image-92.jpg
image.jpg
TH 8.jpg
TH 7.jpg
TH 6.jpg
TH 5.jpg
TH 4.jpg
TH 3.jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I'll bet you could buy one on a payment plan from one of the distributors. They deliver when it it is available but you start paying $400 and $400 a month til paid off and no interest. Can't guarantee those terms but there is bound to be some financing options available. But if you can't get one, that's fine. My mistake for trying to corrupt one of our youth. Most people would suggest don't buy any pinball machine on credit - so that also would indicate this would not have been a good idea for you.

My wife would kill me lol

I know though, I think even Joe is willing to work with buyers on certain terms. WOZ was quite the purchase for me along with other non-pinball related purchases last year, just can't do it right now, kids you know...believe me though, I do wish circumstances were different.

#102 9 years ago

Of course payment plans are accepted. I frankly have nothing set in stone. I try to just be flexible and my only request is that something be sent in on a regular basis (monthly) and that the game needs to be paid before shipping. No interest or anything like that of course. Shoot me an email Im easy to get along with ; )-

I have all 3 Hobbit models, Standard, LE, and Smaug available to sell... And all of these were purchased as part of my very large initial allotment before the game even was announced = earlier delivery / not end of the line.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Everything on TH looks well integrated so far .. which shows JJP has paid a lot of attention to detail on this one, probably more than WOZ. Wide-open playfield is going to make this a fun game, especially for for those who prefer a shooter style game. LCD video looks like it could really tie the room together and is polished. TH has the potential to change what you expect of a pinball machine. Final coding will tell, but I am optimistic about TH being a Top10 pin - if you can't tell.

This game is so good the future of pinball will be decided. A great shooter's game with HD monitor and Pindemption option. If this can't break out of the home collector market nothing will do imo.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Any video of Smaug actually talking?

Wish I had stayed on Smaug during multiball to see it clearly, but you do get a glimpse at :05 in my second clip.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-party-report-pics-video/page/2#post-2310151

Was so much going on (in a good way) that I just frankly got distracted and my videos aren't that great.
Got home and realized I hadn't taken any decent still shots at all. Doh!

#105 9 years ago

The game looks better and better
I like the new green coloums and the improvement of Smaug with teeth and spikes.
And there are 4 new Spotlights, very nice.

#106 9 years ago

But for me the back of the PF is very dark with the green coloums.
There could be some extra lights (in green?)

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Of course payment plans are accepted. I frankly have nothing set in stone. I try to just be flexible and my only request is that something be sent in on a regular basis (monthly) and that the game needs to be paid before shipping. No interest or anything like that of course. Shoot me an email Im easy to get along with ; )-
I have all 3 Hobbit models, Standard, LE, and Smaug available to sell... And all of these were purchased as part of my very large initial allotment before the game even was announced = earlier delivery / not end of the line.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

Im just curious Joe, are you going to be at the Texas Pinball Festival ? I would like to meet you in person some time.

#108 9 years ago

I will not be at TPF... I do Allentown, PA ,York, PA, Chicago Pinball Expo, ReplayFX (Pittsburgh), PAPA. Looking to get some more shows in Ive never gone to MGC, TPF, etc... Busy hard to do all that traveling.

Call me anytime to chat ! Love talking pinball !

#109 9 years ago

I have a few more short videos from party of Hobbit... Trying to upload here on my phone, but too large. I will have to do later when I get to my computer. For now they are on our Facebook page... Go there, check them out, Like our page, we love new friends. I do post a lot of near stuff there.

https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=281515171950637&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FPinballSTAR-Amusements%2F281515171950637

#110 9 years ago

A few more pictures...

image-92.jpgimage-92.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-692.jpgimage-692.jpg image-661.jpgimage-661.jpg image-683.jpgimage-683.jpg image-926.jpgimage-926.jpg
#113 9 years ago

Anybody get even a faint glimmer of hope on a production/shipping date?

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Anybody get even a faint glimmer of hope on a production/shipping date?

No. I asked Jack himself - and he knows better. "When we have all the parts received" was the answer.

I've never asked before and I won't ask again. It's done when the truck delivers it.

#115 9 years ago

Any updates on any new playfield additions or changes? How did it play any new code etc. . . . Also anyone take anymore photos or video?

#116 9 years ago

does Smaug eat and/or spit out balls yet?

