(Topic ID: 107394)

Pinballsidemirrors.com install problem on TSPP

By KeithinMI

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KeithinMI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Despite that their install video shows the installation of their mirror blades on a TSPP, I am having problems installing mine.

On both sides when I try to line up the side-rail bolt hole with the hole in the psm, the front tip of the mirror-blade protrudes all the way to the front of the cabinet. This would not be a problem except that there is a bolt with nut on both sides (that the grounding strap attaches to) that the psm is then over the top of.

Moving the psm backwards bumps it against the wood blocks below the head of the cabinet and if moved back, you can't get the psm to the underside of the glass channel to install it. In the video, the front "tip" of the set they install on the TSPP is much shorter -- perhaps mine are a later revision?

(I ordered both B/W sets and Stern sets and my first attempt was to try to install the one that was in the box marked "Stern" but does not have the side rail bolt access holes it leading to conclude those are actually the B/W side mirrors).

Anyone have any suggestion on this?

#3 9 years ago

Ok, so the video they have shows the "Stern" ones has having the shorter front tip and no hole. Trying to install the 'short-tip' ones I can get it to line up at the front, but the rear hits those blocks. I am really not a fan of taking out those blocks unless I absolutely have to. Why are they there if they serve no purpose?

#6 9 years ago

I put the playfield back down and looked. Looks like the larger block on the right side just sits there to the right of Homer. The left one is smaller and higher. They appear to have no functional purpose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KeithinMI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballsidemirrorscom-install-problem-on-tspp?tu=KeithinMI and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.