image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1248-149.jpg
IMG_1246.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg
75th flyer front.jpg
hobbit game new pf 1.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Going to try and make it. It would be great to see MMR in person.

#52 9 years ago

I'll be at PAPA on March 14th but I'll certainly attend if possible if rescheduled to March 7. Thanks, Joe!

#53 9 years ago

Weather still looks bad for tomorrow if not worse so the reschedule date for now is 3/14... I get the PAPA conflict, my apologies but all parties won't be available any other weekend in March due to travel. If I can figure out something else I will let everyone know.

BUT, We will have Hobbit, MMR, and AMH at Allentown about a month later so for those who can't make the 14th we hope to see you there !

My apologies... Damn weather : (

image.jpgimage.jpg
#54 9 years ago

I was looking forward to videos this weekend but someone's safety comes first. Smart move Joe to cancel.

#55 9 years ago

We had a few people really worried about travel. And were were getting people from Pittsburgh, WV, MD, VA, NY, NJ, and all of PA... Big area and I literally looked at weather for all areas and it sucks everywhere... possibly 2-6 inches of snow for all and that damn changeover where it's going to start and end with freezing rain, sleet, etc... All day Sat and into Sun - so there was no escaping it - would have made for bad travel to the event and a horrendous return home in the dark... I just didn't want put anyone through it and I also believe that many would have just turned around even if they wanted to brave it and it would have just been a flop. Best to just let everyone know today and we will re-schedule... I noticed a WWE launch party also got cancelled in CO - it wasn't just us - lol !

#56 9 years ago

Ted just found out he can't play the Hobbit this weekend and had a message for winter ! Lol

image.jpgimage.jpg
#57 9 years ago

March 14th it is! Works for me and a few other who I know were planning to attend tomorrow.

#58 9 years ago

i am still going to hershey and have breakfast with my son! on the way back from picking up a TWDLE.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i am still going to hershey and have breakfast with my son! on the way back from picking up a TWDLE.

Now that, Freddy, sounds like a good day! I'll be over next week to break it in with you and TaTa. TOTAN flippers the week after.

#60 9 years ago

Joe can you take a few videos yourself and post???

#61 9 years ago

PAPA... OH MAN! Not a good date.

#62 9 years ago

Would have been really bad driving back Harrisburg right now. It's a mess south of Baltimore. I wouldn't have risked it. Thanks for cancelling.

#63 9 years ago

Well, I'm here in Duncannon now, staring at an empty Old Sled Works. Where the hell is everybody?

#64 9 years ago

IMG_20150222_103413_975.jpgIMG_20150222_103413_975.jpg

Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Now that, FREDDY, sounds like a good day! I'll be over next week to break it in with you and TaTa. TOTAN flippers the week after.

deal! and it was a good day 8 hour round trip. pa tpk. covered in snow.and had breakfast with my son in hershey pa. and still got TWDLE home safe and set up w/new topper thanks to TaTa for his help.

#65 9 years ago

Post edited by freddy: double post

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'm here in Duncannon now, staring at an empty Old Sled Works. Where the hell is everybody?

Randy - you made me laugh - if anyone was going to be there alone - it was you ! Don't think I wasn't worried as all hell that someone would be there... That is why I asked for confirmations and also all the contact info - it came in handy to be prepared.
Joe

#67 9 years ago

Hi everyone -

As you know we had to postpone the Hobbit Release Party yesterday due snowy bad weather...

We are rescheduling to Saturday 3/14 from 11-4 at OLD SLED WORKS in Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg)

We hope to have the MMR LE by then as well (it had not arrived in time for party) - and I hope to also have some extra goodies I didn't have ready for yesterday...

I know some who committed to yesterday's date have family commitments and some will be attending PAPA and I apologize you can't make it now. 3/14 was literally the only weekend date that we all could do (me, Jack, and Jimmy at Old Sled Works) the PAPA conflict was unavoidable... If you can't make it 3/14 please plan to come see us at Allentown Pinfest in May only a little over 1 month later !

If you are coming - if you would be kind enough to CONFIRM your attendance for 3/14 date I would appreciate it - It would help me plan. Guests welcome... Wives, Children...

See original announcement below with all the details.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hobbit / Medieval Madness Remake Release Party on Saturday 3/14 from 11 am - 4 pm at Old Sled Works in Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg) with Jersey Jack Guarnieri !

