IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
imagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7359 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.
#1001 4 years ago

A little Candy Blue (translucent powder over chrome) we are working on for a friend up in Canada

IMG_5449 (resized).jpegIMG_5449 (resized).jpegIMG_5450 (resized).jpegIMG_5450 (resized).jpeg
#1003 4 years ago

Especially when you convert from USD to CAD

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I don't know how you guys manage up there.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh that's expensive.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

It's not too bad. A little more than chrome. I do hate what all of our out of the country customers have to pay sometimes between the shipping and the converting of the dollar. I really am amazed how much we ship overseas. Some weeks it's 3-5 orders going out of the US. Just this week has been Canada, Australia, The UK, and Sweden. I'm very grateful for all you that order, here or out there across the pond or a boarder. Means more than you folks know.
Let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1006 4 years ago

Emailed earlier this week on a set of ramps for Pinball Magic , Never got a response

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Emailed earlier this week on a set of ramps for Pinball Magic , Never got a response

Sorry about that, just did. Took too long to think about it and ended up never getting back to responding. My answer is almost always no, but I want to help, so go check your email and let me know. Thanks.

#1008 4 years ago

Working on a Addams Gold. Beautiful machine, but like most all of them do, the plating is looking rough. Some of it was never meant to be this nice, that's ok, we'll fix that.

IMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpeg
#1009 4 years ago

Finally got my Addams Family back. I have to set it up still and I will show all the chrome goodies Mike, Ron, and Chris(did most of them) had done throughout the years. This has been a 8-9 year project and I finally had someone finish it up for me.

#1010 4 years ago

Fish Tales looking like it’s been out to sea with some barnacles on it, lol.
No worries, chrome and black nickel (as seen here) are in stock!
Let me know I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

23374024-7876-4DA5-91F6-2179968C1C78 (resized).jpeg23374024-7876-4DA5-91F6-2179968C1C78 (resized).jpeg5E35C06D-0F0D-47C0-95A2-FC7293759C68 (resized).jpeg5E35C06D-0F0D-47C0-95A2-FC7293759C68 (resized).jpegF4954EAC-D813-4B3F-8477-0B2F541A997D (resized).jpegF4954EAC-D813-4B3F-8477-0B2F541A997D (resized).jpeg
#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Finally got my Addams Family back. I have to setup it up still and I will show all the chrome goodies Mike, Ron, and Chris(did most of them) had done throughout the years. This has been a 8-9 year project and I finally had someone finished it up for me.

dang, you still working on that thing? LOL. post some pics asap

#1012 4 years ago

New Product Exchange - Sega Batman Forever Gun
Chrome or Neon Green coated....
Link to site here: http://www.pinballplating.com/plastic-plating-coating/batman-forever-gun-green-chrome
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

0DE1BF10-0B04-419F-A466-0CEB03B70FDC (resized).jpeg0DE1BF10-0B04-419F-A466-0CEB03B70FDC (resized).jpeg599B0217-3077-4245-881D-BF2CF14E17D5 (resized).jpeg599B0217-3077-4245-881D-BF2CF14E17D5 (resized).jpegDC5855A4-3A95-48BF-8202-0FE9032052B4 (resized).jpegDC5855A4-3A95-48BF-8202-0FE9032052B4 (resized).jpeg

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That green looks super.

That green in awesome!

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That green looks super.

Quoted from kcZ:

That green in awesome!

I knew the green would be a winner, hence why I had two sets of it done
Thanks, guys!

#1016 4 years ago

Gottlieb #stargate Pyramid Exchange just added to the exchange library
http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/gottlieb-stargate-pyramid-brass
We also have the wireworms for exchange as well, both in brass or candy purple.
Glad to help, thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3554 (resized).JPGIMG_3554 (resized).JPGIMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3553 (resized).JPGIMG_3553 (resized).JPGIMG_3556 (resized).jpgIMG_3556 (resized).jpg
#1017 4 years ago

Sometimes you go to a auction and buy the pyramid of pinballs, just to get parts. When do we have enough parts? That's the question I need a answer for, lol.
Hope everyone is having a great week!

