IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
imagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7359 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

$120,000 - $180,000. I loved my old Bronco, but for that cash I'm buying a Lambo, Ferrari or Aston Martin.

I plan to build mine for under $20/25k, and it should be a nice driver when I'm done. It's crazy what people want for them. Kudos to those that can spend that. It'll take me a few years to afford to do mine when I do it, unless I sell a few pins, which is always a option, lol

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

It's messy work bench day!
Working through more of our custom chrome leg bolts (all of which are the extended length version), doing quality control and getting out a big order. This might be one of our best selling things. I have collectors that buy these for every game even if they don't buy anything else. We grind them, just like Mike did, then plate them. 40 sets going out to a customer here. Hard to keep up with having them in stock to be honest, but we manage.
Hope everyone is having a nice cold Saturday, thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected] <--- send orders and questions here
www.pinballplating.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've always wanted some of these but am afraid of what my wrenches may do to them.

#903 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I've always wanted some of these but am afraid of what my wrenches may do to them.

Unless you are being crazy or something, you won't harm them a bit, it's not powder coating. Chrome is much more resilient. I've never had one person complain of chipping the plating or anything. I wouldn't use a impact on them, but a standard wrench should be fine.

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Unless you are being crazy or something, you won't harm them a bit, it's not powder coating. Chrome is much more resilient. I've never had one person complain of chipping the plating or anything. I wouldn't use a impact on them, but a standard wrench should be fine.

Tighten them with a ratchet action closed-end wrench and you won't have an issue. And, if you are scratching the sides of the bolts then you are definitely over-tightening them and will have additional problems with decal wrinkling, wood distortion on the cab over time, etc.

#905 5 years ago

Hope all is well with everyone, thank you to everyone for your orders. Crazy time of the year but grateful to be busy. Expecting lots of parts this week and even after the holiday to be finished up. Everyone stay warm!
Chris
[email protected] <--- orders and questions here
www.pinballplating.com

#906 5 years ago

Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has a great time with their loved ones in the next day or two.
God has truly blessed us and I am grateful for all of you that help support what we do.
Thank you and let me know if I can do anything for you outside of plating/pinball stuff. I feel as though God has allowed me to stay in the hobby to care for others. If you need something, talk, hang out, whatever, don't be afraid to reach out.
God bless, my friends!
Chris
[email protected]
615-598-0024

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Thanks bud! Any word on your car?

You bet. No not a word, doesn't bother me cuz it can't come home till it warns up and everything is unfrozen and dry.

#910 5 years ago

Just got these installed today, Thanks Chris!

E98D190A-89FE-4FD5-8F5F-C82ED94B283C (resized).jpegE98D190A-89FE-4FD5-8F5F-C82ED94B283C (resized).jpeg
#911 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

[quoted image]

And that cat likes it too!

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

[quoted image]

I'm in love.... I need me one of those
Seriously tho, I miss having Addams. If you ever want to sell it...

#913 5 years ago

pinballplating.com announcement - Hot Rod Arcade - Making some changes

First of all, let me say, I am so very grateful for everyone’s support in what we do for the hobby! Thank you to everyone that has placed an order, sold us a part for the exchange library, or has just called with questions.
It’s still hard to believe some days that we are knee deep into this, but I’m more grateful than ever that we are. I have said this before but I’ll say it again. I value the relationships with you all, even more than the stuff or money. So thank you for trusting me and for at times being patient when we wait longer than usual to get parts back or whatever comes up.

