By dbeeson

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbeeson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I run a small recording studio here in Guelph, Ontario which also houses my ever growing pinball machine collection.  In the late fall of last year,  I teamed up with some friends to start an online audio/video project.  Being  big pinball fans, it only seemed right to call it Pinball Sessions. 

On the audio side of things, we have live recording sessions with artists we like coming through Guelph or Toronto, and upload these sessions by-weekly (Monday and Thursday) with editorial and sometimes bonus video footage onto our website. Music fans from all over the globe can stop by the website to stream or download new, exclusive  recordings FREE from independent artists. On May 31st this year, our project became a reality when we launched pinballsessions.com.

With the audio side of the project up and running smoothly, the new goal is to make a video series that focuses on all things pinball, to make the marriage between our two favorite things complete: music and pinball.

The series would be made up of short 2:30 -3 minute micro-documentaries on all things pinball, whether it be events, interviews with designers, collectors, builders, artists or anything interesting that pertains to pinball.

So, what better place to find out where these people and events are hiding other than right here on Pinside?  We already have a couple of docs in the works with some folks from up here in Canada, but the plan is to head down into the North East US to do interviews and cover events in the near future.  Our first trip is planned for NYC in the fall, so if any of you have contacts there that would make interesting pinball video subjects, please let me know. 

If you have a chance, check out our latest session on the pinballsessions.com site with Gangstagrass. These guys did the theme song for the hit TV show, Justified.  We also have Southern Ontario's own Daniel Romano a few sessions back.  He'll be performing at Bonnaroo this year.  I've already stockpiled over 50 sessions since January,  and I can attest to lots of free music coming your way.

And for the last plug of shameless self promotion, check us out on Facebook.com/pinballsessions or on twitter at twitter.com/pinballsessions

Thanks for reading, and please send me a PM if you have any ideas or if there's something/someone you'd like to be a part of this project.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbeeson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballsessionscom-and-you?tu=dbeeson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.