We hope to have a prototype Hobbit, one of the first MMRs off the line, and a WOZ there (possibly a AMH as well). Jersey Jack will be there to sign anything you have and to hang out with us all day and to talk all about the Hobbit and JJP ! Old Sled Works is run by a friend and fellow coin-op collector, Jimmy Rosen. Jimmy used to run the Hershey Gameroom Expo that ran for a few years about 10 years ago. For 85 years Old Sled Works was an sled factory (owned by his family) that has been turned into a antique vendor mall with 125 vendors and even a Sled Museum ! Plenty to see and do there for the ladies who like antiques so you might want to bring them along. There is also a huge old time ARCADE there - all old / classic games - woodrail pinballs, skee ball, baseball pitch and bats, gun games, whacky arcade games, pre-war pinballs, and more ! There's also a working soda fountain where you can grab a spinning stool and order a hamburger or hot dog or a root beer float like it's 1955 ! Bring the kids, bring the lady, bring a friend, all are welcome ! I'm still working on the particulars (giveaways ?, tournament ?) - those details will follow. Admission will be $ 25 per person, of which 100% will go to the PinballSTAR charity fund where we donate WOZ machines to children's hospitals. In return and to support our charity cause Jimmy has graciously offered up his entire pay to play arcade for FREE play to our guests - you will get a big bucket of unlimited quarters to dig your paws into to use in the arcade all day ! And we'll surely have some giveaways as well...

If you would like to reserve a spot to attend - please email me back the following info for EACH person attending :
Name, city/state, email address, phone, which games that we distribute do you own ? (bought from us or not) - this helps to plan some potential giveaways AND was handy notifying everyone of the 2/21 postponement.

Check out their site for info / address : http://www.sledworks.com/ - you might even run into a Pinup Girl or two (the location is used frequently for pin up photo shoots much to Jimmy's liking !)
You tube TOUR of OLD SLED WORKS :

IT'S GOING TO BE A FUN DAY ! MARK YOUR CALANDER AND COME JOIN US !

#68 9 years ago

Oh and Jack will be bringing the new cabinet artwork - RAD CAL for everyone to examine :

Details here...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-new-decals-called-rad-cal

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Randy - you made me laugh - if anyone was going to be there alone - it was you ! Don't think I wasn't worried as all hell that someone would be there... That is why I asked for confirmations and also all the contact info - it came in handy to be prepared.
Joe

You're right about me being the only one alone. I'm usually never invited to parties, and when I am, I'm intentionally given the wrong address.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

deal! and it was a good day 8 hour round trip. pa tpk. covered in snow.and had breakfast with my son in hershey pa. and still got TWDLE home safe and set up w/new topper thanks to TaTa for his help.

Where are the other pins, Freddy? TWDLE looks to have taken the Bad Cats spot...?

#71 9 years ago

Bump - would love to have as many folks attend as possible : )

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Where are the other pins, FREDDY? TWDLE looks to have taken the Bad Cats spot...?

there were several others in that spot since bad cats. you need to get out more!

#73 9 years ago

We are one week or so out from our Hobbit Reveal Party... Email us at [email protected] to attend.

#74 9 years ago

hopefully i can attend

#75 9 years ago

Freddy - please shoot me an email at [email protected] with requested info from original post and we'll get you on the guest list ! Would love to have as many as can attend !
Joe

#76 9 years ago

Joe do u have the hobbit in possession? If so can u shoot a couple of videos real quick.

#77 9 years ago

Jack is bringing the Hobbit to the party on Saturday - I will of course be shooting some videos and posting for everyone...

Who else wants to come play Hobbit Saturday - email me at [email protected] ! Hope to meet alot of new friends...

Old Sled Works is a really cool place as well !

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Jack is bringing the Hobbit to the party on Saturday - I will of course be shooting some videos and posting for everyone...
Who else wants to come play Hobbit Saturday - email me at [email protected] ! Hope to meet alot of new friends...
Old Sled Works is a really cool place as well !

Thanks. Wish I could make it. I will be at Allentown to play TH but sure would like to play this weekend.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Video and pictures would be great! please post for us that can't make it

#80 9 years ago

So cool! Everyone is going to have a blast at this! Hobbit is AMAZING!!! What a great job by JJP.

#81 9 years ago

Will be there on Sat; look forward to playing the new version of Hobbit; only got to play the one from expo. All the changes look awesome; big thanks to Joe for having the party.

#83 9 years ago

Bump

#84 9 years ago

Bump for the party.

LTG : )™

#85 9 years ago

Enjoy enveryone, I will be at PAPA. Will be different not seeing you at PAPA this time Joe. Glad I got to say hello to you at York a few months ago!