When I took this over, after Mike’s passing, I vowed to do my best to try to keep things the way they were. Mike really wasn’t trying to grow the company, and was able to operate in a way that was very personal (which I never want to change), and in some ways very old school, mainly in the form of payment (this has to change). Now for 1/2 years I’ve keep the same exact things in place and I’ve honestly loved doing so. But I do need to change some things, for the sake of my family and not allowing others to take advantage of my trust. This is a business and I have unfortunately had some take advantage of us. This past year I had a couple of people not pay the balance owed on orders. A couple have just straight up never paid and will not respond. Then another had us plate every single metal part… let me say that again…. Every. Single. Metal. Part. From an early Bally, and then refused to pay their balance. Even after I finally said, “You know what, pay me what I have in it and let’s let this be the last order we’ll do together,” they still won’t pay. They ordered other parts on top of that order as well. They alone still owe over $1800 for the the order. It takes me a lot of orders to make up that kind of loss and in the end my family are the ones that suffer for someone’s childishness. Especially in a year when we had a baby and other things to deal with, just like everyone else. I know some of you will want me to “out them,” but that’s not why I’m here writing this. I believe The Lord himself deals with the things I cannot, and He Himself is the one that provides for my family. They know who they are and if they can live with doing that to us, then it’s on them. So that being said, here are the changes I’m making from today forward.

Effective today, Jan 1, 2019, and moving forward, payment must be received for me to release parts or ship a order. It’s common practice with every other business and it needs to be for us as well. I will still take a check or PayPal friends and family. I do plan to expand my ways of being paid and hope to announce those the next couple of days (Venmo/Apple Pay, etc). I will still keep everything else the same. The same quality parts guarantee, same speedy exchange times, same speedy shipping on new parts, and doing my best to keep platers moving on custom orders sent in.

I had a feeling the day would come that this would need to happen, but I really hoped it wouldn’t, as I’ve enjoyed sharing that kind of trust with all of you. It sets apart what I do and how I do it and I’ve always loved that aspect. It’s also allowed me to explain why I did it to newcomers to the hobby, in telling the story of Mike Chestnut, and I, of course, have loved that as well. Bottom line, this will help me protect my family, and that’s more important than pinball itself. I know most everyone will understand and I sincerely appreciate it. I wish I didn’t have to do it but everyone close to me, especially those in the hobby, have told me I’ve needed to do it. I think I’ve just held on to it as it’s what Mike did and I hated to change that.

Again, thank you to everyone for your support. We helped over 300 people this past year with chrome, brass, nickel, copper, black nickel plating or powder coating for their games and even other things - cars or whatever. We’ve also moved well over 200 arcades and pinballs this year, and I can’t say thank you enough. You are literally helping me take care of my family and it means more than you know.

Feel free to ask questions, give me a call or whatever. I always want you guys and gals to know that I’m here if you ever just need someone to talk with, even if it’s not about pinball. I’m pretty sure God has allowed me to stay in this hobby to care for others as He has cared for me.
Hanging out with my family today but I’ll pop back on later to check things out. Happy New Year, my friends! I hope it is a wonderful year for everyone!

Pinball Plating Logo.pdfPinball Plating Logo.pdfIMG_3085 (resized).jpgIMG_3085 (resized).jpgHot Rod Arcade Logo.pdfHot Rod Arcade Logo.pdf
#914 5 years ago

Happy New Year Chris and Family.
You have always been a class act, Thank you for what you do for our hobby.
Its completely ok to charge up front.
I understand you not wanting to out the bad apple. However, you can and should report it to Robin so that person maybe won't take advantage of others good will.
I have an Indy Gun coming your way soon.
Have a Blessed New year.

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

[quoted image]

Looks great!!

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Happy New Year Chris and Family.
You have always been a class act, Thank you for what you do for our hobby.
Its completely ok to charge up front.
I understand you not wanting to out the bad apple. However, you can and should report it to Robin so that person maybe won't take advantage of others good will.
I have an Indy Gun coming your way soon.
Have a Blessed New year.

I guess I'm not sure who Robin is?

#917 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

I guess I'm not sure who Robin is?

Robin is the Top Dog of Pinside.

#918 5 years ago

That sucks, it's hard to believe people in this tight-knit hobby take advantage of others. We certainly understand the change, although it's too bad there isn't some way to balance it with records of previous good-standing customers. Oh well, there's always someone that ruins it for the rest of us.

