Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Besides being heavily overpriced, does anyone have any reviews on them?

#2 12 years ago

I live down the road from them and have yet to stop in. I do agree that they are overpriced. What are you looking at? I can swing by some night and check it out

#3 12 years ago

I was interested in their Black Rose. They sent me pictures but as with all dealers they weren't showing me the problem areas. I could see from the margins of the other pictures that the cannon decals was in bad condition. What I do not know is if the decal has just chipped off or if their is a more serious issue. The guy I talked to was kind of a dick and ended up hanging up on me but I would still like a BR . If you are swinging by there sometime, check it out for me. Absolutely no rush because I would rather have a TAF but I am willing to settle.

#4 12 years ago

Sounds good. Will take a look and maybe some pictures if they let me

#5 12 years ago

Much appreciated. This is why I love Pinside.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

The guy I talked to was kind of a dick and ended up hanging up on me but I would still like a BR .

Wow, I would steer clear of them then. For the price they are asking, I would be apt to call back just to be an even bigger dick, you are the customer after all.

But it is a great game, love mine. Is it the cannon decal or the playfield around the cannon? Bay Area Amusements has the decals available for like $25.00. I got them for mine just have not installed them yet.

#7 12 years ago

Just the decal. the playfield looked fine, the very top of the circle had a little wear on the compass? decal that surrounds it. I just don't know if it is just the decal or the playfield taking some damage as well.
    I just started asking if he would be willing to negotiate on price or add a discounted shipping rate or something along those lines. He started yelling that someone out there will love to have that machine for that price and if he has to sit on it for 25 years then so be it, then I heard click. That was about the time I decided to only deal with Pinsiders / people at Expos.
    I would like to have a BR and I have the itch for a new pin so I went back to that one as an option.

#8 12 years ago

Here's a link to a thread and some pics of mine before I bought it. Anything outside of the cannon circle is playfield, mine has that chunk missing but it doesn't bother me. It's like a missing piece of a map... Paid $1500 for mine on ebay. Might have gotten it cheaper by bidding instead of buy it now, but it was local and I did not want to take the chance of not getting it, and picked it up the same day (Sunday) instead of possibly 2 1/2 weeks later.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-should-this-concern-me

And wow, that is simply horrible customer service, you should call him back just to bug him.

#9 12 years ago

Hard to believe they would actually hang up as a business. Maybe they have been getting a lot of calls trying to get the price lower.

#10 12 years ago

I just started asking if he would be willing to negotiate on price or add a discounted shipping rate or something along those lines. He started yelling that someone out there will love to have that machine for that price and if he has to sit on it for 25 years then so be it, then I heard click. That was about the time I decided to only deal with Pinsiders / people at Expos.
    I would like to have a BR and I have the itch for a new pin so I went back to that one as an option.

Futurepinhead...

Don't waste your time. I live in CT. You are dealing with automated servcies, who is owned by a guy who has warehouses full of routed games. He is also the biggest Stern dealer in the country.
    He is also a first class you know what. all his games are overpriced by 1k, at least. His game is to have people drop in the store-front and buy right off the floor because they want a pinball machine. Fair market value means nothing to him.

BR will show up, they do so less ofen than some other titles, but one will show up soon enough.
    Patience, grasshopper!

#11 12 years ago

Unfortunately you are still dealing with "people" at the end of the day...
    Sometimes they are in a good mood, other times "not-so-much". It is all in the approach!
    I'm pretty sure he needs a vacation either way.
    I have dealt with most of the people from Stern's "Where to buy" list and usually end up with a mixed bag. Some are good, others should quit the business.
    The plus is that most of the receptionists are really nice, however the hitch falls in with the switching phones to the boss to "approve/deny" pricing.
    It is a 50/50 gamble every time...
    Dem's the breaks if you want online pins.

#12 12 years ago

Holy...I feel that some of our prices are crazy, and he's charging more than 1k over what we are on most machines. Where does he get off charging money like that? How does he even stay in business?

#13 12 years ago

Man sorry to hear about your bad run in respo. I never have dealt with the huge distributors but I've heard similar things to what NP says. Some that overprice their pins big time will negotiate and others will just hold onto them until they find the right sucker oops I mean buyer.

#14 12 years ago

I bought a NIB SM from them a year back. No issues, but I can easily see him being that way if you say the wrong thing to him. I'm amazedy how many Stern NIB' they buy. But for whatever reason he can seem to hang on to them for however longs he wants. I think they might have 1 or 2 TSPP NIB's left but at $7500+ ....

#15 12 years ago

I bought a NIB SM and a NIB LOTR LE from him and just bought a TF Decpticon from him. I got into it on the phone just last week as I found out I am getting #108 and its being delivered tomorrow to my house. I was pissed as when I preordered they where only making 99 and then raised it to 125 after a week or two from me ordering it. I told him I wanted a #99 or under yet he kept telling me it shipped already and it would cost him $500 to cancel the shipment. Then he told me that he is getting a bunch in on tues. aka tomorrow and he will see how the plate is on the machine and we could swap them for a lower number. I am not interested in doing that and am over it at this point. Its kinda weird stern is making them starting at the highest number then counting down as a freind who is a distrubutor told me his has not been made yet and he is getting #98. I am only going to buy pins from my friend now and would of bought the TF from him yet stern would not sell him another at the time due to restricting how many a dist. can buy..

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

I'm amazed by how many Stern NIB' they buy. But for whatever reason he can seem to hang on to them for however longs he wants.

It is indeed amazing how long he will sit on inventory. The dude still has NIB 24's, CSI's and Dale Jr.'s.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballscom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.