Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lordloss
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hobbit-prototype-light-lock.jpg
hobbit-prototype-right-sling.jpg
hobbit-prototype-left-sling.jpg
hobbit-prototype-between-flippers-closeup.jpg
image-926.jpg
image-683.jpg
image-661.jpg
image-692.jpg
image-92.jpg
image.jpg
TH 8.jpg
TH 7.jpg
TH 6.jpg
TH 5.jpg
TH 4.jpg
TH 3.jpg

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

We will be posting here during the day from our Hobbit party at Old Sled Works in Duncannon, PA (near Harrisburg). If you are free on this rainy day come on out ! See our other post thread for details !!! Enjoy !!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-and-mmr-release-party-sat-221

#2 4 years ago

Wish my schedule was clear this weekend. Good luck with the event Joe!

#3 4 years ago

Very exciting to see what is coming. I wish I could be there. Thank you for posting pics and video.

#4 4 years ago

The Hobbit Jack is bringing will have NEW code so we hope to see some new features today ! Surely it's still a work in progress but great to see its moving along towards completion ! Stay tuned !

FYI We still have available a number of Smaug Gold SE Editions we purchased before 12/31 when they went off the market. Shoot me an email for info / pricing !

Joe
Sales@PinballSTAR.com

#5 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing some pics and videos

#6 4 years ago

Me too (looking forward to picts & vids)... have a great party.

#7 4 years ago

well....we're waiting (Ted Knight)

#8 4 years ago

It's 2:30. Come on. Someone.

#9 4 years ago

The food must be amazing....so happy for Joe & team.

#10 4 years ago

Maybe they have Lloyd's cheese pump there and that's why everybody forgot about us.

#11 4 years ago

Bueller ?? .... Bueller ???? is there anybody out there? What's the head count? What's to eat? Anybody enjoying TH? Is it the latest TH? What version is the software - what % complete does it appear to be? What are some of the unexpected cool games at Old Sled Works? Give us a few crumbs now ... please. Full reports and vids are expected tomorrow, but permission granted to start posting tonight.

#12 4 years ago

They're over there saying, "I bet those suckers on Pinside are kicking themselves right about now. Don't anybody post anything until late tonight!"

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Maybe that have Lloyd's cheese pump there and that's why everybody forgot about us.

I should think it's the lack of a CHEESE PUMP has brought the party down. And they are all sitting forlorn not knowing what to do.

LTG : )™

#14 4 years ago

Maybe we are being punished for not going to the party.

#15 4 years ago

Here are two cool cats! I'm sure the pictures and video are coming soon!

IMG_0660.JPG
#16 4 years ago

cool

#17 4 years ago

ok... i followed the link to the other thread from here.
then the other thread has a link to this thread.

i'm stuck in a loop !!!!!
it's pinball madness

#18 4 years ago

I guess no one showed up since there is no pics or videos.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I guess no one showed up since there is no pics or videos.

Some on facebook now. So hopefully soon here.

LTG : )™

#20 4 years ago

I assume that still the incomplete (windlance, fire button) prototype of Hobbit will be present, right?

So the number of new information we may gain about the Hobbit from that event, will be pretty limited...

#21 4 years ago

Great time today. Thanks to Joe, Jack, and others that helped make it possible.

#22 4 years ago

Thanks for getting us started JeffA.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Great time today. Thanks to Joe, Jack, and others that helped make it possible.

Nice !!

#24 4 years ago

I see it has the Smaug with teeth and the colored backdrop plastic forms.

#25 4 years ago

Inside the hobbit - image.jpg

What a special treat today was. Special thanks to Jack, Joe, and Jimmy. The Hobbit was a blast, absolutely captivating, intense and addicting. I will save the details for a bit later when I have time to make a review worthy of the game. Anyone wanting this title should be excited.

#26 4 years ago

Had a fun time! Didn't officially meet or introduce myself to anyone, but that was mainly because I was distracted by WoZ.

Between WoZ and Hobbit, WoZ was my favorite. Hobbit was too .. empty and lackluster, IMHO. 'Trolls' from MM populate most of the front of the playfield, with apparently two ramps. Drop targets with a hidden VUK behind it, and that seemed like it. Add to the fact that I .. really couldn't care for Hobbit (or LOTR) for a theme. No, I also wasn't a fan of the movies.

WoZ has a HELL of a lot going on - in fact, almost too much for me. I got HS #7 on the game, which surprised the hell out of me. I somehow stacked multiballs - I think?

Anyways, my wife had fun playing WoZ as well - and spending time walking around the flea market/antique mall. So it was a good time for both of us!