BTW, Robin is the owner/admin of Pinside robin

#919 5 years ago

Very disappointing to hear this Chris (you being taken advantage of!) but I’m sure most here are more than happy to move to paying before it ships. It sucks that a few apples ruin it, but I’d think the hobby has grown enough that it would’ve happened to Mike by now too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and your family.

#920 5 years ago

It REALLY pains me Chris to hear what those Aholes did to you, I hope they get theirs BIG TIME. Take the order, make their product then get Payed in Full before you ship their order. I have no problem with the change but I wish you would out them. DIRTBAGS!

#921 5 years ago

Frankly, I was blown away that you WERE NOT taking payment up front. No need to apologize or give a detailed post. Anyone who expects a business not to charge up front for their services is unrealistic. Keep up the great work!

#922 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

[quoted image]

Make sure to post that pic in the Cats and Pinballs thread!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-/page/32#post-4759431

#923 5 years ago

Thank you so much, everyone. I really do appreciate the support, means way more than you all would ever know.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Yell if you need anything!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#924 5 years ago

Deadpool Sword in chrome for exchange...
The first round is already spoken for but figured I would share pictures. We are stocking 4 of these to trade out with everyone. Will be on the site soon.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3248 (resized).jpgIMG_3248 (resized).jpgIMG_3251 (resized).jpgIMG_3251 (resized).jpgIMG_3252 (resized).jpgIMG_3252 (resized).jpgIMG_3253 (resized).jpgIMG_3253 (resized).jpgIMG_3254 (resized).jpgIMG_3254 (resized).jpgIMG_3255 (resized).jpgIMG_3255 (resized).jpgIMG_3256 (resized).jpgIMG_3256 (resized).jpgIMG_3260 (resized).jpgIMG_3260 (resized).jpg
#925 5 years ago

Whitewater Wireform set in Candy Blue for exchange, they've yet to make it to the site, but we are trying to keep a set ready to go. This set shipped to a friend yesterday. Just wanted to share.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected] <--- orders go here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3428 (resized).JPGIMG_3428 (resized).JPGIMG_3429 (resized).JPGIMG_3429 (resized).JPG
#926 5 years ago

Stargate Pyramid -- For exchange in brass
Sometimes I'd like to literally take a gun out and shoot the pyramid after hearing "shoot the pyramid" over and over... But we don't do that to our pins, now do we?
Will be up on the site soon. Officially Added to the exchange library.
We also have the wireforms in Brass for exchange and Candy Purple.

Thanks for looking!
Chris
[email protected] <--- orders go here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3553 (resized).JPGIMG_3553 (resized).JPGIMG_3554 (resized).JPGIMG_3554 (resized).JPGIMG_3556 (resized).jpgIMG_3556 (resized).jpg
#927 5 years ago

Chris also will do non-arcade stuff. He did a hood latch bracket for me that came out really nice.

IMG_3517 (resized).JPGIMG_3517 (resized).JPGIMG_3518 (resized).JPGIMG_3518 (resized).JPGIMG_3520 (resized).JPGIMG_3520 (resized).JPGIMG_3521 (resized).JPGIMG_3521 (resized).JPG

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Chris also will do non-arcade stuff. He did a hood latch bracket for me that came out really nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Carroll Shelby would be proud, I know I am
Also, we should get at least one good shot of the rest of the car....

#929 5 years ago
IMG_3317 (resized).jpgIMG_3317 (resized).jpgIMG_8531 (resized).JPGIMG_8531 (resized).JPG
#931 5 years ago

Star Trek Next Generation STTNG Wireform exchange in Black Nickel
Will have this up on the site. These will be hard to keep in stock as it usually takes quite some time to get Black Nickel back. Not cheap either.