IMG_5776 (resized).jpegIMG_5776 (resized).jpegIMG_5774 (resized).jpegIMG_5774 (resized).jpegIMG_5775 (resized).jpegIMG_5775 (resized).jpegIMG_5795 (resized).jpgIMG_5795 (resized).jpgIMG_5793 (resized).jpegIMG_5793 (resized).jpeg
#1018 4 years ago

What? You found a VarKon???
What a Pyramid. Thats going to be some fun.
You can get those working Im sure.

#1019 4 years ago

Im trying to guess titles based on coin doors...
Bally Heaven.

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What? You found a VarKon???
What a Pyramid. Thats going to be some fun.
You can get those working Im sure.

I wish I found a Varkon, I did find a marquee in a stack of poker marquees though.
The pins are pretty rough. The lower ones have been damp, and it's not good. I posted a list of the titles on the facebook page, I'll try to find that. Hoping to save a few, but I think most will be parts machines, which is a shame. And that's coming from a guy who has saved lots of games over the years that most wouldn't have taken the time to do so.

#1021 4 years ago

NEW PRODUCT - PokeyONE
I know this might be a little random for some, but my business also sells arcade parts. In case there are any Atari arcade collectors here, we rolled this out today. Kind've a big deal since the old ones fail and without them most Atari classics would be doorstops. First time to be reproduced since Atari originals were made. Originals are running out and these should help keep these games alive on into the future. Big thanks to David Shuman (Shupac) for sticking it out to make this happen, over two years in the making.
PokeyONE: A modern, reliable, replacement for the the Atari POKEY chip!
https://hotrodarcade.com/products/pokeyone-atari-pokey-chip-replacement-for-atari-arcade-games

P1_top_CE_DS (resized).pngP1_top_CE_DS (resized).pngP1_corner_CE (resized).pngP1_corner_CE (resized).png
#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

NEW PRODUCT - PokeyONE
I know this might be a little random for some, but my business also sells arcade parts. In case there are any Atari arcade collectors here, we rolled this out today. Kind've a big deal since the old ones fail and without them most Atari classics would be doorstops. First time to be reproduced since Atari originals were made. Originals are running out and these should help keep these games alive on into the future. Big thanks to David Shuman (Shupac) for sticking it out to make this happen, over two years in the making.
https://hotrodarcade.com/products/pokeyone-atari-pokey-chip-replacement-for-atari-arcade-games[quoted image][quoted image]

Incredible!

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

NEW PRODUCT - PokeyONE
https://hotrodarcade.com/products/pokeyone-atari-pokey-chip-replacement-for-atari-arcade-games[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!! But...I have no idea what this is???

#1024 4 years ago

Quad pokey chip is on the main pcb board for most Atari games. Without it... pcb doesn't work. Guys like me that collected arcades would pull the pokeys off bad Atari boards just because they were unobtainable. I think I still have a stash of some, even though I sold almost all my arcades years ago.

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Congrats!! But...I have no idea what this is???

So most classic Atari arcades used a pokey chip, without it, you don't have a game. Problem is no-one has ever been able to remake it and the original stock is really starting to dry up with the prices getting up to $30-40 each, many times I've bought originals from reputable sellers and they are bad from the get go. They are also known for eventually going bad. This will help many arcade collectors keep their old Atari games alive. Pretty cool stuff really for the arcade world

Quoted from robotron911:

Quad pokey chip is on the main pcb board for most Atari games. Without it... pcb doesn't work. Guys like me that collected arcades would pull the pokeys off bad Atari boards just because they were unobtainable. I think I still have a stash of some, even though I sold almost all my arcades years ago.

You should start sell those spares off now

#1026 4 years ago

If you are are near Chattanooga this weekend, The Chattanooga Pinball Museum is displaying our beloved Copperhead Frankenstein, as a part of their grand opening celebration. Go by and play some pinball, and tell those guys we sent ya! Some great people there!

