Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MnHotRod
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wwf_6.jpg
    WWF_4.jpg
    T2_10.jpg
    Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20121114_181211.jpg
    20121114_181203.jpg
    20121114_182129.jpg
    2012-11-08_08.16.59.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Ordered a set of Stern "Side Mirrors" last week and received them today. They come very well packaged and include everything you need to install including a square head screwdriver. Installation took under 10 minutes. I can understand why people clamor for these things they are super cool.

It's also nice that we in the US have a domestic option to save a few bucks on shipping.

Thanks for a great product pinballsidemirrors.com

Before:

2012-11-08_08.16.59.jpg2012-11-08_08.16.59.jpg

After:

20121114_182129.jpg20121114_182129.jpg 20121114_181203.jpg20121114_181203.jpg 20121114_181211.jpg20121114_181211.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I bought six from them at the expo. Four are for Sterns and two for my Bally/ Williams games. I couldnt pass on the price of only $80 at the expo. I am planing of ordering a few more. The mirrors make the play field just " pop " with beauty IMO.

My only regret is that he had only 3 Bally / Williams mirrors when I was there and I only bought two. I wish I bought all three! A+ product and people to deal with.

#3 11 years ago

I have a nice Spider-Man. Tempting...

#4 11 years ago

What is the thickness on these compared to pinballdecals?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

What is the thickness on these compared to pinballdecals?

They seem identical. They're really nice.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I have a nice Spider-Man. Tempting...

ORDER THEM!!!

You won't be sorry. I got a lot of comments on mine from a few non pinball quest that we had over for a Halloween pinball party.

#7 11 years ago

Is this Drano or now a third guy? Are these really mirrors (glass) or polished metal like the others?

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

Is this Drano or now a third guy? Are these really mirrors (glass) or polished metal like the others?

They are polished metal. This is not Drano, this is another outfit in USA, Drano is in Canada.

Drano has the colors though.. pinballsidemirrors.com only currently carries chrome

#9 11 years ago

If I remember right after talking to him up at the expo, it sounds like a family owned business in the state of Arkansas. He told me that his kids were packing the mirrors to ship, but with sales growing like they are, he said he was going to have to start adding help because it was more than his family could do. Very nice people to deal with.

#10 11 years ago

Hey,

Guys glad you like them. Yes we do have colors coming online real soon. Sandy sweep away our order on the way in. Soon should have colors and I think you'll like the price. Keep watching as we have another surprise other than colors.

#11 11 years ago

I just ordered a pair for my xmen. I hope it's awesome. Can't wait.

#12 11 years ago

I just ordered one pair for my Black SM.. looking forward to giving these a shot.

#13 11 years ago

Picked up a set at expo for sttng

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 11 years ago

I ordered a few sets of these. They are absolutely fantastic! As you guys may know, I have 34 machines all with mirror blades either black, gold, or chrome. After testing each brand I consider myself an expert in these things. Here is an analysis of the three blades:

Chrome: pinballsidemirrors and Pdi appear to be identical product. Very shiny. Dranos chrome is no where near the shine or quality. Pinballsidemirrors are way cheaper than Pdi. Definitely get pinballsidemirrors for chrome no question.

Gold: dranos gold are way more gold colored than Pdi. Pdi gold look more like black compared to dranos. Dranos gold are $100 cheaper than Pdi. For gold get drano. No question

Black: Pdi and drano product shine is equal. Pdi is $100 more but drano is "per run basis". If drano has these in stock get his for black.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I ordered a few sets of these. They are absolutely fantastic! As you guys may know, I have 34 machines all with mirror blades either black, gold, or chrome. After testing each brand I consider myself an expert in these things. Here is an analysis of the three blades:
    Chrome: pinballsidemirrors and Pdi appear to be identical product. Very shiny. Dranos chrome is no where near the shine or quality. Pinballsidemirrors are way cheaper than Pdi. Definitely get pinballsidemirrors for chrome no question.
    Gold: dranos gold are way more gold colored than Pdi. Pdi gold look more like black compared to dranos. Dranos gold are $100 cheaper than Pdi. For gold get drano. No question
    Black: Pdi and drano product shine is equal. Pdi is $100 more but drano is "per run basis". If drano has these in stock get his for black.

thanks for the infos, good to know, my next pair will be chrome.

#16 11 years ago

How do you install these on a Stern machine? Are they screwed on or stuck on?

#17 11 years ago

4 screws on bottom of blades below the playfield that hold them in place

#18 11 years ago

No Screw's for me , I used 2-sided Sticky Tape !! 6- Piece's on Each side . But mine were from PBD

Tron_mods_3_010.JPGTron_mods_3_010.JPG

#19 11 years ago

I ordered from pinball-decal and used the tiny screws they sent....super easy install.

T2_10.jpgT2_10.jpg WWF_4.jpgWWF_4.jpg wwf_6.jpgwwf_6.jpg

#20 11 years ago

Wow, the Spiderman on top looks fantastic. I have been playing one most of the day. Much brighter. Assume it's LED's, not just the chrome. The chrome certainly adds pop. Love it. And love this thread, makes me want all the machines posted.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballsidemirrorscom-great-stuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.