#86 9 years ago

A few of you have asked for some pics of Old Sled Works, the owner sent me this... Lol. We might want to spray down stools number 1 and 2... It's a cool place and a lot of pin up models use it as a shoot location. Clothing is required for the Hobbit party ; )---

Anyone who wants to attend please let me know... [email protected]

Joe

image.jpgimage.jpg
#87 9 years ago

Sled Works is an awesome place. You can spend a few hours there just roaming around at all of the vintage items everywhere, it really takes you back in time to your childhood as well as your parents and I am pretty excited to see how it all transforms for this event. I'm definitely excited to see the Hobbit up close and hopefully get a play or two on it. There's something there for everyone. Not only that but the classic coin op arcade there has some really interesting and unique pieces.

A few of the pins they have there are posted here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/old-sled-works-duncannon-pa

#88 9 years ago

Last day bump... Hope to see as many of our pinball friends as we can to play the Hobbit !

Please email to get on the guest list...

See you there !

#89 9 years ago

Bump for party.

LTG : )™

#90 9 years ago

I'll be there, along with the wife (she's tired of being stuck inside over the winter..)..

I may bring my blue powerball, in case folks are interested in.. uh.. feeling it. (Not FOR the party, for meeting someone after. But if anyone wants to see what it's like, just ask..)

#91 9 years ago

Oh.. and since tomorrow is Pi day, will there be Pi?

#92 9 years ago

FINAL BUMP and PARTY DETAILS EMAILED TO EVERYONE WHO'S ATTENDING - WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE FOLKS JOIN US IF YOU CAN MAKE IT - email me at [email protected]...

Hello PinballSTAR Amusements / Jersey Jack Pinball / Hobbit friends...

I am sending this out to everyone who had confirmed for the party - some of you can't make it tomorrow due to the rescheduled date of 3/14 conflicting with family events or the PAPA Tournament in Pittsburgh. I'm sorry for those of you who were able to attend in February and now can't make it tomorrow. If you ARE attending I also would appreciate a quick email 'YES' reply so I know you are coming and how many in your party. It will help me with final planning for food / giveaways / etc...

Party details :
We will have 1 Hobbit and 1 Wizard of Oz there to play. My Medieval Madness Remake game is done and in a box in Chicago waiting to be shipped from what I understand - unfortunately they didn't get it to me in time for the party. I will NOT be bringing Spooky's America's Most Haunted as it would require me to rent a truck to bring 2 games... If the MMR came in I would have brought AMH too as I would have had to get a truck in that case. BUT you can visit us at the Allentown Pinfest in May and we'll have everything there ! The party was planned primarily for the Hobbit anyway.

Party time is 11-4. I kindly ask that you do NOT show up early as we will be busy setting up, please let us finish doing that so we can just enjoy the party with everyone at 11. Enter through the main doors of Old Sled Works Antique Mall and go back to the Penny Arcade section.
We will be set up in a small private area in the back of the Penny Arcade section. The Penny Arcade will be open to the public as well, but the area where our games will be will be private. The donation / entry fee to the party area where the Hobbit and WOZ will be is $ 25 per person and all proceeds will go to our WOZ game donations to children's hospitals (we've donated 2 so far - one in Philadelphia and one in Pittsburgh) OR to our fund our upcoming donation of a Hobbit to a military veteran's facility in Pittsburgh (being planned now). We will collect the admission fee when you first arrive.

Old Sled Works Penny Arcade - the arcade is on pay to play, but Jimmy Rosen our host is being kind enough to support our charity effort that in exchange for you entry donation to us, he will be putting out bowls of quarters for everyone to use during the party to play the games in his arcade. I just kindly ask you take only what you need to use and please be sure to return any extra when you leave... Please also be kind to Jimmy's games, many are very rare, unique, and old. And be sure to thank Jimmy for hosting our event free of charge !

Giveaways... Jack will be there - bring anything you want him to sign you might have, he'll be happy to. He will be bringing some goodies to give away - not sure how we'll do it yet - maybe as a random door prize when you entry. I have made up some limited edition Hobbit trading cards AND Hobbit posters. My graphic designer was burning the midnight oil this week and they look fantastic ! See attached. They are set to be fed ex'd to OSW tomorrow so hopefully they will arrive in time and we'll get Jack to sign them and give a poster to every attendee as a thanks for attending and donating. We were planning Hobbit tshirts as well, but they were not able to get printed in time for the party. We will have them for sale at Allentown - check with us then. I will however be bringing our prior tshirts - the grey PinballSTAR ones and the white WOZ ones... I do NOT have all sizes left, so we won't have one for everyone, so we will just give those away as supplies last based on if your sizes are available.

Food : The soda fountain unfortunately will NOT be open Saturday. It is run by an outside vendor out of Jimmy's control and they are not opening this weekend due to prior commitments. So... I will be footing the bill for everyone and ordering BBQ sandwiches for everyone from a local restaurant so there is lunch food there for everyone. We'll bring bottled water too...

Accessories for sale : I'll have a number of accessories there to sell with the proceeds of all items going 100% to the charity fund. Most everything signed by Jack as well. WOZ standard flyers $ 20. WOZ 75th flyers $ 20. WOZ posters $ 20. WOZ translights $ 100. WOZ Backglasses $ 275. .

We might have some side tournaments for some small prizes as well for fun.

Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow - both old and new friends. It will be a fun day of pinball camaraderie ! Jack is excited to meet and mingle with everyone as well ! And be sure to thank him for his effort to take a rare day off he has when he's not travelling to drive 3 hours back and forth to hang out with us - oh and for bringing the Hobbit for us to play ! Not a bad way to spend a Saturday : The Hobbit and WOZ, Jersey Jack, an old time Penny Arcade with 60 games to play for free, free giveaways, free food and a great day of arcade / pinball fun !

If you are interested in buying any of the games we sell just pull me aside and we can discuss tomorrow. Payment plan available on most games.

JJP's Wizard of Oz :
I do have New in Box WOZ Standards $ 8,000 and Ruby Red 75th Anniversary $ 9,000 IN STOCK now (some have options of shaker / invisiglass added at additional cost).
I would consider selling the showroom Standard WOZ that we will have there tomorrow if anyone wants it - it's basically new out of the box - was used at the York show in October for 2 days sparingly, wrapped up and will be unwrapped for the first time since tomorrow at Old Sled Works. It has a shaker motor - retail is $ 8,250 ($ 8,000 plus $ 250 for shaker) - I will take $ 500 off it due to it being out of the box. A nice deal if anyone wants it.

JJP's Hobbit :
Standard $ 8,000 / Limited Edition LE $ 8,500 / Smaug Gold Special Edition SE $ 9,000 (Smaug Gold SE is no longer for sale, but I bought a small supply before the 12/31/14 deadline to sell)

Planetary Pinball's Medieval Madness Remake :
Standard $ 8,000 / Limited Edition LE $ 8,500 - includes black or gold trim and shaker motor (I only have a few of these left) - Games starting to ship this week or next - they are rolling !

Spooky Pinball :
America's Most Haunted $ 6,000 - Shipping now !

Virtuapin (Video Pinball) :
Fully customizable starting at $ 5,000

Directions :
Old Sled Works
722 North Market Street
Duncannon, PA
http://www.sledworks.com/

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042 (cell)

#93 9 years ago

Hi Joe,

I hope you will post lots of videos and pictures of The Hobbit on your facebook page. Do not forget a close interview with the RAD CAL Have a nice day and for all who will attend, enjoy the partyLooking forward to all the coming updates

#95 9 years ago

have fun guys. can't wait to play Hobbit.

#96 9 years ago

I am planning on attending today, get times to be had! Just a heads up on food and beer or bars in the town of Duncannon. If you want some of the best pulled pork BBQ or brisket I have ever had then check out Road Hawg BBQ. It's a small restaurant about a mile south of Old Sled Works. There is the towns only beer distribution store next to it. I would say Red Rabbit is an option but I don't think they have opened for the season yet. The Doyle Hotel is near the venue too, they have home style cooking and a full bar to have a beer or 3 other than that there are a couple mom and pop pizza shops if you want a pizza pie or sub. Hope to see everyone today!

#97 9 years ago

Will be there today

#98 9 years ago

Never got to Old Sled Works when I lived in New York. Enjoy everyone. Take lots of pictures!

Joe - I wish I could be there with my daughter today. Since we can't, I'm sending you a donation for what our entry would have been. Keep up the great work - I hope you have a great party!

#100 9 years ago

Hi everyone. Bad cell reception in building and even outside at OSW made for the delay of pics and vids. I do have a few more ill post later. Driving home now as we stayed over so ty for patience. Was having a good time with everyone I took what I could when I could without disturbing people while thst were playing. I'll give my full (honest) review as well. Obviously I love the game.
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 84.99
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-and-mmr-release-party-sat-221/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.