Hope all is well in pinball world, let us know if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com
IMG_7550 (resized).JPGIMG_7550 (resized).JPGIMG_7576 (resized).JPGIMG_7576 (resized).JPGIMG_7687 2 (resized).JPGIMG_7687 2 (resized).JPGIMG_7218 (resized).JPGIMG_7218 (resized).JPGIMG_7608 (resized).JPGIMG_7608 (resized).JPGIMG_7848 (resized).JPGIMG_7848 (resized).JPGIMG_7845 (resized).JPGIMG_7845 (resized).JPG

#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

If you are are near Chattanooga this weekend, The Chattanooga Pinball Museum is displaying our beloved Copperhead Frankenstein, as a part of their grand opening celebration. Go by and play some pinball, and tell those guys we sent ya! Some great people there!
Hope all is well in pinball world, let us know if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW!!! STUNNING!!! I'd be afraid to touch it.

#1028 4 years ago

Looks very nice - do the pops hold the finish as well as chrome?

#1029 4 years ago

I just installed my side rails today. I think they came out great alongside the legs and lock down bar I got from him.

IMG_6102 (1).jpgIMG_6102 (1).jpg
#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! STUNNING!!! I'd be afraid to touch it.

Quoted from mountaingamer:

Looks very nice - do the pops hold the finish as well as chrome?

Thanks guys, it's a game. Eventually it'll be in my collection when we have a new place with the room for my stuff to be set up. I don't believe in just owning them to look at, although it seems like that's what I do these days. But that's mainly due to the plating stuff taking over all my game space.

The pops do seem to hold up pretty well, of course it's not on location or something but I think for private use it's fine.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I just installed my side rails today. I think they came out great alongside the legs and lock down bar I got from him.[quoted image]

Looks good!!! Thank you for letting me help with all of it! I've been working a little on my Addams here, I'll post some pics soon.

Hope all is well in the pinball world. Yell if you need me, everyone!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1032 4 years ago

Here are some pics of my 8-9 year long Addams that I chromed a bunch of stuff. Rails, lockdown bar, back glass channel, service box, bunch of brackets, mesh grills, and pcb board mounting backboard.

Only issue I had was the chrome bolts were very hard to get into the leg brackets. I actually ended up breaking a bolt off.

95EB82C9-110C-4F6C-9449-01FD78742AA3 (resized).jpeg95EB82C9-110C-4F6C-9449-01FD78742AA3 (resized).jpeg4ECEF602-DC32-45A1-B8F3-1D8DC1CBAC73 (resized).jpeg4ECEF602-DC32-45A1-B8F3-1D8DC1CBAC73 (resized).jpeg816B0362-66EE-4B00-B0E8-F9A2C54AB9B0 (resized).jpeg816B0362-66EE-4B00-B0E8-F9A2C54AB9B0 (resized).jpeg8B0DE2CE-4A93-4766-9CA6-042FC7182BFC (resized).jpeg8B0DE2CE-4A93-4766-9CA6-042FC7182BFC (resized).jpegF7B53419-4DED-4DBE-A28E-7327A8B7F0DE (resized).jpegF7B53419-4DED-4DBE-A28E-7327A8B7F0DE (resized).jpeg519750FE-6CE2-4907-A326-ADA4E565C5ED (resized).jpeg519750FE-6CE2-4907-A326-ADA4E565C5ED (resized).jpeg62856804-A918-4606-B599-E56402FAB3A5 (resized).jpeg62856804-A918-4606-B599-E56402FAB3A5 (resized).jpeg
#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Here are some pics of my 8-9 year long Addams that I chromed a bunch of stuff. Rails, lockdown bar, back glass channel, service box, bunch of brackets, mesh grills, and pcb board mounting backboard.
Only issue I had was the chrome bolts were very hard to get into the leg brackets. I actually ended up breaking a bolt off.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great man! Let me know if you need another bolt (or maybe we already did that). Just want to take care of folks.
Thanks!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#1034 4 years ago

Can previously powdercoated parts be redone? I’ve been told it’s way too expensive to get the parts back to bare metal and prep for new powder coating. Just curious.

#1035 4 years ago

Your Chelios framed picture has the wrong jersey. Just sayin'...

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Your Chelios framed picture has the wrong jersey. Just sayin'...

Coming from the guy who lives near Detroit!!!

He did play 9+ years on Chicago as you know and is currently a ambassador for the Blackhawks now!!

Red Wings were good, but he will always be on the Blackhawks to me....