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

does Smaug eat and/or spit out balls yet?

Pretty sure this is not going to happen.

#118 9 years ago

Wow! I just dealt with Joe for the first time,asking about MMR .
This guy needs to be cloned ASAP!
Super nice guy,knows his sh&t about pinball.
If any you guys are going to buy a Hobbit,Woz or MMR do yourself a favor and talk to Joe .

Amazing customer service.
Pinballstar is the way to go.
Thanks Joe.

#119 9 years ago

I can't say enough about Joe, Jack or Jimmy - VIP treatment all the way, it was a great pleasure being at the event and they're definitely making awesome things happen. I apologize for not getting more pics and video myself, I was a bit apprehensive to share all the amazing things I was witnessing first hand... Had my tripod & everything. I was a bit in shock to say the least. Jack was willing to go into plenty of detail but I was afraid to just shove a camera in his face without asking first - and everything happened so quick...

#120 9 years ago

Ditto - I just wish I was able to pull my ass away from the games to talk to Joe some more. D'oh.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Wow! I just dealt with Joe for the first time,asking about MMR .
This guy needs to be cloned ASAP!
Super nice guy,knows his sh&t about pinball.
If any you guys are going to buy a Hobbit,Woz or MMR do yourself a favor and talk to Joe .
Amazing customer service.
Pinballstar is the way to go.
Thanks Joe.

Thanks Mike...

Had a great 1/2 hour conversation with a new 'friend/customer' ! And you have the worlds fastest time for beating the wife into submission after getting a quote on a game... I got a text reply in minutes - 'I'M IN'... did you have her in restraints or something... ?

Seriously, thanks for the comments, it's much appreciated... I'm a collector first and foremost so I ENJOY this - it's not work. I appreciate the positive vibes...

Joe

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ditto - I just wish I was able to pull my ass away from the games to talk to Joe some more. D'oh.

Dammit - I forgot to tie you up for the dreaded sales pitch - lol... Glad you made it - as you can see it was all about just hanging out... I wish I talked to more people - it was a short 5 hours... between trying to take pictures, getting the food, checking everyone in (thanks to my fiance Michele for handling most of that) I didn't feel I got to chat with everyone enough. I did lose about 45 mintues when Jimmy Rosen the owner of Old Sled Works took me to show me his 'private' collection I had not seen yet in his office and to meet his Dad, which was nice. Their family owns the Carom game company - nok-hockey anyone ?

#123 9 years ago

OH... and most importantly, the event raised $ 956 for the PinballSTAR Charity Fund - where we donate WOZ's to children's hospitals... So THANK YOU to everyone that attended !

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

OH... and most importantly, the event raised $ 956 for the PinballSTAR Charity Fund - where we donate WOZ's to children's hospitals... So THANK YOU to everyone that attended !

You know how to reach me when you're ready to set up another pin at a hospital, Joe. Such a gratifying experience in Pittsburgh last year and I'm anxious to do it again.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Dammit - I forgot to tie you up for the dreaded sales pitch - lol... Glad you made it - as you can see it was all about just hanging out... I wish I talked to more people - it was a short 5 hours... between trying to take pictures, getting the food, checking everyone in (thanks to my fiance Michele for handling most of that) I didn't feel I got to chat with everyone enough. I did lose about 45 mintues when Jimmy Rosen the owner of Old Sled Works took me to show me his 'private' collection I had not seen yet in his office and to meet his Dad, which was nice. Their family owns the Carom game company - nok-hockey anyone ?

I may give you a call. While the two there didn't catch my interest enough to warrant a purchase, I'd like to talk about being in the loop for upcoming titles.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I stand corrected - Jim Hicks from Colorado sent in a donation before the event - said he was paying his entry fee for him and his wife even though he wasn't going - very cool gesture. We are now over $1,000 from the party.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I may give you a call. While the two there didn't catch my interest enough to warrant a purchase, I'd like to talk about being in the loop for upcoming titles.

Call let's talk pinball ! : )

#128 9 years ago

Great time Joe, thanks for the fun. And to everyone else, Joe is super awesome to deal with--buy with confidence!

#129 9 years ago

Met Joe one time. Super nice guy. See ya May 1st.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

No. I asked Jack himself - and he knows better. "When we have all the parts received" was the answer.
I've never asked before and I won't ask again. It's done when the truck delivers it.

