IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
imagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7359 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

Chris: Do yourself a favor and don't respond to this gentleman anymore...
These disputes always get ugly and no-one ever wins. You didn't out him, he's picked this online fight out of you changing your policies post, and IDed himself. So he's the one who made this particular dispute public. In you original post, you said there were several customers who've stiffed you, and therefore you had to make the change. I was really surprised you didn't collect monies up front for this service, or at least a down payment, as I'm sure most of your customers are...so you didn't do anything wrong in that simple explanation of your policy change.
On this particular dispute, I'm sure you both believe you're right, and the truth is in the middle, as always - but it sounds like you both moved on(mostly lol) - your ex-customer has found a new plater he's happy with...and you seem to have accepted your losses on this deal.
Not that I think this plea will work...they rarely do, and I'm not even sure why I'm doing it since we've all seen it so many times before...maybe it's my turn to try? Sure...why not...plus, it's bowling night. I'm in a gregarious mood... :0D

Quoted from Soulrider911:

I have always had great experiences with Chris. I have probably spent in excess of 3k with him over the last few years, and I have never felt for one second that he was not a customer-focused businessman, and would take care of me in an event.
I actually was surprised when I placed my very first order arrived at my door and I had not even paid for it? I thought there was an error / or something amiss.
Then Chris said that he trusts his buyers, and payment is upon receiving. I thought this was both amazing and risky. I have NO PROBLEM paying up front, that is the standard way of buying almost any product these days (now there are some exceptions). I have also had some issues with some of the parts I got from Chris, and he took care of me and resolved every issue I had. I believe he is a good man, from my perspective.

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I have had excellent service from Pinball Plating.

Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated! Now back to our regularly scheduled programming
I hope everyone is having a good night. Won't stop raining here. Flooding in parts. Stay safe, my friends!
Chris

#952 5 years ago

Just want to give a huge thanks and shout out to Chris. My game is now that much closer to where I want it and the chrome was a major player in it. Will definitely be doing more business and spreading the word when opportunity presents itself.

IMG_20190207_143531113 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143531113 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143539162 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143539162 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143602398 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143602398 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143554829 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143554829 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143503902 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143503902 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143456673 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_143456673 (resized).jpg
#953 5 years ago

I also feel it super important to express how awesome his customer service is. I had wrong parts sent to me, he made it right and fixed it. I sent stuff for trade in after I payed, he gave me stuff I forgot to order plus a couple more coin reject housings which might I add messed up on my behalf not his. Super solid guy. Can't express my gratitude enough.

#954 5 years ago

I have spent a lot of money with Chris and I've bought several pins and 1 shuffle alley from him. In my dealings he has been more than fair. Each time he gave me more than I bargained for (including extra parts I needed or MIGHT need). He has been honest and up front about what I was getting with every purchase. I'm fairly new to the hobby but I've been in business for over 16 years, dealt with a lot of folks in my 54 years so I'd say I have a better than average BS detector. All I can say about Chris (and I've done all my transactions with him in person) is he is a SOLID businessman and a true straight up, old school handshake kinda guy. Nothing but helpful with me and I look forward to doing more business with him for years to come as my collection grows.

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I have had excellent service from Pinball Plating.

Me too.

#956 5 years ago

Chris is Awesome to work with!
Charitable in many ways and is beyond a standup guy!

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Just want to give a huge thanks and shout out to Chris. My game is now that much closer to where I want it and the chrome was a major player in it. Will definitely be doing more business and spreading the word when opportunity presents itself.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That thing looks amazing. Makes me want one, lol. Thank you so much for the order!

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

I also feel it super important to express how awesome his customer service is. I had wrong parts sent to me, he made it right and fixed it. I sent stuff for trade in after I payed, he gave me stuff I forgot to order plus a couple more coin reject housings which might I add messed up on my behalf not his. Super solid guy. Can't express my gratitude enough.

Quoted from Jack_Bot:

I have spent a lot of money with Chris and I've bought several pins and 1 shuffle alley from him. In my dealings he has been more than fair. Each time he gave me more than I bargained for (including extra parts I needed or MIGHT need). He has been honest and up front about what I was getting with every purchase. I'm fairly new to the hobby but I've been in business for over 16 years, dealt with a lot of folks in my 54 years so I'd say I have a better than average BS detector. All I can say about Chris (and I've done all my transactions with him in person) is he is a SOLID businessman and a true straight up, old school handshake kinda guy. Nothing but helpful with me and I look forward to doing more business with him for years to come as my collection grows.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Chris is Awesome to work with!
Charitable in many ways and is beyond a standup guy!

