New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 70895)

Pinballs at Disney...Anybody know where has what?

By ejg10532626

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PennSkier
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20131115_213733.jpg
20131114_182956_zps8196f24e.jpg
20131110_123519_zps6f930535.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I am heading there with the whole family for a week.

Anyone - who's been there semi-recently - know what is where?
I know Magic Kingdom has a LE Tron...and I'm sure POTC and WOZ will be in various places.
Still - any extra info would be helpful.

Tks
JEG-

#2 6 years ago

You mean Disney World? I have not seen any pin there at any of the actual parks, maybe at the hotels. I saw a Tron pro at Disney 'Movie' resorts.

I saw Tron LE at Disney Land. I would not hold my breath for WoZ either.

There were some pins PotC and Elvis and SWepisode 1 around last year near Space mountain all were not working, last month all were gone. No pins at all.

#3 6 years ago

The last couple of times I have been to Disney World, in addition to several at the arcade at the Contemporary, there has been a line of pins at the arcade just next to space mountain in the Magic Kingdom. They had POTC, IJ, SWE1, and a few others a few months ago.

#4 6 years ago

I played that tron in late September in an arcade over by space mountain and it had a beat up but still working cyclone sitting next to it. ( Disneyland )

#5 6 years ago

I was there 2 weeks ago and one out of five worked in space mountain I was so psyched to see a row of pins until I saw they were full of credits and non working. My hotel (caribbean beach) had a tron and potcin the gameroom working well.

#6 6 years ago

I'd also be interested to hear any "off-Disney" pinball locations that might not have made it to the PinMap as of yet.

Headed down for a week in 2 weeks from now (Dec 5-13).

This time, me and the buds have chosen a less Disney-centric trip - with a couple of meals planned on Disney property and tix for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party one of the nights.....but will be exploring other attractions in Orlando - LegoLand, some Universal, Sea World along with Old Town + the 2 Fun Spot locations and so on. Lots of miniature golf, go-karts, waterslides (if it is not cold) and good eatin'.

Staying at "Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World" - a nice change for us in visiting Orlando.

#7 6 years ago

Disney Quest at downtown Disney had over 15 pins this time last year. its one price to get in and games are on free play its a 4 story game room with lots of vintage games. the top floor is where the pins are. Good Luck!!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/downtown-disney/disney-quest-indoor-interactive-theme-park/

#8 6 years ago

I was there last week. Port Orleans Riverside's arcade has an Avengers Pro that worked 100% that I played. They also had a Tron pro, POTC and Starwars Episode 1. I didn't play those though.

The wilderness lodge arcade had no pins

The Polynesian Resort had a potc and Tron Pro
20131114_182956_zps8196f24e.jpg

The arcade by space mountain had Avengers, X-Men, Avatar, Indy (stern), and POTC. I played the avatar which worked good.

20131110_123519_zps6f930535.jpg

#9 6 years ago

Damn, I was there last month an no pins by Space mountin, I'd love to have seen them, especially Av an XM pro.

#10 6 years ago

Check the space mountain arcade.....usually four there, and maybe one will work. Most of the Disney resorts have pins in their game room, I just stayed in the animal kingdom and they had tron and pirates of Caribbean.

#11 6 years ago

Disney Pop Century had a Tron and Elvis. The Tron was playable but down a lot, the Elvis was unplayable when I stayed there. The hotel is pretty cool, lots of interesting pop culture displays in the lobbies.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I was there 2 weeks ago and one out of five worked in space mountain I was so psyched to see a row of pins until I saw they were full of credits and non working. My hotel (caribbean beach) had a tron and potcin the gameroom working well.

, I was there a week ago and played them in SM. they were all working! Avengers, x men, avatar, IJ(stern) and one other I can't remember, maybe potc. Avengers was dialed in, shooter rod was best functioning I've seen. $0.5 per play.

#13 6 years ago

Earlier this year Disney all star sports resort had a Tron. Island of Adventure or whatever it's called (next to Universal) had an arcade with a single pin - a beat to crap Shrek.

#14 6 years ago

If you are going this weekend, Nov 22-24, there is this event! http://www.southernpinballfestival.net/SPF/index.php

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Crazy, I was there last week and all of them (Avengers, X-Men, Avatar, Indy (stern), and POTC.) were clean and working just fine.

#16 6 years ago

is disney quest still open? they had maybe 10 sterns set up for free play (with an expensive admission).

#17 6 years ago

Georges bar/hideaway
5507 Edgewater Dr.
407 291 6562
They have a WOZ and AC/DC premium and are about 20 minutes north of Orlando.
Most all the Disney hotels have pins that usually work.
I don't think the pins at Disney Quest work too good, if at all.

#18 6 years ago

The pins at disney quest last week were in need of serious maintenance. The right flipper on avengers is stuck up, needs rebuilding bad!

