IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
imagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7359 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sc93cobra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

761 posts in this topic match your search for posts by sc93cobra. You are on page 3 of 4.
#946 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Did you let Mike's dad know. That you lost all the parts? Hello I'm referring to one part I am referring to many. Did Mike's dad get paid? Oh yes he did. When do you get paid? As soon as we got all the parts back. I keep emails just like you do. No one wants to do work without a cost upfront. But for some reason you never could give that costs could you? I made a couple of payments to you had a good faith hoping that everything would return. For Once again no it didn't. I remember the phone call you said that you never had a problem with any customer other than me. Which is real funny because three days later somebody posted on you right here on pinside. Saying to you, Took his part and sent him a chrome door when he wanted powdered. And he couldn't seem to get his part back. Once I pointed out to you oh I thought I was really problem customer. You were able to get his part to him Glad I could help you out. I told you produce my parts and I'll played eighteen hundred dollars. Matter fact I'll pay you today don't play the victim card. You're not a victim. Even though I've already spent money replacing parts that you've lost not to mention all the time that is past. You seem to want money but you don't want to seem to do your job. Which is keeping up with peoples parts. You say it's out of your hands? So how's it supposed to make me feel? "it's okay lose my parts since you don't know where they're at, and it's not your shop?" Remember the other fishtails? Because, I was doing two and not one? Yeah that's pinsider, also knows what was going on it was his game. You produce my parts and I'll pay you it's a pretty straightforward process. If you're bitter you have nobody to be bitter at yourself. I even reached out an olive branch outside of pinside this morning. But you didn't want that either. I didn't bring the laundry here you did. The pinsider person on the coin door, oh you know the one because no one else has any issues. I reached out to him in private did I go public "NO". What's amazing about your excuses above and the other two people to get drug into this. You're blaming your customer for throwing the parts away? Really, because every game you've touched of mine you've lost parts. At least on the last bunch you found them. So I guess the warning should be to your customers "if I lose your parts" I'll blame you first. But wait Chris this isn't your first time. Seems to be a pattern. Again my money is here once my parts show up. And I don't even need them because I had to go up by another machine to pull parts and get on here and find people that would have spare parts. Because I didn't want to shell out $2,500 for another game. What was I going to do send them to you see get lose them again? You made a very evident in the text you washed your hands me this morning. And I'm okay with that, because I wash my hands of you the minute I had to start finding more parts to finish a restore. By the way does the chrome guy in Tennessee know that you blame him for a lot of things and a lot of your problems? Just wondering I'm sure Mike's dad didn't know.

You got every part to both orders in the end. Remember I've only done 2 orders with you? I make good on my word and try to treat everyone as I wish to be treated. You got every single part.
That customer you speak of, got his door within the week. It was a mistake, wrong door sent etc, it was resolved before you said a word to me about it and he wasn't upset. He's still a good customer and was kind an gracious about it all.
You NEVER once told me of a single part missing from this last order. Did you read what I wrote above? I don't think you did. I stand on every word of it.
Your "OLIVE BRANCH" this morning outside of Pinsde, that is the biggest joke of the day. Would you like me to post it? It was the same thing you posted here only more personally attacking me and my faith in Jesus. I made Fish Tails right, needed help to do it but I did it, you've yet to tell me what was "lost" on this order -- again, you gave no response when I asked. No response when asked. None.
It's a ploy to have a reason to stiff me for money owed. Go find someone else to bully around with your accusations. I've given you 9 months to let me help you if there was a issue, and you haven't done anything put complain about the price, then all of the sudden it's about parts missing? Convenient. Also convenient that I still have never heard what they were. You can call Mike's dad if you'd like, I'm sure he's got a few things he'd like to tell you too. He knows all about even your latest doings, and he wasn't surprised about anything I've told him.
You are good with the accusations and we can all see some of your true colors. It's almost as good as the emails you've sent me at times and that was all over prices. Good day to you. We are done here.

#951 5 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

Chris: Do yourself a favor and don't respond to this gentleman anymore...
These disputes always get ugly and no-one ever wins. You didn't out him, he's picked this online fight out of you changing your policies post, and IDed himself. So he's the one who made this particular dispute public. In you original post, you said there were several customers who've stiffed you, and therefore you had to make the change. I was really surprised you didn't collect monies up front for this service, or at least a down payment, as I'm sure most of your customers are...so you didn't do anything wrong in that simple explanation of your policy change.
On this particular dispute, I'm sure you both believe you're right, and the truth is in the middle, as always - but it sounds like you both moved on(mostly lol) - your ex-customer has found a new plater he's happy with...and you seem to have accepted your losses on this deal.
Not that I think this plea will work...they rarely do, and I'm not even sure why I'm doing it since we've all seen it so many times before...maybe it's my turn to try? Sure...why not...plus, it's bowling night. I'm in a gregarious mood... :0D

Quoted from Soulrider911:

I have always had great experiences with Chris. I have probably spent in excess of 3k with him over the last few years, and I have never felt for one second that he was not a customer-focused businessman, and would take care of me in an event.
I actually was surprised when I placed my very first order arrived at my door and I had not even paid for it? I thought there was an error / or something amiss.
Then Chris said that he trusts his buyers, and payment is upon receiving. I thought this was both amazing and risky. I have NO PROBLEM paying up front, that is the standard way of buying almost any product these days (now there are some exceptions). I have also had some issues with some of the parts I got from Chris, and he took care of me and resolved every issue I had. I believe he is a good man, from my perspective.

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I have had excellent service from Pinball Plating.

Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated! Now back to our regularly scheduled programming
I hope everyone is having a good night. Won't stop raining here. Flooding in parts. Stay safe, my friends!
Chris

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Just want to give a huge thanks and shout out to Chris. My game is now that much closer to where I want it and the chrome was a major player in it. Will definitely be doing more business and spreading the word when opportunity presents itself.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That thing looks amazing. Makes me want one, lol. Thank you so much for the order!

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

I also feel it super important to express how awesome his customer service is. I had wrong parts sent to me, he made it right and fixed it. I sent stuff for trade in after I payed, he gave me stuff I forgot to order plus a couple more coin reject housings which might I add messed up on my behalf not his. Super solid guy. Can't express my gratitude enough.

Quoted from Jack_Bot:

I have spent a lot of money with Chris and I've bought several pins and 1 shuffle alley from him. In my dealings he has been more than fair. Each time he gave me more than I bargained for (including extra parts I needed or MIGHT need). He has been honest and up front about what I was getting with every purchase. I'm fairly new to the hobby but I've been in business for over 16 years, dealt with a lot of folks in my 54 years so I'd say I have a better than average BS detector. All I can say about Chris (and I've done all my transactions with him in person) is he is a SOLID businessman and a true straight up, old school handshake kinda guy. Nothing but helpful with me and I look forward to doing more business with him for years to come as my collection grows.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Chris is Awesome to work with!
Charitable in many ways and is beyond a standup guy!

You guys are incredibly kind. I really appreciate it. You each know that it means a lot to me, as your friendships do. Appreciate all of you and thank you for letting me be apart of helping with your stuff!
Chris

#959 5 years ago

Old Gottlieb Door... Nickel Plated
She was rough on the get go, still not perfect but much, much better.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected] <--- Send questions and orders here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4408 (resized).JPGIMG_4408 (resized).JPGIMG_4410 (resized).JPGIMG_4410 (resized).JPGIMG_4412 (resized).JPGIMG_4412 (resized).JPG
#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Nice picture, you look like Chunk from Goonies.

Should've seen something like that coming, lolol.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Chris.
I know you said you were cutting back on shows, but I wanted to check if you might be at TPF so I can plan accordingly.

At this moment, I do not believe I will be there. If the skies open up and part the ways for me to go, I will, but no booth. I'm covered up here, so I need to stay with it. Glad to help however you need me to do so.

#964 5 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
I'm bad about not getting pics of stuff we do, here's some pieces we did recently for a friend.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Chris
[email protected] <--- questions and order go here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4273 (resized).JPGIMG_4273 (resized).JPGIMG_4274 (resized).JPGIMG_4274 (resized).JPGIMG_4278 (resized).jpgIMG_4278 (resized).jpgIMG_4279 (resized).JPGIMG_4279 (resized).JPG
#965 5 years ago

Good grief, this is the truth and it's killed brass production altogether. Patience appreciated as we seem to be living in Seattle here lately.
Hope all is well with everyone!
Yell if I can help with something!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

52828215_2668207626528495_3145666934154985472_n (resized).jpg52828215_2668207626528495_3145666934154985472_n (resized).jpg
#966 5 years ago

We tried something new, something I didn't know we could pull off. Brass plated the handle only on a early shooter rod. Chrome rod, brass handle. Pretty cool.
We expecting to get 5 inches of rain between now and tomorrow night. Not a good thing here, but also prolonging brass/black nickel as it has been for literally weeks on end now. Hope you are doing well where you are!
Thanks for looking.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4563 (resized).JPGIMG_4563 (resized).JPGIMG_4564 (resized).JPGIMG_4564 (resized).JPGIMG_4565 (resized).JPGIMG_4565 (resized).JPGIMG_4566 (resized).JPGIMG_4566 (resized).JPG
#967 5 years ago

TOTAN spikes and opto brackets in brass
Hope everyone is having a great day, thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4569 (resized).JPGIMG_4569 (resized).JPGIMG_4571 (resized).JPGIMG_4571 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#968 5 years ago

Fire! Champagne that belongs to a friend that we did polished brass on. It was a super pain in the neck to get this job done. Doing the rails for this thing proved to be a major undertaking. All that being said, it is beautiful!
We normally do satin brass on these, which is easier to pull off than polished. I'm not saying we won't do another one, but it won't be cheap, and don't expect it fast, lol.
Glad to help with something if I can, I hope everyone is doing well!
Chris
[email protected] - send orders and questions here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_1436 (resized).jpgIMG_1436 (resized).jpgIMG_1439 (resized).jpgIMG_1439 (resized).jpgIMG_1440 (resized).jpgIMG_1440 (resized).jpgIMG_1442 (resized).jpgIMG_1442 (resized).jpg

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Shooter gauge for a 1954 Williams Spitfire cleaned up and nickel-plated. An original to compare. Graphics applied with a rub-on transfer. Sorry for my grubby finger prints on it. Thanks Chris!
[quoted image]

That looks amazing, I'm sure even better in person!

#973 5 years ago

Now that's a Flashy Fire!
The lock down bar you did for me in satin is amazing!

I like them both ways. If I ever got a Champagne I'm afraid I'd struggle with which way to go on it.

1 week later
#974 5 years ago

Repaired the end caps (usual damage and hurting the hands of the owner's wife) and of course threw a little chrome plating on this 3 piece lockbar to one of the oldies
We do quite a few of these, I've even begun collecting a few to have for exchange.
She's a beaut!

Let me know if I can help with anything and thank you for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
IMG_4741 (resized).JPGIMG_4741 (resized).JPGIMG_4744 (resized).JPGIMG_4744 (resized).JPG

#975 5 years ago

#world-cup-soccer with the bad design. I've yet to see one of these things come in that wasn't broken. This one just happened to be broken all the way, lol.
We fix them and plate them.

Yell if I can help with something!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4763 (resized).JPGIMG_4763 (resized).JPG
#976 5 years ago

I hope everyone at TPF is having a great weekend! Sorry we can't be with you guys.

Here's a few pics of something, just because I wanted to see it myself, lol.
Demo Man Handles in Black Nickel...
I have one set here for exchange. It probably won't be something I can keep in stock all of the time. Not on the site yet, just throwing it out there.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4936 (resized).JPGIMG_4936 (resized).JPGIMG_4937 (resized).JPGIMG_4937 (resized).JPGIMG_4943 (resized).JPGIMG_4943 (resized).JPGIMG_4939 (resized).JPGIMG_4939 (resized).JPGIMG_4944 (resized).JPGIMG_4944 (resized).JPG
#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Hey Chris... if you think of it, please post a pic of the WCS fixed and plated. Would love to see how your magic turns out!!

Will do, most all of skills that come in are broke, not usually all the way off, but we do the same welding to all of them nonetheless.

1 week later
#979 5 years ago

BK2000 Wireform a customer needed repaired, it had a bunch, more than not, of broken welds. We welded, ground down the rough stuff, and replated it.
We do more of this than I ever realized we would. Bought my own welder last year, hoping to get the hang of it myself this summer after practicing on some junk ones to help speed that part up.
Hope all is well with everyone! We've been crazy busy here, selling pins and the plated parts that go on them, lol. Thankful for all of it.
Thanks for looking and let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpegIMG_5024 (resized).jpegIMG_5024 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpeg
#981 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A MIG or TIG welder?

The one I have is a small MIG. I have access to about whatever, but I want to practice around before bumping up to something bigger.

#982 5 years ago

Red Stern things....

IMG_5060 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5060 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5061 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5061 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5062 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5062 2 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#984 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Not sure if this is a trade name or not, but can you do parts in "neochrome"? I could see this working well with more colorful games like GOTG for example.[quoted image]

I've seen stuff like that done, our guys can do some similar things with plating. This is obscure but parts on certain cars were done with a rainbow effect back in the day, such as the brake booster on a 69 Camero, etc (don't ask me how I know). But I know they have done some of that kind of thing. We can probably do some similar things with some of the powders on the market, especially over the top of chrome... I can look into it if anyone really wants something.

Hope everyone is doing well. We have been playing catch up here, and just working day in day out. All good things. And more new things to come soon
Yell if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#985 5 years ago

Brass rails incoming...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#986 4 years ago

Customer's Theatre... Brass, lots of brass, and more coming...

Yell if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

Micah 2 (2) (resized).JPGMicah 2 (2) (resized).JPG
#987 4 years ago

We know your pain... shared from a friend

654737D8-6217-4E1B-961E-264D724CD4A4 (resized).jpeg654737D8-6217-4E1B-961E-264D724CD4A4 (resized).jpeg
#991 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I made that meme, weird how crazy popular it became.
Thanks again for the taf plating!

I figured someone on here was responsible for that, good work!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Car parts makes pinball parts look like chump change. LOL

Paul, never truer words have been spoken lol

Quoted from dmacy:

My hood catch on mustang is holding up great Chris!

That's what I like to hear! Chrome it all!!! You and Paul both need to give me rides soon, just saying.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

have any of those chrome Deadpool katanas? whats the price on that?

I sure do, I have all four just back from plating, send me yours, exchange is $100. It’s one of a about a hundred parts I need to add to the site, lol.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Chris at pinball plating is the best. My T2 has chrome rails and lockdown bar now that just makes it stunning. Quality is amazing. Delivered in record time and I’m in Canada. Will be ordering now more for my machines from him.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think that looks amazing. I have two T2s right now, one we are going through for a customer, this makes me want to do the other up and keep it. I love it! Thank you for the order, means more than you know!
Chris

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

These are the plastic surround parts off a Dr Dude. Need I tell you the first is the before pic. I'll let Chris better explain how this process works.
Needless to say, they turned out beautiful!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This makes me want one of those, I've never owned that title...
Amazing work, my friend, you always impress!!!

#1001 4 years ago

A little Candy Blue (translucent powder over chrome) we are working on for a friend up in Canada

IMG_5449 (resized).jpegIMG_5449 (resized).jpegIMG_5450 (resized).jpegIMG_5450 (resized).jpeg
#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh that's expensive.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Especially when you convert from USD to CAD

It's not too bad. A little more than chrome. I do hate what all of our out of the country customers have to pay sometimes between the shipping and the converting of the dollar. I really am amazed how much we ship overseas. Some weeks it's 3-5 orders going out of the US. Just this week has been Canada, Australia, The UK, and Sweden. I'm very grateful for all you that order, here or out there across the pond or a boarder. Means more than you folks know.
Let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Emailed earlier this week on a set of ramps for Pinball Magic , Never got a response

Sorry about that, just did. Took too long to think about it and ended up never getting back to responding. My answer is almost always no, but I want to help, so go check your email and let me know. Thanks.