You guys are incredibly kind. I really appreciate it. You each know that it means a lot to me, as your friendships do. Appreciate all of you and thank you for letting me be apart of helping with your stuff!
Chris

#959 5 years ago

Old Gottlieb Door... Nickel Plated
She was rough on the get go, still not perfect but much, much better.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected] <--- Send questions and orders here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4408 (resized).JPGIMG_4408 (resized).JPGIMG_4410 (resized).JPGIMG_4410 (resized).JPGIMG_4412 (resized).JPGIMG_4412 (resized).JPG
#960 5 years ago

Nice picture, you look like Chunk from Goonies.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Nice picture, you look like Chunk from Goonies.

Should've seen something like that coming, lolol.

#962 5 years ago

Chris.
I know you said you were cutting back on shows, but I wanted to check if you might be at TPF so I can plan accordingly.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Chris.
I know you said you were cutting back on shows, but I wanted to check if you might be at TPF so I can plan accordingly.

At this moment, I do not believe I will be there. If the skies open up and part the ways for me to go, I will, but no booth. I'm covered up here, so I need to stay with it. Glad to help however you need me to do so.

#964 5 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
I'm bad about not getting pics of stuff we do, here's some pieces we did recently for a friend.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Chris
[email protected] <--- questions and order go here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4273 (resized).JPGIMG_4273 (resized).JPGIMG_4274 (resized).JPGIMG_4274 (resized).JPGIMG_4278 (resized).jpgIMG_4278 (resized).jpgIMG_4279 (resized).JPGIMG_4279 (resized).JPG
#965 5 years ago

Good grief, this is the truth and it's killed brass production altogether. Patience appreciated as we seem to be living in Seattle here lately.
Hope all is well with everyone!
Yell if I can help with something!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

52828215_2668207626528495_3145666934154985472_n (resized).jpg52828215_2668207626528495_3145666934154985472_n (resized).jpg
#966 5 years ago

We tried something new, something I didn't know we could pull off. Brass plated the handle only on a early shooter rod. Chrome rod, brass handle. Pretty cool.
We expecting to get 5 inches of rain between now and tomorrow night. Not a good thing here, but also prolonging brass/black nickel as it has been for literally weeks on end now. Hope you are doing well where you are!
Thanks for looking.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4563 (resized).JPGIMG_4563 (resized).JPGIMG_4564 (resized).JPGIMG_4564 (resized).JPGIMG_4565 (resized).JPGIMG_4565 (resized).JPGIMG_4566 (resized).JPGIMG_4566 (resized).JPG
#967 5 years ago

TOTAN spikes and opto brackets in brass
Hope everyone is having a great day, thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4569 (resized).JPGIMG_4569 (resized).JPGIMG_4571 (resized).JPGIMG_4571 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#968 5 years ago

Fire! Champagne that belongs to a friend that we did polished brass on. It was a super pain in the neck to get this job done. Doing the rails for this thing proved to be a major undertaking. All that being said, it is beautiful!
We normally do satin brass on these, which is easier to pull off than polished. I'm not saying we won't do another one, but it won't be cheap, and don't expect it fast, lol.
Glad to help with something if I can, I hope everyone is doing well!
Chris
[email protected] - send orders and questions here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_1436 (resized).jpgIMG_1436 (resized).jpgIMG_1439 (resized).jpgIMG_1439 (resized).jpgIMG_1440 (resized).jpgIMG_1440 (resized).jpgIMG_1442 (resized).jpgIMG_1442 (resized).jpg

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Fire! Champagne that belongs to a friend that we did polished brass on. It was a super pain in the neck to get this job done. Doing the rails for this thing proved to be a major undertaking. All that being said, it is beautiful!
We normally do satin brass on these, which is easier to pull off than polished. I'm not saying we won't do another one, but it won't be cheap, and don't expect it fast, lol.
Chris
www.pinballplating.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow is that classy.

#970 5 years ago

Shooter gauge for a 1954 Williams Spitfire cleaned up and nickel-plated. An original to compare. Graphics applied with a rub-on transfer. Sorry for my grubby finger prints on it. Thanks Chris!

ShooterGauge (resized).jpgShooterGauge (resized).jpg

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Shooter gauge for a 1954 Williams Spitfire cleaned up and nickel-plated. An original to compare. Graphics applied with a rub-on transfer. Sorry for my grubby finger prints on it. Thanks Chris!
[quoted image]

That looks amazing, I'm sure even better in person!

