertion that the bronze trim still looks better. Looks like the wireforms were still gold, though, unless that was just the lighting.

Yes, Randy... The wireforms were gold I am quite sure - I forgot that one...

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Smaug was particularly impressive. First, the voice quality and callout integration were flawlessly executed (“My teeth are swords, my claws are spears!”) as you lock balls en route to a multiball while feeling faint rumblings from the shaker motor. We also played several games without hearing from Smaug at all which made us eagerly anticipate his arrival. This Smaug had teeth (looked fantastic); the production version will have yellow LED eyes. The mouth and movements were in perfect sync with the audio.

No surpise - don't forget this...
The genius innovation of programming Rudy's talking head into Funhouse = Ted Estes
Smaug = again, Ted Estes...

And how about Designer Pat Lawlor and his re-united team of Programmer Ted Estes, Artist John Youssi, and Sound Master David Thiel together again for JJP#3 - the bar is only going to continue to be raised at JJP...

#102 9 years ago

Of course payment plans are accepted. I frankly have nothing set in stone. I try to just be flexible and my only request is that something be sent in on a regular basis (monthly) and that the game needs to be paid before shipping. No interest or anything like that of course. Shoot me an email Im easy to get along with ; )-

I have all 3 Hobbit models, Standard, LE, and Smaug available to sell... And all of these were purchased as part of my very large initial allotment before the game even was announced = earlier delivery / not end of the line.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#108 9 years ago

I will not be at TPF... I do Allentown, PA ,York, PA, Chicago Pinball Expo, ReplayFX (Pittsburgh), PAPA. Looking to get some more shows in Ive never gone to MGC, TPF, etc... Busy hard to do all that traveling.

Call me anytime to chat ! Love talking pinball !

#109 9 years ago

I have a few more short videos from party of Hobbit... Trying to upload here on my phone, but too large. I will have to do later when I get to my computer. For now they are on our Facebook page... Go there, check them out, Like our page, we love new friends. I do post a lot of near stuff there.

https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=281515171950637&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FPinballSTAR-Amusements%2F281515171950637

#110 9 years ago

A few more pictures...

image-92.jpgimage-92.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-692.jpgimage-692.jpg image-661.jpgimage-661.jpg image-683.jpgimage-683.jpg image-926.jpgimage-926.jpg
#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Wow! I just dealt with Joe for the first time,asking about MMR .
This guy needs to be cloned ASAP!
Super nice guy,knows his sh&t about pinball.
If any you guys are going to buy a Hobbit,Woz or MMR do yourself a favor and talk to Joe .
Amazing customer service.
Pinballstar is the way to go.
Thanks Joe.

Thanks Mike...

Had a great 1/2 hour conversation with a new 'friend/customer' ! And you have the worlds fastest time for beating the wife into submission after getting a quote on a game... I got a text reply in minutes - 'I'M IN'... did you have her in restraints or something... ?

Seriously, thanks for the comments, it's much appreciated... I'm a collector first and foremost so I ENJOY this - it's not work. I appreciate the positive vibes...

Joe

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ditto - I just wish I was able to pull my ass away from the games to talk to Joe some more. D'oh.

Dammit - I forgot to tie you up for the dreaded sales pitch - lol... Glad you made it - as you can see it was all about just hanging out... I wish I talked to more people - it was a short 5 hours... between trying to take pictures, getting the food, checking everyone in (thanks to my fiance Michele for handling most of that) I didn't feel I got to chat with everyone enough. I did lose about 45 mintues when Jimmy Rosen the owner of Old Sled Works took me to show me his 'private' collection I had not seen yet in his office and to meet his Dad, which was nice. Their family owns the Carom game company - nok-hockey anyone ?

#123 9 years ago

OH... and most importantly, the event raised $ 956 for the PinballSTAR Charity Fund - where we donate WOZ's to children's hospitals... So THANK YOU to everyone that attended !

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

OH... and most importantly, the event raised $ 956 for the PinballSTAR Charity Fund - where we donate WOZ's to children's hospitals... So THANK YOU to everyone that attended !

I stand corrected - Jim Hicks from Colorado sent in a donation before the event - said he was paying his entry fee for him and his wife even though he wasn't going - very cool gesture. We are now over $1,000 from the party.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I may give you a call. While the two there didn't catch my interest enough to warrant a purchase, I'd like to talk about being in the loop for upcoming titles.

Call let's talk pinball ! : )

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from karl:

50% is not to shabby if you think about it. What % do you think Stern games have when they hit the streets? Can't be more than 50% max, and the Hobbit is not even released yet.
50% complete sounds ok to me.
I am guessing that by the time the Hobbit starts shipping the code will be ca 60 - 70% done.
From what I have read here on pinside WOZ had plenty great updates out regularly, so this is the least of my worries.
My only concern is how fast they can produce all the toys for The Hobbit. I have a feeling that Two popbumper toys, the dragon + it's surroundings and 4 different troll sculptures will take a while to produce 1500 of.
It's the parts that is holding up The Hobbit now. Same with Heighway Pinball

Agreed - when Jack told me 50% on Saturday I was shocked - I think that's a very impressive number at this stage. You know how deep WOZ is - expect the same or more with The Hobbit.

#156 9 years ago

Hey - I have a few other 'short' videos I did on my phone at the party.. For the life of me I can't get them to upoad to Pinside direct... Tried from phone, computers, etc.. They ARE on my Facebook page and everyone and thier mother has been sharing my posts on FB, so they are out there, but I'd like to post here as I promised I would... I keep getting an error - don't know if they are too big or what... Anyone mind giving me an email address and you can try ? They aren't big or long - i was trying to be conscious of taking a huge video that wouldn't upload easily. Anyone care to try ?
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-party-report-pics-video?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.