Hey - that's fine and better than a kick in the nutbag at this point. As long as things are moving forward and we at least see some form of assembly this year. 3 years between announcement and delivery is a looooong time......

#131 9 years ago

To all the route ops who may read this, for the love of god turn that volume up! Games tend to lose their fun/replayability when you can't hear the damn thing.

#132 9 years ago

No video of gameplay? Not saying the pics and small clips aren't appreciated but man I was hoping for a filmed full game.

#133 9 years ago

I have only talked to Joe on the phone, but he's a great guy. My Hobbit purchase was through Joe, as will be any other NIB I purchase in the future.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No video of gameplay? Not saying the pics and small clips aren't appreciated but man I was hoping for a filmed full game.

There are a few short vids - better than nothing. It would be nice if JJP would let us know when the completed pin will be available for playing and viewing/recording. At an upcoming Expo would be great - and it would be good to have someone from JJP do a game feature/mode walkthrough - Keith?

There is a lot to showcase - the music, modes, Smaug toy voice, the attract mode, LCD book, lance, design considerations and implementation decisions, etc.

#135 9 years ago

I have an AMH ordered from Joe and I wish I had ordered my MMR. Congrats on the fundraiser!

#136 9 years ago

I would love to have seen more videos but based in what I have heard videos are not helping those who have not played it. Must see and play it your yourself.

#137 9 years ago

was it any different than the hobbit I played at IAAPA??

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

was it any different than the hobbit I played at IAAPA??

Yes, definitely. The game I played yesterday had the most up-to-date code (approximately 50% complete, per Jack), Smaug had teeth, the columns were green and the revised playfield art was fully integrated. IAAPA still displayed the old art (Smaug above the Lonely Mountain). Trust me when I say that videos do not do this pin justice. The sound alone makes it a "must see" in person. It's that fun!

#139 9 years ago

Come on Captain - don't be so hard on the pin. It can't be 'that' bad ...

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I will not be at TPF... I do Allentown, PA ,York, PA, Chicago Pinball Expo, ReplayFX (Pittsburgh), PAPA. Looking to get some more shows in Ive never gone to MGC, TPF, etc... Busy hard to do all that traveling.
Call me anytime to chat ! Love talking pinball !

Joe come up to Pintastic this summer. We would love to have you and also would love it if you brought a few AMH with you.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Yes, definitely. The game I played yesterday had the most up-to-date code (approximately 50% complete, per Jack), Smaug had teeth, the columns were green and the revised playfield art was fully integrated. IAAPA still displayed the old art (Smaug above the Lonely Mountain). Trust me when I say that videos do not do this pin justice. The sound alone makes it a "must see" in person. It's that fun!

glad to hear that... at the risk of needing a flame suit the hobbit I played at IAAPA was quite a letdown... next to the WOZ it looked like a stern and played like a gottlieb... even the people I was with (which were not pinheads *at all*) commented on the stark contrast between the two machines

with such a great title I hope they really knock it out of the park, might almost consider putting one on location

#142 9 years ago

If WOZ is such a great crowd puller why are there only 2 or 3 on location in England ? Maybe people like the look of it but can't see what to shoot. I think the hobbit with it's drop targets and theme will do better on location

#143 9 years ago

And yes they are told what to shoot AFTER they have put money in. It's getting them to put money in I'm talking about.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

If WOZ is such a great crowd puller why are there only 2 or 3 on location in England ?

Because it's England.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Because it's England.

Yeah you may have something! 60 million people small island but MOST people skint.

#146 9 years ago

That's U.K

#147 9 years ago

Wasn't that always a problem with the Wizard of Oz license? It is an American movie that has limited appeal beyond our borders.

I think Hobbit is just the opposite.

#148 9 years ago

In England the arcades which are now almost entirely aimed at small children ( not teenagers ) don't do pinball full stop. Whether pindemption can make a difference we will see. The places that do pubs and rock bars WOZ is not going to appeal. But even if it did I think a shooter's game will do better.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

50% complete?!?

Ugh, Pat Lawlor will be dead before his game gets released.

#150 9 years ago

But nobody can deny Jack was right in going with WOZ. It was a movie everyone knew. It succeeded in getting enough orders from collector's even ones that were not keen on the theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-party-report-pics-video/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.