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Can previously powdercoated parts be redone? I’ve been told it’s way too expensive to get the parts back to bare metal and prep for new powder coating. Just curious.

Yes, they can be. We have acid tanks for that.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Yes, they can be. We have acid tanks for that.

Wow. Ok. Thanks.

#1039 4 years ago

That Frankenstein is way cool. Too bad its not an amazing game. You guys epoxy it? Love seeing all the high end chrome

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Looks great man! Let me know if you need another bolt (or maybe we already did that). Just want to take care of folks.
Thanks!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

I pretty sure I remember getting a bag of around 180 screws, bolts, post, etc... for this one. LOL.

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Coming from the guy who lives near Detroit!!!
He did play 9+ years on Chicago as you know and is currently a ambassador for the Blackhawks now!!
Red Wings were good, but he will always be on the Blackhawks to me....

You are both wrong!
Just remember his first team and the reason he left

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

That Frankenstein is way cool. Too bad its not an amazing game. You guys epoxy it? Love seeing all the high end chrome

Thanks man! It's polished copper plating with a lacquer clear coat on top. We had it in the booth at Texas last year. Thought I'd sell it but I'm kinda partial to it now. I do have it on the hotrodarcade.com site but I've got it priced out there where I think people will leave it alone, but they can still go look at it.

#1043 4 years ago

10 new posts and no photos.
So disappointed

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

10 new posts and no photos.
So disappointed

I can always just post pictures of trim packages being sold.... lol
Not much new. Platers are SUPER SLOW right now due to high volumes of stuff being done, not just pinball, but everything. Making my life a little hectic. But rolling with it. I'll see if I can't give ya something to look at this weekend.

Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

1 week later
#1045 4 years ago

What came in, what's going out. Same day turn around. Demolition Man handles - I have more sets if yours are looking rough
To see more of our exchange parts go here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts

Happy Fathers Day to all those dads out there, love those kiddos!
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_6188 (resized).jpegIMG_6188 (resized).jpegIMG_6189 (resized).jpegIMG_6189 (resized).jpeg
#1046 4 years ago

So, everyone has a game they remember playing as a kid. I honestly didn't get to play a lot of pinball as a kid, there just weren't any good places for me to go growing up. That being said, when I was a teenager, and old enough to go to movies with friends without adults, I got play a pinball at the movie theater we went to. Oddly enough, that movie theater is one block away from my warehouse now, where I keep the game inventory for www.hotrodarcade.com (shameless plug). That movie theater is closed now, but my memories of playing The Addams Family there have stuck with me. There was something about getting Thing to come out of the box and get the pinball that mesmerized me.
Fast forward to the present day, I have owned a few TAFs and most have been pretty beat. We've cleaned them up and all that, but none that were so nice I wanted to keep them forever. Most I didn't intend to sell, but then did because someone offered up the right amounts at the time to help our family keep living life, and so off they went.
Last year, I missed out on buying a couple from from friends, including a couple of Golds, then my good friend Larry Kitchen picked one up, and gave me first crack at it, knowing I wanted one to keep, maybe restore. So I bought it! I was excited to have one and for our family to get to enjoy here at the house. A couple of weeks later I had a customer call me one day needing some brass siderails for a game he had. He was upset with dealing with "pinball people" trying to sell a game he had, as they had been picking it apart, and he was over it. We've all been there, most of us have been those people too, let's face it. He made it clear he wasn't a pinball person but the reason they had the game, and another (DE Star Wars), were because his father in law had been a operator back in the day and always kept a couple of pins at the house for his family to play. I was intrigued wondering why he'd need brass rails to "fix" a machine to sell, had Mike or I sold them brass before? Then I asked what the game was, and he replied with, "it's The Addams Family." I then realized what he was talking about and said, "do you own a Gold Addams?" He said yes, then described to me that the backbox had messed up the plating on the tops of the siderails. I asked the the lockbar needed to be done too, it usually does at this point in life. He said no it looked good and was still all gold, and I began to realize, this is a Gold Addams that has been in someone's home, maybe it's whole life.
At this point I'm thinking about the fact I just bought a Addams and now I'm wondering if I could buy this one, lol. I'm sure none of you have ever done such a thing. I proceeded to ask if it was sold. He said no, that he had someone and they had made a deal off of a online auction site, but they had since picked it apart saying it needed this or that, and he was pretty upset about it. I then asked if anyone else in his family wanted it, seemed to me like someone would if it had been in the family all these years. He said he'd asked but no one really did and they needed to move soon and let the pins go. So I asked the question, "what would you sell it for as is, you don't do anything else to it?" He sent me pictures, I approved and we struck a deal. Even with knowing what he had, and he had done pretty extensive research, I got it cheaper than the ones I had missed out on and they were no creampuffs.
So here we have our Addams Gold, a keeper for us. I have already sold the other one, before anyone asks. We are going through it now for a family who is buying for their dad/husband, who has wanted one for years. As for mine, I couldn't not throw some new trim on it, after it came in, and of course wireform and apron guard too, as they were rough.
First few pictures (before the plaque) are of it when it got here, not terrible, but I couldn't see leaving it alone when everything was just sitting here on the shelf for it anyway.