#1008 4 years ago

Working on a Addams Gold. Beautiful machine, but like most all of them do, the plating is looking rough. Some of it was never meant to be this nice, that's ok, we'll fix that.

IMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpeg
#1010 4 years ago

Fish Tales looking like it’s been out to sea with some barnacles on it, lol.
No worries, chrome and black nickel (as seen here) are in stock!
Let me know I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

23374024-7876-4DA5-91F6-2179968C1C78 (resized).jpeg23374024-7876-4DA5-91F6-2179968C1C78 (resized).jpeg5E35C06D-0F0D-47C0-95A2-FC7293759C68 (resized).jpeg5E35C06D-0F0D-47C0-95A2-FC7293759C68 (resized).jpegF4954EAC-D813-4B3F-8477-0B2F541A997D (resized).jpegF4954EAC-D813-4B3F-8477-0B2F541A997D (resized).jpeg
#1012 4 years ago

New Product Exchange - Sega Batman Forever Gun
Chrome or Neon Green coated....
Link to site here: http://www.pinballplating.com/plastic-plating-coating/batman-forever-gun-green-chrome
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

0DE1BF10-0B04-419F-A466-0CEB03B70FDC (resized).jpeg0DE1BF10-0B04-419F-A466-0CEB03B70FDC (resized).jpeg599B0217-3077-4245-881D-BF2CF14E17D5 (resized).jpeg599B0217-3077-4245-881D-BF2CF14E17D5 (resized).jpegDC5855A4-3A95-48BF-8202-0FE9032052B4 (resized).jpegDC5855A4-3A95-48BF-8202-0FE9032052B4 (resized).jpeg

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That green looks super.

Quoted from kcZ:

That green in awesome!

I knew the green would be a winner, hence why I had two sets of it done
Thanks, guys!

#1016 4 years ago

Gottlieb #stargate Pyramid Exchange just added to the exchange library
http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/gottlieb-stargate-pyramid-brass
We also have the wireworms for exchange as well, both in brass or candy purple.
Glad to help, thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3554 (resized).JPGIMG_3554 (resized).JPGIMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3553 (resized).JPGIMG_3553 (resized).JPGIMG_3556 (resized).jpgIMG_3556 (resized).jpg
#1017 4 years ago

Sometimes you go to a auction and buy the pyramid of pinballs, just to get parts. When do we have enough parts? That's the question I need a answer for, lol.
Hope everyone is having a great week!

IMG_5776 (resized).jpegIMG_5776 (resized).jpegIMG_5774 (resized).jpegIMG_5774 (resized).jpegIMG_5775 (resized).jpegIMG_5775 (resized).jpegIMG_5795 (resized).jpgIMG_5795 (resized).jpgIMG_5793 (resized).jpegIMG_5793 (resized).jpeg
#1020 4 years ago

What? You found a VarKon???
What a Pyramid. Thats going to be some fun.
You can get those working Im sure.

I wish I found a Varkon, I did find a marquee in a stack of poker marquees though.
The pins are pretty rough. The lower ones have been damp, and it's not good. I posted a list of the titles on the facebook page, I'll try to find that. Hoping to save a few, but I think most will be parts machines, which is a shame. And that's coming from a guy who has saved lots of games over the years that most wouldn't have taken the time to do so.

#1021 4 years ago

NEW PRODUCT - PokeyONE
I know this might be a little random for some, but my business also sells arcade parts. In case there are any Atari arcade collectors here, we rolled this out today. Kind've a big deal since the old ones fail and without them most Atari classics would be doorstops. First time to be reproduced since Atari originals were made. Originals are running out and these should help keep these games alive on into the future. Big thanks to David Shuman (Shupac) for sticking it out to make this happen, over two years in the making.
PokeyONE: A modern, reliable, replacement for the the Atari POKEY chip!
https://hotrodarcade.com/products/pokeyone-atari-pokey-chip-replacement-for-atari-arcade-games

P1_top_CE_DS (resized).pngP1_top_CE_DS (resized).pngP1_corner_CE (resized).pngP1_corner_CE (resized).png
#1025 4 years ago

Congrats!! But...I have no idea what this is???

So most classic Atari arcades used a pokey chip, without it, you don't have a game. Problem is no-one has ever been able to remake it and the original stock is really starting to dry up with the prices getting up to $30-40 each, many times I've bought originals from reputable sellers and they are bad from the get go. They are also known for eventually going bad. This will help many arcade collectors keep their old Atari games alive. Pretty cool stuff really for the arcade world

Quoted from robotron911:

Quad pokey chip is on the main pcb board for most Atari games. Without it... pcb doesn't work. Guys like me that collected arcades would pull the pokeys off bad Atari boards just because they were unobtainable. I think I still have a stash of some, even though I sold almost all my arcades years ago.

You should start sell those spares off now

#1026 4 years ago

If you are are near Chattanooga this weekend, The Chattanooga Pinball Museum is displaying our beloved Copperhead Frankenstein, as a part of their grand opening celebration. Go by and play some pinball, and tell those guys we sent ya! Some great people there!

Hope all is well in pinball world, let us know if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com
IMG_7550 (resized).JPGIMG_7550 (resized).JPGIMG_7576 (resized).JPGIMG_7576 (resized).JPGIMG_7687 2 (resized).JPGIMG_7687 2 (resized).JPGIMG_7218 (resized).JPGIMG_7218 (resized).JPGIMG_7608 (resized).JPGIMG_7608 (resized).JPGIMG_7848 (resized).JPGIMG_7848 (resized).JPGIMG_7845 (resized).JPGIMG_7845 (resized).JPG

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! STUNNING!!! I'd be afraid to touch it.

Quoted from mountaingamer:

Looks very nice - do the pops hold the finish as well as chrome?

Thanks guys, it's a game. Eventually it'll be in my collection when we have a new place with the room for my stuff to be set up. I don't believe in just owning them to look at, although it seems like that's what I do these days. But that's mainly due to the plating stuff taking over all my game space.

The pops do seem to hold up pretty well, of course it's not on location or something but I think for private use it's fine.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I just installed my side rails today. I think they came out great alongside the legs and lock down bar I got from him.[quoted image]

Looks good!!! Thank you for letting me help with all of it! I've been working a little on my Addams here, I'll post some pics soon.

Hope all is well in the pinball world. Yell if you need me, everyone!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Here are some pics of my 8-9 year long Addams that I chromed a bunch of stuff. Rails, lockdown bar, back glass channel, service box, bunch of brackets, mesh grills, and pcb board mounting backboard.
Only issue I had was the chrome bolts were very hard to get into the leg brackets. I actually ended up breaking a bolt off.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great man! Let me know if you need another bolt (or maybe we already did that). Just want to take care of folks.
Thanks!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Can previously powdercoated parts be redone? I’ve been told it’s way too expensive to get the parts back to bare metal and prep for new powder coating. Just curious.

Yes, they can be. We have acid tanks for that.

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

That Frankenstein is way cool. Too bad its not an amazing game. You guys epoxy it? Love seeing all the high end chrome

Thanks man! It's polished copper plating with a lacquer clear coat on top. We had it in the booth at Texas last year. Thought I'd sell it but I'm kinda partial to it now. I do have it on the hotrodarcade.com site but I've got it priced out there where I think people will leave it alone, but they can still go look at it.

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

10 new posts and no photos.
So disappointed

I can always just post pictures of trim packages being sold.... lol
Not much new. Platers are SUPER SLOW right now due to high volumes of stuff being done, not just pinball, but everything. Making my life a little hectic. But rolling with it. I'll see if I can't give ya something to look at this weekend.

Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

1 week later
#1045 4 years ago

What came in, what's going out. Same day turn around. Demolition Man handles - I have more sets if yours are looking rough
To see more of our exchange parts go here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts

Happy Fathers Day to all those dads out there, love those kiddos!
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_6188 (resized).jpegIMG_6188 (resized).jpegIMG_6189 (resized).jpegIMG_6189 (resized).jpeg
#1046 4 years ago

So, everyone has a game they remember playing as a kid. I honestly didn't get to play a lot of pinball as a kid, there just weren't any good places for me to go growing up. That being said, when I was a teenager, and old enough to go to movies with friends without adults, I got play a pinball at the movie theater we went to. Oddly enough, that movie theater is one block away from my warehouse now, where I keep the game inventory for www.hotrodarcade.com (shameless plug). That movie theater is closed now, but my memories of playing The Addams Family there have stuck with me. There was something about getting Thing to come out of the box and get the pinball that mesmerized me.
Fast forward to the present day, I have owned a few TAFs and most have been pretty beat. We've cleaned them up and all that, but none that were so nice I wanted to keep them forever. Most I didn't intend to sell, but then did because someone offered up the right amounts at the time to help our family keep living life, and so off they went.
Last year, I missed out on buying a couple from from friends, including a couple of Golds, then my good friend Larry Kitchen picked one up, and gave me first crack at it, knowing I wanted one to keep, maybe restore. So I bought it! I was excited to have one and for our family to get to enjoy here at the house. A couple of weeks later I had a customer call me one day needing some brass siderails for a game he had. He was upset with dealing with "pinball people" trying to sell a game he had, as they had been picking it apart, and he was over it. We've all been there, most of us have been those people too, let's face it. He made it clear he wasn't a pinball person but the reason they had the game, and another (DE Star Wars), were because his father in law had been a operator back in the day and always kept a couple of pins at the house for his family to play. I was intrigued wondering why he'd need brass rails to "fix" a machine to sell, had Mike or I sold them brass before? Then I asked what the game was, and he replied with, "it's The Addams Family." I then realized what he was talking about and said, "do you own a Gold Addams?" He said yes, then described to me that the backbox had messed up the plating on the tops of the siderails. I asked the the lockbar needed to be done too, it usually does at this point in life. He said no it looked good and was still all gold, and I began to realize, this is a Gold Addams that has been in someone's home, maybe it's whole life.
At this point I'm thinking about the fact I just bought a Addams and now I'm wondering if I could buy this one, lol. I'm sure none of you have ever done such a thing. I proceeded to ask if it was sold. He said no, that he had someone and they had made a deal off of a online auction site, but they had since picked it apart saying it needed this or that, and he was pretty upset about it. I then asked if anyone else in his family wanted it, seemed to me like someone would if it had been in the family all these years. He said he'd asked but no one really did and they needed to move soon and let the pins go. So I asked the question, "what would you sell it for as is, you don't do anything else to it?" He sent me pictures, I approved and we struck a deal. Even with knowing what he had, and he had done pretty extensive research, I got it cheaper than the ones I had missed out on and they were no creampuffs.
So here we have our Addams Gold, a keeper for us. I have already sold the other one, before anyone asks. We are going through it now for a family who is buying for their dad/husband, who has wanted one for years. As for mine, I couldn't not throw some new trim on it, after it came in, and of course wireform and apron guard too, as they were rough.
First few pictures (before the plaque) are of it when it got here, not terrible, but I couldn't see leaving it alone when everything was just sitting here on the shelf for it anyway.

Thanks for looking and listening to me ramble about getting a Addams for us to keep. I can't tell ya how it makes me feel when the lights are low and it goes into multiball with those flashers going off everyone, including my ceiling. Takes me back. I don't get to enjoy pinball much these days as it's mostly work. Thankful for a few moments here and there like that.

If your The Addams Family Gold (Special Collectors Edition) is looking rough, we can help!
www.pinballplating.com
[email protected]

IMG_5495 (resized).jpegIMG_5495 (resized).jpegIMG_5497 (resized).jpegIMG_5497 (resized).jpegIMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5500 (resized).jpegIMG_5500 (resized).jpegIMG_6217 (resized).jpegIMG_6217 (resized).jpegIMG_6215 (resized).jpegIMG_6215 (resized).jpegIMG_6218 (resized).jpegIMG_6218 (resized).jpegIMG_6214 (resized).jpegIMG_6214 (resized).jpegIMG_6216 (resized).jpegIMG_6216 (resized).jpegIMG_6213 (resized).jpegIMG_6213 (resized).jpeg
#1047 4 years ago

Thankful for those making orders and buying pins from us, thank you!

Let me know if I can do anything to help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com

1F41E89A-E02A-4869-985A-750554690E3D (resized).jpeg1F41E89A-E02A-4869-985A-750554690E3D (resized).jpeg67712D0F-80E9-4F22-BDAD-8896FE20ECD8 (resized).jpeg67712D0F-80E9-4F22-BDAD-8896FE20ECD8 (resized).jpegA345766D-48AA-44EB-B87F-94C546F31A4A (resized).jpegA345766D-48AA-44EB-B87F-94C546F31A4A (resized).jpeg
#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from cldavis2009:

Just finished my IJ restoration....Thanks Chris for always selling a quality product!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the order! You have a beautiful collection!

#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Got my Demolition Man handles in and installed. They look GREAT. Now the old bolts not so much. Thanks Chris![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for letting me help with them! I'd wire wheel those bolts and throw some fresh black paint on them, you'll be looking real good then

Let me know if I can help with anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1052 4 years ago

Looking for a couple of parts if anyone can help:

1) Dirty Harry wireform - the top one that goes between the buildings (pic below)
2) Addams Thing Box (would buy a few)
3) Gun/Fishing Reel Shooters
4) Wireforms to pins I don't have

Glad to trade for plating or pay cash.

Let me know what you have.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5508 (resized).jpgIMG_5508 (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I polished my bolts to match the handles I got from Chris. Wet dry sand paper and polishing pads from the hobby store worked great.

Good stuff!

Thank you to everyone who have made orders this week. You've really helped our family. We must replace our HVAC unit here at the house. Just want everyone to know how much we appreciate your support of what we do.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com

1 week later
#1055 4 years ago

Tapper coin door in brass to match the cupholders and footbar we redid....
The other arcade parts we do have done, can be seen here: http://www.pinballplating.com/arcade-parts

Thanks for looking, let me know if I can help!
Chris
615-598-0024
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
620DB73E-1249-4CBA-B1A1-BC836518B6D7 (resized).jpeg620DB73E-1249-4CBA-B1A1-BC836518B6D7 (resized).jpegE301C016-3DEE-4852-8CD0-2C7788CA9F1E (resized).jpegE301C016-3DEE-4852-8CD0-2C7788CA9F1E (resized).jpeg

#1056 4 years ago

#dr-dude Plastic Chrome we did a while back. Came out amazing. Bad Boy Bryan Kelley did an amazing job on this restoration.
These and other plastic parts we've done can be seen here: http://www.pinballplating.com/plastic-plating-coating

Chris
615-598-0024
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5462 (resized).jpegIMG_5462 (resized).jpegIMG_5461 (resized).jpegIMG_5461 (resized).jpegIMG_5457 (resized).jpegIMG_5457 (resized).jpegIMG_5458 (resized).jpegIMG_5458 (resized).jpegIMG_5456 (resized).jpegIMG_5456 (resized).jpegIMG_4758 (resized).jpgIMG_4758 (resized).jpg
#1057 4 years ago

#space-jam never looked so good!
Cause The GOAT deserves the best!

Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com

4C3ACB13-1930-4DEC-B8EB-AE3ED056E36E (resized).jpeg4C3ACB13-1930-4DEC-B8EB-AE3ED056E36E (resized).jpeg7D39A0F7-AE5E-4005-84C0-597E689D8139 (resized).jpeg7D39A0F7-AE5E-4005-84C0-597E689D8139 (resized).jpegEFDF7191-3F16-494D-8DE6-C5EC84C1C5F3 (resized).jpegEFDF7191-3F16-494D-8DE6-C5EC84C1C5F3 (resized).jpeg

#1058 4 years ago

Aprons.
This seems to be the next thing we are getting into doing more and more of, which means I'm trying to stock more of them done. And if you thought that all aprons are the same, or at least similar between a few games, you are wrong. They are mostly different from game to game. Sure, older ones are very similar, but with WPC era games - mostly all very different. Here's Tales of the Arabian Nights for example - in brass of course - which I own 3 of, and we just located 2 more. That being said, if you have a bunch you are sitting on, to titles like Theatre of Magic or Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure - let me know. I'll trade or buy.

Always looking for gun shooters as well (or fishing reels) - same thing. Errybody wants to plate them, can't say I blame them.

Let me know how I can help you with what you are working on.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com

IMG_6479 (resized).jpegIMG_6479 (resized).jpegIMG_6480 (resized).jpegIMG_6480 (resized).jpeg
#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Any progress with the side armor for new games? Just curious as we spoke on the phone awhile back. I know it was going to be some time to get going.

Nothing yet. It will happen but the guys are trying to learn the new machines and tooling. Fingers crossed....

3 weeks later
#1061 4 years ago

#shadow wireforms in black nickel. Did this set over a year ago, just because I had so many sets and thought someone might want to try it. A customer in Canada got this set recently but we will do another and try to keep on in the bins for exchange. Of course we always have brass ones as well. Black nickel is a more expensive option, on a game that already has a bunch of wireforms, but really cool stuff. These are not on the page yet, but I'll add them soon. It will be a while before I expect another set ready, they don't run the BN tank that often and it's not cheap to run it.
To "most" of our other exchange parts see here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thanks for stopping to look, let me know if I can help in any way!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_6371 (resized).jpegIMG_6371 (resized).jpegIMG_6374 (resized).jpegIMG_6374 (resized).jpegIMG_6377 (resized).jpegIMG_6377 (resized).jpegIMG_6378 (resized).jpegIMG_6378 (resized).jpegIMG_6379 (resized).jpegIMG_6379 (resized).jpegIMG_6381 (resized).jpegIMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
#1063 4 years ago

Those are so pretty it almost makes me want to buy a Shadow!
Your black nickle is awesome stuff.

Thanks man! I wish it weren’t so expensive, but it is cool.

1 week later
#1064 4 years ago

Pics from a customer of his Addams.
Sorry I haven't posted as much last few weeks, from vacation to having tons of pins come in the warehouse, life, etc, Just been busy.
Thanks to everyone, let me know if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3531 (resized).JPGIMG_3531 (resized).JPGIMG_3535 (resized).JPGIMG_3535 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

That black chrome on the shadow wire forms is awesome. I must see them in the game.

He's supposed to send me pics of it with them installed. I'll share if he does

#1067 4 years ago

Chrome things...
Holla at ya boy
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

0EFDA705-EE56-4DB4-A88B-E323E23932A8 (resized).jpeg0EFDA705-EE56-4DB4-A88B-E323E23932A8 (resized).jpeg12D08235-D05F-4027-8B91-6E27CD537790 (resized).jpeg12D08235-D05F-4027-8B91-6E27CD537790 (resized).jpeg2D77601A-C013-4D98-9A7E-F91A3E1FC690 (resized).jpeg2D77601A-C013-4D98-9A7E-F91A3E1FC690 (resized).jpeg43F4E4FB-893E-46B0-BE20-FAA2D20A5D0C (resized).jpeg43F4E4FB-893E-46B0-BE20-FAA2D20A5D0C (resized).jpeg748CC140-ADAF-424E-8A46-C1A93DDD0767 (resized).jpeg748CC140-ADAF-424E-8A46-C1A93DDD0767 (resized).jpeg879C72E1-22AD-452E-BE12-694098BD68EC (resized).jpeg879C72E1-22AD-452E-BE12-694098BD68EC (resized).jpegAA430072-ED17-44C5-9E65-7303DF02E5C4 (resized).jpegAA430072-ED17-44C5-9E65-7303DF02E5C4 (resized).jpegB7462046-AB9E-433B-99DE-A3992509A441 (resized).jpegB7462046-AB9E-433B-99DE-A3992509A441 (resized).jpegD8F28099-CBFD-44B2-847A-3D1DD1F55B07 (resized).jpegD8F28099-CBFD-44B2-847A-3D1DD1F55B07 (resized).jpeg
#1068 4 years ago

#maverick wireform set for exchange in fresh chrome - http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/data-east-sega-maverick-wireform-exchange
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3631 (resized).jpegIMG_3631 (resized).jpegIMG_3632 (resized).jpgIMG_3632 (resized).jpgIMG_3633 (resized).jpgIMG_3633 (resized).jpgIMG_3634 (resized).jpgIMG_3634 (resized).jpgIMG_3635 (resized).jpgIMG_3635 (resized).jpgIMG_3636 (resized).jpgIMG_3636 (resized).jpgIMG_3637 (resized).jpgIMG_3637 (resized).jpgIMG_3638 (resized).jpgIMG_3638 (resized).jpgIMG_3640 (resized).jpegIMG_3640 (resized).jpegIMG_3641 (resized).jpegIMG_3641 (resized).jpegIMG_3642 (resized).jpegIMG_3642 (resized).jpegIMG_3643 (resized).jpegIMG_3643 (resized).jpeg
#1069 4 years ago

Pitch and bat ramps looking SO FINE!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

9DE8B789-E25A-4ADA-9929-42AE80B7F222 (resized).jpeg9DE8B789-E25A-4ADA-9929-42AE80B7F222 (resized).jpeg97D499A0-86DD-4ED1-81C5-CC4616CCE12F (resized).jpeg97D499A0-86DD-4ED1-81C5-CC4616CCE12F (resized).jpegE5E3D60A-CFE9-4F98-AE1F-B466803A8BD4 (resized).jpegE5E3D60A-CFE9-4F98-AE1F-B466803A8BD4 (resized).jpegC2D16E21-D391-4BE4-B37B-D005EFF6ADC9 (resized).jpegC2D16E21-D391-4BE4-B37B-D005EFF6ADC9 (resized).jpeg
#1070 4 years ago

#elvira-and-the-party-monsters wireform set in chrome for exchange.
It can be found in the exchange library here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Just added tons of stuff to that page, so go check it out. Still more to put on there but it's progress
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_7521 (resized).jpegIMG_7521 (resized).jpegIMG_7522 (resized).jpegIMG_7522 (resized).jpegIMG_7518 (resized).jpegIMG_7518 (resized).jpegIMG_7519 (resized).jpegIMG_7519 (resized).jpegIMG_7523 (resized).jpegIMG_7523 (resized).jpegIMG_7525 (resized).jpegIMG_7525 (resized).jpeg
#1071 4 years ago

Gottlieb Rescue 911 wireforms in chrome - These can be seen here in our exchange library: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thanks for looking, glad to help out if I can!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_7539 (resized).jpegIMG_7539 (resized).jpegIMG_7542 (resized).jpegIMG_7542 (resized).jpegIMG_7544 (resized).jpegIMG_7544 (resized).jpegIMG_7541 (resized).jpegIMG_7541 (resized).jpegIMG_7546 (resized).jpegIMG_7546 (resized).jpegIMG_7540 (resized).jpegIMG_7540 (resized).jpegIMG_7537 (resized).jpegIMG_7537 (resized).jpegIMG_7538 (resized).jpegIMG_7538 (resized).jpeg
#1072 4 years ago

Lock plates for Bally/Williams machines

462495CB-ACC9-4BC1-8F9B-91754ADA64AC (resized).jpeg462495CB-ACC9-4BC1-8F9B-91754ADA64AC (resized).jpeg48E47B17-A6BE-4A7E-A9BF-C8912E1E8E28 (resized).jpeg48E47B17-A6BE-4A7E-A9BF-C8912E1E8E28 (resized).jpegF575335D-1085-4B96-BB48-C21BD22D2D89 (resized).jpegF575335D-1085-4B96-BB48-C21BD22D2D89 (resized).jpeg
#1073 4 years ago

Early Bally Siderails in Chrome - We keep these in stock on the shelf.
Probably need to retake these pics with a set after I clean them, that's what I get for being in a rush.
They can be found here with our other new parts: http://www.pinballplating.com/new-parts
Not listed but also available are lockbars for early Ballys - we have the legs of course too. Doing lots of these early games lately, which I love seeing!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
IMG_7509 (resized).jpegIMG_7509 (resized).jpegIMG_7514 (resized).jpegIMG_7514 (resized).jpegIMG_7506 (resized).jpegIMG_7506 (resized).jpegIMG_7511 (resized).jpegIMG_7511 (resized).jpegIMG_7515 (resized).jpegIMG_7515 (resized).jpeg

#1074 4 years ago

Making fishing reels look good one set at a time....
http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_7838 (resized).jpegIMG_7838 (resized).jpegIMG_7839 (resized).jpegIMG_7839 (resized).jpeg
#1075 4 years ago

A little gloss black powder for a STTNG

3BE6479D-46DC-4211-B165-0949EBA28143 (resized).jpeg3BE6479D-46DC-4211-B165-0949EBA28143 (resized).jpegCAB974A1-0FC0-4C86-B977-BDEBA2AA4101 (resized).jpegCAB974A1-0FC0-4C86-B977-BDEBA2AA4101 (resized).jpeg
#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

You coming to expo this time or bitchin out again
Probably time to chrome out my FH.

I don't do shows these days. Sorry, bud. Come follow me around for a day and I'll let you decide if you still want to call it that
Lots going on and it's what's best for my family. Later in life I'll be able to go and at least hang out at them and I do look forward to that.
Glad to help with FH, we do ship parts everyday
Hope all is well with you!

#1079 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This thread just makes money fall out of my wallet every time I look at it! The chrome and black parts look outstanding!
question: I have a great looking STTNG which is missing its apron guard. I have considered buying an entirely new apron, but I'd still have an apron without the guard. Do you have supply of those by chance? I won't have one to swap out obviously, but I can't find the darn thing anywhere

I do have a supply of apron guards, but I'm afraid the one on STNNG is one all to itself, in which I only own one. I will say this, a friend bought a aftermarket apron for his and then didn't need his apron or the guard for it after doing so, if that helps. He sent me his old apron and apron guard for me to use and that's the one I have now.
Thanks for keeping up and caring about what we do! Glad to help if I can!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks Chris - I guess I need to confirm next if there's any other game that has the same guard. Nobody seems to stock these! thanks a bunch

At the risk of sound like a know it all, I don't think there are. TZ, IJ, STNNG, Dredd, all each use their own apron guards. It being a widebody (superpin) changes it from the ones that are commonly found and none of those share the same one. It kinda stinks. I can send you a pic of one if you need it.

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn!
Well thanks for confirming, guys

Yeah man, sorry. I seem to tell lots of bad news about parts like that these days. Glad to help if I can.

#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lol. Well there’s still hope! If I can source one elsewhere then i may be able to justify going for the plated one

True dat! Lol

#1087 4 years ago

Early WPC doors in good ol chrome - we used to exchange these, but these days we just plate ones sent in, that way no one can be upset if they get one with a dent in it, etc. Hard to tell what you have when they are black.
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_7972 (resized).jpegIMG_7972 (resized).jpegIMG_7974 (resized).jpegIMG_7974 (resized).jpegIMG_7975 (resized).jpegIMG_7975 (resized).jpegIMG_7976 (resized).jpegIMG_7976 (resized).jpegIMG_7977 (resized).jpegIMG_7977 (resized).jpegIMG_7978 (resized).jpegIMG_7978 (resized).jpegIMG_7981 (resized).jpegIMG_7981 (resized).jpegIMG_7982 (resized).jpegIMG_7982 (resized).jpegIMG_7983 (resized).jpegIMG_7983 (resized).jpegIMG_7984 (resized).jpegIMG_7984 (resized).jpeg
#1088 4 years ago

#breakshot post - I think this is a game that doesn't get the love it should, but hey, what do I know? lol
Had a customer with a really bad looking post, this is the post that pops up and down to access the multiball feature of the game in the middle of the playfield.
It has new chrome now.
Thanks for following along!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_7998 (resized).jpegIMG_7998 (resized).jpegIMG_7999 (resized).jpegIMG_7999 (resized).jpegIMG_8001 (resized).jpegIMG_8001 (resized).jpegIMG_8002 (resized).jpegIMG_8002 (resized).jpegIMG_8004 (resized).jpegIMG_8004 (resized).jpeg
#1090 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Chris ... I'm restoring a Harlem Globetrotters. Would these be a direct replacement?

Yes they are, I also have new Bally lockbars and legs in stock.
Ha e several other early Bally pieces for exchange, shooter plate, grille, glass channel, etc. it’s all on the site between the new parts and exchange parts pages.
Glad to help!
Chris

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Hey Chris- file this under "who knew this would happen"
If you ever end up doing another Breakshot post, just chrome the main thick post, not the bottom section. Turns out that there's a really tight tolerance with the gasket in the mech below. The extra few thousandths cause the post to drag and not go down.
No big deal though, I'll just turn it down in the lathe and all will be well.
Looks amazing though. Like I said, who knew?

Thank you for letting me know this, I never would have guessed that. I just sold a Breakshot but never had the post out of it. Sorry for the trouble!

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Turned out perfect.[quoted image]

Thank you for sharing that! I was looking forward to seeing it! Enjoy the game!

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

My old school chrome lockdown bar looks great in chrome on my TBL
Thanks Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, my friend! Looks amazing. Now I want one, lol

#1097 4 years ago

Theatre of Magic parts in satin brass - these are for exchange - not a usual thing to have in stock and was actually a mistake by our guys, but figured I'd offer them up in case anyone was digging it - it is a nice change from the normal polished brass we do on these parts.
Hit me up if interested!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8079 (resized).jpegIMG_8079 (resized).jpegIMG_8081 (resized).jpegIMG_8081 (resized).jpegIMG_8080 (resized).jpegIMG_8080 (resized).jpegIMG_8085 (resized).jpegIMG_8085 (resized).jpegIMG_8084 (resized).jpegIMG_8084 (resized).jpeg
#1098 4 years ago

#twilight-zone polished stainless ramp for exchange.
Can be found here with other exchange parts: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thank you guys for looking and checking out our stuff. Let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8229 (resized).jpegIMG_8229 (resized).jpegIMG_8231 (resized).jpegIMG_8231 (resized).jpegIMG_8232 (resized).jpegIMG_8232 (resized).jpeg
#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Wow those are sweet.How do you ever come across this stuff?

LOLOL. Oh, I don't know, just luck of the draw I guess. I think some crazy pilot guy helped me grab a set of these???
Hope you are doing well, my friend!

#1101 4 years ago

A little before and after.
Polished stainless stuffs...

3150B642-85F8-408B-B8D1-E274E4954DD8 (resized).jpeg3150B642-85F8-408B-B8D1-E274E4954DD8 (resized).jpeg1CD8A26C-DF4A-4FDE-BC88-2D4C0B26098B (resized).jpeg1CD8A26C-DF4A-4FDE-BC88-2D4C0B26098B (resized).jpeg8C44A72B-7366-49FF-87A7-B8ECD8D216D6 (resized).jpeg8C44A72B-7366-49FF-87A7-B8ECD8D216D6 (resized).jpeg0F6ADCF0-6730-4272-B17A-DDF48D87F7E9 (resized).jpeg0F6ADCF0-6730-4272-B17A-DDF48D87F7E9 (resized).jpeg

#1102 4 years ago

Early Bally Shooter Rods.... 8 inch versions and 9 inch versions. Which goes to what? I actually don't know, and I'm curious.
I know Playboy and Six Million Dollar Man each use 9s. Was there a cutoff for a time before that had the shorter?
Also, if you notice the 9s I have there have different positioning for the C clips...
Discuss if you will....