I also carry the STTNG gun handle in Black Nickel and Chrome for exchange. You can see that under our exchange parts here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is having a great holiday!
Chris
[email protected] <--- Orders go here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_3557 (resized).JPGIMG_3557 (resized).JPGIMG_3558 (resized).JPGIMG_3558 (resized).JPGIMG_3560 (resized).JPGIMG_3560 (resized).JPGIMG_3561 2 (resized).JPGIMG_3561 2 (resized).JPGIMG_3564 2 (resized).JPGIMG_3564 2 (resized).JPGIMG_3566 (resized).JPGIMG_3566 (resized).JPGIMG_3570 (resized).JPGIMG_3570 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#932 5 years ago

BSD that's getting murdered out, gloss black powder, we did a trim set too. We are starting to try to carry gloss black powder trim on the shelf too.
Anyway, this should be one fantastic build and I can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks for looking and let me know if I can help!
Chris
[email protected] <--- Orders and Questions go here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4266 (resized).JPGIMG_4266 (resized).JPGIMG_4267 (resized).JPGIMG_4267 (resized).JPGIMG_4268 (resized).JPGIMG_4268 (resized).JPGIMG_4269 (resized).JPGIMG_4269 (resized).JPGIMG_4270 (resized).JPGIMG_4270 (resized).JPGIMG_4271 (resized).JPGIMG_4271 (resized).JPG
#933 5 years ago

Some old stuff, that didn't look anything like this when we started
Hope everyone is doing well, stay warm my friends!
Chris
[email protected] <--- Send orders and questions here
www.pinballplating.com

IMG_4273 (resized).JPGIMG_4273 (resized).JPGIMG_4274 (resized).JPGIMG_4274 (resized).JPGIMG_4278 (resized).jpgIMG_4278 (resized).jpgIMG_4280 (resized).JPGIMG_4280 (resized).JPG
#934 5 years ago

Got this stuff back from Chris last week, quick turn around time and the parts look great...

20190129_173012 (resized).jpg20190129_173012 (resized).jpg
#935 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Got this stuff back from Chris last week, quick turn around time and the parts look great...
[quoted image]

What's that for?

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

[quoted image]

Glad you love your parts! The Exchange library has continued to grow. It's really key in getting things back to people quickly. I really hate for people to have to wait on parts, of course I can't carry everything, but I'm trying to have stuff I know people want.
Thank you for the order, I really appreciate it!

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Star Trek Next Generation STTNG Wireform exchange in Black Nickel
Will have this up on the site. These will be hard to keep in stock as it usually takes quite some time to get Black Nickel back. Not cheap either.
I also carry the STTNG gun handle in Black Nickel and Chrome for exchange. You can see that under our exchange parts here: http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/
Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is having a great holiday!
Chris
[email protected] &lt;--- Orders go here
www.pinballplating.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those STTNG rails are tempting....

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Those STTNG rails are tempting....

I suspect I will only be able to pull those off a couple times a year at the most as black nickel isn’t run much due to the expense. I do have them ready now if you or anyone else is seriously contimplating it. Glad to help!
Chris
[email protected]

#940 5 years ago

Wanted to show off the Before/After of Chris' work. Here is the TAF ramp that was in a fire:

20180922_085846 (resized).jpg20180922_085846 (resized).jpg

20190205_164149 (resized).jpg20190205_164149 (resized).jpg
#941 5 years ago
20190205_164306 (resized).jpg20190205_164306 (resized).jpg
#942 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Wanted to show off the Before/After of Chris' work. Here is the TAF ramp that was in a fire:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Glad we could bring that thing back to life! I thought to myself I wish I had gotten some good before and after pics. It turned out better than I had thought it could. Thanks for letting us do it!

