IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
imagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7359 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

***Not plating related...
BUT... isn't it amazing when you locate a backglass to a game you own that didn't have one? Here's three (not Star Pool) out of eight of the backglasses I picked up this morning from another pinhead that will move all eight of these pins up to the "we can shop and fix it now" stage

Nice.
I have a Memory Lane glass right next to my computer desk.
Great glass.

1 year later
#635 6 years ago

Took my first step into the chrome world at TPF.
Got a chrome lockdown bar for my Addams Family.
Looks fantastic installed.
However I did find out really fast that there is no bear seal installed. It flopped around like crazy.
Once I got some installed it is perfect.
A question I have now is, if I were to send in the little 4” ramp that has the little metal flap riveted on it, would that come back reinstalled or is it up to us to get it back on?

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Thanks for buying a lockbar from us! I actually just got some beer seals in this week to start offering, I've had a few ask so I finally made the jump. I guess I'm not positive which ramp you are talking about? Is this on Addams? Glad to help if I can. Email me pics and all that. We do have a rivet press, many want to reattach their own stuff, it's your call. Thanks!
Chris

Their coming, I promise

Thanks, and yes I was referring to the little metal center ramp on Addams family.
I was just wondering if I sent it in with the little riveted flap attached if it would come back with one after the chroming process as I have no rivet experience.

2 months later
#686 5 years ago

Keep posting photos please.
Love seeing the new stuff.

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Look! People commenting on my thread, lol. Seriously, I do love the interaction and it's nice to know someone is looking!
Thank you all for your kind words! I really do appreciate it. I really am trying to be daddy more these days than I've been in the past. I'm guilty of working all the time, and I don't want to miss my kids growing up. It's a tough balance, and I appreciate the encouragement in that.
AND, HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all of you dads out there too!
I'll post some more stuff this week, I do expect this to be a busy week as I'm taking vacation the two weeks after to go be husband and daddy
Blessings everyone!
Chris

We are always looking. Just don’t always comment.
My Addams Family parts should have arrived to you last Thursday.
I will certainly take photos of them and post them up here when they make it back.

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

I got them to our guys today. I'm assuming you want the ramp flaps removed for plating? Thanks for sending in the parts and for following along on the thread too, and yes, pics are great!

What ever method is best, then do that.
Do you guys put the flaps back on or do I need to find someone with a rivet gun?
Thanks again for getting these all chromed and shined up for me.

#701 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

We can do it. I have Mike's old rivet press. We've done a few of them. Only thing is, you may want to reblue them or buy new ones since they are pretty worn, as they won't look so great against that nice chrome. Just a thought, and totally your call.

Thanks. Go ahead and reinstall them.
I have some blueing rub and can spot polish them up.

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Be glad to have you come by. Always welcome anyone that wants to stop in and do a little shopping

OMG, that sounds dangerous.

#710 5 years ago

Enjoy your vacation.
Looking forward to your return and my parts

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

My brass plated parts for Bally Atlantis arrived safe and sound.
Big thanks to Chris and crew, the pieces turned out great!

Looks great.
More installed photos please.

1 week later
#721 5 years ago

Everyone back from vacation?
He asks, anxiously awaiting Addams Family parts.

#725 5 years ago

Got any more photos of shiny things?

1 week later
#727 5 years ago

Been a week since last post.
Anyone got any good stuff in the mail?

#728 5 years ago

Where did everyone go?

Heading out to Pinburgh.
I’ll check back here as I can.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Hey guys, sorry, we've just been busy here.
We've done a lot of Flash Gordon ramps since I've been doing this and this might be the nicest set I've ever seen. This is going in a restoration for a customer and I just couldn't resist to not take pics of them. They came out beautiful.
Hope everyone is doing well! Please call or email if you need something, glad to help if I can!
Chris
615-598-0024
[email protected] <-- Send orders here
www.pinballplating.com

That will make an awesome Flash Gordon.

#736 5 years ago

That lock bar looks amazing.
Now let’s see some shiny Addams Family Ramps

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

If you are asking about candy purple it all depends on the following, your parts or my parts (certain stuff we require our parts if they are being plated so we can do steel and not stainless), which manufacturer, and what parts are being done. It all makes a difference, widebody lockbars are more expensive, stern parts are more expensive for me to buy, etc etc. some just do lockbar and rails, others do legs and hinges, some add the channels, coin doors etc. glad to quote a game if you have one in mind. If interested shoot me a email at [email protected]

Good info.
Any more photos of stuff coming off the line?

1 week later
#749 5 years ago

Just got an email from Chris telling me my Addams family ramps and misc. parts has shipped.
Here is the photo he sent me in the email.
I will take more photos when installed and we are going to live steam the game on our Twitch channel as well.
twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

However it will take a week or two because of course we leave for vacation in two days. lol.

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Likely a silly question, but does the chrome plating process affect the spring steel flaps on the ramps?

I was wondering the same after seeing the photos.
I thought they were coming back with steel entrance flaps. In my emails we talked about removing them and reinstalling, but apparently they got chromed as well.
But that certainly looks interesting.

#754 5 years ago

The parts look fantastic.
Don’t worry about the flaps.
I was just surprised to See them chromed.
I’m sure it will look great.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

I was too to be honest, I'd asked they be removed, normally I do that myself but I was trying to get your stuff in with some other items at the time being done, hoping for faster turn around, etc. I hope you love all of it. Stainless is not easy to plate. Making me wish I still had a Addams. I can't seem to keep them for some reason, although I love the game and it's the only game I have memories of playing when I was young. Oddly enough, it was at a movie theater that is not closed down, located about a block away from my warehouse where I store over 100 machines. Do share some pics when you have it all together and thanks!
Chris

Leaving for California tomorrow but I will certainly take photos when we return.
As well as do a live stream of the game the Sunday night.

The Addams family I played on location was at a Mazio’s Pizza.
Pretty much went there just to Play the Addams Family and the Taxi.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

The first Addams Family that I ever saw or played was with Brook Shields in NYC.

Boom!!
Suddenly Susan

1 week later
#778 5 years ago

About to live stream our Addams Family with newly chromed Ramps and lockdown bar from Chris.
9-11 PM central
Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

For now, I believe I'm giving up doing the shows. It's so much work, and honestly not much in return for it. I love, LOVE, meeting everyone and getting to spend time with them, but it's really hard on a small vendor that doesn't have people working for them to run things while you can go eat, take a nap, or whatever. It's so much work to haul this stuff, wrapping it before and after, so it can be seen, and I just never do stuff half way, so when I put on a booth, I do it right. That being said, I will attend some here or there and bring something someone asks for in advance, but the time away from my family is just not worth it. We are also expecting our baby in November, so I don't really want to go very far away from my wife for the rest of the year if I can help it.
Glad to help if I can otherwise. I know that's not the answer you probably hoped for, but it's the one that will mean the most to my kids as they grow up, if that make sense.

Sad to hear.
But family is more important.
We looked for you at Pinburgh.
Hoping you will make it back to Texas Pinball Festival.

1 month later
#818 5 years ago

Just got my Chrome lock down bar in the mail Friday.
Looks spectacular on my Whitewater.
Check will be in the mail to you Monday.
Thanks for all you do for the hobby.

4 months later
#962 5 years ago

Chris.
I know you said you were cutting back on shows, but I wanted to check if you might be at TPF so I can plan accordingly.

3 months later
#1043 4 years ago

10 new posts and no photos.
So disappointed

11 months later
#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Spidey chrome
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Drool.
Here is big hint for my secret Santa next time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating?tu=Arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.