Thanks for looking and listening to me ramble about getting a Addams for us to keep. I can't tell ya how it makes me feel when the lights are low and it goes into multiball with those flashers going off everyone, including my ceiling. Takes me back. I don't get to enjoy pinball much these days as it's mostly work. Thankful for a few moments here and there like that.

If your The Addams Family Gold (Special Collectors Edition) is looking rough, we can help!
www.pinballplating.com
[email protected]

IMG_5495 (resized).jpegIMG_5495 (resized).jpegIMG_5497 (resized).jpegIMG_5497 (resized).jpegIMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5500 (resized).jpegIMG_5500 (resized).jpegIMG_6217 (resized).jpegIMG_6217 (resized).jpegIMG_6215 (resized).jpegIMG_6215 (resized).jpegIMG_6218 (resized).jpegIMG_6218 (resized).jpegIMG_6214 (resized).jpegIMG_6214 (resized).jpegIMG_6216 (resized).jpegIMG_6216 (resized).jpegIMG_6213 (resized).jpegIMG_6213 (resized).jpeg
#1047 4 years ago

Thankful for those making orders and buying pins from us, thank you!

Let me know if I can do anything to help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
www.hotrodarcade.com

1F41E89A-E02A-4869-985A-750554690E3D (resized).jpeg1F41E89A-E02A-4869-985A-750554690E3D (resized).jpeg67712D0F-80E9-4F22-BDAD-8896FE20ECD8 (resized).jpeg67712D0F-80E9-4F22-BDAD-8896FE20ECD8 (resized).jpegA345766D-48AA-44EB-B87F-94C546F31A4A (resized).jpegA345766D-48AA-44EB-B87F-94C546F31A4A (resized).jpeg
#1048 4 years ago

Just finished my IJ restoration....Thanks Chris for always selling a quality product!!

35FF791A-1108-48D1-BE2F-AB17FC8347DF (resized).jpeg35FF791A-1108-48D1-BE2F-AB17FC8347DF (resized).jpeg80C8BD56-ACCC-481A-BC06-7E370782BF54 (resized).jpeg80C8BD56-ACCC-481A-BC06-7E370782BF54 (resized).jpegB3E72731-C4B9-4DF3-B913-6F04F99FACD6 (resized).jpegB3E72731-C4B9-4DF3-B913-6F04F99FACD6 (resized).jpeg
#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from cldavis2009:

Just finished my IJ restoration....Thanks Chris for always selling a quality product!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the order! You have a beautiful collection!

#1050 4 years ago

Got my Demolition Man handles in and installed. They look GREAT. Now the old bolts not so much. Thanks Chris!

41290984-BFE9-4450-B0B9-E9896A7D9EA9 (resized).jpeg41290984-BFE9-4450-B0B9-E9896A7D9EA9 (resized).jpegD96B8C40-B16F-4DCB-9694-70DFB169CAB7 (resized).jpegD96B8C40-B16F-4DCB-9694-70DFB169CAB7 (resized).jpegE8B66D6A-013B-42EB-95E2-592F5BAFF010 (resized).jpegE8B66D6A-013B-42EB-95E2-592F5BAFF010 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.