#943 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

pinballplating.com announcement - Hot Rod Arcade - Making some changes
First of all, let me say, I am so very grateful for everyone’s support in what we do for the hobby! Thank you to everyone that has placed an order, sold us a part for the exchange library, or has just called with questions.
It’s still hard to believe some days that we are knee deep into this, but I’m more grateful than ever that we are. I have said this before but I’ll say it again. I value the relationships with you all, even more than the stuff or money. So thank you for trusting me and for at times being patient when we wait longer than usual to get parts back or whatever comes up.
When I took this over, after Mike’s passing, I vowed to do my best to try to keep things the way they were. Mike really wasn’t trying to grow the company, and was able to operate in a way that was very personal (which I never want to change), and in some ways very old school, mainly in the form of payment (this has to change). Now for 1/2 years I’ve keep the same exact things in place and I’ve honestly loved doing so. But I do need to change some things, for the sake of my family and not allowing others to take advantage of my trust. This is a business and I have unfortunately had some take advantage of us. This past year I had a couple of people not pay the balance owed on orders. A couple have just straight up never paid and will not respond. Then another had us plate every single metal part… let me say that again…. Every. Single. Metal. Part. From an early Bally, and then refused to pay their balance. Even after I finally said, “You know what, pay me what I have in it and let’s let this be the last order we’ll do together,” they still won’t pay. They ordered other parts on top of that order as well. They alone still owe over $1800 for the the order. It takes me a lot of orders to make up that kind of loss and in the end my family are the ones that suffer for someone’s childishness. Especially in a year when we had a baby and other things to deal with, just like everyone else. I know some of you will want me to “out them,” but that’s not why I’m here writing this. I believe The Lord himself deals with the things I cannot, and He Himself is the one that provides for my family. They know who they are and if they can live with doing that to us, then it’s on them. So that being said, here are the changes I’m making from today forward.
Effective today, Jan 1, 2019, and moving forward, payment must be received for me to release parts or ship a order. It’s common practice with every other business and it needs to be for us as well. I will still take a check or PayPal friends and family. I do plan to expand my ways of being paid and hope to announce those the next couple of days (Venmo/Apple Pay, etc). I will still keep everything else the same. The same quality parts guarantee, same speedy exchange times, same speedy shipping on new parts, and doing my best to keep platers moving on custom orders sent in.
I had a feeling the day would come that this would need to happen, but I really hoped it wouldn’t, as I’ve enjoyed sharing that kind of trust with all of you. It sets apart what I do and how I do it and I’ve always loved that aspect. It’s also allowed me to explain why I did it to newcomers to the hobby, in telling the story of Mike Chestnut, and I, of course, have loved that as well. Bottom line, this will help me protect my family, and that’s more important than pinball itself. I know most everyone will understand and I sincerely appreciate it. I wish I didn’t have to do it but everyone close to me, especially those in the hobby, have told me I’ve needed to do it. I think I’ve just held on to it as it’s what Mike did and I hated to change that.
Again, thank you to everyone for your support. We helped over 300 people this past year with chrome, brass, nickel, copper, black nickel plating or powder coating for their games and even other things - cars or whatever. We’ve also moved well over 200 arcades and pinballs this year, and I can’t say thank you enough. You are literally helping me take care of my family and it means more than you know.
Feel free to ask questions, give me a call or whatever. I always want you guys and gals to know that I’m here if you ever just need someone to talk with, even if it’s not about pinball. I’m pretty sure God has allowed me to stay in this hobby to care for others as He has cared for me.
Hanging out with my family today but I’ll pop back on later to check things out. Happy New Year, my friends! I hope it is a wonderful year for everyone!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I didn’t want to respond to your post but it’s ridiculously hard not to. I am sure the $1,800 that person owns you would pay for the parts if you could find them all. Wait I think this person has done other games with you and had the same problems in the past with parts lost. I am pretty sure the person who sent in the Bally game and to be more upfront with the readers it would have been 1 and 1/2 of the same game. That you lost parts to. That person had to go out and buy another pin to finish the restores. One thing I am almost 100% sure about the person your referring to found a plater who can do the job and return all parts sent to them in less than two weeks with no parts lost and cheaper. Hard to make money as the middle man. Mike NEVER worked his business that way ever {losing parts and I don’t mean a part}. Let Mike RIP and if you want to run a company then run it and quit using his name to promote your company. Remember fishtails? That should have been a huge red flag. Again parts missing and if photos weren’t taken we might still be looking for parts 3 years later. In all fairness to you Mike did pass away right after getting them. However, he had not touched them. (Didn’t even unbox them) You did and that’s when it started.
Making up prices as you go , mostly not a good business practice. Also, let’s not leave the reader out and let them know you did receive payments during the process was months and months and months old and were not paid the balance when parts were NOT returned. I am sure the person can provide payments sent so you might want to share the whole truth and nothing but the truth as Jesus would say. I think you should just post your business plans and not make excuses of why with 1/2 the story to the pinside reader. Just my two cents.

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Wow, I didn’t want to respond to your post but it’s ridiculously hard not to. I am sure the $1,800 that person owns you would pay for the parts if you could find them all. Wait I think this person has done other games with you and had the same problems in the past with parts lost. I am pretty sure the person who sent in the Bally game and to be more upfront with the readers it would have been 1 and 1/2 of the same game. That you lost parts to. That person had to go out and buy another pin to finish the restores. One thing I am almost 100% sure about the person your referring to found a plater who can do the job and return all parts sent to them in less than two weeks with no parts lost and cheaper. Hard to make money as the middle man. Mike NEVER worked his business that way ever {losing parts and I don’t mean a part}. Let Mike RIP and if you want to run a company then run it and quit using his name to promote your company. Remember fishtails? That should have been a huge red flag. Again parts missing and if photos weren’t taken we might still be looking for parts 3 years later. In all fairness to you Mike did pass away right after getting them. However, he had not touched them. (Didn’t even unbox them) You did and that’s when it started.
Making up prices as you go , mostly not a good business practice. Also, let’s not leave the reader out and let them know you did receive payments during the process was months and months and months old and were not paid the balance when parts were NOT returned. I am sure the person can provide payments sent so you might want to share the whole truth and nothing but the truth as Jesus would say. I think you should just post your business plans and not make excuses of why with 1/2 the story to the pinside reader. Just my two cents.

Marty,
I've had people beg me to tell them who it was that did this to us, and I wouldn't do it. It was enough money taken from us that it cost us the equivalent of two mortgage payments on our house. But you are doing it for us. The truth always comes out, I firmly believe that.
Amazing to me is this, you haven't wanted to talk since Sept 5, 2018. Don't worry, I have every message you have ever sent. Every email too. All the things you said, name calling and the whole bit. I don't delete a thing, ever.

The redflag should have been when you wouldn't pay Mike's dad (anyone that knows Lee Chestnut is welcome to ask him for yourself) for the order that you owed and his death, until he threatened to get lawyers involved. The only customer that gave any grief after Mike's passing. That also is the only order I ever did for you, one that Mike was doing for you and I picked up the pieces, including replacing parts that were missing on my own, from machines I own. Mike did handle taking your parts in, minus those siderails, everything else was already with the plater. He didn't take the rails as he saw they were going to be problematic being as thin as they were. My memory is good, don't worry. Did I mention I'm still the one that sought to find any missing pieces?
By the way, this: "Let Mike RIP and if you want to run a company then run it and quit using his name to promote your company." would infuriate Mike's parents. They asked that I always keep Mike's name tied to the business, as a way of remembering him and his love for the hobby. We even put it in writing. I take it very seriously.

You were not missing one single part on the last order that you have not paid for, and for which I offered to give it to you at our cost to let you move and and us be done here, all because you were mad about the cost. I sent you that order in May 2018. Nine months ago. You never paid another dime after getting the order, not buying you had to buy another pin, ridiculous.