59184810503__A3ACF044-6751-4548-B826-CEAAF2A502AB (resized).jpg59184810503__A3ACF044-6751-4548-B826-CEAAF2A502AB (resized).jpg59184819112__F7FEE338-9D06-4A39-A571-93DABF0BF730 (resized).jpg59184819112__F7FEE338-9D06-4A39-A571-93DABF0BF730 (resized).jpgIMG_8262 (resized).jpegIMG_8262 (resized).jpegIMG_8263 (resized).jpegIMG_8263 (resized).jpeg
#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Chris does amazing work. Photos cannot possibly do it justice.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love seeing these older games get the love!!! Those look so good!

#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Now thats Purdy

Thank you, my friend!
Any thoughts on longer vs shorter shooter rods? You know all the things, right???

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Chris has donated a set of chrome legs (incl. shipping) to the Project Pinball Silent Auction at Expo. I am excited to be able to offer this up for auction and the donation is appreciated. Thank you for your support!

I love Project Pinball, glad to be involved!
And for the record.... It's a set of Chrome OR Brass Bally/Williams OR Stern legs - our custom bolts to match are included.

#1109 4 years ago

Any other Metallica fans out there? This was a screenshot of Lars answering questions after the release of the new S&M movie - which I saw last night. Cool they have kept their pin around in their hangout.
I really hope to get a Roadcase edition at some point. One of these days.
Hope everyone is doing well, let me know if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8390 (resized).pngIMG_8390 (resized).png
#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Thanks for the correction, I will make note of it.

For sure! Hopefully the options will help get some bids. Good luck with it!

#1112 4 years ago

Tapper cupholders, one of the nicest sets I've seen. Had to beat them in brass.
Thanks for looking! Let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8503 (resized).jpegIMG_8503 (resized).jpegIMG_8505 (resized).jpegIMG_8505 (resized).jpegIMG_8506 (resized).jpegIMG_8506 (resized).jpegIMG_8507 (resized).jpegIMG_8507 (resized).jpegIMG_8511 (resized).jpegIMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
#1113 4 years ago

If you are in the Nashville area and ever looking for a pin, hit us up for an appointment to see what we have. We are always working on a few to ready them for their future homes. This is pics of a couple of the rows in the warehouse, there are more than what’s seen.
Stay updated on what we have at www.hotrodarcade.com
And of course get your plating fix at www.pinballplating.com
Thanks for looking, hope everyone has had a great weekend!
Chris
[email protected]

1D587B5D-B589-49E4-91F9-F20B7599A008 (resized).jpeg1D587B5D-B589-49E4-91F9-F20B7599A008 (resized).jpeg3B3085CF-1B70-492B-AB60-FBAE834C28FB (resized).jpeg3B3085CF-1B70-492B-AB60-FBAE834C28FB (resized).jpeg68D9B9C6-F12E-48DA-84E3-F6F9EC400038 (resized).jpeg68D9B9C6-F12E-48DA-84E3-F6F9EC400038 (resized).jpegBE2AFCAB-E14C-4486-A999-DAF7DEDDE1AC (resized).jpegBE2AFCAB-E14C-4486-A999-DAF7DEDDE1AC (resized).jpeg
#1115 4 years ago

Im very lucky you are not closer. That is one tempting room of pins.

That's just 2 rows, you should come out sometime, I have guys that deliver games to Cali

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Looks great Chris! Got the chrome parts installed on my CFTBL. Still need to put on your IJ stuff. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you are loving the stuff, that Creech looks amazing! Makes me miss mine :/ --
Thank you for the orders and your friendship!!!

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Got the brass parts on IJ. It looks great!!! The speaker and bottom u channel couldn’t be any easier if anyone didn’t know. It’s four screw in each. And I think Chris says you want to wax the brass. I do hope that’s still the case.
Easy 30 minute project and excuse to wax the cabinet and other brass while there.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing the pics!!! And thank you for bringing up this question... so let me use this opportunity to teach folks that don't know about this.

YES, WAX YOUR BRASS
I'd do all the parts after the install then from there, really just the parts that your hands touch is what's important.
I use a spray wax you can get in any auto care section of a store or automotive parts store, McGuires, Mothers, whoever you like. I spray it onto a very soft clean clean and just rub/clean/polish the parts periodically. If you do this, you should never have problems with the finish. This is THE way you should clean and wipe down your brass/coppper/black nickel platings. You do not need to do this with your chrome, but when wiping chrome do not use a dry towel, even if it's soft. It needs polish or I often use windex, but it needs to again be a soft towel. Otherwise you risk scratching your finish and nobody wants that!

WHY DO I NEED TO DO THIS?
Your brass (and copper or black nickel) plated parts have a automotive clear coat on them to protect the finish on them after they have been plated and polished.
The wax will protect the clear coat from the acid in your hands, which otherwise over time can eat through the clear and then begin to discolor and remove your plating.

HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO THIS?
I don't myself do it as often as I should, but I would recommend anytime you are doing wipe-downs on your machines, getting ready for a party or just cleaning them up, do it. If you do it that often then you'll never have to worry about it.

This has been your lesson for the day from pinballplating.com
Let me know if I can help anyone with anything!
Chris
[email protected]

#1122 4 years ago

Brass WPC coin doors are back in stock...
Let me know if I can help with something!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

469C1004-9985-4697-9FB1-82643D2F4004 (resized).jpeg469C1004-9985-4697-9FB1-82643D2F4004 (resized).jpeg
#1123 4 years ago

Jukebox Wallbox in for chrome.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8922 (resized).jpegIMG_8922 (resized).jpegIMG_8925 (resized).jpegIMG_8925 (resized).jpegIMG_8926 (resized).jpegIMG_8926 (resized).jpegIMG_8928 (resized).jpegIMG_8928 (resized).jpegIMG_8929 (resized).jpegIMG_8929 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1124 4 years ago

Apron for a Williams game - I'm keeping more of these in stock for different titles. This one fits Bride of Pinbot but I sent it out in exchange for one on a Whirlwind. Sometimes I just need some good pics of yours to see if I have the same one in stock in chrome or brass.
Glad to help if I can, thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

59409215632__6AFB1ABF-29D7-49BF-8C83-D518B91D4394 (resized).jpg59409215632__6AFB1ABF-29D7-49BF-8C83-D518B91D4394 (resized).jpg59409216806__2B5A38E9-3233-4BED-B9EE-D3940A91EDBE (resized).jpg59409216806__2B5A38E9-3233-4BED-B9EE-D3940A91EDBE (resized).jpg59409218362__4631EF42-A216-41D0-937B-1318A034F028 (resized).jpg59409218362__4631EF42-A216-41D0-937B-1318A034F028 (resized).jpg
#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Thank you Mr. Royalty![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful machine! You always do an amazing job! Thank you for letting me help with it. Has me fired up to get mine done when we finally get to a new shop.
If anyone else needs BOP stuff - I keep it in stock, errday of the week!
Thanks, Bryan!

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from Who_Scott:

Just a couple of pics of a Guns N Roses Shooter Chris plated for me with a couple of our extras added on! Thanks Again Chris![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That thing looks really good. I'm digging the handles on it too. May need to look into those for mine. Thank you for letting me help with it!
Chris

#1133 4 years ago

Nickel job we did for a customer. I love seeing this old stuff come to life like this.
Let me know if I can help with something!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_0597 (resized).jpegIMG_0597 (resized).jpegIMG_0599 (resized).jpegIMG_0599 (resized).jpegIMG_0600 (resized).jpegIMG_0600 (resized).jpegIMG_0601 (resized).jpegIMG_0601 (resized).jpegIMG_0602 (resized).jpegIMG_0602 (resized).jpegIMG_0603 (resized).jpegIMG_0603 (resized).jpegIMG_0604 (resized).jpegIMG_0604 (resized).jpegIMG_0605 (resized).jpegIMG_0605 (resized).jpegIMG_0606 (resized).jpegIMG_0606 (resized).jpeg
#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Do you have an exchange program for a full set of WPC 95 armor
legs, hinges, lock bar, rails, and hardware.
If so whats the cost. THX Allen

Allen,
I have all of that stuff on the shelf ready to go in chrome or brass. We do some powder work too on those things, but that is custom and you have to wait for it.
I sell these parts new, as we have our parts made out of new steel, not stainless, which is much better for plating.
You can see them and pricing under new parts here: http://www.pinballplating.com/new-parts
Glad to help however I can.
EMAIL me orders at [email protected]
Thanks!
Chris

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Thanks Eric... it's somewhat confusing when several posts are made, responses provided, then not clear on what questions they were referenced to.
Thanks again
Kerry

I think I'm still lost on what was going on there, lol. I was making a post and didn't realize other people were posting on the thread tonight at the same time, lol.
I'll always take the bumps on the post tho, helps people see what we are doing

#1140 4 years ago

Also Kerry, I should have PMd you.
Art was making these awesome wood gun grips for shadow. #oldpinguy. They were so awesome I dont own shadow and almost got a set.

Funny Chris. But bumping is good.

Yes it is!!! And if you have a link to the grips drop it in here. Since we plate those guns I’m sure others would like to see, I know I would.

#1141 4 years ago

Early Bally Rails
These are new parts that we keep on the shelf in chrome. Made from new steel, not stainless, but just like the originals.
This is one of the hottest things we are seeing move these days, as so many are doing NICE restores on these earlier games.
They can be found on our new parts page: http://www.pinballplating.com/new-parts
We also have early Bally legs, lockbars and several exchange parts like, shooter plates, glass channels, etc.
Email orders to [email protected]
Let us know how we can help!
Chris
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_0706 (resized).jpegIMG_0706 (resized).jpegIMG_0707 (resized).jpegIMG_0707 (resized).jpegIMG_0708 (resized).jpegIMG_0708 (resized).jpegIMG_0711 (resized).jpegIMG_0711 (resized).jpegIMG_0714 (resized).jpegIMG_0714 (resized).jpeg
#1142 4 years ago

#fish-tales wireform set for exchange. For whatever reason we've not had these on the site (over looked it) and added them today.
We've actually been exchanging these for at least a couple of years now, with several sets ready at most any time.
They can be seen on our Exchange Parts page here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Glad to help however I can!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_0716 (resized).jpegIMG_0716 (resized).jpegIMG_0717 (resized).jpegIMG_0717 (resized).jpegIMG_0720 (resized).jpegIMG_0720 (resized).jpegIMG_0723 (resized).jpegIMG_0723 (resized).jpeg
#1143 4 years ago

Looking for a WPC-S CPU if anyone has one: A-17651-50042 - for a Johnny M.
Thanks!

#1144 4 years ago

Small Biz Saturday...
Been a little busy but glad to help if I can.
We have two websites where you can browse all the things... and truth it all of the things are never on the sites so if you are looking for something feel free to ask. Thanks for looking and for your support of what we do!
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com
Chris
[email protected]

Hot Rod Arcade Logo.pdfHot Rod Arcade Logo.pdfPinball Plating - Pinball Magazine Ad (resized).jpgPinball Plating - Pinball Magazine Ad (resized).jpg
#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Chris, you do beautiful work. I love the chrome on my Indy 500 and brass on Indiana Jones. If anyone is on the fence climb down and contact Chris now, you will not regret it.

That is super kind of you to say, thank you so much!

I am glad to help whoever I can!
Email me at [email protected] if anyone needs me or wants to place a order

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hey Chris ! We have a SE attack coming
Looking to do a cool powder coat trim ?
Maybe a darker green metallic?
Burnt orange ?

Hey bud, thank you for all you allow me to help you with! You guys have an amazing collection!
I'll be looking at oranges tomorrow for you, it's on my list

1 week later
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Random question.Does plating hide dimpling from rust? I would imagine it would depending on the severity of the dimples.

Sorry guys, I haven't been on in a bit. So great question. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. The questions are: how bad is the pitting on the part, what is it made of, and what is the desired finish. Many times we do repair stuff, so in many and I might say in most situations it can be overcome and yes, covered up. This includes leading, soldering, grinding of the part to get it to a place where it can be smooth again before it is plated. Our guys are true craftsmen who are used to bringing back really rough parts, for classic cars, or whatever. That being said, every once in a while a certain part, thin metal, small parts, are tough to repair. But we have done lots of stuff that I know most of the owners thought it was a goner, and we made them better than new. One thing that sticks out is the end caps to early lockbars. They tend to be really rough, we've even repaired those with holes through them where someone has pried them off the bar and broken a literal hole out of them. Those are pot metal and our guys do have the skills to fix that sort of thing. It's crazy.
Glad to help if I can.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Sorry guys, I haven't been on in a bit. So great question. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. The questions are: how bad is the pitting on the part, what is it made of, and what is the desired finish. Many times we do repair stuff, so in many and I might say in most situations it can be overcome and yes, covered up. This includes leading, soldering, grinding of the part to get it to a place where it can be smooth again before it is plated. Our guys are true craftsmen who are used to bringing back really rough parts, for classic cars, or whatever. That being said, every once in a while a certain part, thin metal, small parts, are tough to repair. But we have done lots of stuff that I know most of the owners thought it was a goner, and we made them better than new. One thing that sticks out is the end caps to early lockbars. They tend to be really rough, we've even repaired those with holes through them where someone has pried them off the bar and broken a literal hole out of them. Those are pot metal and our guys do have the skills to fix that sort of thing. It's crazy.
Glad to help if I can.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

Also, I had a afterthought, it does help the more plating put on the part, as long as the part is not over plated, which is a thing, and it's not good.
Basically, you have to imagine that there are layers to plating. The layers go on as copper, then nickel, then chrome (or brass/black nickel). So most often in plating there are 3 layers of different platings, polishing and stuff between. A typical part is handled 6-8 times before it's done. It's very labor intensive, and much of the reason it costs more than other things, on top things like having to dispose of waste and make our environmental friends happy with the way everything is done, which costs any plating shop these days, tons of money. This is also the reason many are shutting down. It's more and more all the time.
Hope some of that info helps. Basically, the layers help cover the bad stuff, but the truth is most of that needs to be handled before the plating process, like most things, prep is everything.

#1153 4 years ago

Here is my resident part I show people of what happens when something is overplated. Someone sent this to us wanting us to fix it, which can't be done. It's ruined and a reason in why you have to be careful who plates your stuff. If they are not used to doing parts like the gun handles, wireforms, etc, they can screw them up royally.

IMG_0630 (resized).jpegIMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
#1154 4 years ago

And here are some pieces we've done in the last couple of months that came in pretty rough. The wallbox juke piece was especially impressive, as not only was it rough, but it was very thin and flimsy. They can take metal off to overcome the pitting in some situations but in this one you couldn't take much. The juke restorer we did it for was very impressed.

IMG_8923 (resized).jpegIMG_8923 (resized).jpegIMG_8925 (resized).jpegIMG_8925 (resized).jpegIMG_9075 (resized).jpegIMG_9075 (resized).jpeg
#1155 4 years ago

Chrome for a Deadpool - coindoor not pictured was done too
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

3C258CB8-83C7-4376-938E-960840AE7549 (resized).jpeg3C258CB8-83C7-4376-938E-960840AE7549 (resized).jpeg4326EF3D-C539-49EA-A714-C9525EC8BBED (resized).jpeg4326EF3D-C539-49EA-A714-C9525EC8BBED (resized).jpegCF93B3CC-9F37-4FD9-BD8B-F1D131143DA7 (resized).jpegCF93B3CC-9F37-4FD9-BD8B-F1D131143DA7 (resized).jpegDC508BD2-32CA-4140-B175-CD77C4AEC194 (resized).jpegDC508BD2-32CA-4140-B175-CD77C4AEC194 (resized).jpegF7611042-6971-4BA5-9EB9-86F3A5D049AB (resized).jpegF7611042-6971-4BA5-9EB9-86F3A5D049AB (resized).jpeg
#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I figured the plating would hide some of it that’s why I asked. I have a heavily pitted coin door and coin entry plate that I was looking to do. I think it’s doable because I sanded one area like crazy and it came out pretty good.

Feel free to shoot me some pics, glad to help however I can. [email protected]

#1158 4 years ago

Old school wide body Lockbar for a Gottlieb system 80. Customer/friend needed one, we had to hit a bunch of pins a while back and that gave us one to chrome and sell.
Let me know if I can help you!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

25CD5848-B663-482C-BC23-E55626C27FB5 (resized).jpeg25CD5848-B663-482C-BC23-E55626C27FB5 (resized).jpegF893C5A6-A69F-4E05-9662-61EDD7756C99 (resized).jpegF893C5A6-A69F-4E05-9662-61EDD7756C99 (resized).jpeg49667F0F-C6E6-4FC5-B7CA-983D2F32A16E (resized).jpeg49667F0F-C6E6-4FC5-B7CA-983D2F32A16E (resized).jpeg7F63935A-CE4F-45E1-B040-D463B2DB5892 (resized).jpeg7F63935A-CE4F-45E1-B040-D463B2DB5892 (resized).jpeg
#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

[quoted image]
Hey Chris, is there a way to fill in with welding or something the 8 speaker bolt indents on the panel before plating so the whole panel is perfectly smooth?

With more money anything is possible
Biggest Hong is it would have to be stripped first, so you could see those places, the weld and grind. But I will say it might be problematic. Those panels are not thick at all, so it could warp the panel?? Hard to know, labor is money is the bottom line.

2 weeks later
#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Here’s the chrome Chris did for my Deadpool!! Amazing work![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That thing looks amazing! Thank you for letting me help!

#1163 4 years ago

This is a pretty big piece we did for a customer. It's probably 2 1/2 feet tall? It was raw steel someone cut out and was a Christmas present for this lady's husband. Apparently it was a hit!

Glad to help if I can, check out our new off the shelf parts ready to go for pinballs and exchange parts as well at www.pinballplating.com
Thanks for following along!
Chris
615-598-0024

IMG_1006 (resized).jpegIMG_1006 (resized).jpegIMG_1008 (resized).jpegIMG_1008 (resized).jpeg
#1164 4 years ago

Hunted down some oddball stuff we have for exchange but some of it not on the site. Random chrome plating whatnots lol
Hope all is well with everyone!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

1F0C566D-3A93-4225-90B3-4DAB83A43C71 (resized).jpeg1F0C566D-3A93-4225-90B3-4DAB83A43C71 (resized).jpeg6D259F98-CC23-4246-87C6-5A05BD4D43B8 (resized).jpeg6D259F98-CC23-4246-87C6-5A05BD4D43B8 (resized).jpegF7888868-75ED-4337-8667-43214E71B0F5 (resized).jpegF7888868-75ED-4337-8667-43214E71B0F5 (resized).jpegD7F7962B-F7C9-466D-A2E0-8C489494F482 (resized).jpegD7F7962B-F7C9-466D-A2E0-8C489494F482 (resized).jpeg0D2C3A18-F467-435D-AA06-05E5F51D9814 (resized).jpeg0D2C3A18-F467-435D-AA06-05E5F51D9814 (resized).jpeg76BE266D-A3F3-4BEB-8089-E8FB96BB8090 (resized).jpeg76BE266D-A3F3-4BEB-8089-E8FB96BB8090 (resized).jpegF0B3850E-754F-4B14-B3DE-5692BB52F3CB (resized).jpegF0B3850E-754F-4B14-B3DE-5692BB52F3CB (resized).jpeg5347855C-DBA1-4C1D-AC6E-6549231A9B2E (resized).jpeg5347855C-DBA1-4C1D-AC6E-6549231A9B2E (resized).jpeg
#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Have any wpc-89 playfield supports in chrome that I could exchange?

I have those two sets of playfield supports you see in the pictures. Got a pic of the service brackets? I'm sure I know what you are talking about but I may call it something different. Glad to help!

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Def have the power box, and prob have those supports - although yours looks like it might be bent? Not sure about that, the ones I have don't have a indention in the middle of them.

Quoted from MJW:

Support brackets? Look similar to what you have.[quoted image]

And I should have the playfield hooks as well.
Glad to help!
Chris

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Ok thanks. Looks like mine were bent don’t point on pins life. I’ll be in touch. Would like to power box , service supports and playfield hooks.

Glad to help, my friend, just let me know!
Chris

#1174 4 years ago

New item in the Exchange Library - #lord-of-the-rings Apron in Brass Plating for exchange
Send us yours, we'll send back one already done. Just sent this one out, but we'll have another one soon.
You can see more about it here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/lord-of-the-rings-pinball-apron-lotr-exchange

Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

2020-01-09 17.46.15 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.46.15 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.46.42 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.46.42 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.47.19 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.47.19 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.47.01 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.47.01 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.47.31 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.47.31 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.47.40 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.47.40 (resized).jpg
#1175 4 years ago

These are proto/early run #indiana-jones upper playfield rails, these are red plastic pieces on the regular production games.
They come stainless, but we polished these for a customer as they are not exactly pretty from the factory.

Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

2020-01-09 17.45.57 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.45.57 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.45.36 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.45.36 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.45.44 (resized).jpg2020-01-09 17.45.44 (resized).jpg
#1178 4 years ago

If you could cad those before shipping back and reproduce them....Several people would want them in Brass!

Funny that you say that.... patience young grasshopper...

Quoted from woody76:

yes they would and I think he is working on that. I was about to get them made when I decided Chris could just have it all.

You want it all back? lolol

2 weeks later
#1179 4 years ago

Couple of pics from a customer of a Theatre of Magic we did the wireforms and magnet holder.
We keep wireforms and many other unobtainable parts ready to go and already plated in our Exchange Library, where you send in your original undamaged/unaltered parts and get ones already plated in return. You can see most of them here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Chris
[email protected] <--- send ALL orders and requests here.
www.pinballplating.com
image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

#1180 4 years ago

A customer wanted to do their The Shadow wireforms in chrome, so we did
Chris
[email protected] <--- send ALL orders and requests here.
www.pinballplating.com

1C764F3A-5F02-4258-BBA9-B55E33B07E47 (resized).jpeg1C764F3A-5F02-4258-BBA9-B55E33B07E47 (resized).jpegD56925E9-6680-4501-AA84-0548BF5E2F79 (resized).jpegD56925E9-6680-4501-AA84-0548BF5E2F79 (resized).jpeg
#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Same here. I’m going to be doing a tear down on my shadow and can’t decide to keep it brass or go black or chrome.

I keep brass and black nickel ready to go now. Might eventually do the same with chrome. Glad to help!

3 weeks later
#1185 4 years ago

Old school Stern coin bezel that ate it in shipping. We straightened it and of course chrome plating in the end.

Sorry I haven’t posted much lately, so busy, with all the things, family, business, ministry, you name it.

Thank you to all who have continued reaching out for orders.
Let me know if we can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

00890365-B9C9-46CC-A4D9-BDE6F9825E65 (resized).jpeg00890365-B9C9-46CC-A4D9-BDE6F9825E65 (resized).jpeg05255D5D-9FE8-47C1-9D62-F0CA46E9193A (resized).jpeg05255D5D-9FE8-47C1-9D62-F0CA46E9193A (resized).jpeg98EBCD45-9EB9-4049-A3BF-327A80E43195 (resized).jpeg98EBCD45-9EB9-4049-A3BF-327A80E43195 (resized).jpeg9E67479D-8DE5-408E-AA51-706A6F284975 (resized).jpeg9E67479D-8DE5-408E-AA51-706A6F284975 (resized).jpeg
#1187 4 years ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

on my totan, i had the internal ramp, switch cover, + drop hole done by mike chestnut about a decade ago. mike's work has held up with no maintenance for a decade. the quality is top notch. the brass touch is perfect.
i contacted chris to finally get siderails and the lockdown bar. the new siderails and lockdown bar's brass reflection is indescribable.
down the road, i think i'll do the shooter rod, that rear glass guide, and definitely need legs all in brass.
thanks, chris.
as a note, they have created a brass custom style siderail with cutout arabic writing. there was a picture on the sample flyer inside of my package. holy cow...that is cool.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love that TOTAN, it looks amazing!
Thank you for letting me help with it, I’m here whenever you want to do the other stuff
Chris

#1188 4 years ago

IJ proto upper playfield inside pieces polished

4875957F-9D7F-4A3B-9512-A35292EBC5BD (resized).jpeg4875957F-9D7F-4A3B-9512-A35292EBC5BD (resized).jpeg821FEDC1-5EE5-49A0-8BC0-DE7F4DDED6EA (resized).jpeg821FEDC1-5EE5-49A0-8BC0-DE7F4DDED6EA (resized).jpegB9951FAF-DFC3-4B34-9ED4-D193F0666EA9 (resized).jpegB9951FAF-DFC3-4B34-9ED4-D193F0666EA9 (resized).jpeg
#1189 4 years ago

I've had several of you reach out to check on us, and we are very grateful for each one of you!
For those that don't know, we had some pretty crazy storms and tornadoes tear through here last night. We are all ok. Many suffered loss of homes and some even lost loved ones. We will be a part of the clean up effort and helping others through this time.
If you are interested in giving financially toward this, I will be posting a link later this week, on my personal facebook. It will not be going to me, but the church where I serve and ALL of the money will be used to help or given to those in need, every dime. We have a great system of checks and balances where no one can run off with money or any of that and I know what it's like to not know who to trust in those areas, all too well.
We will be hands on in the relief effort. This is not our first time to do this, many times we've taken 50-70 people out of state to help in these types of situations, not to mention the flood here in Nashville about 10 years ago, which we worked with a community through for over a full year. We've got a ton of very skilled folks that love to love on others and that's what we intend to do. If you want to come get your hands dirty, we welcome it!
Keep us in your prayers in the days ahead and thank you to everyone who has reached out!
Chris
ESL-F4-XkAA8b9y (resized).jpgESL-F4-XkAA8b9y (resized).jpg

#1191 4 years ago

I'm so very happy you and your family are safe!
You are an amazing person who helps his church and community so much!
My prayers are out for all who lost loved ones and homes and friends.
My heart just sunk so much to hear Ron (woody) was affected by this disaster. I believe he is ok and seek more news. The other thread alludes he was hit hard. My thoughts and prayers are for woody today sending my love.

Eric, thanks man, really appreciate that.
Yes, Woody has taken a super hard hit. I messaged him right after the tornado went through to find out his house was destroyed. Please if anyone can help him, here is a go fund me set up for his family, I know they could use any help.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/woodard-tornado-relief-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

1 week later
#1192 4 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm sorry if I haven't responded to a email or message, this has been a crazy time, between the Tornado work we've been doing and then the virus stuff. Many of you know, I pastor a church and this has created a lot of extra work on that end of things. I hope to be caught up with emails and messages later tonight. Thank you for your patience. We are still working and doing orders for plating and parts. Glad to help if we can as we are starting to get caught up here. Thanks again for your understanding.
Chris

Also, here's some pics of some Bally/Williams trim I figured we stock a few sets of in COPPER --- Works great on Big Lebowski
Not on the site yet but it will be.
2019-12-19 20.08.52 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.08.52 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.08.58 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.08.58 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.06 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.06 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.12 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.12 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.19 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.19 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.23 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.23 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.54 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.09.54 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.00 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.00 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.04 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.04 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.26 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.26 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.34 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.34 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.44 (resized).jpg2019-12-19 20.10.44 (resized).jpg

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks bud, I actually think these pics of the copper came out kinda bad, it's hard to capture it's true color, I love it. Wish it showed up better.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Looks good buddy, hang in there and let me know if you need anything. You are doing some amazing work in the community.

Thanks man, you are too kind. Appreciate you, let me know if we can do anything for you! Let's eat lunch too.

#1197 4 years ago

Someone needed a pretty through, we were happy to oblige. Chrome plating it is! (over stainless is tricky)
Let us know how we can help. Lots of parts ready on the shelf to buy straight out and many others ready for you to send in an exchange.
See it all at www.pinballplating.com
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]

6A22C7C0-0CB6-4775-8DAC-9E9F5136C2BD (resized).jpeg6A22C7C0-0CB6-4775-8DAC-9E9F5136C2BD (resized).jpegB2361AAF-D3DA-475E-91AD-5964FA32CBF5 (resized).jpegB2361AAF-D3DA-475E-91AD-5964FA32CBF5 (resized).jpegC0517A12-1FC3-4861-A607-9333D68610F1 (resized).jpegC0517A12-1FC3-4861-A607-9333D68610F1 (resized).jpegE8AF4A2F-E306-4FEE-A09E-17B81A51CC6A (resized).jpegE8AF4A2F-E306-4FEE-A09E-17B81A51CC6A (resized).jpeg
#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

plated parts, records, and plenty of bottled water. well done sir.

LOL, here's my latest one... US pressing still sealed -- now I have to find one to listen to, lol

2020-03-23 20.44.03 (resized).jpg2020-03-23 20.44.03 (resized).jpg
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

LOL, well it will not be that one.

That was def a pre Corona purchase lol

#1202 4 years ago

Did a set of IJ wireforms in Black Nickel plating for a customer, but haven’t heard anything back from them about sending theirs. Has me thinking...

0C9E058C-C918-44E4-B9A2-62A6F7B2158F (resized).jpeg0C9E058C-C918-44E4-B9A2-62A6F7B2158F (resized).jpegBB4EC015-0E6B-4A72-A30F-EC18A5989233 (resized).jpegBB4EC015-0E6B-4A72-A30F-EC18A5989233 (resized).jpegCB0F5F2F-90B1-44D2-B5C5-7B046FF002E5 (resized).jpegCB0F5F2F-90B1-44D2-B5C5-7B046FF002E5 (resized).jpegEA05209A-1A6B-4687-970F-C734D8DCAD18 (resized).jpegEA05209A-1A6B-4687-970F-C734D8DCAD18 (resized).jpeg
#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The black looks really nice!

It's pretty cool. May change mine out in the days ahead. It's a bit more pricey than brass, but it makes a statement too.

1 week later
#1205 4 years ago

Disco dark purple over gloss black
Thanks for looking, hope everyone is staying safe!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

072C673C-02E8-4846-A4CC-2614D00EA425 (resized).jpeg072C673C-02E8-4846-A4CC-2614D00EA425 (resized).jpeg27325F4C-27EA-499E-93DF-3FB87EC5DFAA (resized).jpeg27325F4C-27EA-499E-93DF-3FB87EC5DFAA (resized).jpeg30066D97-9BAE-45D4-A00D-8F9BE514A279 (resized).jpeg30066D97-9BAE-45D4-A00D-8F9BE514A279 (resized).jpegFE8E8450-E8EA-4147-A499-851E0BE5A992 (resized).jpegFE8E8450-E8EA-4147-A499-851E0BE5A992 (resized).jpeg
#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just a shout out to Chris. Doing a T2 restoration with a playfield swap. Switched out the chrome gun as well as all the wireforms that Chris exchanges. They are gorgeous. Wireforms are all installed and totally bring the playfield to a new level. Haven't installed the gun yet because the cabinet isn't complete. Thanks Chris. Awesome work.[quoted image]

Thank you for letting us help! I appreciate the order, let me know if I can do anything else for ya!
Chris

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Looks sharp! Any particular game in mind?

Thanks! They are for a customer, pretty sure he's putting them on a Star Trek Next Generation. They are still hanging here, as he's sending his gun handle in to exchange fore a black nickel one

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

what is your turn around time on chrome work. just a bunch of small em parts

I never quote times, just be ready to be patient. Could be weeks, could be months. Things have been much faster as of late, but there is also the threat of our guys having to shut down with the orders in place of staying at home, etc. It's was the topic of conversation on Friday, if we'd be fined if continuing to work, etc. So everything is up in the air.

FYI: I'm turning away screws, washers, small wire ball guides or anything deemed really small. It's just too much work an no one wants to pay for it, and our guys hate doing them. It's often more time consuming to do the smallest of things than the larger, not to mention it's easy to lose them.
Glad to do brackets, buttons, bolts (we do tons of carriage bolts), etc. Just something to think about when getting an order ready and glad to help get done whatever we can!

Here's a link to where it goes and what to send if needed: http://www.pinballplating.com/order-off-the-shelf
Thanks!
Chris

#1212 4 years ago

Copper WPC coin door...
Going on a The Big Lebowski
I’m keeping full copper trim sets for WPC games now, which also fit BL.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

46E687D0-E794-45AC-944C-0C1EBC6BC766 (resized).jpeg46E687D0-E794-45AC-944C-0C1EBC6BC766 (resized).jpeg4F49C817-0778-4352-9D61-950FAB697293 (resized).jpeg4F49C817-0778-4352-9D61-950FAB697293 (resized).jpegAC6EAC05-574C-45BB-8054-2FA3694AB1C1 (resized).jpegAC6EAC05-574C-45BB-8054-2FA3694AB1C1 (resized).jpeg
#1213 4 years ago

Gloss black WPC Bally/Williams trim/armor available on the shelf alongside our usual chrome, brass, and copper plating.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]

043DCC29-75DA-4418-8954-9D5865E2BD36 (resized).jpeg043DCC29-75DA-4418-8954-9D5865E2BD36 (resized).jpeg045EA882-763A-44FB-B666-A08AC25BF897 (resized).jpeg045EA882-763A-44FB-B666-A08AC25BF897 (resized).jpeg42772AE2-94A3-4FC7-B906-3EF45F24E02C (resized).jpeg42772AE2-94A3-4FC7-B906-3EF45F24E02C (resized).jpeg6BCA27AC-DD47-4352-9FF5-165BC45980B1 (resized).jpeg6BCA27AC-DD47-4352-9FF5-165BC45980B1 (resized).jpeg8178A109-7142-4244-BD67-E4C4A4644372 (resized).jpeg8178A109-7142-4244-BD67-E4C4A4644372 (resized).jpeg9C392501-2815-43D9-A053-FA058D6D9945 (resized).jpeg9C392501-2815-43D9-A053-FA058D6D9945 (resized).jpegAE1C196B-5753-4AE0-9902-1ECF41884F9B (resized).jpegAE1C196B-5753-4AE0-9902-1ECF41884F9B (resized).jpegB8B6BBC8-EC5E-44F9-B6F9-58A872307A16 (resized).jpegB8B6BBC8-EC5E-44F9-B6F9-58A872307A16 (resized).jpegEF74B38A-466C-4870-A077-8C73CB1097F5 (resized).jpegEF74B38A-466C-4870-A077-8C73CB1097F5 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1214 4 years ago

Copper plating - The Big Lebowski
More to come...
All contact and orders go to [email protected]
Thanks for watching!
Chris
www.pinballplating.com

63750B44-DD76-400D-B96A-0D70DD71BE3E (resized).jpeg63750B44-DD76-400D-B96A-0D70DD71BE3E (resized).jpegD1436773-EED8-4CCF-B835-EF530FBDD5E4 (resized).jpegD1436773-EED8-4CCF-B835-EF530FBDD5E4 (resized).jpegD99E1B30-F43E-4512-9E18-EF00EA7024C1 (resized).jpegD99E1B30-F43E-4512-9E18-EF00EA7024C1 (resized).jpeg
#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Thanks again Chris for all your plating work. Helping me bring this game back to beyond its former glory. Disregard the bunny rabbit I can’t seem to get it to delete off my page happy Easter LOL[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm going to need you to drop that Safecracker off at the house next week. I'll let you know when I don't need it anymore.

#1218 3 years ago

IJ subway chrome
I suddenly feel like my IJ isn’t measuring up... lol
Thanks for checking in!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

89CB88A3-C592-48D3-89C7-300E94DBF1F1 (resized).jpeg89CB88A3-C592-48D3-89C7-300E94DBF1F1 (resized).jpegE68C2B18-71A3-4292-99E5-E90D545621E2 (resized).jpegE68C2B18-71A3-4292-99E5-E90D545621E2 (resized).jpeg

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Thanks Chris
Next up 8 Ball

I'm digging it, we need to get you a door
Beautiful as always, my friend!

#1223 3 years ago

Chrome plating on playfield parts for a Williams Blackout restoration.
If we can help you let us know!
Always email over other messaging... [email protected]
Thanks!
Chris
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3643 (resized).jpegIMG_3643 (resized).jpegIMG_3644 (resized).jpegIMG_3644 (resized).jpegIMG_3645 (resized).jpegIMG_3645 (resized).jpegIMG_3646 (resized).jpegIMG_3646 (resized).jpegIMG_3647 (resized).jpegIMG_3647 (resized).jpegIMG_3648 (resized).jpegIMG_3648 (resized).jpegIMG_3649 (resized).jpegIMG_3649 (resized).jpegIMG_3650 (resized).jpegIMG_3650 (resized).jpegIMG_3651 (resized).jpegIMG_3651 (resized).jpeg
#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

There’s something about the older pins
Bally’s , Willams , Gottliebs
Chrome never gets old !

I can't agree more

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

and older pinheads

Lol, none of us are getting any younger

#1230 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Even Gorgar likes a little !
Me Got Chrome !

That has to be one of the nicest Gorgars around. It's a new playfield or NOS, correct?

#1231 3 years ago

Spidey chrome

01D1C8C9-D1E1-41A3-844C-F6FF84EC573C (resized).jpeg01D1C8C9-D1E1-41A3-844C-F6FF84EC573C (resized).jpeg3DCF24EB-5A01-4677-8628-5A6F223D7E4D (resized).jpeg3DCF24EB-5A01-4677-8628-5A6F223D7E4D (resized).jpeg5E1F5D41-9C4A-4894-8BE2-A2F98B14A7C4 (resized).jpeg5E1F5D41-9C4A-4894-8BE2-A2F98B14A7C4 (resized).jpeg1B66A373-6491-498C-98C1-03048BCA73FA (resized).jpeg1B66A373-6491-498C-98C1-03048BCA73FA (resized).jpeg80E3D7E1-E016-4611-BB02-ACFEB52898A8 (resized).jpeg80E3D7E1-E016-4611-BB02-ACFEB52898A8 (resized).jpeg712C23D1-2479-4F6B-B8AA-5E227ED9E9C3 (resized).jpeg712C23D1-2479-4F6B-B8AA-5E227ED9E9C3 (resized).jpegCA9CF05E-887E-4D28-A6E1-7BD01BAFAE42 (resized).jpegCA9CF05E-887E-4D28-A6E1-7BD01BAFAE42 (resized).jpegF9D3B973-15F3-4A9B-A02F-33798A171946 (resized).jpegF9D3B973-15F3-4A9B-A02F-33798A171946 (resized).jpeg
#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Nos restored by HEP yrs ago

Awesome. I think I've heard of that guy, may have sent him a box or two of stuff

#1235 3 years ago
AE32F68C-D5DA-49A2-A491-ECB8ED89010B (resized).jpegAE32F68C-D5DA-49A2-A491-ECB8ED89010B (resized).jpeg459F4993-B6BB-45DB-A151-091930FE9FE0 (resized).jpeg459F4993-B6BB-45DB-A151-091930FE9FE0 (resized).jpeg9EC69952-72D5-44DD-BDFB-ED7DE4D5822F (resized).jpeg9EC69952-72D5-44DD-BDFB-ED7DE4D5822F (resized).jpeg8E953CB0-D226-4A62-859B-AA0C743FC5BE (resized).jpeg8E953CB0-D226-4A62-859B-AA0C743FC5BE (resized).jpeg6EBE8344-37E6-4905-90B8-70D3F517B285 (resized).jpeg6EBE8344-37E6-4905-90B8-70D3F517B285 (resized).jpegBC47870B-D46F-401F-9B75-FCEB1604C69F (resized).jpegBC47870B-D46F-401F-9B75-FCEB1604C69F (resized).jpeg2E698394-279E-4DC6-BC45-B2609A9C24E7 (resized).jpeg2E698394-279E-4DC6-BC45-B2609A9C24E7 (resized).jpegEF4E7EE9-C51B-45DF-8D0D-CDF532C943FF (resized).jpegEF4E7EE9-C51B-45DF-8D0D-CDF532C943FF (resized).jpeg
#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Hello Chris! I hope you and your family are well and have recovered from the tornadoes a couple of months ago. I have FINALLY located a TAF crossover ramp (not in my possession yet) but it is brass from a gold edition. Do I need to do any prep to it so you can plate it chrome?
Thanks!

No, no need to prep it, just make sure you are clear which plating you want back on one, as I have both brass and chrome. Glad to help!
Chris

#1240 3 years ago

It'z killing me.
What are the parts in pics above, post 1235?

Jukebox

#1242 3 years ago

We got Coin Doors - Chrome - Brass - Copper Platings
We try to keep these in stock at all times. Lots of work goes into these bad boys. These are new doors, with the electronics.
http://www.pinballplating.com/new-parts
We also carry Stern doors in stock in Chrome and Brass. Along with the trim too.
Glad to help if we can.
Chris
[email protected] - please message here and not on Pinside messaging
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3940 (resized).jpegIMG_3940 (resized).jpegIMG_3945 (resized).jpegIMG_3945 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1243 3 years ago

It’s the little things sometimes, I’ve been trying to put this set together for what seems like FOREVER, lol. Each one came from a different batch of random wireforms I’ve acquired.
EARTHSHAKER conquered!
They are headed to chrome so we can have it in our exchange library!
Have unwanted wireforms? Orphaned habitrails (I kinda hate that word for some reason)? Hit me up. I’ll buy them, or trade for them if it’s something I can use.
Thank you to everyone who has sold or traded us a gun handle or wire ramps!!!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

861F17DB-72E3-43E2-9764-EC5D5CC5E004 (resized).jpeg861F17DB-72E3-43E2-9764-EC5D5CC5E004 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1244 3 years ago

How's everyone doing out there in pinball land?
Drop a comment and let me hear from you!
Chris

#1248 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Great! Wish I had the $ to chrome my Dirty Harry gun

It's $130 plus the ride, when you are ready I'm glad to help, I have some ready now!

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from Juicerc51:

Could you give me a price to rechrome a wwf wireform set?

You are looking at around $65 for each one. If it's a really big one, or it has big flat spots that require extra work it may be a little more, if a smaller one a little less. Glad to help.
Chris
[email protected]

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

My guess is a 50’s vintage AMi.

You may be right. I never saw pictures of it all done up. Wish I always got to see the end product!

1 week later
#1251 3 years ago

We have our first proto of the Shadow Battlefield Shroud. Now if I can just find someone willing to test for it for us... anyone?

These will be offered in Black Nickel, Brass and Chrome.

Still adding people to the list that want one... EMAIL me - please DO NOT pm me on pinside, thanks! Let me know your preference and send all your info: Shipping, phone, pinside name and preference in plating.
Chris
[email protected]

092630F5-4E6E-4710-BE1A-885CBE92AB33 (resized).jpeg092630F5-4E6E-4710-BE1A-885CBE92AB33 (resized).jpeg9ED66912-71BC-440C-85A6-4E4E7AD4ED5D (resized).jpeg9ED66912-71BC-440C-85A6-4E4E7AD4ED5D (resized).jpegC0C04975-9DA0-4CAB-B9D4-8CD683D17FC4 (resized).jpegC0C04975-9DA0-4CAB-B9D4-8CD683D17FC4 (resized).jpeg6B82F42C-07CC-4EAA-8107-0287D1A07C99 (resized).jpeg6B82F42C-07CC-4EAA-8107-0287D1A07C99 (resized).jpeg

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m gonna need my IJ in gold and my DM in chrome soon. He’s gonna be my guy by these pics! Or black nickel for DM? Hmmmm...
Great work!

I stock all of those things, let me know how I can help! -- see the site at www.pinballplating.com -- check out the new parts page, exchange parts page, and plastic parts pages for those two titles.
Thanks!
Chris

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just emailed you through your website Chris. Gonna do my DM first. Since IJ project hasn’t started yet.

Messaged back, glad to help make something happen!
Chris

#1256 3 years ago

We did get someone willing to test the shadow piece. Thanks to those that messaged!
Chris

#1257 3 years ago

We got the thumbs up on the fit for our prototype for the Shadow battlefield. More to come!

0332B135-CDE5-43E0-B941-8B5339F442E6 (resized).jpeg0332B135-CDE5-43E0-B941-8B5339F442E6 (resized).jpegB48C1E39-3B3B-408E-BCD0-B2991FDB32A9 (resized).jpegB48C1E39-3B3B-408E-BCD0-B2991FDB32A9 (resized).jpegFD731BF4-AC19-4E83-82F7-0B6516B6BAC4 (resized).jpegFD731BF4-AC19-4E83-82F7-0B6516B6BAC4 (resized).jpeg37E44034-282D-45BB-AD1E-62C228E7EEB1 (resized).jpeg37E44034-282D-45BB-AD1E-62C228E7EEB1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I couldn’t find these on your website. Are they going to added soon? Looking for a price...

I’m slacking, not on the site yet but they are ready for exchange, $195 for the set of three. If you want to do a regular style apron guard I have that for another $45. That game came with a odd apron guard but pretty sure it can use the std one, but I don’t have the odd one.
If interested email me [email protected]
Thanks!
Chris

92BF4CE5-9211-4EC8-93FE-25E59A665186 (resized).jpeg92BF4CE5-9211-4EC8-93FE-25E59A665186 (resized).jpeg00159A36-E6C4-49DA-ADE4-ADBF15A3BA7B (resized).jpeg00159A36-E6C4-49DA-ADE4-ADBF15A3BA7B (resized).jpeg Added over 4 years ago:

You can see them here along with our other exchange parts: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts

2 weeks later
#1260 3 years ago

Had a customer need a older pinball door and wanted it in chrome, dug one out of the warehouse for them and got er done.

ABB0D385-55E7-41CE-883B-A9533E096F9D (resized).jpegABB0D385-55E7-41CE-883B-A9533E096F9D (resized).jpeg2B958593-A754-40EA-A22C-11F920DC818D (resized).jpeg2B958593-A754-40EA-A22C-11F920DC818D (resized).jpegA9ADEE5C-1080-4B6F-A498-BCF33DD941FC (resized).jpegA9ADEE5C-1080-4B6F-A498-BCF33DD941FC (resized).jpeg
#1261 3 years ago

Shadow Battlefield Shrouds back from fabrication. Off to plating they go....

937BABF6-DBA9-4AA6-AC81-40E8BD0B533B (resized).jpeg937BABF6-DBA9-4AA6-AC81-40E8BD0B533B (resized).jpeg5EF2D969-185C-4DDD-9802-165B6B78954C (resized).jpeg5EF2D969-185C-4DDD-9802-165B6B78954C (resized).jpeg76D3C2BA-4D15-4BDC-9DB5-B4BE432BA38C (resized).jpeg76D3C2BA-4D15-4BDC-9DB5-B4BE432BA38C (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1262 3 years ago

Black nickel coin door, I’ve turned down people in the past wanting one, but our guys have overcome a lot with black nickel and figured, why not?
Won’t be cheap but we are going to run a few.

Also, if I have missed a message from anyone, please hit me up again. Was on vacation then came home to taking my father in for emergency surgery. It’s just been nuts. Glad to help if I can!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

618FCC75-05CF-41D6-BA92-4D7F0E6979C8 (resized).jpeg618FCC75-05CF-41D6-BA92-4D7F0E6979C8 (resized).jpegAA5C4955-7B7A-451C-AD87-2E0F81D59B7E (resized).jpegAA5C4955-7B7A-451C-AD87-2E0F81D59B7E (resized).jpegB7EE1BD7-930E-4D10-ACF1-D009E19C23CF (resized).jpegB7EE1BD7-930E-4D10-ACF1-D009E19C23CF (resized).jpegEE87D664-CF8A-4456-A252-C06947C7E033 (resized).jpegEE87D664-CF8A-4456-A252-C06947C7E033 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1265 3 years ago

Good weather this week, means lots of work getting done. Hope everyone is doing well!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1266 3 years ago

Figured I'd add a copper handle in for Fish Tales. I mean, why not?
See these and other exchange items here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5302 (resized).jpegIMG_5302 (resized).jpegIMG_5307 (resized).jpegIMG_5307 (resized).jpegIMG_5312 (resized).jpegIMG_5312 (resized).jpegIMG_5308 (resized).jpegIMG_5308 (resized).jpegIMG_5315 (resized).jpegIMG_5315 (resized).jpeg

#1267 3 years ago

Just added Data East Star Wars to the wireform exchange library - you can see that here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5326 (resized).jpegIMG_5326 (resized).jpegIMG_5328 (resized).jpegIMG_5328 (resized).jpegIMG_5327 (resized).jpegIMG_5327 (resized).jpegIMG_5330 (resized).jpegIMG_5330 (resized).jpegIMG_5331 (resized).jpegIMG_5331 (resized).jpegIMG_5333 (resized).jpegIMG_5333 (resized).jpeg

#1268 3 years ago

#big-lebowski wireform set for exchange in copper! Didn't think I would get one of these sets but we did, thanks to one of our customers. Very grateful for all of you that help us acquire things like this!
You can see them here along with our other exchange parts: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5286 (resized).jpegIMG_5286 (resized).jpegIMG_5287 (resized).jpegIMG_5287 (resized).jpegIMG_5289 (resized).jpegIMG_5289 (resized).jpegIMG_5290 (resized).jpegIMG_5290 (resized).jpeg
#1269 3 years ago

A little bit of powder from a few weeks back...
If I can help email me or call. Glad to talk out what you are wanting to do.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4503 (resized).jpegIMG_4503 (resized).jpegIMG_4504 (resized).jpegIMG_4504 (resized).jpegIMG_4507 (resized).jpegIMG_4507 (resized).jpegIMG_4508 (resized).jpegIMG_4508 (resized).jpeg
#1270 3 years ago

Old school system 11 door we did for a customer.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5046 (resized).jpegIMG_5046 (resized).jpegIMG_5047 (resized).jpegIMG_5047 (resized).jpegIMG_5048 (resized).jpegIMG_5048 (resized).jpeg
#1271 3 years ago

Tron LE Apron in chrome for a customer
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

61885735285__72CFBEDA-49C0-4F7A-9952-4201B70572E3 (resized).jpeg61885735285__72CFBEDA-49C0-4F7A-9952-4201B70572E3 (resized).jpeg

#1272 3 years ago

Paperboy handles in chrome -- we keep these for exchange and they can be seen here: http://www.pinballplating.com/arcade-parts
We also exchange the six screws too...
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

can you tell I just got my computer back, catching up with pics I've needed to post lol

IMG_4882 (resized).jpegIMG_4882 (resized).jpegIMG_4881 (resized).jpegIMG_4881 (resized).jpegIMG_4883 (resized).jpegIMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
#1273 3 years ago

We did orange powder on a bunch of these for a golf tournament a friend was running.
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4696 (resized).jpegIMG_4696 (resized).jpeg
#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Chris - any update on the shrouds? Looking forward to seeing some bling

The weather here has kept them from being finished/plated. Humidity and rain are not our friends. Better weather is here so hoping soon.

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

And it’s even more beautiful in person! Chris does great work, and I’ll be back for more.

Thanks for letting me help! Hope to find one we can keep in stock for exchange

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Is it possible to have modern Stern habitrails done in chrome? They seem to be black powdercoat from the factory.

We can do whatever you want to with them. It's all just metal and chemicals

Quoted from woody76:

yea, they just chemical strip the powder coat off and then plate

This

Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Definitely, and I’m keeping an eye out for you too. I’m sure one will turn up eventually.

I learned a long time ago, with patience, this stuff turns back up at some point. I'm sure we'll find one eventually!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1283 3 years ago

Chrome Chrome Chrome Lockbars

IMG_4435 (resized).jpegIMG_4435 (resized).jpeg
#1284 3 years ago

Antique Slot Machines - Chrome
We do a lot of plating on these guys for a good friend who is one of the expert restorers antique slots. These take a ton of time, so much work goes into the prep of these as the original casts they were made from were so rough to begin with. But I love seeing the outcome!
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5780 (resized).jpegIMG_5780 (resized).jpegIMG_5770 (resized).jpegIMG_5770 (resized).jpegIMG_5772 (resized).jpegIMG_5772 (resized).jpegIMG_5782 (resized).jpegIMG_5782 (resized).jpegIMG_5771 (resized).jpegIMG_5771 (resized).jpegIMG_5773 (resized).jpegIMG_5773 (resized).jpegIMG_5783 (resized).jpegIMG_5783 (resized).jpegIMG_5775 (resized).jpegIMG_5775 (resized).jpeg
#1285 3 years ago

Cause ball troughs don't have to look bad...

Hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for looking, as always!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_2919 (resized).jpegIMG_2919 (resized).jpegIMG_2921 (resized).jpegIMG_2921 (resized).jpegIMG_2923 (resized).jpegIMG_2923 (resized).jpegIMG_2924 (resized).jpegIMG_2924 (resized).jpeg
#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That's some very nice bling right there!!

Thank you, sir!

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I have so many brass bits to buy still. I love how they look though!
[quoted image]

You need some channels -- looks good!

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

My 'still to do' list looks like a quick $700.

A little at a time...

#1293 3 years ago

TAF Cliffys in brass for a The Addams Family Gold (Special Collectors Edition)
Weather is breaking for the better here which means our guys are starting to run brass and black nickel.
If you need something email me at [email protected]
Thanks for looking!
Chris
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5862 (resized).jpegIMG_5862 (resized).jpegIMG_5863 (resized).jpegIMG_5863 (resized).jpegIMG_5864 (resized).jpegIMG_5864 (resized).jpeg
#1294 3 years ago

Hmmm, now what to do with these...?

55528A90-63E6-471F-9EA4-2FBF2896A334 (resized).jpeg55528A90-63E6-471F-9EA4-2FBF2896A334 (resized).jpeg
#1295 3 years ago

#shadow knows it's time for a new Battlefield Shroud.... made of METAL!!!
These replace the original plastic mini playfield guard #03-9229.
So here they are! We have these in Chrome, Brass, and Black Nickel (black is very limited at the moment).
You can see these on our exchange (game specific) parts page to buy right out. See here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Huge thanks to Ron (Woody) Woodard for starting this project and allowing me to take it over. Kudos to him on the stickers as well.
Pricing includes a sticker of your choice.
Thanks for looking and don't forget to order DO NOT MESSAGE ME ON PINSIDE ---- EMAIL ME PLEASE
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
IMG_5947 (resized).jpegIMG_5947 (resized).jpegIMG_5948 (resized).jpegIMG_5948 (resized).jpegIMG_5950 (resized).jpegIMG_5950 (resized).jpegIMG_5951 (resized).jpegIMG_5951 (resized).jpegIMG_5953 (resized).jpegIMG_5953 (resized).jpegIMG_5954 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5954 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5955 (resized).jpegIMG_5955 (resized).jpegIMG_5956 (resized).jpegIMG_5956 (resized).jpegIMG_5961 (resized).jpegIMG_5961 (resized).jpegIMG_5962 (resized).jpegIMG_5962 (resized).jpegIMG_5963 (resized).jpegIMG_5963 (resized).jpegIMG_5964 (resized).jpegIMG_5964 (resized).jpegIMG_5966 (resized).jpegIMG_5966 (resized).jpegIMG_5967 (resized).jpegIMG_5967 (resized).jpegIMG_5971 (resized).jpegIMG_5971 (resized).jpegIMG_5975 (resized).jpegIMG_5975 (resized).jpegIMG_5976 (resized).jpegIMG_5976 (resized).jpegIMG_5977 (resized).jpegIMG_5977 (resized).jpegIMG_5978 (resized).jpegIMG_5978 (resized).jpeg

#1297 3 years ago

Hmmm, now what to do with these...?

Quoted from Manny65:

Awesome job Chris and Ron. All 3 look great and can't wait to get mine.

Thanks bud!

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Couldn't ask for a 'sexier' part with the black nickel. Lights will not only reflect off of this, but it's no longer just a huge black (broken) plastic part that sits in there - it's beautiful! It's more than just some added bling! Can't wait to install this!

For you guys that were on the list, yours are on the way now, shipped out yesterday! I wanted to make sure you guys had first shot at them and were taken care of before I opened it up to everyone else. We will continue to carry them, but right now only have a couple left of Black Nickel till more get done.
Thank you for your patience to see the project through.

#1301 3 years ago

Those are sexy Chris. Makes me want a Shadow!

Thanks bud, yeah, I kinda feel the same way. Had one a year or so ago, didn't know we'd be doing this little project, lol.
Hope you are doing well!

#1303 3 years ago

Doing Great, Thanks for asking. Hope you and family are also doing Great!

We are, we've had some crazy stuff to deal with around here with dad having to have emergency surgery recently for a ruptured hernia gone real bad, but we are all good. Navigating the crazy world we are living in

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

The Shadow knows it's time for a new Battlefield Shroud.... made of METAL!!!
These replace the original plastic mini playfield guard #03-9229.
So here they are! We have these in Chrome, Brass, and Black Nickel (black is very limited at the moment).
You can see these on our exchange (game specific) parts page to buy right out. See here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Huge thanks to Ron (Woody) Woodard for starting this project and allowing me to take it over. Kudos to him on the stickers as well.
Pricing includes a sticker of your choice.
Thanks for looking and don't forget to order DO NOT MESSAGE ME ON PINSIDE ---- EMAIL ME PLEASE
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Current stock of these that we have left: 4 Chrome, 8 Brass, 2 Black Nickel
To be clear, we will have more eventually, and I'm glad to collect names and info as we did on this first run when they are completed.
Thank you everyone for the orders!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5947 (resized).jpegIMG_5947 (resized).jpegIMG_5948 (resized).jpegIMG_5948 (resized).jpegIMG_5950 (resized).jpegIMG_5950 (resized).jpegIMG_5951 (resized).jpegIMG_5951 (resized).jpegIMG_5955 (resized).jpegIMG_5955 (resized).jpegIMG_5971 (resized).jpegIMG_5971 (resized).jpegIMG_5975 (resized).jpegIMG_5975 (resized).jpeg
#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

For those interested in chrome . Looks great ! Thanks Chris
[quoted image]

Looks fantastic! Thank you for your help with testing and for supporting what we do!

#1307 3 years ago

Straight up exhausted from all we've done this week. Hired another friend to help us full time a few months back, not sure what we'd do if I hadn't.

Just want to say, thank you for the orders. To those of you waiting on something, it's coming and quick. This weather has been amazing for plating and our guys are catching up in the biggest way right now.

Here's a couple of pics a customer sent of the chrome SAM door they added to their Tron, which we did the other chrome on. We sell this junk, let me know if you need any
Thanks everyone!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

20201006_162201 (resized).jpg20201006_162201 (resized).jpg20201006_163343 (resized).jpg20201006_163343 (resized).jpg

#1310 3 years ago

VUK Chrome

32E19302-B7F6-43DA-AC7B-EE332BE625EA (resized).jpeg32E19302-B7F6-43DA-AC7B-EE332BE625EA (resized).jpeg511EBBBF-0E9D-4036-9EA0-3474D16C43EA (resized).jpeg511EBBBF-0E9D-4036-9EA0-3474D16C43EA (resized).jpeg7FCD1EDF-960A-4EF9-BCAB-89562C367F8C (resized).jpeg7FCD1EDF-960A-4EF9-BCAB-89562C367F8C (resized).jpeg
#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

price on these? i got one of the originals from across seas, but i got a buddy looking for one (non pinsider)

If you are asking about the shrouds they can be seen on the site here, http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/bally-shadow-metal-battlefield-shroud
$200-230
Email me to place a order @ [email protected] --- glad to help!
Chris
www.pinballplating.com

#1314 3 years ago

Trackball bezel in for chrome, made of stainless and fought hard not being plated, ran this thing several times before it got this good and still not perfect but will be what it'll be.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_6230 (resized).jpegIMG_6230 (resized).jpegIMG_6231 (resized).jpegIMG_6231 (resized).jpeg
#1315 3 years ago

Gas tank for a vintage motorcycle... chrome plating
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_6106 (resized).jpegIMG_6106 (resized).jpegIMG_6107 (resized).jpegIMG_6107 (resized).jpeg
#1316 3 years ago

Jukebox Chrome Plating for a customer.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_6197 (resized).jpegIMG_6197 (resized).jpegIMG_6200 (resized).jpegIMG_6200 (resized).jpegIMG_6201 (resized).jpegIMG_6201 (resized).jpegIMG_6202 (resized).jpegIMG_6202 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#1317 3 years ago

Random LOTR ramp and TOTAN Apron in brass we sent out - we keep these for exchange.
To see most of what we have for exchange you can see that stuff here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

60634890752__68C96314-1CAB-4D26-87D0-4BF9A7E81AC9 (resized).jpeg60634890752__68C96314-1CAB-4D26-87D0-4BF9A7E81AC9 (resized).jpegIMG_2753 (resized).jpegIMG_2753 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1318 3 years ago

Stern Speaker/DMD Panels in Chrome or Brass - ready to go now. I've had these for a while and just haven't gotten around to posting them up or adding them to the site. They are now on the site and can be seen on our new parts page here:http://www.pinballplating.com/new-parts
Hope everyone is doing well.

NOTE: We are currently out of quite a few things. This year has really thrown us for a loop. Many months have not been great for the business, some have been really good. We are used to doing a steady stream of plating and orders and this has been thrown off by some months wiping us out and the platers not being able to keep up. Covid is keeping many of our older guys that work, staying home due to their doctors requests to do so. This also throws a wrench in things, on top of many plating shops closing and more and more work coming in all the time. Thank you in advance for your patience. I want to do orders as fast as possible but as many of you know, this already wasn't fast, and is now at times even slower.

Hope everyone had a wonder Thanksgiving and thank you for supporting what we do. My family, my guys, and myself are incredibly grateful!
Yell if you need something!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_6007 (resized).jpegIMG_6007 (resized).jpegIMG_6008 (resized).jpegIMG_6008 (resized).jpegIMG_6009 (resized).jpegIMG_6009 (resized).jpegIMG_6010 (resized).jpegIMG_6010 (resized).jpegIMG_6011 (resized).jpegIMG_6011 (resized).jpegIMG_6013 (resized).jpegIMG_6013 (resized).jpegIMG_6014 (resized).jpegIMG_6014 (resized).jpegIMG_6016 (resized).jpegIMG_6016 (resized).jpegIMG_6017 (resized).jpegIMG_6017 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1319 3 years ago

It's cold. That is all.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1320 3 years ago

Did you know there are two different types of grips on T2 gun shooters?

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpgunnamed-1 (resized).jpgunnamed-1 (resized).jpg
#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The mount point on one looks different as well
[quoted image]

You are absolutely correct. Different mold altogether. Which is interesting. The bigger grip version, with small hole for bolts, seems to have been the "early" version and came on very early machines. I see one of those for every 10 or 20 of the other as we do exchanges for chroming them. I have 2 of the early ones I keep in chrome and probably 8 or so of the later version.

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

One is every 10 to 20 is still alot but guess with 15,000 T2's produced the first batch would have still been considerable.
Those triggers were definitely used on the initial machines - here's some pics of the trigger from the original T2 promo video. Always fun learning about the subtle differences in machines, not that you notice them when playing a game

I have never ever ever ever seen one of those triggers with a curve in it and I've seen A LOT of T2/STTNG triggers and own a bunch of them. Very interesting.

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

LOL I didn't notice that until you mentioned it - nicely spotted. Given this was their promo video, I'm guessing it was a prototype machine and not a production unit.

I'm betting you are correct. I would have seen one by now and we would have noticed it I'm sure of that. You look at the same thing over and over a million times, then see something different it catches your attention.

#1327 3 years ago

#elvis wireform exchange now available in brass. These things are always looking rough with the crappy factory plating they got. Send us yours, we'll send back a set looking like these. Got a few sets of these after waiting to find them all these years.
You can see them here on the exchange page of our site: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thanks for looking, hope everyone is ready for Christmas!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_7806 (resized).jpgIMG_7806 (resized).jpgIMG_7807 (resized).jpgIMG_7807 (resized).jpgIMG_7808 (resized).jpgIMG_7808 (resized).jpgIMG_7809 (resized).jpgIMG_7809 (resized).jpgIMG_7810 (resized).jpgIMG_7810 (resized).jpgIMG_7811 (resized).jpgIMG_7811 (resized).jpgIMG_7812 (resized).jpgIMG_7812 (resized).jpg
#1328 3 years ago

Our good friend Ken White shared pics with me of a Skateball we've been working on the parts for. He even trusted me to help pick out the color he was looking for It's not everyday we get to do a powder and chrome combo set.
BTW, I'm stocking the frames now in chrome for early Ballys, they are not on the site yet, but I had our fab guys make them and have them for purchase at any time. This and other powder things can be seen here: http://www.pinballplating.com/powder-coating
Thanks for letting me help, Ken!
And thanks to everyone else for watching along!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

129695673_1041100969703135_5526211304167251434_n (resized).jpg129695673_1041100969703135_5526211304167251434_n (resized).jpg129721513_1041100836369815_592095970463418321_n (resized).jpg129721513_1041100836369815_592095970463418321_n (resized).jpg129735557_1041100853036480_7047655223817078569_n (resized).jpg129735557_1041100853036480_7047655223817078569_n (resized).jpg129757237_1041100726369826_465583110716350692_n (resized).jpg129757237_1041100726369826_465583110716350692_n (resized).jpg129972291_1041100783036487_5392951192727728993_n (resized).jpg129972291_1041100783036487_5392951192727728993_n (resized).jpg62872553077__DD7563D2-7018-4E71-8619-89C91F9D859B (resized).jpeg62872553077__DD7563D2-7018-4E71-8619-89C91F9D859B (resized).jpeg
#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

As you said it's not everyday we see a powder and chrome combo, but I must say on Skateball it looks amazing! Really does! Great job to your guys and to the owner!

Ken does great work, and thank you!

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Wow that's looks awesome - nice job guys!!!

Thank you!!!

#1333 3 years ago

SPINNA! For a SPINNER!!!
We've done a bunch of these things. Always cool to see them done up.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_6108 (resized).jpegIMG_6108 (resized).jpegIMG_6109 (resized).jpegIMG_6109 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1334 3 years ago

This was pretty cool....
#game-of-thrones-le lockbar in brass with the plate done in black nickel. The rest of the trim was all done in brass as well. Cool stuff!
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_5895 (resized).jpegIMG_5895 (resized).jpegIMG_5898 (resized).jpegIMG_5898 (resized).jpegIMG_5899 (resized).jpegIMG_5899 (resized).jpeg
#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

That looks really good.

I thought so too. I had not given much thought to doing these button plates in something different, but this is really nice. And thank you!

2 weeks later
#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

Greeting Chris!
I have a Silverball Mania .......I want to had some chrome mirror bling to it ! First the side rails do you also supply the nails in chrome heads? And how do I order a purchase these items for both sides?
Thanks!
Scott

Scott, I think we have already talked but just so anyone else reading sees, I don't carry the nails, but several suppliers do have them new. I do have the rails, obviously, in chrome ready to go. Glad to help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1340 3 years ago

Because your TOTAN deserves better!
Seen here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts

Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

2BF10049-2DE9-425F-8A27-5FEF50CBCC64 (resized).jpeg2BF10049-2DE9-425F-8A27-5FEF50CBCC64 (resized).jpeg50A93200-7AB9-46D5-A346-E0D3ABB012C4 (resized).jpeg50A93200-7AB9-46D5-A346-E0D3ABB012C4 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Also, the last bolt on the rail was a carriage bolt with the domed head that sits pretty close to the hinges. So Chris supplied a set of flat head bolts that will in no way ever rub against the backbox hinges. They were a bigger diameter than the bolt they replaced but a 1/4” drill bit through the side of the wood cab made them work (the hole thru the metal rail was already @ 1/4”) and a bigger nut was required. These I assume are the same flat head bolts that are at the beginning of the rail under the lockdown bar.

That looks great! Thank you for letting me help and for your patience with our couple of bolt issues we had!
Chris

#1347 3 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I received this TAF wire ramp in exchange for a brass one from a TAFG. I added the flasher, switch, hex spacers and blue bumper. This thing is amazing! Chris, you rock! Super fast turn around and shipping. I can’t be more pleased! My picture doesn’t do it justice.
Thanks Chris!!!!
[quoted image]

Glad you like it! That's what we are aiming for
Thank you for letting me help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Some awesome brass in my TOTAN thanks Chris!
[quoted image]

Hard to beat brass on a TOTAN. One of the only WPC games I've yet to own. One day, and when I do.... it'll be overgolded!
Thank you for letting me help with it, it looks great!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

My Addams Family Gold is complete... Thank you Chris!
[quoted image]

Dang, that looks good. I don't do plated doors on all of my machines, but this has me thinking twice about my TAFG. That looks sweet.

Just so anyone reading this knows, we've had a hard time keeping these doors in stock. I had a pallet of 20 come in in December. We had them plated and back together by early January and all were sold by the time we did. Just ordered a pallet of 40 of them this time. We'll see if that helps, but we have to disassemble, plate them, then reassemble them first, lol. Literally out of both chrome and brass on these at the moment, but we'll have more soon.

FYI also, these doors have gone up for everyone to buy them, including me, so the price has also gone up, same with steel prices. I hate price increases, but just know that I'm not making more just because the prices have changed.

Thank you everyone for your support and I love seeing everyones pictures! Every one of you is helping support our family and the guys that work for me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

1 week later
#1350 3 years ago

Early Stern Coin Door Bezels for exchange. Also have the coin return doors for exchange, but not in stock yet.
Would still like to find a few more of each if anyone has these laying around on crappy doors or whatever.
See the exchange library here: https://pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_7788 (resized).jpegIMG_7788 (resized).jpegIMG_7789 (resized).jpegIMG_7789 (resized).jpegIMG_7790 (resized).jpegIMG_7790 (resized).jpegIMG_7791 (resized).jpegIMG_7791 (resized).jpegIMG_7792 (resized).jpegIMG_7792 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Tried looking at your site... Looking for a complete set in a gloss black power coated
Legs, rails, lockdown and hinges for No Fear ( no exchange ) . Thanks!

Hey there, I'm not on Pinside all of the time, I do actually try to stock gloss black for WPC games on the shelf and may have a set now.
ALWAYS email me -- [email protected] -- for inquires. I'm glad to help but I'm just now seeing this. Forums are not my favorite thing
Glad to help if I can!
Chris

#1354 2 years ago

3 months since some Chris bling.
Need some bling!
I don't see it in the exchange library...
But, would love a set of Hobbit forms in black nickel to go with my Black Arrow.

Hey brother! Always good to hear from you!
First - Hobbit -- This is actually coming to the exchange library. Not sure exactly when but hold on for it, it's coming. I should have them in brass, black nickel and maybe some powder. I'm open to insights from the masses on that.

Second......
Things have been crazy, and that's why not much posting. I'll post about that in another post in just a few min here. Thanks for looking for me and I hope you are well!!!!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1355 2 years ago

The Current Trials and Tribulations...
Let me give the state of things right now for everyone. It's not the best moment in my business's history to be honest. The things you are hearing about with the rest of the world/covid/people not working/etc, is effecting us as it is effecting so many others.
Here's what's up:
It's hard to get raw steel parts. Fabricators have had trouble getting steel, this might be getting better, it's been more expensive, and there are less of them to make parts (like the rest of our country right now), and they are backlogged like crazy because of all of this.
THEN... there are less people working for our platers. Bottom line, like a 1/4 of the amount of people than were working a year ago. They can't keep up.
I'm currently out of all kinds of stuff that I'm NEVER out of, the stuff I always try to have stock of, and I've seen this coming but no one has been able to help do anything about it.
So I wait. Which means we all wait. I'm sorry for those that would like to place a order for a trim kit or whatnot, I promise you, I would LOVE to sell you parts. I'm currently bleeding money trying to finish our new shop. But it is what it is and we will make it through. I'll post some pics here of the shop for good measure.

I do have some exchange stuff ready to exchange. Some exchange stuff I'm out of and waiting. I have Stern doors, Stern brass kits maybe, not much else though. It's crazy.
We WILL restock, things will settle down, people will go back to work, and in Tennessee our governor has it where we won't be getting the free money any more starting next month. I'm hopeful this too will help but it may take some time.

I have already made a deal for a LARGE amount of trim parts that will help us with these issues above, with a pinball manufacturer, whom I'm grateful for. This should help, but then the platers will still have to get stuff through plating. We usually have long waits as many know but this is a whole other level.
The good thing is our new shop will allow us to carry more parts, and keep more stock. This has always been my plan, stock more, keep bigger quantities on hand and I will see it through. This last year we've just had more demand than ever, thanks to all you pinheads being stuck at home to snuggle up with your pins, and at the same time, now less people doing the work that has always kept us in the game.

I really do appreciate everyone support and thankful for everyone's patience. We are doing everything we can, and believe me, I want to sell all the stuff we can!
We are wait listing orders we can't fill. This will be first come first serve and I do not have any idea when we will have the parts ready, but I hope to see some normalcy before the fall.
If you come to Nashville, look me up and come by and see the new place. I hope to be settling into it over the next couple of months. Pics of new place, most of it is further along, but you get the idea. We've also been moving everything (an unexpected move as the shop isn't done) from our old warehouse (150+ games), some don't realize we fix, restore, sell, pins and other cool stuff, as we've been doing for long before the plating biz (www.hotrodarcade.com). So the fun never stops!
I'll post as things get better and thanks again for all of the support!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8772 (resized).jpegIMG_8772 (resized).jpegIMG_8770 (resized).jpegIMG_8770 (resized).jpegIMG_8899 (resized).jpegIMG_8899 (resized).jpegIMG_8948 (resized).jpegIMG_8948 (resized).jpegIMG_8761 (resized).jpegIMG_8761 (resized).jpegIMG_8811 (resized).jpegIMG_8811 (resized).jpegIMG_8767 (resized).jpegIMG_8767 (resized).jpegIMG_8868 (resized).jpegIMG_8868 (resized).jpegIMG_8762 (resized).jpegIMG_8762 (resized).jpegIMG_8754 (resized).jpegIMG_8754 (resized).jpegIMG_8810 (resized).jpegIMG_8810 (resized).jpegIMG_8752 (resized).jpegIMG_8752 (resized).jpegIMG_8763 (resized).jpegIMG_8763 (resized).jpegIMG_8760 (resized).jpegIMG_8760 (resized).jpegIMG_8953 (resized).jpegIMG_8953 (resized).jpegIMG_8946 (resized).jpegIMG_8946 (resized).jpegIMG_8900 (resized).jpegIMG_8900 (resized).jpegIMG_8974 (resized).jpegIMG_8974 (resized).jpegIMG_8977 (resized).jpegIMG_8977 (resized).jpegIMG_8979 (resized).jpegIMG_8979 (resized).jpeg
#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Now that is a NICE shop! Thanks Chris for all you do.

Thank you, my friend! It's been a long project, I'm ready to be done with it! lol

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Is that new Mappy/ Pac Jr cabinet from Brett in Ohio? I have two of them waiting to be put together.

Not sure who built it, I got it from my friend, the great Jeff Rothe. We did a little trading a while back. I have a complete game I still need to go pick up with a op friend that was rotten. Good eye lol

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Place is going to be legit brother. So so happy for you and the family and I can't wait to come see it.

Thanks man! Looking forward to hanging soon! We'll have a party as well, once we get everything squared away.

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from caseywreed:

The shop's looking incredible, Chris! Missed out on the last couple weekend moves, but will keep an eye out for the next time you need some help. Good luck finishing everything up! You got this!

Thank you so much. It's been about 3 solid weeks of moving to get all the machines and parts. Still haven't touched moving anything from the house (the current shop), but we'll get it. Once things settle down we'll have some get togethers. Hope you can make it out!

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

New shop looks "wicked pissah" Chris. Hope all is smooth on the transition. Thanks for all you do in this community.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Hope you are doing well!

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Can a rusted coin door be rechromed? I'm not sure what the limits of your magic powers are. Got a fairly trashed pitch & bat I'm going to restore. (Corn kernel in the coin slot!)
[quoted image]

Yes, of course. Depending on the damage from pitting there may be some small spots but usually on something like this it can be overcome. There are three layers (hence the term triple plating) of plating with chrome. Copper, then Nickel, then Chrome. Often with polishing between them. As one builds on the other the thickness is greater filling in these things. Not to mention that the whole thing would be dropped in a acid tank prior to this and stripped to bare metal, then often ground down to prep and smooth out the surface before plating. It's a ton of manual labor for each piece.
I will say, on old doors, unless they are super nice and dent free, it's often not in your best interest to do them as every dent will show big time once plated. but we do them. Sometimes they can help with things like the dent on yours, working it out a bit before plating, but it's probably still going to show some.
Hope this helps. If wanting to move forward with anything know they wait is long/months usually. Less people working and less platers in the world everyday thanks to the EPA and many states outlawing chemicals it takes to do it etc. means our guys are slammed. But I'm glad to help just email me. Hope this helps!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

How resistant is your chrome finish to scratching? My Lebowski factory polished steel scratches like a son of a gun from fingers and even microfibers! Looking for an alternative that looks similar and is much more resistant to scratching.

Chrome should be pretty resilient. But I will say I've had a lot of Big Lebowski owners need new lockbars, siderails, or want to add things like hinges and coin doors (which they didn't come with) so I'm not sure if they are doing a quick flash plating or what. Like anything it can only take so much abuse. Rings, or cleaning chrome improperly (never polish dry), can definitely scratch it. Our chrome is the same chrome used on car bumpers and such. But I can't speak for others or their cheaper processes. Many do not triple plate, prep parts beforehand, and it shows. Games Stern have chromed we usually get to redo as I'm sure it was a cheaper process, not as involved - Spiderman - Harley - etc.

Glad to help just email me if you need me.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Pitting needs to be repaired as part of the rechroming process. I'm sure Chris can explain how it is done!

I did a little of that above

761 posts in this topic match your search for posts by sc93cobra. You are on page 3 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sc93cobra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating/page/3?tu=sc93cobra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.