image-92.jpg
image.jpg
TH 8.jpg
TH 7.jpg
TH 6.jpg
TH 5.jpg
TH 4.jpg
TH 3.jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

50% complete?!?
Ugh, Pat Lawlor will be dead before his game gets released.

50% is not to shabby if you think about it. What % do you think Stern games have when they hit the streets? Can't be more than 50% max, and the Hobbit is not even released yet.

50% complete sounds ok to me.

I am guessing that by the time the Hobbit starts shipping the code will be ca 60 - 70% done.

From what I have read here on pinside WOZ had plenty great updates out regularly, so this is the least of my worries.

My only concern is how fast they can produce all the toys for The Hobbit. I have a feeling that Two popbumper toys, the dragon + it's surroundings and 4 different troll sculptures will take a while to produce 1500 of.

It's the parts that is holding up The Hobbit now. Same with Heighway Pinball

#152 9 years ago

Deleted comparison to Stern. Didn't want to be "that guy".

#153 9 years ago

man... the game looks so much better now.
thanks for posting the great pix !

I'd really like a chance to play it. hope i'm better at it than woz.

#154 9 years ago

Happy Hump day all. Praying for more vids of the best machine ever.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from karl:

50% is not to shabby if you think about it. What % do you think Stern games have when they hit the streets? Can't be more than 50% max, and the Hobbit is not even released yet.
50% complete sounds ok to me.
I am guessing that by the time the Hobbit starts shipping the code will be ca 60 - 70% done.
From what I have read here on pinside WOZ had plenty great updates out regularly, so this is the least of my worries.
My only concern is how fast they can produce all the toys for The Hobbit. I have a feeling that Two popbumper toys, the dragon + it's surroundings and 4 different troll sculptures will take a while to produce 1500 of.
It's the parts that is holding up The Hobbit now. Same with Heighway Pinball

Agreed - when Jack told me 50% on Saturday I was shocked - I think that's a very impressive number at this stage. You know how deep WOZ is - expect the same or more with The Hobbit.

#156 9 years ago

Hey - I have a few other 'short' videos I did on my phone at the party.. For the life of me I can't get them to upoad to Pinside direct... Tried from phone, computers, etc.. They ARE on my Facebook page and everyone and thier mother has been sharing my posts on FB, so they are out there, but I'd like to post here as I promised I would... I keep getting an error - don't know if they are too big or what... Anyone mind giving me an email address and you can try ? They aren't big or long - i was trying to be conscious of taking a huge video that wouldn't upload easily. Anyone care to try ?
Joe

#157 9 years ago

I think that all material from Battle Of The Five Armies will not be available to JJP until the DVD and Blu-Ray release.
So I would guess that it is hard to work 100% on software before that.
When is the DVD release anyway?.?.

#158 9 years ago

I think next week

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Zebulon-74:

I think that all material from Battle Of The Five Armies will not be available to JJP until the DVD and Blu-Ray release.
So I would guess that it is hard to work 100% on software before that.
When is the DVD release anyway?.?.

24 March

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Zebulon-74:

Can't wait to see it with all the movies in it. There are going to be a ton of happy TH owners.

#161 9 years ago

True, one good thing about the delay in production/shipping it to have the 3rd movie assets for even better sound and visuals

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

If WOZ is such a great crowd puller why are there only 2 or 3 on location in England ? Maybe people like the look of it but can't see what to shoot. I think the hobbit with it's drop targets and theme will do better on location

simple, it's too expensive...

I can expect my sterns on location to pay me back after about 3 or 4 years... a WOZ would take probably close to twice that... sooooo not happening

#163 9 years ago

When I was over in the US the arcades were as shit over there as they are over here. Pinball really lives on with the collectors and community these days. Times have just changed.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I keep getting an error - don't know if they are too big or what... Anyone mind giving me an email address and you can try ?

Hey Joe, I should definitely be able to give you a hand with the videos. I am sending my email to you via PM.

#165 9 years ago

hobbit-prototype-light-lock.jpghobbit-prototype-light-lock.jpghobbit-prototype-right-sling.jpghobbit-prototype-right-sling.jpghobbit-prototype-left-sling.jpghobbit-prototype-left-sling.jpghobbit-prototype-between-flippers-closeup.jpghobbit-prototype-between-flippers-closeup.jpg

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

simple, it's too expensive...
I can expect my sterns on location to pay me back after about 3 or 4 years... a WOZ would take probably close to twice that... sooooo not happening

Quoted from thewool:

When I was over in the US the arcades were as shit over there as they are over here. Pinball really lives on with the collectors and community these days. Times have just changed.

They haven't tried though. Especially not with pindemption. Don't mention Stern tickets. There was no HD screen attract mode with ticket animation. Yes we can never return to when pinball was the only electronic game in the world but I believe JJP games may eventually make good inroads.

I just noticed today a café in Leicester has 3 pinballs

#167 9 years ago

There's an interesting article on Pavlov pinball about a London guy that has operated pinballs for 40 years+. He says he often buys premium rather than pro to give customers a better experience. That is expensive yet it's likely you still haven't got the pull of JJP machines.

#168 9 years ago

On Pinstar's Facebook on one of the videos it looks like the playfield book is playing scenes from the last movie? Does that mean that they do have access to the third movie already? Can't seem to put a link to it....

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

On Pinstar's Facebook on one of the videos it looks like the playfield book is playing scenes from the last movie? Does that mean that they do have access to the third movie already? Can't seem to put a link to it....

Likely yes.b when my company licensed TV shows, we got footage of scenes/episodes that hadn't aired yet.

#170 9 years ago

I was wondering because there was a lot of speculation the JJP would not have access to the third movie until March 24.

#177 9 years ago

The animations and the integration of video looks so much smoother and better here than on WOZ. Nice job!

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

The animations and the integration of video looks so much smoother and better here than on WOZ. Nice job!

I thought the same thing. I was at least there to ask him why He stated that the there's no difference between the two. It's that WOZ comes from 30's film and TH was filmed in HD.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Am I the only one who thinks the game looks beautiful with the exception of those axe plastics sticking out of the slingshots? I REALLY hope those get a makeover or are removed completely.
Looks like a Fisher-Price steering wheel on a Ferrari.

Yea I agree..who the hell agreed to those 1980 horror movie axes!?!? I feel the dragon could have been more interactive as well..maybe spitting out red fire balls like the power ball in TZ!

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Yea I agree..who the hell agreed to those 1980 horror movie axes!?!? I feel the dragon could have been more interactive as well..maybe spitting out red fire balls like the power ball in TZ!

Jack said they will be made over and smaller.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

You simply just did not hit the right arcades. See Portland, Oregon pinball map..
http://pinballmap.com/portland

#182 9 years ago

someday I dream of a pinball proto video being posted that isn't from an ipad or a cell phone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-party-report-pics-video/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.