Topic Stats

• 1,342 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,578 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7396F2F0-A120-4289-848F-DDC29EA6F18E (resized).jpeg
2C99768C-819E-4610-B9A4-421AC3F68762 (resized).jpeg
4B54DEA1-F5DF-4805-A6A1-16B396BC42A6 (resized).jpeg
5D3117F1-5615-47A7-B2B8-6DBED6F08A19 (resized).jpeg
50A93200-7AB9-46D5-A346-E0D3ABB012C4 (resized).jpeg
2BF10049-2DE9-425F-8A27-5FEF50CBCC64 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5898 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5895 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6108 (resized).jpeg
129735557_1041100853036480_7047655223817078569_n (resized).jpg
129972291_1041100783036487_5392951192727728993_n (resized).jpg
129695673_1041100969703135_5526211304167251434_n (resized).jpg
62872553077__DD7563D2-7018-4E71-8619-89C91F9D859B (resized).jpeg
129757237_1041100726369826_465583110716350692_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sc93cobra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

734 posts in this topic match your search for posts by sc93cobra. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Hey everyone!
First of all, I want to say thank you for all of the support and say it's a huge honor to be apart of the business that Mike Chestnut started in the beginning of it all. This business does continue to benefit his family and now mine as well. We have officially gotten all of the stock: plated parts ready for purchase and exchange, his other pinball parts and the equipment related to the business have been moved from his shop to mine.
Feel free to message for a quote, our site will soon have pricing as well and we'd love to help you with your projects.
Below are some frequently asked questions to hopefully help everyone with the process and what we can do to help you.

WHO ARE YOU?/HOW DID YOU END UP IN THE HOBBY?
My name is Chris Royalty. I've been in the hobby since around 2003. I started in classic arcade collecting while I was a youth minister, to have games in our youth area on freeplay. We were a block away from the local high school and kids were wandering around with nothing to do. We created a cool space for them to hang out and play Galaga and Ms Pac. Shortly after my wife and I felt led to start a new church. In 2004 we moved back to the Nashville area, where I grew up, to start the church I pastor to this day (something that would look like the same ministry we did with teenagers), I began selling my games to help us make our bills. I went back to work helping a friend in a local machine shop and somewhere in there decided I needed something I could do on my schedule to help us pay the bills. I kept running into lots of games randomly here or there and started buying them, learning to fix them up and selling them to help us survive. This turned into a side biz that I never knew would be what it is today, Hot Rod Arcade. I got knee deep into pins, how could you not, and the rest is history. I love the hunt, finding games that haven't seen the light of day in many years and getting them back into the hobby. During all this I became friends with Mike and his dad, thanks to another good friend in the hobby. I am very humbled to be taking on something that Mike started and did. He was such a larger than life type of individual. There are no replacements for a guy like that, so the best I can do is hope to uphold the things that I know were important to him, with quality, relationships and satisfied customers.
These days my life is pretty full with my family, my wife, who is an amazing woman, and I have 5 little girls and a little boy on the way, which we are very excited about. Ministry is good and my calling is to minister to people and show them Jesus, plain and simple. I love to do that even through this hobby. Relationships, in my opinion, are better than machines and we should be able to enjoy both through the our hobby. HRA and www.pinballplating.com are both ways I get to continue to enjoy the hobby and help provide for our family. We greatly appreciate your support and hope to do the best we can to serve you. Please feel free to reach out if I can do anything for you, hobby related or not.

HOW DO I PAY? - (Mike usually went by check only)
This has just changed, as of Jan 1, 2019. When the order is ready, I will email a invoice to you. Then you can pay PayPal Friends and Family or send a check. Simple as that. The sooner I'm paid, the sooner we ship it out.

WHAT IF THERE IS A QUALITY ISSUE WITH MY PART OR PARTS?
Send it back, we will redo it no charge. I'm pretty good at spotting the little things but I may miss something. I'm sorry if I do and if so, get it back to me and we'll get it redone. We want you to be 100% satisfied with the work you get back.

WHAT KIND OF TURN AROUND IS IT TO HAVE WORK DONE?
If it's an exchange part I have on the shelf ready to go, I try to get it back out the same day your arrives. If it's parts that have to be plated it can usually be anywhere from 4-6 weeks. We have 2 shops working for us now. Each have their own things that they specialize in doing. One is definitely faster than the other. Powder coating is generally faster to get done than plated parts, you might get powder coated parts back in under 2 weeks. Turnaround can be held up by getting something back that may need to be redone. When that happens I request it be done more quickly. I've had some parts recently that we've had back to customers in under 3 weeks, then some that have taken 2 months. Just depends on how busy the shops are.

WHAT DO YOU STOCK FOR EXCHANGE? (BUYING ITEMS NOW TO ADD)
We are stocking all the gun and caster shooters we can get our hands on and have most all of them in stock in multiple plated options. We also have the largest collection of wireform sets available, already plated in the usual choices. We also carry things like the TOM spirit ring, TOTAN sword, skill shot for TOTAN, skill shot for WCS AND I am looking to expand our inventory on things we have available. Hit me up with what you have - I WILL BUY YOUR STUFF if it's something we don't have and need to stock!

HOW DOES THE EXCHANGE THING WORK?
Parts I have for exchange are already plated or powder coated and ready for immediate turn around after I receive your part. I try to stock as many already plated or powder coated parts as I can, mainly ones I see getting sent in on a regular basis. Such as a gun shooter or set of wireforms. Since I generally do not take payment up front, this is a first come first serve thing. I never know what's coming in. For example: If you call me and ask if I have a IJ Gun in brass and I say yes, then I did that day we talked. But, if someone else sends theirs in before you, then they will get it first. This means you may have to wait for one to go through the process of being plated - see turn around time. I would love to stock many more of these and already have multiple or more of each one, but inevitably someone will end up having to wait from time to time. Just be patient and I'll do my best to get you one back like you want as quickly as possible. It pays to get your stuff sent it sooner if you want it back more quickly, with any parts, exchange or not.

HOW DO I CARE FOR MY PARTS?
CHROME - Chrome is easy, wipe it with chrome polish from time to time, otherwise any general glass cleaner works well.
BRASS and BLACK NICKEL - These should be waxed from time to time where your hands touch the parts. I use a reputable automotive spray wax like Meguiars or Mothers and a very soft rag. The reason for this is these types of platings are cleared with a automotive lacquer clear coat to help protect them and keep them from turning or rubbing off - brass turns green etc - so waxing them periodically is good to help keep the acid from sweat of your hands from breaking down the clear lacquer on your plated part.
Powder coating can just be wiped with any general non abrasive cleaner, (even waxed if you have small scratches), it's tough and meant to withstand the elements and is the same powder coating you get in automotive contexts.

WHAT COLORS ARE AVAILABLE IN POWDER COATING?
Pretty much any color, the sky is the limit. And yes we can do the translucent style that give that candy look. It is a little more expensive, as to get it takes being coated over CHROME. Just help us figure out the exact color you want as I want you to be happy with your parts in the end.

CAN I SEND YOU THINGS OTHER THAN GAME PARTS?
Yes. We'll plate or power coat whatever you want as long as it's something that can be done.

WHAT PARTS DO YOU KEEP IN STOCK I CAN BUY RIGHT NOW?
Chrome - All trim, lock down bars, rails, legs, hinges, glass channels, lift channels, speaker channels, H channels, bolts, and others
Brass - Same as Chrome
Black Nickel - Not much of this. Mostly gun exchanges and certain titles I have wireform exchanges. Trying to keep some trim but it's hard to get nice pieces.
Powder coating - We are doing our best to stock GLOSS BLACK Bally/Williams trim.

It's been awesome to hear so many of you share stories of Mike and getting to know so many more folks that I've not gotten to meet before now. Thank you for trusting us with your parts. I will strive to offer the same service in the same way Mike did for many years. Please feel free to reach out anytime and leave a message if I don't answer. I want to help, thank you for your support!
God bless!

Chris Royalty
http://www.pinballplating.com
chris@hotrodarcade.com --- Please SEND ORDERS AND QUESTIONS HERE so I can keep up with your information.

For Shipping info - where and what needs to be come with my order:
http://www.pinballplating.com/contact/

Paperboy Complete (resized).jpg

IMG_7397 (resized).JPG
IMG_7478 (resized).JPG
IMG_7486 (resized).JPG
IMG_7496 (resized).jpg
IMG_7402 (resized).JPG
IMG_7291 (resized).jpg
IMG_7401 (resized).JPG
IMG_6788 (resized).JPG
IMG_6714 (resized).JPG
IMG_6711 (resized).JPG
IMG_6715 (resized).JPG
IMG_6710 (resized).JPG
IMG_7309 (resized).JPG
IMG_6720 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
IMG_6728 (resized).JPG
IMG_6738 (resized).JPG
IMG_6760 (resized).jpg
IMG_6755 (resized).JPG
IMG_6763 (resized).JPG
IMG_6728 (resized).JPG
IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
IMG_6768 (resized).JPG
IMG_6704 (resized).JPG
IMG_6635 (resized).JPG
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
IMG_6314 (resized).JPG
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6310 (resized).JPG
IMG_6311 (resized).jpg
IMG_6288 (resized).jpg
IMG_6080 (resized).jpg
IMG_6519 (resized).JPG
IMG_6303 (resized).JPG
IMG_6217 (resized).JPG
IMG_6216 (resized).JPG
IMG_6251 (resized).JPG

#5 4 years ago

Thanks guys! Great questions and I'll answer them in just a bit when I'm not on my phone. Had to run out to deliver a machine.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Congratulations! I'm all in on that black nickel for my Shadow. It's nice to know that it's stocked and ready to go. I'd recommend Black and Red powder coated armor stocked for sale. They seem to be two of the more common colors that I've seen done.

I've had several glad to hear we are going to be stocking the black nickel stuff. I love it and I know a bunch of others do too. It's more expensive but it just looks awesome. I may have a set of stuff done like that in powder coating. Just hard to know if folks are going to want gloss, satin, translucent, etc. We'll see. They do it much more quickly than plating so it can be done pretty quickly. Thanks for the recommendations!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

What machines are these stocked for? Stern/Williams? Lollipop rails? Stern lockdowns with holes? New style/old style stern latch?

Well, I need to go edit that, lol. So, all of that listed is for late model Bally/Williams stuff. BUT... I am currently stocking all the basic trim stuff for Stern as well, lock bars, rails (lollipop), hinges, legs. The Stern lock bars I have are no holes and old style latch - like what's on my Dark Knight (if that helps). I of course can do anything you send in. I do have lollipop rails ready to go in chrome and brass, I believe one set in black nickel too. Hope that helps. I'm honestly playing catchup a little bit now that the dust has settled to see what is here, what needs to get done/ordered, etc. The organization is getting better every day. It's been more stuff than one would think to sort out, not just plated parts or parts for plating but a bunch of other pin parts as well.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Man that is awesome! Congrats I used Mike on several machines I did for my customers and it always came out awesome and really made the games look amazing . That inventory looked to be like a lot of work but I'm glad you got it done . It is so great that you are taking over and continuing doing this for the community and Mikes family .

I don't know that thank you says it, but thank you. It's been one huge emotional roller coaster at times.
For anyone reading this, if you are the praying type, pray for his mom and dad. It's very hard. Still lots for them to deal with. This was a huge piece of the puzzle but there's still more for them to figure out. They are such awesome people and are like family to me.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Looks great! Do you stock early Bally solid state side rails, etc.. (for example, Evel Knievel)?

I don't have them ready on hand, but we can usually get them, unless they are sold out. We are doing a set right now. There's several variations of those rails so thus far, I've been waiting to get them as needed. Would be glad to help in getting a set done for you. They do take a little more time than our late model rails, just FYI, the stainless stuff can be a booger.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Bally and Classic Stern parts, rails, coin doors and trim, lockdown bars of course, shooter housings.

Yes, all that
Thanks!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Do you have a full set of brass plated trim for a MMr in stock. If so can you quote some prices on what a standard set of trim would cost in chrome or brass. Legs , siderails , hinges.

I can do that. Let me get the family past dinner and I'll message you a quote. Glad to talk on the phone this evening too if anyone has questions.
615-598-0024

Thanks!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Prices? website coming?

We have a basic website up now, pricing will be on it soon. http://www.pinballplating.com
As most that ordered with Mike know, he hardly ever even gave quotes. You just sent him your stuff and prayed you could afford the bill
And sometimes, when you are talking bout a mound of parts, such as every metal part in a machine, which more people than you'd think do, it's hard to quote it without it being right here where we can see everything together.
I do want folks to know what they are getting into, and see their options. The powder stuff is still new so we are working out prices on things as we go with that stuff, but should eventually have set prices even on those pieces. I don't want to overcharge anyone by accident or shoot myself in the foot either . It should be comparable to plating in most situations.

#17 4 years ago

A little before and after on some Mills Slot Machine parts. Turnaround on custom chrome like this is currently 2-3 weeks. This was 2 weeks.
Pics don't do it justice.

IMG_7175 (resized).JPG

IMG_7734 (resized).jpg

IMG_7738 (resized).JPG

IMG_7736 (resized).JPG

IMG_7735 (resized).JPG

#18 4 years ago

I will be in Indianapolis over the next several days playing with bigger toys, if anyone in the area needs anything hit me up, I don't mind trying to meet up. We'll be at the raceway. Thanks!
Chris

#19 4 years ago

I know it's not really pin related but it was fun and figured I'd share it. Went to the 40th anniversary for the Mustang Club of America up in Indy this weekend and we took a friend's Shelby 66 GT350. I got to go for a ride with him on the track at the speedway and then we did several runs on a autocross course set up in one of the parking lots, which he let me wheel it a couple of times for... pretty fun stuff!

IMG_7807 (resized).JPG

IMG_7808 (resized).JPG

IMG_7907 (resized).JPG

#20 4 years ago

Demo Man Handles coming in and going out for chrome plating - $140 plus ship for an exchange on the set of these.
Give me a call if I can help you with something!
615-598-0024 or chris@hotrodarcade.com
Chris

IMG_7954 (resized).JPG
IMG_7951 (resized).JPG
IMG_7953 (resized).JPG
IMG_7950 (resized).JPG

#21 4 years ago

A little before and after. A rare Sega cocktail arcade game needed a new lease on life, nothing a little chrome plating can't fix . The owner wanted to have the legs, hinges, coin slot, other misc all done. Not pictured is the hardware (nuts/bolts) we did as well. This thing should look amazing when it's all back together.
Hit me up if I can help. Chrome - brass - black nickel - powder coating - would love to help you out!
Chris
Call, text or email... 615-598-0024 or chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_1423 (resized).JPG
IMG_1425 (resized).JPG
IMG_7976 (resized).JPG
IMG_7986 (resized).jpg
IMG_7982 (resized).JPG
IMG_7979 (resized).JPG

#22 4 years ago

Stern apron for a loyal customer plated in brass.
Hit me up if I can help. Chrome - brass - black nickel - powder coating - would love to help you out!
Chris

IMG_7969 (resized).jpg

IMG_7973 (resized).JPG

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I've read it's possible to plate plastics. Is this something you can do? I'm thinking about a last action hero plastic gun shooter.

The type of plating we do you can't do it, BUT... I met a guy in the car world this weekend that I believe can. Let me reach out to him and see what it would take to do it. I'll get back to this... Thanks!
Chris

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wish there were metal gun grips for T3, I'd LOVE to have them chromed.

There are so many pieces like that that I wish I had the time to figure out getting manufactured. I think many others feel the same way. I mean, it's Terminator - it need some chrome right?
Chris

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a friend who could do the computer machining but he says that the 3d scanning of both pieces would cost a bundle. He's looking so I hope he comes through for me. If my buddy can pull this off I wonder how many people would want it.

I would gladly stock them in chrome for people to buy ready to go if he gets far enough along - and if they are in steel, etc. It would be good I think!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. There aren't many Pinsiders that own T3 and I don't know how many of those would be in for the mod. Can you chrome aluminum? That's way easier to machine.

If it's metal we can chrome it. Stainless is a pain and takes many tries sometimes, but if it's metal it can be done.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I heard from a Pinsider who has a machine shop and he said it would cost to much so I'm hoping my buddy can take it on. If he can't do it I'll look into casting....that's the way all the other game gun handles were done I believe. There's still hope.

That's what I thought. Thanks

Anyone looking to produce new parts like this that will be raw metal, on most projects, I will be willing to do all the plating in bulk for the ones wanting to make them or just be the storefront where they can purchase the part from. I love seeing these new parts become available. I currently have 4 wiring harnesses out to a guy in Canada who is reproducing rare arcade harnesses. I may get a free harness for each one I loan him, but more importantly it's good for the hobby and the guy has proven to do good work. This is the kind of stuff we need to be willing to help each other with and I want to be one of those guys seeing these things forward.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow that's great, I just hope I can get this past the talk stage. If I can get this done the "bulk" may only be one or two. This is just a bling item so most likely not a mass appeal.
Anyone out there do metal sand casting.

I always say, if you are going to do one, do 10 or more. Mike and I used to talk about this all the time. You see so many people in the hobby make a "few" of something that so many folks do want. Pinheads love to mod or make their game better. You do one, I'll be in for more while it's all set up, how about that?

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Pretty sure I know who that pinsider is and agree it is cost prohibitive.

So much of this stuff is, which is so unfortunate. I'd love to have Tapper cupholders remade, especially in something other than pot metal but I think it's the same scenario.

#39 4 years ago

A little arcade chrome. Space Wars came out in the midst of the other space themed video games in the early eighties. Not seen much these days they are sought after by collectors. The original speaker grilles were plated in a zinc finish. A customer of ours is restoring a couple of these currently and decided to go all out with chrome plating on these too. The inserts will be painted black. They look great and should really be a nice touch on the games they are going on!
Hit me up if I can help you with a project. Chrome - brass - black nickel - powder coating - would love to help you out!
Chris

IMG_7963 (resized).JPG

IMG_7967 (resized).JPG

IMG_7965 (resized).JPG

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I redo my BOP I'm gonna chrome it out and put on the skinny side rails and throw away the wide stainless ones. I'll look you up then.

I did the same thing on a BK2000 we redid. At first I wasn't sure about it but in the end I'm glad we did it. It could always be changed by someone that might not like it later, but to be honest, the wide stainless rails are a big pain to get plated.
Would love to help you with it!!

Bk2000 rails (resized).jpg

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Exceptionally Nice Work!
I can appreciate how hard it is to get such a fine result!

Thank you, we have some talented people helping us make this whole thing go.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks great, another Pinsider put the slim side rails on his so I'll have to look at his again and see how they look. I like how the stock wide ones act as a flipper button area protector for the decal thou. I wonder if I could keep them wide there then have them cut to go narrower for the rest of the length, kind of like a mini lolly pop rail. Do you know anyone that could cut them? But then chroming would be a problem then cuz they are stainless right.

They could be done, but yes, they are tougher to do. After only a few months of doing this I see now why Mike encouraged me to leave stainless stuff alone. Tales many tries sometimes to get it and even then causes issues. Just means you have to wait a while to get those pieces back, which I hate for my customers.

#48 4 years ago

Some of the reproduction side rails, like for classic Bally pins, are stainless but a magnet won't stick to them. Are these something that can be chromed ?

If it's metal, it technically should be able to be plated.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, I really should get my Shadow rails brassed, they look so good when done up nice. Already had my gun chromed by Mike before he passed (RIP).

I can hook you up and have them in stock ready to go

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks. What rails did you use on your BK2000? Would they work on my BOP?

They are regular late model Bally Williams rails. They can, but it's all in gt ting the old ones off without messing anything up. We redid the cab on the bk2000 worth new art and filled all the holes etc. but lengthwise and fit should work on BOP. I do have them in stock of you decide to go that route.
Chris

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks again Chris. I have the new remade art to go on and what's a few holes to fill. My lock down bar isn't in the best of shape so I'd probably need a new one of those too. I wish my garage/work shop was done so I could start working on my game.

I know the feeling. Since moving all of Mike's stuff to my shop it's got us a bit cramped too. We have a Gilligan and T2 both torn down, waiting on some pieces to come back from being plated, and a Nitro Groundshaker waiting in there too. Not to mention the arcades we are also working on. Trying to keep everything picked up and clean but it's hard with so much going on.
Just let me know if you want to get some stuff. I've got it ready to go, and seriously, thank you for the support. I (and my family) appreciate it more than you know.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You bet. Do you happen to work on a MACH 3 laser disc game? Mine won't go past the 2nd line of the boot screen.

I'm afraid I'm out on that. I don't do most board work. I can do some but I wouldn't offer myself for it to anyone. Mike's dad has actually been my secret weapon for years with board work, but he's not really doing that now considering everything that has happened, which is understandable. Sorry I can't help. Have you looked into the Daphne/Dexter stuff? I can't ever remember what it's called, Mach 3 is supported on it if I'm not mistaken.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, had to ask. I've seen Dexter and talked to the guy, it only replaces the laser player not any of the boards. I'll keep looking and hopefully one day I'll find someone that can fix my game.

Yeah, you are right. I forgot what that was about. All those old players are tough. I have a pair of Star Rider Cockpits I'm hoping to bring back to life. Had a guy send me a whole set of stuff but who knows if we can figure it out. Stuff like those games can be really tough. I'm sure there's someone on KLOV that would have a clue that you could send them to.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Just posting here so I remember to look you up when I'm ready for some work! Looks great!

Thanks so much! Would love to help you with anything that I can. Feel free to call, text or email anytime!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

#60 4 years ago

This old workbench may not look like anything special but it belonged to Mike. His dad allowed me to have it along with many of the tools Mike used on the parts that many of you sent him to ready them for the plating process when I purchased the business. His dad said he built this thing years ago when he lived in California and moved it out here when he came to TN. His dad said "I thought he would have just built another one when he got to TN, but he moved the darn thing with him, I just didn't understand why." I think I know why. I think it was exactly what he wanted it to be and he saw no reason to do it all over again. Funny how we grow fond of things like that.
Anyways, I figured I'd share it with you guys, I feel honored to have it and think about him every time I look at it, much less work at it.
One of the things he spent many hours at it doing was working on bolts. That's right bolts. You didn't think they got this way on their own did you?

IMG_8072 (resized).JPG

IMG_8071 (resized).JPG

IMG_7988 (resized).JPG

#61 4 years ago

Space Wars speaker grille. Sometimes it's just doing that one little thing that adds a nice touch. Thanks so much to Kevin for letting us do them!
Would love to help you with any chrome, brass, black nickel plating or powder coating in any color. Feel free to call, text or email anytime!
Chris
615-598-0024
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8042 (resized).JPG

IMG_8041 (resized).JPG

IMG_8038 (resized).JPG

#62 4 years ago

Some days this hobby has me shaking my head. I woke up this morning, went and met a guy and by lunchtime agreed to buy 60 pinball machines. This isn't the first time but I'll still never get past the "what did I just do" feeling shortly after, lol.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have got to be kidding...60.

No, not a joke. This happens about once a year where I buy out a warehouse, pins and arcades but this one is so huge, probably about 600 pieces, that I'm just not going to try to buy all of that. I don't want all of it either, lol. Many of these will be parts machines but many will be savable. I even gave in to buying his 5 EMs as well, just to keep the deal going and him happy. I'll be buying more arcades later, I love to save the rarer stuff that you don't see much of these days.
The key phrase the guy asked me after I asked where do you want to start was "well, do you just want to go over all the pinballs today? If you buy them all I'll make sure they are cheap"

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Just took a shower in AWESOME SAUCE!

That's the first time I've heard that. I'll try to remember that's what it's called when it feels like dirt, sweat, humidity and loading box trucks. lol

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man, gotta get me some of those plating parts.

I'm glad to help you with that, anytime!
Chris
615-598-0024 call or text
chris@hotrodarcade.com

#70 4 years ago

Fish Tales reel in black nickel headed out to a customer. I also keep a couple of these in chrome for exchange.
Would love to help you with any chrome, brass, black nickel plating or powder coating in any color. Feel free to call, text or email anytime!
Chris
615-598-0024
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8084 (resized).jpg

IMG_8083 (resized).jpg

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you find a stand up MACH 3 let me know!!!

Well, I'm afraid there was only one laserdisc game but we did save it. It's a cockpit Star Rider. I do run into Mach 3 every once in a while. Best thing to do if you want me to find you something is message me through my biz Facebook what you are looking for with your contact info. https://www.facebook.com/HotRodArcade/
Makes it easier to find when I'm in the middle of a pick to call someone and see if they still want one, etc. Otherwise it's just another lost memory of mine I can't keep up with in the long list of people that say "hey can you find this.... for me"
Sorry I can't help this time!
Chris

#74 4 years ago

Now carrying Data East Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT wireforms (habit rails) for exchange in powder coating. Send me yours, you get these!
We can also chrome - brass - black nickel plating on a set if you want to change it up. Just let me know how I can help!
Chris

IMG_8178 (resized).JPG
IMG_8180 (resized).JPG
IMG_8183 (resized).JPG

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Those look like they would glow under bl.

If I had a blacklight I would try it for you. Don't think I do. I'll see if I can borrow one. I thought the same thing...

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Taxi wireforms in yellow?
Been thinking about having mine done.

We can do that, or any other color you like! Glad to help get it done! We can also do rails, legs, basically anything metal.
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

#79 4 years ago

We were asked to chrome a couple of button sets for some old baseball pitch and bat machines. I love these old machine - I'm a huge baseball history guy too, which is part of it, but it's cool to get to see pieces like these find new life. They came out so nice. Wish I had taken pics before but here we have some of them now.
Let me know if I can help with chrome - brass - black nickel plating or powder coating in any color. Would love to help with your next project!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8167 (resized).JPG

IMG_8162 (resized).JPG

IMG_8164 (resized).JPG

#80 4 years ago

If you'd like to check out the warehouse haul we've been making over the last few days go here, will be posting more with video too in the next couple of days to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HotRodArcade/
We've ended up pulling close to 200 machines - 60 of which are pins. Many of the pins are missing back glasses, some missing boards, some more than that and those will probably be good for parts in saving others, but we still got them.

Hit me up if you see something you have to have. It's all for sale.

Oh, and of course let me know if you need some plating or powder coating done. I have TONS of stuff on the shelves ready to go for your Bally/Williams and some Stern stuff too. In stock parts are in CHROME - BRASS - AND BLACK NICKEL
I ship everyday.

Thanks!
Chris
615-598-0024
chris@hotrodarcade.com
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8310 (resized).JPG

IMG_8322 (resized).jpg

IMG_8334 (resized).JPG

IMG_8321 (resized).jpg

IMG_8335 (resized).JPG

IMG_8336 (resized).JPG

IMG_8314 (resized).JPG

#81 4 years ago

Now in stock for exchange... Williams FIRE! bell topper.
Want yours to look like this? Send me yours and I'll send this one, no wait. Exchange means I have one ready to go. Bell polished and bracket chrome plated.
She's a beauty!

Let me know if I can help with any other plating needs. Chrome - Brass - Black Nickel or Powder Coating.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
615-598-0024

IMG_8426 (resized).JPG
IMG_8427 (resized).JPG
IMG_8428 (resized).JPG

#82 4 years ago

Does your World Cup Soccer feel like you've been paying to much attention to your Indiana Jones? Make her feel like the lady that she is and give her the treatment

I have for exchange wireform/habitrail (3 available), skill shot ramp and plates all ready to go, just send me yours. Usually ships same day.

I have many other parts for exchange ready to go or send us what you need done and let us do it for you!

Chrome - Brass - Black Nickel - Powder Coating
Thanks for looking!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
call or text 615-598-0024

IMG_8429 (resized).JPG

IMG_8432 (resized).jpg

IMG_8430 (resized).JPG

#83 4 years ago

Another cool set we just added to our "for exchange" stock.
Williams Rollergames Wireform set in correct colors of powder coating and chrome ready to go. Send me yours and I'll send back these!

I have many other parts for exchange ready to go or send us what you need done and let us do it for you!
Chrome - Brass - Black Nickel - Powder Coating

Thanks for looking!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8691 (resized).jpg

IMG_8696 (resized).jpg

IMG_8695 (resized).jpg

IMG_8693 (resized).jpg

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks. What rails did you use on your BK2000? Would they work on my BOP?

They are standard WPC rails that I keep in stock in chrome, brass or black nickel. Glad to get you a set out asap if you need them. I ship with a UPS Business account and most stuff ships the same day.
Glad to help if I can!

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

What can I say, ladies like gold.

That thing is looking good!!!

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have a chrome lock bar too?

You know it. Seriously, I have literally shelves of plated lockbars ready to go at all times. Shelves of rails, hinges, legs, yada yada yada...

Just let me know, glad to help!
Chris

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm just thrilled that you are keeping to the standards that Mike did. Those items were done very well.

Thank you, there's not much else you could say that would mean more. Lots of days I wish I could call him and ask him all the random questions I used to. He was one of a kind.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just pm'd you.

Word.

BTW - does anyone know how to get notifications on a thread? I try to check it from time to time but it would be nice if...
Thanks for anyone with any guidance on that.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you like your own topic? That's the only way I know of.

Yeah, but that doesn't send me emails or anything like that. Should it?

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No, no emails, that would be nice thou. But as you know you will get emails if someone pm's you.

I was afraid of that. Is what it is. Thanks man!!!

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Any time. Looks like you'll be on Pinside more then.

I think you are right

#99 4 years ago

Probably a nightmare for some, but I love getting boxes of wireform sets to add to our quick exchange list for our customers! It is a bit tedious figuring some out at times, but totally worth it. Thanks to our friend half way around the world that sent these in for us to add into the mix.

REMINDER: WE BUY YOUR PARTS -- Gun shooters, wireform sets, whatever we are not carrying but should have for exchange - I want it!
I've even had some guys trade for plated parts, and you can too!

Working on our site currently to add our exchange list so it's easy to see what we offer, among other things being added to it. Hopefully this week that will all be seen.

Let me know what you need done and let us do it for you!
Plating in Chrome - Brass - Black Nickel - and Powder Coating
Thanks for looking!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8519 (resized).jpg

#101 4 years ago

This is an order we just did for a customer who loves restoring early Ballys. I can't tell you how much I love seeing these older games getting some love after years of being looked over by so many. I love their art and history. A lot of people ask questions about what does it cost so do a bunch of random parts like this. I figured while sharing the parts I'd share what he paid for the parts too. This order (everything in these pics) cost him $380 after shipping.

Would love to help you with a project that you might be working on as well. Let me know if I can help!
Plating in Chrome - Brass - Nickel - Black Nickel and Powder Coating in over 200 colors - including candy treatments (colored chrome).
Thanks for all your support and orders!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
Call or text 615-598-0024
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8542 (resized).JPG

IMG_8539 (resized).JPG

IMG_8551 (resized).JPG

IMG_8546 (resized).JPG

IMG_8547 (resized).JPG

IMG_8548 (resized).JPG

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

From the looks of your chrome you got the copper base and nickle on top of that flawless. Wish you could rechrome my mag wheels but that's beyond what you can do.

We can do those too
Remember I'm a hot rod guy first. We are doing a few hot rod parts here and there for friends and game customers too. It's been a good change of pace.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

oh man, that door skin look so sweet.

Thanks man! I can't wait to see the machine he's using all that stuff on. Going to be cool for sure.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My wheels are American CP 200's, they are 2 piece, chromed steel rim with chromed aluminum spokes. The spokes have to be removed from the steel rim for the rims to be replated then rewelded on to the steel rims.

I probably need to get a few pics of that to quote it. It may be too expensive to justify the cost but I could be surprised too. Both of our crews do lots of wheels and have special tools just for the plating process for them. If you can email or text me pics of them with what you said there it would help me get a quote.
I used to have an account with American Racing too, I could always check price on new ones too, but you've probably already done that.

Chris
615-598-0024
chris@hotrodarcade.com

#108 4 years ago

THE SHADOW KNOWS....
Ok, so here's another little something I keep for exchange. Shadow wireform set x2
I keep these in brass so you can send yours in and I send you a set already done, no wait.

I also have multiple Shadow guns that I keep for exchange in chrome and black nickel ready to go at all times.

Let me know if I can help with plating something else you need done. We've also done the diverters on this game which look nice, among other things.
Keep in mind I don't spend much time talking about the armor parts we carry as I assume you know, but if you don't.... I keep lockbars, side rails, legs, hinges, trim pieces for the backbox, glass channels, shooters, and coin doors in stock all the time -- ALL of those in Chrome and Brass for late model Bally/Williams and those same main pieces in Black Nickel and the same with Stern including Lollipop rails.

Glad to help if I can!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8433 (resized).JPG

IMG_8434 (resized).JPG

IMG_8436 (resized).JPG

IMG_8435 (resized).JPG

IMG_8438 (resized).JPG

IMG_8437 (resized).JPG

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

These are the original CP 200's from the early '80's there different then the modern ones today which are all one piece aluminum. I had one done about 5 years ago from a place in Cal., $200 + shipping. I don't have access to the wheels now, there on the Mustang at the shop 50 miles away so I'll have to wait till the car comes back. Can you chrome 3 blade spinners made out of pot metal? Again these are rare 3 blade with a hex head center. They quit making them in the '80's and man do they set off those CP 200's.

Ok, I had a feeling you were referring to what I call the Coke Bottles. Don't see those much these days. Let me talk with our guys, I'm sure they've done them before. We should be able to do the pot metal spinners too. Pot metal tends to pit during the process but they also have ways to fill those places in before chrome with the old school leading technique. I'm amazed at the stuff they can pull off. I'll let you know something.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Chris, what brass LOTR parts do you keep in stock for exchange? Can you please post a photo, if possible?

Sorry for the delay, been running all morning. I don't have any LOTR specific pieces as of yet. I do carry lollipop rails, lockbars, hinges and legs, all in chrome or brass. I of course can have your parts done, just means a bit of a wait. Would love to help you with it!
Call, email or text.

Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
615-598-0024

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi Chris - I'm looking to exchange back box hinges, the "H" channel, and the gun shooter on my T2. Do you have these currently in stock in chrome? Can you tell me what it would cost for each of these items? Thanks for all you do.

I do have all of those for exchange and ready to go now. Hinges with sending your old ones in are $65, H Channel if you are sending a good metal one is $30 and gun is $85. I have both early and later versions of the T2 handle and will match the one you have.

I also have the wireforms for exchange if you'd like to do those.

Feel free to call or email if you'd like to set it up!
Thanks!
Chris
615-598-0024
chris@hotrodarcade.com

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi Chris - That sounds good. I will give you a call. I would also send the bolts from the cabinet sides for the hinges. Do I send the bolts for the gun as well? How much are the wireforms? Last couple of questions until I call... If I wanted something powder coated, do you use the exchange system or do you use my personal parts? How much is it to powdercoat a widebody lock down bar and set of siderails (used but in good shape) in some shade of black? Thanks again, Glen

Good to talk with you today! Look forward to getting some stuff done for you! I appreciate the business and we'll talk soon!
Chris

#117 4 years ago

Guns and fishing reels coming and going like crazy. I wish I had ten of each one to keep in stock all the time. But extremely grateful for having several of each due to Mike collecting them over the years. We've added a few more and looking to add more if you have one sitting on the shelf...
Elvis trim in brass leaving today, a set of 95 hinges for The Big Lebowski ... I'm going to talk about hinges soon.
I try to remember to take pics of at least some of the stuff coming and going but many times I remember after they are boxed and waiting on UPS, lol.
Seriously though, I appreciate the business.

Would love to help you with a project that you might be working on as well. Let me know if I can help!
Plating in Chrome - Brass - Nickel - Black Nickel and Powder Coating in over 200 colors - including candy treatments (colored chrome).
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8440 (resized).JPG

#118 4 years ago

For all of you getting to head to Expo, have a great time for those of us not able to make it! I'd be right there with you but my wife is getting further along in her pregnancy and I don't think it's a good idea for me to be that far from home at the moment. As many of you know, we have five little girls, 10 and under, and now a son on the way! Lots of long hours to take care of our crew, and with that in mind, I just want to say thank you to all of you who have supported us in these crazy endeavors. Either buying junk from HRA or getting something plated or powder coated with us, seriously, thank you. It's a pleasure to serve in this hobby. There's always some turds in any hobby but I'll say I have made more friends than anything else. I'm grateful for that.

Oh, and if you didn't know I will be at our local Expo here in Nashville, The Grand Ol Expo, in November. Please come hang out with us, literally. I'd love to get to know more of you and hang out with some of my new and old friends. By old I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, but I know at least a couple that probably think I am.

As always, let me know if you need me. I'll be here!
Chris

#119 4 years ago

Plan to start posting games for sale tomorrow on our Facebook from the recent haul. Let me know if you see something you can't live without
Follow the fun here:
https://www.facebook.com/HotRodArcade
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
615-598-0024

IMG_8779 (resized).JPG

IMG_8786 (resized).JPG

IMG_8783 (resized).JPG

IMG_8784 (resized).JPG

IMG_8798 (resized).JPG

IMG_8797 (resized).JPG

#120 4 years ago

Thanks to one of our Canadian customers we have addd another one to the exchange list...
TALES FROM THE CRYPT --- BWHAHAHAHAHA!!
Sorry, I got carried away. But it is a cool set to have on hand, so if you decide you want to add a little more bling to yours, we have it on the shelf waiting for you to send yours in. I also have the ramps and we are polishing them to see what they look like. They will also be for exchange. Thanks to our friend who helped us get this set. More coming...

Let me know how I can help you!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8904 (resized).jpg

IMG_8906 (resized).jpg

IMG_8903 (resized).jpg

IMG_8905 (resized).jpg

#121 4 years ago

Looking forward to the Grand Ol Gameroom Expo here in Nashville, TN!
Here's the thread on it...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-ole-gameroom-expo-nashville-nov-11-13

Anyone coming in from out of town?
Come by and see us at the Hot Rod Arcade/pinballplating.com booth if you come. Would love to hang out with whoever is coming!

If you want to bring pieces to have done or for exchange, glad to help out however I can. I am also glad to bring any of our off the shelf stuff and save on shipping.

Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

1 week later
#122 4 years ago

Lots of stuff coming and going and I wanted to say thank you to all of you sending stuff in and other just ordering new stuff I have stocked on the shelf!

Just a word to those sending things in, please make sure you include detailed info WITH the order. List your parts, exactly what you want done with them and please include all of your contact information (name, address, email, phone). This makes everything so much easier when the time comes to return it.

Oddly enough, just about the time we were finishing up a Gilligan's Island to sell (and it sold the last day we finished it), I got in our new set of Gilligan wireforms for exchange! So if you have a Gilligan with pitiful looking wireforms, send them in and exchange them for these!

Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_8980 (resized).jpg

IMG_9038 (resized).jpg

#123 4 years ago

Goodies...

Chris Royalty
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_9094 (resized).jpg

IMG_9095 (resized).jpg

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

I just want to say that I have some parts out to be powdercoated - Atari Star Wars over/under coin door and brackets. Chris wanted to be sure exactly what I wanted and took the time to call me and chat for nearly 30 minutes about finishes and the hobby, then sent me pics of what finish he was shooting for.
Chris seems dedicated to continuing Mike's level of quality and detail. I look forward to getting my parts back as well and shipping him more things to be powdercoated or plated!

Thanks so much, my friend. Hey us Star Wars Cockpit owners have to stick together!
Seriously, thank you for your business, it means a lot to me and my family!
Chris

#128 4 years ago

Looking forward to the Nashville Expo - Grand Ol Gameroom Expo coming up this week!
If you need me to bring anything for you let me know. Please come by and say hello and let's hang out!

Chris Royalty
chris@hotrodarcade.com

#129 4 years ago

Had the privilege of getting to do plating on some Title Fight arcade game pieces. This is a father son project and I couldn't be more happy to get to help them do the chrome plating on these pieces.
If you have something you've been thinking about plating or wanting to do something different, maybe a color, please let me know. I'd love to help you too!

If you don't have plans and can still get away, come hang out in our great city Nashville this weekend for the Grand Ol Gameroom Expo! I'll be there with our booth and would love to meet you, maybe we could even grab some hot chicken together - don't be afraid!!!

Hit me up if I can help with anything.
Chris Royalty
chris@hotrodarcade.com

IMG_9287 (resized).jpg

IMG_9285 (resized).JPG

IMG_9283 (resized).JPG

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Is there a style of plating that has the rainbow-like sheen of a puddle of gasoline? Was thinking of plating a saw blade for my ToM and that was the image that popped in my head.

Let me talk to our guys today. I know what you are talking about. That same finish is also used on certain classic car parts - the power brake booster on certain old Chevys was done in a similar way. Let me check I'll be back by the end of the day

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Wonder if you could have it chromed and then take a map gas torch or something like that to the chrome. Chrome motorcycle exhaust pipes get the same look close to the motor from heat stress.

That's a good point. Not sure how brass would react with it - we might have a powder that will do it though. I'm going to find out

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yeah I figured it must be a multi-stage process. Chrome and then blowtorch sounds 'bout right!
Also was thinking of this look for WoZ legs/armor/ramps.
Based on a google image search I think it's called rainbow titanium? Or that may just be one of the ways to achieve the result.

I'll do some checking. Our powder coating stuff is coming out really nice and some of the finishes will blow your mind. It might be something we can do in that vain of things. I'll talk with our guys and get back to you, thanks!
Chris

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yeah I figured it must be a multi-stage process. Chrome and then blowtorch sounds 'bout right!
Also was thinking of this look for WoZ legs/armor/ramps.
Based on a google image search I think it's called rainbow titanium? Or that may just be one of the ways to achieve the result.

Are you wanting this over a chrome finish? If so I think they guys and I are going to play around with some pieces and see what we can come up with. We like experimenting

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yeah, I don't think it would look as good on a brass finish.

I agree, let us play around with it and go from there. Thanks!

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from helicopter:

Was thinking about adding some bling to my standard WOZ by getting the legs, side rails, lockdown bar, and wireforms plated using a green candy chrome similar to the michigan state helmet below. These were all painted green on the WOZLEs but want to be different.
Is this doable?

We do have a candy green color similar, shoot me an email and let me try to get you some sample colors to look at. Our candy colors are amazing! I'm floored at some of the stuff we've been turning out lately. I'm moving games to the Grand Ol Expo and will be deep into that for the weekend, worst case I can get you stuff to look at on Monday. Thanks!
Chris
615-598-0024
chris@hotrodarcade.com

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

How much though?

Just figure $40 a wireform and $30 for the apron guard if you want to do it. Yell at me if you want to get them done, I have a set or two here now ready to go in brass plating. Thanks!
Chris

615-598-0024
chris@hotrodarcade.com
www.pinballplating.com

#146 4 years ago

Enjoying the Grand Ol Gameroom Expo here in our hometown of Nashville! If your nearby come on out and hang with us and have one of my wife's homemade cookies!

IMG_9402 (resized).JPG

IMG_9404 (resized).JPG

IMG_9405 (resized).JPG

IMG_9406 (resized).JPG

IMG_9407 (resized).JPG

IMG_9408 (resized).JPG

IMG_9409 (resized).JPG

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Hey Chris
Any chance you could take one of those blue chrome legs over to an Addams family and take a pic with the lightning bolt side art.
I think a blue chrome on addams would look killer if it marches .

I would be glad to if there was an Addams here. I'll attach a close up pic that captures the color and maybe you can use that to hold up to it.

Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll see what I can do otherwise.

image (resized).jpg

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Hey Chris
Any chance you could take one of those blue chrome legs over to an Addams family and take a pic with the lightning bolt side art.
I think a blue chrome on addams would look killer if it marches .

I can hook you up

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Totally Chris ,
Send me a pic of that next to the blue lighting bolts . I know black is the preferred armour color but this blue , if just right could be sweet

I don't have an Addams readily available here to get that shot. I wish there was, we've been holding legs up to all sorts of stuff today, lol.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So I took the pic you posted of the blue chrome leg and put it next to my Addams and it's to dark.
Can you take a pic of the light blue one for me .
Thanks

I'm Allen packed up, I'll work on this this week and message you. I have a Addams cabinet in my warehouse I can use for all this.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So I took the pic you posted of the blue chrome leg and put it next to my Addams and it's to dark.
Can you take a pic of the light blue one for me .
Thanks

Here's in the sunlight, cause doesn't everyone have a spare Addams cab laying around, lol

IMG_9444 (resized).JPG

IMG_9445 (resized).JPG

#165 4 years ago

If I sent some older solid state Bally cabinet hardware that may have some surface rust, pitting, or even deep scratches, would I need to do any prep work on the pieces before sending them?

You do not need to do any prep work for us to do plating, we do all that. Just get us the pieces you want done - so take apart your coin door, etc. Message me or call. Let me know how I can help!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
615-598-0024 - call or text

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks Chris,
I think it is going to be difficult to match that with a blue chrome but that's really nice.

I have one shade lighter that we are going to do another leg in. I'm not sure it will do it or not but when I get it I'll let you know.

#170 4 years ago

I keep sending these pics to people so I'm going to post them here to help others possibly. From left to right: black chrome (powder over chrome), black nickel, gloss black powder.

Let me know how I can help with your plating or powder coating
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
615-598-0024 - call or text

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Just want to comment on the parts I had chromed by Chris. He did a beautiful job on everything sent to him and communication was great the whole way. Don't hesitate to buy outright or swap your items with Chris. Top notch all the way.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you letting us do your plating! It means a ton to us and it helps our family. God bless!
Chris

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I had a killer conversation with Chris today, he is professional and he must have answered 20 questions. He has earned my business with this type of service..... incoming Chris!!! thx again

I enjoyed getting to chat for a while. Excited about your projects and hope we get to meet at some point. I really appreciate you trusting me with your plating and powder coating needs! Talk soon!
Chris

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I'm restoring a National Cash register from 1908 and I need some chrome plating done. I'm currently stationed in Panama and the prices here are astronomical. The plating guy here said it's practically unheard of in Panama. I'd like to get a quote on the pics below. Id also like to know how plating company's prefer to receive the items. Do you want them dirty and as is, degreased, sandblasted? My quote here was $2200. Yep, that's right. $2200 for what's pictured. If I can't find a MUCH cheaper solution I'll have to wait till I get back state side.

I'm going to PM you, we can help! Thank you for reaching out!

#177 4 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thankful for all of you and I hope that you got to spend the day with those you love. God bless!!
Chris

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Same to you and yours Chris. I had my He Man turkey tv dinner.

Can't beat that! I did buy some Nashville Hot Chicken a few days ago just so I could have some on Thanksgiving night, it was amazing! If any of you guys come to Nashville I'll lead you to the place. Amazing stuff!

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds interesting, jam some in the box with my order will ya. That's a good lad.

I'll get right on that, lol.

#182 4 years ago

I got to spend a little time today with Mike's brother, Scott, who is in from California helping deal with some of the estate stuff, and Mike's dad. I was able to share with them how things are going with the business and they were really excited to hear everything and very grateful for the support we have received. His dad gets to hear about it a good bit as I see him at least once a week. But it was cool to get to share the pictures of the expo setup and new things we are offering in plating and powder coating, etc. We talked about how it doesn't seem to ever feel like normal. As Scott was loading things in a truck he said, just still seems so strange. I told him I've felt that way the entire time. Just feels l like Mike will be back anytime now and things go back to the way there were. But that's not the way life goes. We don't last forever.
As I have talked with so many of you since his passing about valuing the relationships we have now, take time to not only be thankful for them, but tell your loved ones you love them. Spend time with them. I know we are all busy, but don't get too busy for what's important.

Thanks to everyone who have helped see this through. You know who you are and we are very grateful for your support.
If you need me, for pinball stuff or otherwise, I'm here.
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
615-598-0024

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I'm happy someone picked up in Mikes footsteps. I still have my last handwritten bill from Mike and I get sad whenever I look at it. I'm sure we will be doing business soon.
-Josh

Josh,
Thank you, brother. There's no replacing a legend but I'm honored to be apart of carrying on something he started.
We recently found a bunch of handwritten things he had done. Of course he did all his invoices that way (which I have for the last several years) and anyone who ever had one of his personal machines, or even one he shopped, he hand wrote everything that he ever did or spent on the game on one piece of paper he'd keep inside of it. This is actually what helped us to price his games when we sold them. His dad found those for most of them and he wanted to price them by that. I actually talked him into pricing a few of them higher, as he was under the money on some of them. But I'm blessed to have those notes on a couple I own that were his.
He hand wrote everything. It's hard for me to throw that stuff away. So at least for now it stays

Be glad to help you out anytime. Thanks again!
Chris

4 weeks later
#185 4 years ago

I know it's a little late but I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!
Huge thanks to so many of you for making this year a great one! I hope to post up some more pics. I've not been great at sharing all the stuff we've been shipping out, but appreciate some of you doing that and the shout outs!
We've had some great developments in the last couple of weeks as well that I'll share soon too.
Thanks everyone and please let me know if I can help you with anything. Glad to do whatever from custom jobs to helping with any of the TONS of Bally/Williams/Stern parts I have on these shelf ready to go.
Always looking to add to our wireform (habitrail/wire ramp) or gun/fishing handle shooters for exchange, if you have one or a bunch you'd like to sell!

Chris Royalty
chris@hotrodarcade.com
615-598-0024 (call or text)
www.pinballplating.com

CHROME - BRASS - BLACK NICKEL - NICKEL - POWDER COATING

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Chris... you posted pics a month or so ago of black chrome, black nickel and gloss black powder. Thanks because that helps to see the differences. Wondering if you have similar pics of gold vs brass vs bronze vs powder vs chrome, etc... just all of the various gold/brass/bronze options?

Here's what I have on my phone right this sec...
I'll get some like those others this week and post, I need to take pics of a bunch of stuff. I plan to do that this week anyway. Maybe these will help?
FYI, there will be more options than these too.

IMG_9406 (resized).JPG

IMG_9407 (resized).JPG

IMG_9405 (resized).JPG

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Yes... seen those pics before. But without the labels or identification that you did for the various version of blacks, it makes it difficult for me to know which is which. Would also help to see just the gold variants laid out without all the others. Closer up pics like you did in the black pics. Thanks. No hurry. Not going anywhere soon.

I totally agree, a pic of them close up and labeled would help many I'm sure, I'll get those this week. We have a baby due coming any day. My plan has been to take lots of pics of stuff and post while spending the time I can't sleep in the middle of the night while in the hospital, lol.
So yes, I'll get them for ya soon! Thanks!

#190 4 years ago

Merry Christmas (I know a little late) and Happy New Year from our family in Nashville! Thank you for letting us be apart of your world!
Chris and the girls

IMG_0179 (resized).JPG

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Yes... seen those pics before. But without the labels or identification that you did for the various version of blacks, it makes it difficult for me to know which is which. Would also help to see just the gold variants laid out without all the others. Closer up pics like you did in the black pics. Thanks. No hurry. Not going anywhere soon.

So here we go... left to right:
Metallic Copper (powder)
Transparent Copper (powder over chrome)
Brass
Transparent Brass (powder over chrome)
Sun Gold (powder)

The powder coating only options are cheaper than chrome but the powder over chrome options end up being the same as chrome as they have to be plated then powdered.
Brass is a bit more expensive and we recently has a bit of a scare leading us to believe our brass guy was going to give up doing pin parts (this would be for us and Woody). But, he has had a change of heart and wants to continue. He is our source for brass and black nickel. The day will probably come when he won't be doing these platings anymore and that thought is what had me looking ahead to some of these powder alternatives. But for now, we are still good to do those as well and I'm grateful for that.
I hope the pics help. The main thing noticeable between the brass and transparent brass is the little bit of texture powder leaves. But I would call it more durable. Do remember you should wax the brass parts you handle with your hands on a regular basis, as they have a clear coat on them that over time the acids in your hands will eat through.
Please let me know if we can help with any of your plating needs!

Chris Royalty
chris@hotrodarcade.com
Chrome - Brass - Black Nickle - Nickle - Powder Coating
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_0125 (resized).JPG
IMG_0136 (resized).JPG
IMG_0138 (resized).JPG
IMG_0141 (resized).JPG
IMG_0144 (resized).JPG
IMG_0146 (resized).JPG
IMG_0124 (resized).JPG

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

The powder looks like brass on most of these! In person, does it still look like brass like the pictures? Really impressed how well they give the look.

Yes, that transparent brass really looks like brass. I showed to to several collectors at the Nashville Expo here and they were shocked. I'd believe it was if I didn't know the texture that powder has, which I tried to get in the pics so it can be seen.

Brass is easy to plate if you are set up for it, but not hardly any shops are. The big issue with doing brass usually is getting a good clear coat on it without getting trash in it. Imagine a shop meant for plating, which many times are not the cleanest, with buffing wheels going all day long putting little hairs in the air, etc, makes it hard to shoot the parts without something not getting in the clear. This is even with a room set up for painting with a air filtration system and all that too. Just tough to do. This has been hard on our brass guy as we've had to have him redo so much stuff for that reason. But he's doing what he can to keep doing it and trying to make it better. He is the one that did all of Mike's work. He turns out some beautiful stuff so we are glad he's sticking it out.

The powder is a great option for durability and consistency. You also don't have to worry about waxing it or any of that.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Thanks Chris. Just a note... you might want to delete the last line in your signature because it lists different services that you offer " Chrome - Brass - Black Nickel - etc" and because it appears directly above your first photo it looks like it's trying to caption your photo. Would especially be a problem for someone just browsing the thread and not reading your entire post. I'm slow, but I figured it out that you listed the order above in the body of your post.
Awesome work and I'll definitely be sending some stuff your way after things slow down and I get a chance to do some take-apart and shipping.

Thank you for catching that, I edited it a bit to help keep that from happening, I appreciate it!
Please do send us some stuff, would love to get some things done for you and thanks for asking me to make the post. I'm sure it helps many others. We have a lot more options coming the next month. Some really cool stuff ahead!!!
Chris

#196 4 years ago

It's always cool when you get to see the before and after of a customer's project that we get to be apart of. Here's a beautiful cigarette machine restoration that was completed in under two months, which is amazing. We not only did the chrome work, but we also did a couple of small repairs, mainly where coin slots had been assaulted but something like a screwdriver, they were rough, but look fantastic now. Love seeing this type of stuff coming back to life!

If you have a custom job you need help with or you need one of our hundreds of parts we keep on the shelf for Bally/Williams or Stern pins already plated or awaiting your powder coating wishes, then hit me up, I'd love to help!
Chris
chris@hotrodarcade.com
www.pinballplating.com

FullSizeRender (resized).jpg

IMG_0198 (resized).JPG

IMG_0201 (resized).JPG

IMG_0202 (resized).JPG

IMG_0203 (resized).JPG

IMG_0089 (resized).JPG

IMG_0092 (resized).JPG

IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

IMG_0094 (resized).JPG

IMG_0095 (resized).JPG

IMG_0096 (resized).JPG

IMG_0087 (resized).JPG

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Beautiful work! The craft of restoring an old mechanical device is something to behold.

Thank you so much! I love getting to work on so much different stuff!

#199 4 years ago

We are a little out of pocket for a few days. Feel free to message if you need something, but here's why:

Welcome, Marshall Cash Royalty, to this crazy world!
7lbs 12oz, 21 inches long, momma and he are both doing good. We are excited!

IMG_0212 (resized).JPG

IMG_0253 (resized).JPG

IMG_0258 (resized).JPG

IMG_0263 (resized).JPG

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Congratulations man. Looks like everything is AOK.

Thanks, Paul!
Momma and baby are both good. She's in quite a bit of pain and we have a nursing issue to figure out but we'll get there. He has three older sisters (10 and under) so I'm sure he will be spoiled a little, lol

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and your first boy too.

Yes sir! This will definitely change the dynamic at the house I'm sure, lol. We love our girls. My 10 year old actually solders better than most ops I've seen, so they love helping with the games and cars, but I am looking forward to having a little guy around too.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Very happy for you Chris!!!
You are truly blessed,

Quoted from gac:

Chris - congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your son. You have a beautiful family and are truly blessed.
I can't remember if I asked you before... is there any chance you will be coming to the Allentown show this May as a vendor?

Thank you both! We are very excited and I'm already tired of trying to sleep on this dumb thing at the hospital they give dad to lay on. BUT... we are blessed and thankful!!

As far as Allentown goes, I'm not sure at this time that I will be there. I would love to come. Currently we are planning to be in Texas in March and Expo in Chicago. We will also be back in Nashville for the Grand Ol Gameroom Expo.
I know lots of guys love to pick stuff up at shows, but shipping usually isn't too bad on this stuff and we ship it everyday. Glad to help however I can! Thanks!
Chris

#208 4 years ago

A few pieces on a Cirqus Voltaire project we had the privilege of helping a customer with. Some cool stuff and now I want to tear mine down, lol. I mean, I have to at lest do my ringmaster spring now, right?

Let me know if I can help you with anything!
Chrome, Brass, Nickel or Black Nickel Plating and Powder Coating
Chris Royalty
chris@hotrodarcade.com
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_0076 (resized).JPG

IMG_0071 (resized).JPG

IMG_0070 (resized).JPG

IMG_0074 (resized).JPG

#209 4 years ago

Thanks for the continued support! Came home from the hospital to a nice pile in front of our lovely shop couch, of orders and more parts to add to our exchange shelves, after they are plated of course.
We have so many pieces being added for exchange right now it's crazy. Very thankful to everyone that is helping build the library of these parts for others to benifit from. If you have a set of wireforms or gun handles you don't need, hit me up!
Thanks everyone!
Chris

IMG_0312 (resized).JPG

IMG_0319 (resized).JPG

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Everyday looks like Christmas at Chris's house!
Thank you for a great conversation yesterday.
I look forward to the continued development of my project with you in the month ahead!
Eric

Lol, well, some days it is like Christmas here
Enjoyed talking with you and look forward to helping you figure out your projects!!
Talk soon!
Chris

#212 4 years ago