IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
imagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7359 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

How much does a full set of these cost? I need to do something about my LAH

Let me know what you are wanting to do specifically. Just a gloss black powder job like that is one of the cheapest options, and usually a quick turnaround too. Would love to help you with whatever you'd like to do. Shoot me all the parts you want to do and what finish specifically. Thanks!
Chris
[email protected]

#352 6 years ago

Candy Purple...

IMG_3196 (resized).JPGIMG_3196 (resized).JPG

IMG_3194 (resized).JPGIMG_3194 (resized).JPG

IMG_3195 (resized).JPGIMG_3195 (resized).JPG

IMG_3197 (resized).JPGIMG_3197 (resized).JPG

#353 6 years ago

We are excited to announce that we will be joining the party this upcoming weekend at the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta, GA!
Please come by to see us and say hello! We tried to get in on the action a little while back, but they had sold out vendor spaces. One came available over the weekend, which they offered to us, so we will be there!!
This also means if you see something on our list of games (see here: under post about SFGE https://www.facebook.com/HotRodArcade/), that you can't live without, we can bring it to the show. We will be set up showing the plating and powder coating work we do for the hobby with pinballplating.com, and will have some pieces there you can buy, or make custom orders.
We will also have our Mulit-pac adapters as well as our new QPokey boards (for Atari Major Havoc) available for purchase.
Please come see me, there are so many folks that I've not met in person and that is our favorite part of these shows!
If you need me to bring something email me ([email protected]) with what you are looking for. If I can make it happen I will!
We look forward to seeing everyone!!!
Chris
615-598-0024

16998698_10154554262110958_7255109809282686580_n (resized).jpg16998698_10154554262110958_7255109809282686580_n (resized).jpg

#354 6 years ago

We've been playing around with some powder options for Indiana Jones. Just a little something different. We can do these powders in other colors as well, but it's a cool look/effect. These are gold and copper vein, gold is the lighter, copper the darker. One of our customers wanted to try it so we've been experimenting a bit with it. Cool stuff!
Let me know if I can help with anything!
Chris
[email protected]
615=598-0024 call/text

IMG_3193 (resized).JPGIMG_3193 (resized).JPG

IMG_3191 (resized).JPGIMG_3191 (resized).JPG

IMG_3184 (resized).JPGIMG_3184 (resized).JPG

IMG_3180 (resized).JPGIMG_3180 (resized).JPG

IMG_3185 (resized).JPGIMG_3185 (resized).JPG

IMG_3189 (resized).JPGIMG_3189 (resized).JPG

IMG_3186 (resized).JPGIMG_3186 (resized).JPG

IMG_3187 (resized).JPGIMG_3187 (resized).JPG

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

We've been playing around with some powder options for Indiana Jones

Chris,
I have user that finish on PoTC and LotR but I gotta go with on IJ,especially the gun handle.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Chris,
I have user that finish on PoTC and LotR but I gotta go with on IJ,especially the gun handle.

This customer was looking for something that had more of a rustic feel to it, kinda like Indy in the movies etc. I have brass on mine, obviously from the pics, but I kinda dig this too. I guess I'm just a fan of getting to see something different too. I look at shelves of brass parts everyday, so I might be a little jaded, lol.

#357 6 years ago

I just sent in some goodies to get brass plated csnt wait to see the finished product! Oh sc93cobra I totally forgot to include my contact info in the box but I'll ring you tomorrow Brady

#358 6 years ago

I would love to see the copper/brown on the IJ when it's complete. It reminds me of the hat, whip and bag that he carried... almost leathery (if that's a word). Definitely rustic looking and could potentially set a different mood for IJ. One concern I have though is that I'd still like a black nickel gun and not sure if they'd clash. Also, if the idol and habitrails are bright brass/gold, they also might look a bit out of place. As I said, would love to see the finished product. I actually think this about many of your parts where we rarely get to see the final install.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I just sent in some goodies to get brass plated csnt wait to see the finished product! Oh sc93cobra I totally forgot to include my contact info in the box but I'll ring you tomorrow Brady

We now send out parts for scrap metal that show up with no contact info. Just kidding. I might want to sometimes tho, lol.
Sounds good, just yell at me when you can, I'll be available after lunch on the phone.
Chris

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I would love to see the copper/brown on the IJ when it's complete. It reminds me of the hat, whip and bag that he carried... almost leathery (if that's a word). Definitely rustic looking and could potentially set a different mood for IJ. One concern I have though is that I'd still like a black nickel gun and not sure if they'd clash. Also, if the idol and habitrails are bright brass/gold, they also might look a bit out of place. As I said, would love to see the finished product. I actually think this about many of your parts where we rarely get to see the final install.