If you are going to play the victim here, good luck. Myself and 2 other people (Michael Rochelle and Vince Johnson) poured over pictures for hours to make sure we had every piece of your order ready before sending it back. So did you throw some of them away in the packing? We'll never know.
If we had made a mistake, the first mention of it was Sept 4, and when you said something was missing, and I asked what. No response. I'll say it again, no response. That was our last interaction till this little tirade here and the nice little text I found on my phone this morning from you. If there had been a issue, guess what, I would have bent over backwards to figure it out. I have parts machines to pull from and try to be as helpful as I can within my control. Me receiving any payments doesn't mean you still don't owe $1800, which you do.
You did't want to pay for the order from the moment I told you how high it was getting, I have all of those emails/texts showing it. I'm not buying a single word you are saying, and to be honest, I hate that as that's not how I do relationships with folks.

You ruined something for a lot of great people when you did this to us, not to mention the extra strain it put us under. I wish it were not so. If you legitimately had a need of something missing (and I don't believe you did) you would have told me what. You never did. You just quit responding.
I won't be bullied with lies made up to mask the fact you didn't want to pay for the job.
Good luck my friend.

As for me:
I've prayed over my bitterness through all of this and that I wouldn't be angry, confiding in those close to me and seeking counsel. Never a easy thing to let go of, as we all know.
One of my good friends, who is a restorer here in the hobby reminded me of something after hearing about some of this and gave me wise counsel about it.
He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Chris, I know it's hard to deal with situations like that. It hurts us personally. But be reminded of something I too had to learn the hard way, guys like that are not who provides for your family, God is."
This was so good for me to hear and I'm so grateful for all the relationships I have with people in the hobby. It's easy in those moments to believe that everyone is like this, and they are not. Thank you to everyone else for your support of what we do. It means more than you know.

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Marty,
I've had people beg me to tell them who it was that did this to us, and I wouldn't do it. It was enough money taken from us that it cost us the equivalent of two mortgage payments on our house. But you are doing it for us. The truth always comes out, I firmly believe that.
Amazing to me is this, you haven't wanted to talk since Sept 5, 2018. Don't worry, I have every message you have ever sent. Every email too. All the things you said, name calling and the whole bit. I don't delete a thing, ever.
The redflag should have been when you wouldn't pay Mike's dad (anyone that knows Lee Chestnut is welcome to ask him for yourself) for the order that you owed and his death, until he threatened to get lawyers involved. The only customer that gave any grief after Mike's passing. That also is the only order I ever did for you, one that Mike was doing for you and I picked up the pieces, including replacing parts that were missing on my own, from machines I own. Mike did handle taking your parts in, minus those siderails, everything else was already with the plater. He didn't take the rails as he saw they were going to be problematic being as thin as they were. My memory is good, don't worry. Did I mention I'm still the one that sought to find any missing pieces?
By the way, this: "Let Mike RIP and if you want to run a company then run it and quit using his name to promote your company." would infuriate Mike's parents. They asked that I always keep Mike's name tied to the business, as a way of remembering him and his love for the hobby. We even put it in writing. I take it very seriously.
You were not missing one single part on the last order that you have not paid for, and for which I offered to give it to you at our cost to let you move and and us be done here, all because you were mad about the cost. I sent you that order in May 2018. Nine months ago. You never paid another dime after getting the order, not buying you had to buy another pin, ridiculous.
If you are going to play the victim here, good luck. Myself and 2 other people (Michael Rochelle and Vince Johnson) poured over pictures for hours to make sure we had every piece of your order ready before sending it back. So did you throw some of them away in the packing? We'll never know.
If we had made a mistake, the first mention of it was Sept 4, and when you said something was missing, and I asked what. No response. I'll say it again, no response. That was our last interaction till this little tirade here and the nice little text I found on my phone this morning from you. If there had been a issue, guess what, I would have bent over backwards to figure it out. I have parts machines to pull from and try to be as helpful as I can within my control. Me receiving any payments doesn't mean you still don't owe $1800, which you do.
You did't want to pay for the order from the moment I told you how high it was getting, I have all of those emails/texts showing it. I'm not buying a single word you are saying, and to be honest, I hate that as that's not how I do relationships with folks.
You ruined something for a lot of great people when you did this to us, not to mention the extra strain it put us under. I wish it were not so. If you legitimately had a need of something missing (and I don't believe you did) you would have told me what. You never did. You just quit responding.
I won't be bullied with lies made up to mask the fact you didn't want to pay for the job.
Good luck my friend.
As for me:
I've prayed over my bitterness through all of this and that I wouldn't be angry, confiding in those close to me and seeking counsel. Never a easy thing to let go of, as we all know.
One of my good friends, who is a restorer here in the hobby reminded me of something after hearing about some of this and gave me wise counsel about it.
He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Chris, I know it's hard to deal with situations like that. It hurts us personally. But be reminded of something I too had to learn the hard way, guys like that are not who provides for your family, God is."
This was so good for me to hear and I'm so grateful for all the relationships I have with people in the hobby. It's easy in those moments to believe that everyone is like this, and they are not. Thank you to everyone else for your support of what we do. It means more than you know.