#19 6 years ago

Yeah Disney Quest is trash. Don't pay the $40 entry fee to play the pins. If you can't find any other compelling reasons to go then take that money and make 3 nice dinners out of it.

#20 6 years ago

Animal Kingdom had a Tron and a few others down in it's arcade but that was 8 months ago. Not sure if they are still there.

#21 6 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
It appears it's just like I figured...the 2 Disney movie theme games and superheros.

Are there any good "off site" pin arcades in the 20 mile surrounding area?
I'll need one night away from my family.

I will miss the Southern Pinball festival...as I arrive the Sunday it ends.
Bummer-

#22 6 years ago

We went this time last year and the pins were in great shape, guess things change. at $40 to get in I guess its not a great deal we stayed on property and had free tickets to Disney Quest and my family had a great time there.

#23 6 years ago

It's about 55 miles away but Cow Lick's ice cream in Daytona Beach Shores. They have some pins in good shape. Scared Stiff, Monster Bash, both Pin2ks, and a couple others.

#24 6 years ago

There was a Tron LE, a Cyclone, a Whirlwind, and a custom Williams Indiana Jones with wood trim last time I visited.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There was a TRON LE, a Cyclone, a Whirlwind, and a custom Williams Indiana Jones with wood trim last time I visited.

Disneyland, not at disneyworld.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Disneyland, not at disneyworld.

He didn't specify.

#27 6 years ago

My most recent visit to WDW was in January, 2013. The Contemporary arcade had a POTC and an Elvis. The POTC was in excellent playing condition and, astoundingly, the price to play was only 25 cents per game. There is a POTC at Beaches 'n Cream at the Beach Club, but it is not set up well at all. It's the only pin in the rather large arcade there. It's not in bad shape, but it wasn't remotely level and we had a tough time trying to level it up. We finally gave up and used our shoes to level it as best we could.

#28 6 years ago

I visited Disney World in August, took some videos. They had just gotten in a slew of the new Marvel games. So I got to play Avengers and X-Men Pro at the Space Mountain arcade the week they added them into the lineup. The POTC is a basket case there. For some reason they don't have the metal diverter on the shooter lane, so you'll see a ton of balls stuck in the shooter lane if the auto plunger can't make it up to the KEY part.

The Contemporary has the best tables on Disney property. The guys working there love pinball and they always make sure their games are always working. When I visited they just got Avengers Pro and I set the second place score. I would have had Grand Champion but I had to stop playing since the arcade was closing. If anything is wrong just ask one of the guys and they'll be happy to help out a fellow player in need.

The biggest problem they have now is the people running the arcades. They were telling me that they didn't want the attendants to have the keys to the games anymore, so if a ball gets stuck on a game they have to call somebody to come in, open the machine up and move the ball. It's really stupid. They also told me that they won't really give them money to repair stuff like the 3rd flipper on Elvis. They said some new tech wired it wrong and blew the flipper so they told them they either ran the game with no 3rd flipper or totally get rid of the game.

Here's the video I shot at the Contemporary arcade, if you look through my channel you'll find the other videos I shot at Disney. Also, unless you get a deal on admission, AVOID DISNEY QUEST. The worst tables in the whole park. While they have a lot of them, kids beat them up and they play like garbage.

#29 6 years ago

I was at Disneyland a bit over a week ago. Only pinballs I managed to find were a Tron LE and Cyclone in the Starcade (next to Space Mountain). The Cyclone was unplayable. The Tron LE felt a bit worn down, but was OK. Some way off center standups made some shots tough though. Pinballs were a bit pricey at $1 a game, especially after you pay like $100 in admission just to spend time playing pinball... the video game selection was very classic though and only $0.25 a play.

Curious how long my GC will stick...

IMG_20131115_213733.jpg

#30 6 years ago

Spent some time recently at Disney Quest playing pinball and my only advice (sadly) is don't waste your time. They have around 10 titles (Spiderman, Iron Man, Avitar, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc) and none of the games I played were what I would consider playable. Most had weak flippers (not strong enough to make the ramp shots), some didn't even have functional slings. Overall, very disappointing for Disney.

#31 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for feedback. Pinball will not be a 'focal point" for this trip - but it IS nice to know where the games are "just in case".

We have our sites set on roller coasters (Hulk etc), Mini Golf, alcohol, some nighttime shows (Illuminations and maybe Cirque) as well as One Magical Evening Xmas Party with a well-known Mouse. Pinball takes a backseat.

Sounds like there is some real variety in when you 'hit" some of these locations - the games are either "all working perfectly" or "almost all the games were broken it sucked" with very little middle ground. There must be a regular maintenance cycle and some of you are hitting them RIGHT AFTER maintenance/fixing and some of you hitting ithe locations JUST BEFORE this happens.

LOL.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 50.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside