IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
imagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7359 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.
#1351 3 years ago

Tried looking at your site... Looking for a complete set in a gloss black power coated
Legs, rails, lockdown and hinges for No Fear ( no exchange ) . Thanks!

2 months later
#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Early Stern Coin Door Bezels for exchange. Also have the coin return doors for exchange, but not in stock yet.
Would still like to find a few more of each if anyone has these laying around on crappy doors or whatever.
See the exchange library here: https://pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

3 months since some Chris bling.
Need some bling!
I don't see it in the exchange library...
But, would love a set of Hobbit forms in black nickle to go with my Black Arrow.

1 week later
#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Tried looking at your site... Looking for a complete set in a gloss black power coated
Legs, rails, lockdown and hinges for No Fear ( no exchange ) . Thanks!

Hey there, I'm not on Pinside all of the time, I do actually try to stock gloss black for WPC games on the shelf and may have a set now.
ALWAYS email me -- [email protected] -- for inquires. I'm glad to help but I'm just now seeing this. Forums are not my favorite thing
Glad to help if I can!
Chris

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

3 months since some Chris bling.
Need some bling!
I don't see it in the exchange library...
But, would love a set of Hobbit forms in black nickel to go with my Black Arrow.

Hey brother! Always good to hear from you!
First - Hobbit -- This is actually coming to the exchange library. Not sure exactly when but hold on for it, it's coming. I should have them in brass, black nickel and maybe some powder. I'm open to insights from the masses on that.

Second......
Things have been crazy, and that's why not much posting. I'll post about that in another post in just a few min here. Thanks for looking for me and I hope you are well!!!!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1355 2 years ago

The Current Trials and Tribulations...
Let me give the state of things right now for everyone. It's not the best moment in my business's history to be honest. The things you are hearing about with the rest of the world/covid/people not working/etc, is effecting us as it is effecting so many others.
Here's what's up:
It's hard to get raw steel parts. Fabricators have had trouble getting steel, this might be getting better, it's been more expensive, and there are less of them to make parts (like the rest of our country right now), and they are backlogged like crazy because of all of this.
THEN... there are less people working for our platers. Bottom line, like a 1/4 of the amount of people than were working a year ago. They can't keep up.
I'm currently out of all kinds of stuff that I'm NEVER out of, the stuff I always try to have stock of, and I've seen this coming but no one has been able to help do anything about it.
So I wait. Which means we all wait. I'm sorry for those that would like to place a order for a trim kit or whatnot, I promise you, I would LOVE to sell you parts. I'm currently bleeding money trying to finish our new shop. But it is what it is and we will make it through. I'll post some pics here of the shop for good measure.

I do have some exchange stuff ready to exchange. Some exchange stuff I'm out of and waiting. I have Stern doors, Stern brass kits maybe, not much else though. It's crazy.
We WILL restock, things will settle down, people will go back to work, and in Tennessee our governor has it where we won't be getting the free money any more starting next month. I'm hopeful this too will help but it may take some time.

I have already made a deal for a LARGE amount of trim parts that will help us with these issues above, with a pinball manufacturer, whom I'm grateful for. This should help, but then the platers will still have to get stuff through plating. We usually have long waits as many know but this is a whole other level.
The good thing is our new shop will allow us to carry more parts, and keep more stock. This has always been my plan, stock more, keep bigger quantities on hand and I will see it through. This last year we've just had more demand than ever, thanks to all you pinheads being stuck at home to snuggle up with your pins, and at the same time, now less people doing the work that has always kept us in the game.

I really do appreciate everyone support and thankful for everyone's patience. We are doing everything we can, and believe me, I want to sell all the stuff we can!
We are wait listing orders we can't fill. This will be first come first serve and I do not have any idea when we will have the parts ready, but I hope to see some normalcy before the fall.
If you come to Nashville, look me up and come by and see the new place. I hope to be settling into it over the next couple of months. Pics of new place, most of it is further along, but you get the idea. We've also been moving everything (an unexpected move as the shop isn't done) from our old warehouse (150+ games), some don't realize we fix, restore, sell, pins and other cool stuff, as we've been doing for long before the plating biz (www.hotrodarcade.com). So the fun never stops!
I'll post as things get better and thanks again for all of the support!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_8772 (resized).jpegIMG_8772 (resized).jpegIMG_8770 (resized).jpegIMG_8770 (resized).jpegIMG_8899 (resized).jpegIMG_8899 (resized).jpegIMG_8948 (resized).jpegIMG_8948 (resized).jpegIMG_8761 (resized).jpegIMG_8761 (resized).jpegIMG_8811 (resized).jpegIMG_8811 (resized).jpegIMG_8767 (resized).jpegIMG_8767 (resized).jpegIMG_8868 (resized).jpegIMG_8868 (resized).jpegIMG_8762 (resized).jpegIMG_8762 (resized).jpegIMG_8754 (resized).jpegIMG_8754 (resized).jpegIMG_8810 (resized).jpegIMG_8810 (resized).jpegIMG_8752 (resized).jpegIMG_8752 (resized).jpegIMG_8763 (resized).jpegIMG_8763 (resized).jpegIMG_8760 (resized).jpegIMG_8760 (resized).jpegIMG_8953 (resized).jpegIMG_8953 (resized).jpegIMG_8946 (resized).jpegIMG_8946 (resized).jpegIMG_8900 (resized).jpegIMG_8900 (resized).jpegIMG_8974 (resized).jpegIMG_8974 (resized).jpegIMG_8977 (resized).jpegIMG_8977 (resized).jpegIMG_8979 (resized).jpegIMG_8979 (resized).jpeg
#1356 2 years ago

Now that is a NICE shop! Thanks Chris for all you do.

#1357 2 years ago

Is that new Mappy/ Pac Jr cabinet from Brett in Ohio? I have two of them waiting to be put together.

#1358 2 years ago

Place is going to be legit brother. So so happy for you and the family and I can't wait to come see it.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Now that is a NICE shop! Thanks Chris for all you do.

Thank you, my friend! It's been a long project, I'm ready to be done with it! lol

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Is that new Mappy/ Pac Jr cabinet from Brett in Ohio? I have two of them waiting to be put together.

Not sure who built it, I got it from my friend, the great Jeff Rothe. We did a little trading a while back. I have a complete game I still need to go pick up with a op friend that was rotten. Good eye lol

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Place is going to be legit brother. So so happy for you and the family and I can't wait to come see it.

Thanks man! Looking forward to hanging soon! We'll have a party as well, once we get everything squared away.

#1362 2 years ago

The shop's looking incredible, Chris! Missed out on the last couple weekend moves, but will keep an eye out for the next time you need some help. Good luck finishing everything up! You got this!

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from caseywreed:

The shop's looking incredible, Chris! Missed out on the last couple weekend moves, but will keep an eye out for the next time you need some help. Good luck finishing everything up! You got this!

Thank you so much. It's been about 3 solid weeks of moving to get all the machines and parts. Still haven't touched moving anything from the house (the current shop), but we'll get it. Once things settle down we'll have some get togethers. Hope you can make it out!

#1364 2 years ago

New shop looks "wicked pissah" Chris. Hope all is smooth on the transition. Thanks for all you do in this community.

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

New shop looks "wicked pissah" Chris. Hope all is smooth on the transition. Thanks for all you do in this community.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Hope you are doing well!

#1366 2 years ago

Can a rusted coin door be rechromed? I'm not sure what the limits of your magic powers are. Got a fairly trashed pitch & bat I'm going to restore. (Corn kernel in the coin slot!)

IMG_0832 (resized).JPGIMG_0832 (resized).JPG

#1367 2 years ago

How resistant is your chrome finish to scratching? My Lebowski factory polished steel scratches like a son of a gun from fingers and even microfibers! Looking for an alternative that looks similar and is much more resistant to scratching.

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Can a rusted coin door be rechromed? I'm not sure what the limits of your magic powers are. Got a fairly trashed pitch & bat I'm going to restore. (Corn kernel in the coin slot!)
[quoted image]

Wondering if all those little dints (or where the metal was stressed due to screws, etc ) would show even more with chrome?

A bunch of chromed corn kernels (you need to say this real fast a few times) would be awesome! Lol

#1369 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Wondering if all those little dints (or where the metal was stressed due to screws, etc ) would show even more with chrome?
A bunch of chromed corn kernels (you need to say this real fast a few times) would be awesome! Lol

Pitting needs to be repaired as part of the rechroming process. I'm sure Chris can explain how it is done!

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Pitting needs to be repaired as part of the rechroming process. I'm sure Chris can explain how it is done!

Yeah, I was also looking at those bigger bumps we can typically live with, but not with a brand new chrome job! In my case, anyway
db17d6bdb7e2585700ee4bda5eaec448fa53bf45 (resized).jpgdb17d6bdb7e2585700ee4bda5eaec448fa53bf45 (resized).jpg

#1371 2 years ago

Can probably be hammered out (again by someone with talent I don't have)

#1372 2 years ago

Same here, no abilities for that sort of stuff! Lol

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

[quoted image]

Yes, of course. Depending on the damage from pitting there may be some small spots but usually on something like this it can be overcome. There are three layers (hence the term triple plating) of plating with chrome. Copper, then Nickel, then Chrome. Often with polishing between them. As one builds on the other the thickness is greater filling in these things. Not to mention that the whole thing would be dropped in a acid tank prior to this and stripped to bare metal, then often ground down to prep and smooth out the surface before plating. It's a ton of manual labor for each piece.
I will say, on old doors, unless they are super nice and dent free, it's often not in your best interest to do them as every dent will show big time once plated. but we do them. Sometimes they can help with things like the dent on yours, working it out a bit before plating, but it's probably still going to show some.
Hope this helps. If wanting to move forward with anything know they wait is long/months usually. Less people working and less platers in the world everyday thanks to the EPA and many states outlawing chemicals it takes to do it etc. means our guys are slammed. But I'm glad to help just email me. Hope this helps!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

How resistant is your chrome finish to scratching? My Lebowski factory polished steel scratches like a son of a gun from fingers and even microfibers! Looking for an alternative that looks similar and is much more resistant to scratching.

Chrome should be pretty resilient. But I will say I've had a lot of Big Lebowski owners need new lockbars, siderails, or want to add things like hinges and coin doors (which they didn't come with) so I'm not sure if they are doing a quick flash plating or what. Like anything it can only take so much abuse. Rings, or cleaning chrome improperly (never polish dry), can definitely scratch it. Our chrome is the same chrome used on car bumpers and such. But I can't speak for others or their cheaper processes. Many do not triple plate, prep parts beforehand, and it shows. Games Stern have chromed we usually get to redo as I'm sure it was a cheaper process, not as involved - Spiderman - Harley - etc.

Glad to help just email me if you need me.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I did a little of that above

#1376 2 years ago

Hey sc93cobra
Please respond to my PM regarding the wireforms I sent you

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey sc93cobra

Try sending him an email.

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey sc93cobra

Thank you for sending them!

Quoted from ToucanF16:

They sending him an email.

Email is always better with me than messaging on a forum, I state this all the time on here. I also get lots of packages almost every day, I don't let everyone know when I do or don't get something unless it's been a while or we are specifically looking for it for someone.

4 weeks later
#1379 2 years ago

We have received some new trim parts that we have been waiting on to restock our usual on the shelf trim, we've been out for some time. After they are plated we will get them up on the site. We have another order for more out there, hoping they become available soon as well so we can be better stocked. Just hard to get stuff right now and it's going to cause the costs to be more etc, so don't hate on us. Thanks to everyone for their patience and support. Our guys are trying to catch up on stuff that was already here as well. Just need more folks working in these areas, fabrication and plating. Hope everyone is doing well!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

3 weeks later
#1380 2 years ago

We have started to restock chrome trim. It's a glorious thing! Many have patiently waited. We are employing more platers than ever to help us here. Thanks to all for your patience. Those on wait lists will get first shot at parts as we get them. Hope all is well with everyone!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

1 month later
#1381 2 years ago

We have chrome in stock and have caught up a lot of you that were on the wait list. We had brass in, and caught up several on the wait list for that, and still have more to go after running out of some of those pieces. More of that to come though. Glad to help with whatever I can, really trying the best we can to stock stuff after the craziest year we have experienced since we've been in business. Not being able to get parts or get them from platers either one, has been a real challenge, but we are making it and coming out hopefully better than ever.
Thank you to everyone for your patience, can't tell you how glad I am to be able to serve folks again!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

5 months later
#1382 2 years ago

Chris can you plate a plumb bob? Can’t seem to find what material/metal they are made from so thought I would just ask. Thanks

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Chris can you plate a plumb bob? Can’t seem to find what material/metal they are made from so thought I would just ask. Thanks

Isn't it brass? Should polish up really nicely

Crap, just realized the weight is some ugly thing but the stuff around it can be polished nicely

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Isn't it brass? Should polish up really nicely
Crap, just realized the weight is some ugly thing but the stuff around it can be polished nicely

Yeah it’s brass mixed with something I guess, was just curious if it could be plated for a restore I’m working on.

#1385 2 years ago

Looks like it’s possible but a layer between the brass and plating is needed to stop brass diffusing through. Hmmm think I might have to do this

1 month later
#1386 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm so sorry, I'm just not on pinside much these days. Yes we can plate one
If you ever need me, email me @ [email protected] -- maybe it won't be 5 years later lol

#1387 1 year ago

Sorry I haven't been on here much these days, everyone. Life is so crazy right now.
Still glad to help if you need us, still doing orders and trying to keep platers busy
We moved into our shop last year and are just now getting too organize things. We've been moving all the plating over the last few weeks, one of the last pieces of the puzzle. I'll try to post up some pics of the shop soon.
I took on a location for games in Nashville, new place, with hyper bowling, a diner, a bar, and a music venue. I have about 50 pieces there, half pins, half classic arcades and some pool tables. I'll try to share pics of that soon too. Rad place, eastsidebowl.com if you want to check it out when you are in town next. But this has really got us on our toes. Thankfully we've hired more help and it's all seeming to gel together.
Grace and peace to all of you out there, yell if you need something!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com

6 months later
#1388 1 year ago

We’ve been busy, let us know if you need anything. Don’t message here, always email, thanks everyone for keeping us busy!!!
Here some doors to look at
Chris
[email protected]
pinballplating.com
hotrodarcade.com

0515B504-107D-47C8-9D0A-A48B279A714C (resized).jpeg0515B504-107D-47C8-9D0A-A48B279A714C (resized).jpeg4772DAC2-0CE9-46DF-9369-18C0E0898B97 (resized).jpeg4772DAC2-0CE9-46DF-9369-18C0E0898B97 (resized).jpegA3218ED9-0CD7-4452-9868-9FC9A0688E2D (resized).jpegA3218ED9-0CD7-4452-9868-9FC9A0688E2D (resized).jpeg
#1389 1 year ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

We’ve been busy, let us know if you need anything. Don’t message here, always email, thanks everyone for keeping us busy!!!
Here some doors to look at
Chris
[email protected]
pinballplating.com
hotrodarcade.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are beautiful.

#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Those are beautiful.

Thank you! No filter, might I add

#1391 1 year ago

Copper The Big Lebowski apron
Hard to capture what it really looks like, polishing marks showing up big time in these pics

3B70B58E-5D6E-4E65-82DB-D54CA7640605 (resized).jpeg3B70B58E-5D6E-4E65-82DB-D54CA7640605 (resized).jpegBA7E9734-DA38-4720-9BBD-869B8F96F8EB (resized).jpegBA7E9734-DA38-4720-9BBD-869B8F96F8EB (resized).jpeg

493A3C2A-3EC1-4034-9193-6A1EC6D951C1 (resized).jpeg493A3C2A-3EC1-4034-9193-6A1EC6D951C1 (resized).jpeg

10 months later
#1392 7 months ago

Well would you look at that, 10 months went by since my last post, lol.
Sorry I haven't updated with pics or anything. We are just busy, as I think everyone is.
Truth is, these days we have orders for plating and powder coating to keep up with, along with 2 game rooms now. One is a public location on quarter drop and the other is for private events inside the shop. We are also repairing a lot more pins now for everyone in the Nashville area (EMs included), now that we have the shop up and running. AND... trying to repair and restore stuff of my own for me and the biz. Not to mention ministry and life with the family (7 kiddos). Never a dull moment!
Thank you to all of our faithful folks keeping us busy!
If you need me don't message me on here -- shoot me an email at [email protected]
Thanks!
Chris
pinballplating.com
hotrodarcade.com

71159886276__277704FD-2ABB-4463-98C1-E4BCBBA6A13C (resized).jpeg71159886276__277704FD-2ABB-4463-98C1-E4BCBBA6A13C (resized).jpegIMG_4534 (resized).jpegIMG_4534 (resized).jpegIMG_5853 (resized).jpegIMG_5853 (resized).jpegIMG_5968 (resized).jpegIMG_5968 (resized).jpegIMG_6045 (resized).jpegIMG_6045 (resized).jpegIMG_6046 (resized).jpegIMG_6046 (resized).jpegIMG_6729 (resized).jpegIMG_6729 (resized).jpegIMG_7359 (resized).jpegIMG_7359 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_2 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1393 5 months ago

here is my shout out to Chris at Pinball plating.
had some slot parts chromed by Chris. Let me just say this is some of the finest chrome work I have ever encountered. the plating is beautiful. it is a mirror and The finish completely wraps the edges and backs, no cheap singled side stuff where the edges will eventually flake off.
Cant say enough positive about his work, communication and even turn around time.

Thanks Chris!!

here are some before and afters.
IMG_8237 (resized).jpegIMG_8237 (resized).jpegIMG_8264 (resized).jpegIMG_8264 (resized).jpegIMG_8357 (resized).jpegIMG_8357 (resized).jpegIMG_8356 (resized).jpegIMG_8356 (resized).jpegIMG_8360 (resized).jpegIMG_8360 (resized).jpegIMG_8924 (resized).jpegIMG_8924 (resized).jpegIMG_8931 (resized).jpegIMG_8931 (resized).jpegIMG_8941 (resized).jpegIMG_8941 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1394 3 months ago
Quoted from bfastr:

here is my shout out to Chris at Pinball plating.
had some slot parts chromed by Chris. Let me just say this is some of the finest chrome work I have ever encountered. the plating is beautiful. it is a mirror and The finish completely wraps the edges and backs, no cheap singled side stuff where the edges will eventually flake off.
Cant say enough positive about his work, communication and even turn around time.
Thanks Chris!!
here are some before and afters.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m sorry I’m just seeing this! I’m not on pinside much these days lol. Thank you for letting us help! I really appreciate it, and glad you like your stuff!
Chris
[email protected]
pinballplating.com

There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating/page/28?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.