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Chris
www.pinballplating.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now that's a Flashy Fire!
The lock down bar you did for me in satin is amazing!

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Now that's a Flashy Fire!
The lock down bar you did for me in satin is amazing!

I like them both ways. If I ever got a Champagne I'm afraid I'd struggle with which way to go on it.

1 week later
#974 5 years ago

Repaired the end caps (usual damage and hurting the hands of the owner's wife) and of course threw a little chrome plating on this 3 piece lockbar to one of the oldies
We do quite a few of these, I've even begun collecting a few to have for exchange.
She's a beaut!

Let me know if I can help with anything and thank you for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
IMG_4741 (resized).JPGIMG_4741 (resized).JPGIMG_4744 (resized).JPGIMG_4744 (resized).JPG

#975 5 years ago

#world-cup-soccer with the bad design. I've yet to see one of these things come in that wasn't broken. This one just happened to be broken all the way, lol.
We fix them and plate them.

Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4763 (resized).JPGIMG_4763 (resized).JPG
#976 5 years ago

I hope everyone at TPF is having a great weekend! Sorry we can't be with you guys.

Here's a few pics of something, just because I wanted to see it myself, lol.
Demo Man Handles in Black Nickel...
I have one set here for exchange. It probably won't be something I can keep in stock all of the time. Not on the site yet, just throwing it out there.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4936 (resized).JPGIMG_4936 (resized).JPGIMG_4937 (resized).JPGIMG_4937 (resized).JPGIMG_4943 (resized).JPGIMG_4943 (resized).JPGIMG_4939 (resized).JPGIMG_4939 (resized).JPGIMG_4944 (resized).JPGIMG_4944 (resized).JPG
#977 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

#world-cup-soccer with the bad design. I've yet to see one of these things come in that wasn't broken. This one just happened to be broken all the way, lol.
We fix them and plate them.
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
[quoted image]

Hey Chris... if you think of it, please post a pic of the WCS fixed and plated. Would love to see how your magic turns out!!

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Hey Chris... if you think of it, please post a pic of the WCS fixed and plated. Would love to see how your magic turns out!!

Will do, most all of skills that come in are broke, not usually all the way off, but we do the same welding to all of them nonetheless.

1 week later
#979 5 years ago

BK2000 Wireform a customer needed repaired, it had a bunch, more than not, of broken welds. We welded, ground down the rough stuff, and replated it.
We do more of this than I ever realized we would. Bought my own welder last year, hoping to get the hang of it myself this summer after practicing on some junk ones to help speed that part up.
Hope all is well with everyone! We've been crazy busy here, selling pins and the plated parts that go on them, lol. Thankful for all of it.
Thanks for looking and let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpegIMG_5024 (resized).jpegIMG_5024 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpeg
#980 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

BK2000 Wireform a customer needed repaired, it had a bunch, more than not, of broken welds. We welded, ground down the rough stuff, and replated it.
We do more of this than I ever realized we would. Bought my own welder last year, hoping to get the hang of it myself this summer after practicing on some junk ones to help speed that part up.
Hope all is well with everyone! We've been crazy busy here, selling pins and the plated parts that go on them, lol. Thankful for all of it.
Thanks for looking and let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A MIG or TIG welder?

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A MIG or TIG welder?

The one I have is a small MIG. I have access to about whatever, but I want to practice around before bumping up to something bigger.

#982 5 years ago

Red Stern things....

IMG_5060 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5060 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5061 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5061 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5062 2 (resized).jpegIMG_5062 2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#983 5 years ago

Not sure if this is a trade name or not, but can you do parts in "neochrome"? I could see this working well with more colorful games like GOTG for example.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#984 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Not sure if this is a trade name or not, but can you do parts in "neochrome"? I could see this working well with more colorful games like GOTG for example.[quoted image]

I've seen stuff like that done, our guys can do some similar things with plating. This is obscure but parts on certain cars were done with a rainbow effect back in the day, such as the brake booster on a 69 Camero, etc (don't ask me how I know). But I know they have done some of that kind of thing. We can probably do some similar things with some of the powders on the market, especially over the top of chrome... I can look into it if anyone really wants something.

Hope everyone is doing well. We have been playing catch up here, and just working day in day out. All good things. And more new things to come soon
Yell if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#985 4 years ago

Brass rails incoming...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#986 4 years ago

Customer's Theatre... Brass, lots of brass, and more coming...

Yell if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

Micah 2 (2) (resized).JPGMicah 2 (2) (resized).JPG
#987 4 years ago

We know your pain... shared from a friend

654737D8-6217-4E1B-961E-264D724CD4A4 (resized).jpeg654737D8-6217-4E1B-961E-264D724CD4A4 (resized).jpeg
#988 4 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

We know your pain... shared from a friend
[quoted image]

I made that meme, weird how crazy popular it became.

Thanks again for the taf plating!

#989 4 years ago

My hood catch on mustang is holding up great Chris!

#990 4 years ago

Car parts makes pinball parts look like chump change. LOL

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I made that meme, weird how crazy popular it became.
Thanks again for the taf plating!

I figured someone on here was responsible for that, good work!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Car parts makes pinball parts look like chump change. LOL

Paul, never truer words have been spoken lol

Quoted from dmacy:

My hood catch on mustang is holding up great Chris!

That's what I like to hear! Chrome it all!!! You and Paul both need to give me rides soon, just saying.

#992 4 years ago

Well Kris it won't be long, a couple months but I don't know if you'll fit in my passenger seat. LOL

IMGA0932 (resized).JPGIMGA0932 (resized).JPGIMGA0933 (resized).JPGIMGA0933 (resized).JPG
#993 4 years ago

have any of those chrome Deadpool katanas? whats the price on that?

#994 4 years ago

Chris at pinball plating is the best. My T2 has chrome rails and lockdown bar now that just makes it stunning. Quality is amazing. Delivered in record time and I’m in Canada. Will be ordering now more for my machines from him.

68A8B957-4F93-4802-9301-C8380C1AAE6A (resized).jpeg68A8B957-4F93-4802-9301-C8380C1AAE6A (resized).jpegAC423FCE-02C1-4579-B51B-AEB7D6A9B2BB (resized).jpegAC423FCE-02C1-4579-B51B-AEB7D6A9B2BB (resized).jpegCDB0BB0C-B651-4292-A26A-EFBED34EA594 (resized).jpegCDB0BB0C-B651-4292-A26A-EFBED34EA594 (resized).jpeg
#995 4 years ago

That is a good looking machine, nice job.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

have any of those chrome Deadpool katanas? whats the price on that?

I sure do, I have all four just back from plating, send me yours, exchange is $100. It’s one of a about a hundred parts I need to add to the site, lol.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Chris at pinball plating is the best. My T2 has chrome rails and lockdown bar now that just makes it stunning. Quality is amazing. Delivered in record time and I’m in Canada. Will be ordering now more for my machines from him.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think that looks amazing. I have two T2s right now, one we are going through for a customer, this makes me want to do the other up and keep it. I love it! Thank you for the order, means more than you know!
Chris

#998 4 years ago

These are the plastic surround parts off a Dr Dude. Need I tell you the first is the before pic. I'll let Chris better explain how this process works.

Needless to say, they turned out beautiful!

MWhPqYX2T7e+LNKI6k9dsQ (resized).jpgMWhPqYX2T7e+LNKI6k9dsQ (resized).jpg9SLjxNyLQCyCSlDojg25ng (resized).jpg9SLjxNyLQCyCSlDojg25ng (resized).jpg4CgGMGjCSXWv8uadEgoWvA (resized).jpg4CgGMGjCSXWv8uadEgoWvA (resized).jpgP%dLycgdRpmsVknIe+WXBQ (resized).jpgP%dLycgdRpmsVknIe+WXBQ (resized).jpgWDALTZhhShOnohrFSMbu+Q (resized).jpgWDALTZhhShOnohrFSMbu+Q (resized).jpgWTC1e8xpQYaJf6zTyJ5jQg (resized).jpgWTC1e8xpQYaJf6zTyJ5jQg (resized).jpgHAZbov3YQWCqpLXgf%dQCA (resized).jpgHAZbov3YQWCqpLXgf%dQCA (resized).jpgODGZiynsQNKNRrHkcrY4EQ (resized).jpgODGZiynsQNKNRrHkcrY4EQ (resized).jpg

#999 4 years ago

wow those look great.

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

These are the plastic surround parts off a Dr Dude. Need I tell you the first is the before pic. I'll let Chris better explain how this process works.
Needless to say, they turned out beautiful!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This makes me want one of those, I've never owned that title...
Amazing work, my friend, you always impress!!!

There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating/page/20?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.