If I could get everyone to send me pics when they would finish it would be awesome. I'm actually about to add a customer's games page to the site, but I NEED THOSE PICS PEOPLE!!!

#361 6 years ago

It's about to go down, come see us at Southern Fried!
Chris

IMG_3230 (resized).JPGIMG_3230 (resized).JPG

IMG_3231 (resized).JPGIMG_3231 (resized).JPG

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have fun. Any show specials?

We had a good time! Got to see some great people, many old friend and many new ones too, which is my favorite part of getting to go to these things. Several folks dropped off things to be done and got to talk through lots of things that we are doing and have coming up.

On another note, really hoping to be getting a bunch of jobs back anytime. I have many folks waiting for jobs to be done. It's taking too long on the brass and black nickel custom jobs, and truthfully the stuff I keep for the shelf too. Doing what I can there, but as most know, it's out of our control as one guy does all of that work for our hobby, and is the same guy that has been doing it for years. We've also been slow on a good bit of the powder stuff due to our gun breaking. It has been repaired twice now, our guys bought another in the middle of all of that and it's not up to the quality standard that we need. It's been frustrating. But just want everyone to know that our guys are doing their best to get it all figured out and things seem to be moving in the right direction, they are very conscious of time and want to see all jobs getting out quickly. Thank you to everyone for your patience, please always feel free to call me if you need to for any reason.

We have some other exciting things to share in the days ahead, but for now, it's just work to try to get people their stuff. Thank you everyone for your support!
Chris
[email protected]
615-598-0024

#364 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Chris. Nose to the grindstone.

#365 6 years ago

Nothing but work...so you want to be in pinball? The list is always long out here in cali too! I also hope to have some good news by end of week!
Chris Thanks again for all the hard work.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for the update Chris. Nose to the grindstone.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Nothing but work...so you want to be in pinball? The list is always long out here in cali too! I also hope to have some good news by end of week!
Chris Thanks again for all the hard work.

Thank you guys, seriously means a lot. I did get a text this morning from our brass/black nickel guy saying he was trying to finish up a great deal of our stuff this week. He never messages me, so this is a big deal in my opinion. He also knows it's been too long and I'm not happy about it. That being said, I can't make promises, but I'll be awaiting the call and will be staying up late to pack up whatever I get.
No one said work was easy

#367 6 years ago

Hey Chris, I received the chrome lockdown bar from you the other week and it looks great. Thanks.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Hey Chris, I received the chrome lockdown bar from you the other week and it looks great. Thanks.

Glad to hear it! I can't thank you enough for your business. Let me know if you need anything else!
Chris

#369 6 years ago

I love this color. This set is going to some incredible folks in the great state of Texas for their Fishtales. I think this color would also look great as a nice slime edition on some editions of the Ghostbusters. It's as cool in person as it looks.
The powder is rolling out of here as things are getting back to normal in that realm.
Let me know if I can help.
Chris
[email protected]
615-598-0024
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3370 (resized).JPGIMG_3370 (resized).JPG
IMG_3372 (resized).JPGIMG_3372 (resized).JPG
IMG_3371 (resized).JPGIMG_3371 (resized).JPG
IMG_3373 (resized).JPGIMG_3373 (resized).JPG
IMG_3374 (resized).JPGIMG_3374 (resized).JPG

#370 6 years ago

My mouth puckers just looking at it.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My mouth puckers just looking at it.

Sour apple maybe? lol

#372 6 years ago

Yup that's what I'd call it, they look like big pieces of Jolly Ranchers.