#27 4 years ago

hobbit-prototype-POV.jpg

#28 4 years ago
image.jpg image-481.jpg image-358.jpg image-648.jpg image-477.jpg image-374.jpg image-35.jpg image-560.jpg image-434.jpg image-416.jpg image-763.jpg image-606.jpg image-266.jpg image-684.jpg image-588.jpg image-310.jpg image-173.jpg image-702.jpg image-154.jpg image-605.jpg image-862.jpg image-174.jpg image-338.jpg image-404.jpg image-859.jpg image-58.jpg image-522.jpg image-875.jpg
#29 4 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Inside the hobbit -

Game looks beautiful. What happened to the playfield skis we had on the WOZ?

#30 4 years ago

That's a sweet looking place
Thanks for the photos

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

What happened to the playfield skis we had on the WOZ?

There's a brand new hinge mechanism that allows you to lift the play field straight up without pulling it up over a hump or dealing with all the things that were always scary when lifting other play fields. It's really quite impressive. The play field on this is definitely a bit heavy but the new system supports it very well and provides added convenience and luxury, while eliminating pretty much everything anyone ever hated about lifting a play field!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

There's a brand new hinge mechanism that allows you to lift the play field straight up without pulling it up over a hump or dealing with all the things that were always scary when lifting other play fields. It's really quite impressive. The play field on this is definitely a bit heavy but the new system supports it very well and provides added convenience and luxury, while eliminating pretty much everything anyone ever hated about lifting a play field!

Thanks for that explanation. That sounds like a better idea. Although you can't lay the playfield on a table anymore. Of course I'm never ever going to need that anyway with my WOZ

#33 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful game. My only gripes would be yellow flipper rubber just doesn't fit the color pallette (green maybe?), any other trim options besides stainless? and the really open playfield seems empty compared to WoZ.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Although you can't lay the playfield on a table anymore.

I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.. Although it's a heavy duty mechanism, removing the play field from it looks like it wouldn't me much different or any more involved than removing one from other games. Without question it seems to be a much more advanced hinge and support setup but it still bolts to the play field. It seems to be designed to work easier and support more weight but still provide the same basic functions with fancy upgrades.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

the really open playfield seems empty compared to WoZ.

I think this will be the most common complaint from anyone just passing by the machine who hasn't gotten behind it to take a run on it with a few balls. It really does a great job building up the intensity along the way and the open play field creates a different kind of gameplay than WOZ that's very fast paced. The open play field has trolls populating it that pop up at various points and make the game objectives more challenging to complete while also offering their own modes to the game. You can't really compare the two, they're both very well done in their own unique ways.

#36 4 years ago

Joe, thanks for providing high quality, crystal clear pics. Lots of variety, plenty of angles, cool location - remind me to hire you to organize my next party. Kind of floored by how beautiful TH is. The LCD looks 1000 times better than a dmd and can see it has the power to really connect the player with his game.

#37 4 years ago

I think the most foolish comment regarding TH has to be this issue of it looking baron next to WOZ, put a AFM next to TZ and same thing but for me anyway AFM is a much more enjoyable game. I like the gameplay of WOZ buts its far from fast and furious and who would want every game to be one or the other. JMO

#38 4 years ago

Please more videos...

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think the most foolish comment regarding TH has to be this issue of it looking baron next to WOZ, put a AFM next to TZ and same thing but for me anyway AFM is a much more enjoyable game. I like the gameplay of WOZ buts its far from fast and furious and who would want every game to be one or the other. JMO

I was going to say the same thing. AFM is wide open but fun as hell. Looking forward to playing TH on May 1st.

#40 4 years ago

Hey, Joe! Sorry I couldn't make it. Did Jack nail down a more exact time frame of when TH would start shipping?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Joe! Sorry I couldn't make it. Did Jack nail down a more exact time frame of when TH would start shipping?

Good question, and did he mention things that will be in the production playfield that aren't on the proto unit today?

#42 4 years ago

Went to watch the UFC, came back, and...... nothing. I was hoping for video's, reviews of code, etc.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

image-862.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Hi Joe, can you confirm that 'the golden' Smaug is shown in this model.

#44 4 years ago

I appreciate the photos taken but thought there would be tons of videos. I'm confused.

#45 4 years ago

Game was really cool and the code is coming along rather nicely.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Was it hard to hit the ramp shot? Seems like it takes a lot of effort to get it to go.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What was the most intersting mode so far, and what did you have to do? I trust your judgment, but am still waiting for something to "wow" me on this pin. Any insights you have are much appreciated.

Thanks.

#48 4 years ago

I got there at the very end and only saw the game. It looks to be a great game already and I certainly prefer it over WOZ already. The Troll and orc heads look good and smug was talking with the call outs. I think this game will be amazing with complete code. The playfield looks beautiful too!

#49 4 years ago

I know you can adjust the flipper strength in the settings; was easier to hit the right ramp then the left one, but left Jack know that; I am sure you can just adjust and make the flippers stronger. The one thing I noticed is the new LED system and the sound system on Hobbit were so much better then WOZ

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I appreciate the photos taken but thought there would be tons of videos. I'm confused.

Honestly, I'm not. Everyone there was either busy playing it, or too into studying the display and gameplay..!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside