image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1248-149.jpg
IMG_1246.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg
75th flyer front.jpg
hobbit game new pf 1.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

UPDATE : PARTY RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER TO SAT 3/14

Hobbit Release Party on Saturday 2/21 from 11 am - 4 pm at Old Sled Works in Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg) with Jersey Jack Guarnieri !

We will have a prototype Hobbit and a WOZ there. Jersey Jack will be there to sign anything you have and to hang out with us all day and to talk all about the Hobbit and JJP !

Old Sled Works is run by a friend and fellow coin-op collector, Jimmy Rosen. Jimmy used to run the Hershey Gameroom Expo that ran for a few years about 10 years ago. For 85 years Old Sled Works was an sled factory (owned by his family) that has been turned into a antique vendor mall with 125 vendors and even a Sled Museum ! Plenty to see and do there for the ladies who like antiques so you might want to bring them along. There is also a huge old time ARCADE there - all old / classic games - woodrail pinballs, skee ball, baseball pitch and bats, gun games, whacky arcade games, pre-war pinballs, and more ! There's also a working soda fountain where you can grab a spinning stool and order a hamburger or hot dog or a root beer float like it's 1955 ! Bring the kids, bring the lady, bring a friend, all are welcome ! I'm still working on the particulars (giveaways ?, tournaments ?) - those details will follow.

Admission will be $ 25 per person, of which 100% will go to the PinballSTAR charity fund. In return and to support our charity cause Jimmy has graciously offered up his entire pay to play arcade for FREE play to our guests - you will get a big bucket of unlimited quarters to dig your paws into to use in the arcade all day ! And we'll surely have some giveaways as well...

Attendance may be limited. If you would like to reserve a spot to attend - please email me at [email protected] (do not PM on Pinside) back the following info for EACH person attending :
Name, city/state, email address, phone, tshirt size, and which games that we distribute do you own ? (bought from us or not) - this helps to plan some potential giveaways.

Check out their site for info / address : http://www.sledworks.com/ - you might even run into a Pinup Girl or two (the location is used frequently for pin up photo shoots much to Jimmy's liking !)

You tube TOUR of OLD SLED WORKS :

IT'S GOING TO BE A FUN DAY ! MARK YOUR CALANDER AND COME JOIN US !

PinballSTAR Amusements CHARITY :
We donate WOZ pinball machines to children's hospitals. We have donated two so far - one in Philadelphia and one in Pittsburgh... For the Hobbit we are considering donating a Hobbit machine to a local Pittsburgh Veteran's facility for use by members of our armed forces. This would be donated at the ReplayFX show in Pittsburgh in July. Details being worked out on that donation ! : )
Details of our previous WOZ game donations to children's hospitals are at these links :
http://www.pinballnews.com/news/wozdonation.html
http://www.timesleader.com/news/local-news/1066736/Therapy-in-play
http://papa.org/2014/07/23/pinball-star-donates-wizard-of-oz-machine-to-pittsburgh-hospital/

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK :
If you are not yet a 'friend' of us on Facebook - go and LIKE us now - I do post a lot of updates there on all games and the pinball world in general - You will get instant info there when new news is released that I may not always send out in email.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637

We are distributors for
Jersey Jack Pinball -
Wizard of Oz Standard and WOZ 75th Anniversary - IN STOCK
The Hobbit - Standard, LE, and Smaug SE (we have Smaugs !)
Planetary Pinball -
Medieval Madness Remake - Standard and LE (we have a FEW LE's available)
Spooky Pinball -
America's Most Haunted - (we will have some previously ordered games available SOON)
Virtuapin (Video pinball)

Contact us for your best pricing and info on all games ! Payment plans available !

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND THE HOBBIT RELEASE PARTY - EMAIL US TO GET ON THE LIST !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042
Facebook Keyword - PinballSTAR Amusements

hobbit game new pf 1.jpghobbit game new pf 1.jpg

75th flyer front.jpg75th flyer front.jpg

#2 9 years ago

That video made me dizzy......

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hobbit / Medieval Madness Remake Release Party on Saturday 2/21 from 11 am - 4 pm at Old Sled Works in Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg) with Jersey Jack Guarnieri !
We will have a prototype Hobbit, one of the first MMR LEs off the line, and a WOZ there (maybe a AMH too). Jersey Jack will be there to sign anything you have and to hang out with us all day and to talk all about the Hobbit and JJP !

Wish JJP would stop 'prototyping' and actually start production on Hobbit......

#4 9 years ago

Saturday Bump - keep the invitation requests coming - shaping up to be a great event !

Email [email protected]...

#5 9 years ago

Heck of a party bump.

LTG : )™

#6 9 years ago

Heck of a host bump.

RAR

#7 9 years ago

Okay, I was going to submit a request to show up, but honestly after reading the last half of this post, and now all the other posts that were put up, I feel like it's an attempt to get sales leads.

#8 9 years ago

Coyote,

Joe is a distributor of JJP and of course he wouldn't mind selling a few machines. He's a class act and there is never no pressure to buy. If I didn't have to work that weekend I would be signing up to go. Remember all the proceeds are going to charity, which also speaks to Joe's credibility.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

... and there is never no pressure to buy.

I think that is what Coyote is afraid of.

I wish I could be there.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Coyote,
Joe is a distributor of JJP and of course he wouldn't mind selling a few machines. He's a class act and there is never no pressure to buy. If I didn't have to work that weekend I would be signing up to go. Remember all the proceeds are going to charity, which also speaks to Joe's credibility.

Quoted from statsdoc:

I think that is what Coyote is afraid of.
I wish I could be there.

Hah! Love double-negatives.

Since I've never been up to their place (despite being only ninety minutes away..), yeah, I'm worried about going through a new game and getting the 'sales pitch'. Not about the donation or entry amount in the least.

#11 9 years ago

Wish the family and I could make it! As its been too long buddy! We are still trying to defeat the WOZRR daily.. We love it as the day we brought it home, thank you. Looks like the party is going to be a great time.. When we come to get the MMr we will be sure to make it a weekend trip so we can hang out and get the families together. Hope you guys have a blast!!!

**** Anyone wondering what to expect, just a great time with others that enjoy pinball and checking out what is new. I can guarantee that there will be zero pressure to buy a machine as Joe is a great guy that does this for the love of pinball. As his own personal collection shows, Joe was such awesome to let my son and I check out what could easily be considered a museum of pinball history. My second NIB came from Joe and any future NIB purchase will be the same.****

Now get out there and Slay some pinball and be apart of a donation to a great charity!

#12 9 years ago

Sounds like a great party, Joe! Wish I lived within a five-hour radius. Everybody that attends this event will undoubtedly have a blast while helping out a great cause. Time to play some PINBALL.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words guys...

Not sure what you are worried about Coyote - of course any release party by any distributor for JJP or Stern are marketing events no different than having a booth at a show - of course we want to show off the Hobbit and maybe sell some now or later and develop relationships with new folks we don't know yet. And of course I want people who are in the area to know about it and I'm trying to put the word out. BUT... this is nothing but a party, raising money for charity, being done at a cool location with alot of games you will have access to for free. Of course, we will ask for 10 mintues of your time to tie you up to a bed of nails and show you videos of the Hobbit and MMR on a loop until you buy one... lol... Seriously, everyone is invited - if you bought a game from another distributor or JJP or PPS direct already it's still all good. I ask what games you might own so if we do some sort of giveaways (not decided yet) I might be able to tailor a gift to a game you own (a flyer,etc..). It's a day for pinball socialization and friend making. People who attended my WOZ party will attest it was a FUN no pressure in any way kind of day. If you would like to come Coyote - please do, would love to have you... : )

Joe

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Not sure what you are worried about Coyote - of course any release party by any distributor for JJP or Stern are marketing events no different than having a booth at a show - of course we want to show off the Hobbit and maybe sell some now or later and develop relationships with new folks we don't know yet. And of course I want people who are in the area to know about it and I'm trying to put the word out. BUT... this is nothing but a party, raising money for charity, being done at a cool location with alot of games you will have access to for free. Of course, we will ask for 10 mintues of your time to tie you up to a bed of nails and show you videos of the Hobbit and MMR on a loop until you buy one... lol... Seriously, everyone is invited - if you bought a game from another distributor or JJP or PPS direct already it's still all good. I ask what games you might own so if we do some sort of giveaways (not decided yet) I might be able to tailor a gift to a game you own (a flyer,etc..). It's a day for pinball socialization and friend making. People who attended my WOZ party will attest it was a FUN no pressure in any way kind of day. If you would like to come Coyote - please do, would love to have you... : )

Well put! Sounds like a great event. Good luck!!!

#15 9 years ago

Met Joe at PAPA last year when he was there promoting WoZ and collecting for charity. Spoke to Joe for maybe 15 minutes and at no time did he even try to give me a sales pitch.

Sounds like a great event Joe. I will try to make it out from Pittsburgh!

#16 9 years ago

Approximately how many games will be on free play and am I understanding correctly that free play runs for a total of 5 hours? Thank you!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Met Joe at PAPA last year when he was there promoting WoZ and collecting for charity. Spoke to Joe for maybe 15 minutes and at no time did he even try to give me a sales pitch.
Sounds like a great event Joe. I will try to make it out from Pittsburgh!

Smaug says Joe's the best of the best!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Smaug says Joe's the best of the best!

Is that the gold smaug or the red one???

#19 9 years ago

Can someone please post alot of videos of the hobbit. I will not be able to play one until Allentown which is May 1st. Thanks guys. Wish i could come Joe. Sounds like a great time.

#21 9 years ago

Bump

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can someone please post alot of videos of the hobbit. I will not be able to play one until Allentown which is May 1st. Thanks guys. Wish i could come Joe. Sounds like a great time.

+1
Yes please, lots of video if possible.

#23 9 years ago

Any idea if this will be the Hobbit machine that has been making the rounds or possibly a more updated one?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Approximately how many games will be on free play and am I understanding correctly that free play runs for a total of 5 hours? Thank you!

I'm going to try to get pictures from the owner of the lineup of all games... It's mostly older games - wedgeheads, woodrails, gun games, quirky arcade games you never see anywhere, ball bowler, skeeball, etc... It's not enormous, approximately about games - but there is plenty to spend your time with away from the Hobbit, MMR, and AMH. That way people can cycle in and out of that area with the new games I'm bringing and Jimmy's arcade and have plenty to do hopefully without huge lines at the new games. We will try to plan some mini tournaments with prizes on some of the older games as a fun diversion - highest score over the day etc...

Here's a copy of the soda fountain's menu - some casual eats and of course ICE CREAM ! And for guys that like pinup girls, here's some pics of some of the honeys that frequently use Old Sled Works as a photo shoot location ! Jimmy can show you the good stuff in person ! lol : )

Anyone looking to come see the Hobbit, MMR, and AMH please email me at [email protected] to get on the guest list !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

IMG_1246.jpgIMG_1246.jpg IMG_1247.jpgIMG_1247.jpg IMG_1248-149.jpgIMG_1248-149.jpg IMG_1167.jpgIMG_1167.jpg
#25 9 years ago

Friday bump - Would love to have as many Hobbit / MMR / AMH fans as we can attend.. Come see these new games in a small private setting ! Please email [email protected] ! Thanks !
Joe

#26 9 years ago

Sunday Bump - come see the Hobbit - Whoopee... lol.... Would love to have as many friends show up to have a fun day ! Email to get on the guest list - [email protected] !
Joe

#27 9 years ago

Can't wait for this pinball gathering, Joe is such a nice guy!

#28 9 years ago

Bump

#29 9 years ago

Doesn't look like we'll have our shipped MMR in time for the party : ( We will have one and AMH at Allentown, but not at the party... I will email everyone who confirmed in case that was your main interest, but I suspect everyone wanted to see Hobbit.

So it's a Jersey Jack Pinball Wizard of Oz and Hobbit Release party !

We still have space available - Please email Joe at [email protected] to get on the guest list !

#30 9 years ago

I'm thinking I might show up to this, but have a quick question.

The only real reason I would come would be to play the WoZ, since there isn't anywhere even close to me that has one. Is this one of those events where I'll be standing in line forever, only to get one game at a time as I watch it drain down the outlanes.

I've never been to an event like this, so I don't even know what to expect.

#31 9 years ago

I've been to a few release parties and there's always a line. The lines could be long or they could be short, all really depends on how many people show up. Just go and have fun, you'll get some plays on it.

#32 9 years ago

Joe - Wish I could make it, but coaching the last hoops games of the season. Hope you have a great turn out. If you could take some good gameplay vid of TH, that would be awesome!

Todd A

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm thinking I might show up to this, but have a quick question.
The only real reason I would come would be to play the WoZ, since there isn't anywhere even close to me that has one. Is this one of those events where I'll be standing in line forever, only to get one game at a time as I watch it drain down the outlanes.
I've never been to an event like this, so I don't even know what to expect.

Not at all - we will have a smaller crowd AND an entire arcade of 60 plus games to distract people and the star of the party will be the Hobbit, not WOZ... I do not expect long lines or wait time - it won't be that type of event. It will be very casual / friendly, hanging out / talking pinball etc... You will get plenty of time on WOZ and if not I will spray windex in the eyes of eveyone in front of you so the line moves quicker : )~

#34 9 years ago

I wanted to come but the weather is supposed to be bad

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Joe - Wish I could make it, but coaching the last hoops games of the season. Hope you have a great turn out. If you could take some good gameplay vid of TH, that would be awesome!
Todd A

Hey Todd ! I'll be taking lots of pictures and videos and of the Hobbit and maybe an interview with Jack will be posting them on our PinballSTAR Amusements Facebook page... Those intersted should LIKE it now and beat the rush ! : )

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wanted to come but the weather is supposed to be bad

Right now just calling for snow showers during the day. We are watching it of course, but no issues as we see it at this point ! Event runs from 11-4 you can come and stay the whole time and still leave at the end and be home before it's dark.

#37 9 years ago

Hmm down here snow , sleet , freezing rain all weekend joy

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

and if not I will spray windex in the eyes of eveyone in front of you so the line moves quicker : )~

Works for me! I sent you an email to sign up.

#39 9 years ago

Joe is there anyway possible to stream this live like a lot of pinball leagues do? That would kick ass.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Joe is there anyway possible to stream this live like a lot of pinball leagues do? That would kick ass.

Actually I was talking to Mark from PAPA about coming and feeling free to tape the Hobbit - we didn't connect on that though...

#41 9 years ago

Unfortunately the weather is not going to co-operate with us... Snow all day, sleet, freezing rain, etc... Looks like we will be gettting everything all day - over all of PA to MD, NJ, and NY - nobody coming to the party from any direction will escape it... We are tenatively looking to reschedule for Saturday 3/7 or 3/14... Stay tuned I will post a definate here after I confer with all parties - Jack and Old Sled Works...

And hopefully we can get the MMR there in time for the rescheduled date now... at least one postitive out of it maybe...

I will be emailing everyone who confirmed their attendance, but wanted to post here to get the word out...

Joe

#42 9 years ago

Good call, Joe. Sorry about the hassle.

#43 9 years ago

Come on make it a Sunday so I can stay overnight.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Come on make it a Sunday so I can stay overnight.

We considered Sunday, but they are calling for snow sleet freezing rain overnight into Sunday looks no better. I looks like a mix of everything coming. Trust me I put alot of time into the party, I hate to postpone, but I do not want anyone getting hurt in an accident, we have many families, kids / wives coming and many traveling from out of state with long drives.

We are looking at Sat 3/14 !

Joe

#45 9 years ago

I did not say this Sunday I said make it a Sunday I meant Sunday the 3/15 if possible so I could stay over. .

#46 9 years ago

stupid winter. sick of it

#47 9 years ago

-16 wind chills now!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We are looking at Sat 3/14 !

Joe

Mmmm, Pi

#49 9 years ago

You'll have to take me off the list. I'll be in Pittsburg on the 14th for the PAPA 18 thing.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You'll have to take me off the list. I'll be in Pittsburg on the 14th for the PAPA 18 thing.

This is a valid point as Joe may lose a lot of people since so many go to PAPA!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-and-mmr-release-party-sat-221 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.