#373 6 years ago

Weekend Update:
Got word a few minutes ago that we have a large load of things to pickup from brass/black nickel and some chrome. At this time of the day and Nashville traffic there's literally no way for me to get to it to get it today, so Monday morning. Many are waiting, if you are one of them bare in mind it may not be everything, although I can hope and dream it is, lol. Stay tuned first of the week as it will take some time to go through everything once we have it here too, but I will be shipping as fast as I can. Thanks everyone!
Chris

#374 6 years ago

Thanks Chris, don't ship my order if it's not complete.

#375 6 years ago

Chris did my Williams IJ in golden vein Powder coat and I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out.

Chris was super honest and great to work with. He kept me apprised with pictures and was flexible with my requests.

I've got more work to do on this machine but I'm very happy with the quality of their work. In fact, I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing the coin door too.. Might just have to do that...

IMG_3192 (resized).JPGIMG_3192 (resized).JPG

IMG_3193 (resized).JPGIMG_3193 (resized).JPG

IMG_3194 (resized).JPGIMG_3194 (resized).JPG

IMG_3195 (resized).JPGIMG_3195 (resized).JPG

IMG_3202 (resized).JPGIMG_3202 (resized).JPG

IMG_3196 (resized).JPGIMG_3196 (resized).JPG

IMG_3205 (resized).JPGIMG_3205 (resized).JPG

IMG_3207 (resized).JPGIMG_3207 (resized).JPG

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Chris did my Williams IJ in golden vein Powder coat and I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out.
Chris was super honest and great to work with. He kept me apprised with pictures and was flexible with my requests.
I've got more work to do on this machine but I'm very happy with the quality of their work. In fact, I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing the coin door too.. Might just have to do that...

That looks perfect on that game.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Get that idol gold chrome plated. I will be working with Chris over the next 1-2 weeks on this process.

#378 6 years ago

Now I get to come harass your thread! I want my stuff done in 2 days. LOL

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Oh no you don't Woody.....back of the line, back of the line.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh no you don't Woody.....back of the line, back of the line.

Welcome to the freakshow!!! LOLOL
Woody, our brass and black nickel guy can get that ready for you by sometime 2019

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Woody, our brass and black nickel guy can get that ready for you by sometime 2019

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Customers like you make this enjoyable for me, and I mean that! Thank you for your friendship and letting us help you with your toys

#383 6 years ago

Coin doors in powder over chrome...

IMG_3697 (resized).JPGIMG_3697 (resized).JPG

IMG_3699 (resized).JPGIMG_3699 (resized).JPG

IMG_3698 (resized).JPGIMG_3698 (resized).JPG

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Oh man do I like that.

#385 6 years ago

Oh no chris...
Creating long list for me to do, work on, then send to you.
I will be sending a ton a stuff for my Totan.
Still trying to figure out my purple package.
The apron....can you remove decals and powder, or powder over them?
Still drooling over that green set, candy apple we dubbed it.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Oh no chris...
Creating long list for me to do, work on, then send to you.
I will be sending a ton a stuff for my Totan.
Still trying to figure out my purple package.
The apron....can you remove decals and powder, or powder over them?
Still drooling over that green set, candy apple we dubbed it.

On all parts, like an apron, they are stripped in a acid tank, then plated or powder coated. So yes, we would remove them
Send whatever you need to!

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Holy crap... that looks amazing

What's the pricing on that? Sounds like it's at least a 2 step process

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Holy crap... that looks amazing
What's the pricing on that? Sounds like it's at least a 2 step process

It's basically the same price as having a door chromed. The reason for us is we don't have to spend as much time polishing the chrome to get the effect of this, so the labor/cost is about the same on our end.

#389 6 years ago

A warning on doing coin doors... Some coin door frames give us trouble with what is called outgassing and creating little bubbles while in the oven for powder. It's not something we can fix so it is sometimes part of doing a door in powder and becomes one of those you just have to live with it things. The frames are usually made from different materials than the doors, such as aluminum, whereas the door is usually steel.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

A warning on doing coin doors... Some coin door frames give us trouble with what is called outgassing and creating little bubbles while in the oven for powder. It's not something we can fix so it is sometimes part of doing a door in powder and becomes one of those you just have to live with it things. The frames are usually made from different materials than the doors, such as aluminum, whereas the door is usually steel.

Even if the frames are chromed first?

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Even if the frames are chromed first?

Yes, even if. Some are more noticeable than others. It all just depends what they are made of and different companies made them out of different metals. Pot metal and cast aluminum seem to be the ones we see the most of.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Cant you bake the parts in question first at a higher temp to prevent the outgassing,and than coat them afterwards. I have done this before and at times it worked nice.

#393 6 years ago

For those that don't know, I'm at camp this week at Austin Peay State University with students from our church and all over the U.S. I have helped lead this camp for 17 years, so it's an important part our lives.
That being said, I am on my computer on and off, just got access so playing catch up with emails and orders now. If you have an order, best thing to do is email me. I'm making a running list of them and will get them out in a week or so if it's stuff off the shelf. I'm also trying to update lots of things on the site. I'll be doing this again in another week or two when I'm able to go and pick up the items Ron has as well.
Thanks again to everyone for your patience during this transition and thank you for trusting us with your parts.
God bless!
Chris
[email protected]

Oh, and here's a couple of things from full sets we sent out last week that I just thought were cool!
(Cloudy with a chance of powder over chrome)

IMG_3717 (resized).JPGIMG_3717 (resized).JPG
IMG_3718 (resized).JPGIMG_3718 (resized).JPG
IMG_3719 (resized).JPGIMG_3719 (resized).JPG
IMG_3720 (resized).JPGIMG_3720 (resized).JPG

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Cant you bake the parts in question first at a higher temp to prevent the outgassing,and than coat them afterwards. I have done this before and at times it worked nice.

Some of the issue is it's going to happen either way as these parts are plated then powder, so where they are outgassing is going to happen if it's heated before or after, can't just grind them off etc. But I may talk with our guys more about it. It's tricky. We'll keep messing with it to see if there is another way but it's not looking great. It seems to go out the back for the most parts where it's not seen but some little bubbles are popping up in the front on some but not all of them too.

#395 6 years ago

Added the Tales of the Arabian Nights skill shot to our site this weekend for all the TOTAN fans. These are new pieces and don't require an exchange. I'm having a few done in chrome as well. We can of course do a color in powder and I have raw steel ones in stock for this reason.
Let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3682 (resized).JPGIMG_3682 (resized).JPG

IMG_3683 (resized).JPGIMG_3683 (resized).JPG

IMG_3749 (resized).JPGIMG_3749 (resized).JPG

IMG_3750 (resized).JPGIMG_3750 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#397 6 years ago

We've been slammed with orders over the last couple of weeks, and in the midst of that, working camp last week with a bunch of teenagers, then this week getting all the inventory we bought from Ron at Pinball Plating and More. Wanted to let everyone know we are finally starting to come back to normal and thanks to all of you who have been placing orders and your patience with them getting shipped while I was gone etc.
Here's a few pics of the craziness in the shop, and part of a chrome job we did for a customer's Stern Star Trek. Love seeing these lockbars after reassembly from being plated or powder coated.
Hope everyone is doing well, let me know if you need anything. I'll continue to be adding more and more wireform sets, ramps and guns to our website. Just takes time
Also... I have some new productions being manufactured that have not been offered before that we will be offering in the future. Excited about that and some of you will be too!
Thanks everyone!
Chris
[email protected]
615-598-0024
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3883 (resized).JPGIMG_3883 (resized).JPG
IMG_3884 (resized).JPGIMG_3884 (resized).JPG
IMG_3901 (resized).jpgIMG_3901 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).JPGIMG_3902 (resized).JPG
IMG_3904 (resized).jpgIMG_3904 (resized).jpg
IMG_3903 (resized).jpgIMG_3903 (resized).jpg

#398 6 years ago

Hey Chris, my lock bar looks great but the picture makes it look silver not chrome. I know....it's reflecting the ceiling. Can't wait to get my stuff back.

#399 6 years ago

That hammer finish powder coating on IJ looks amazing !

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Chris, my lock bar looks great but the picture makes it look silver not chrome. I know....it's reflecting the ceiling. Can't wait to get my stuff back.

It's a beauty, I think you'll like it

There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.