Did you let Mike's dad know. That you lost all the parts? Hello I'm referring to one part I am referring to many. Did Mike's dad get paid? Oh yes he did. When do you get paid? As soon as we got all the parts back. I keep emails just like you do. No one wants to do work without a cost upfront. But for some reason you never could give that costs could you? I made a couple of payments to you had a good faith hoping that everything would return. For Once again no it didn't. I remember the phone call you said that you never had a problem with any customer other than me. Which is real funny because three days later somebody posted on you right here on pinside. Saying to you, Took his part and sent him a chrome door when he wanted powdered. And he couldn't seem to get his part back. Once I pointed out to you oh I thought I was really problem customer. You were able to get his part to him Glad I could help you out. I told you produce my parts and I'll played eighteen hundred dollars. Matter fact I'll pay you today don't play the victim card. You're not a victim. Even though I've already spent money replacing parts that you've lost not to mention all the time that is past. You seem to want money but you don't want to seem to do your job. Which is keeping up with peoples parts. You say it's out of your hands? So how's it supposed to make me feel? "it's okay lose my parts since you don't know where they're at, and it's not your shop?" Remember the other fishtails? Because, I was doing two and not one? Yeah that's pinsider, also knows what was going on it was his game. You produce my parts and I'll pay you it's a pretty straightforward process. If you're bitter you have nobody to be bitter at yourself. I even reached out an olive branch outside of pinside this morning. But you didn't want that either. I didn't bring the laundry here you did. The pinsider person on the coin door, oh you know the one because no one else has any issues. I reached out to him in private did I go public "NO". What's amazing about your excuses above and the other two people to get drug into this. You're blaming your customer for throwing the parts away? Really, because every game you've touched of mine you've lost parts. At least on the last bunch you found them. So I guess the warning should be to your customers "if I lose your parts" I'll blame you first. But wait Chris this isn't your first time. Seems to be a pattern. Again my money is here once my parts show up. And I don't even need them because I had to go up by another machine to pull parts and get on here and find people that would have spare parts. Because I didn't want to shell out $2,500 for another game. What was I going to do send them to you see get lose them again? You made a very evident in the text you washed your hands me this morning. And I'm okay with that, because I wash my hands of you the minute I had to start finding more parts to finish a restore. By the way does the chrome guy in Tennessee know that you blame him for a lot of things and a lot of your problems? Just wondering I'm sure Mike's dad didn't know.

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Did you let Mike's dad know. That you lost all the parts? Hello I'm referring to one part I am referring to many. Did Mike's dad get paid? Oh yes he did. When do you get paid? As soon as we got all the parts back. I keep emails just like you do. No one wants to do work without a cost upfront. But for some reason you never could give that costs could you? I made a couple of payments to you had a good faith hoping that everything would return. For Once again no it didn't. I remember the phone call you said that you never had a problem with any customer other than me. Which is real funny because three days later somebody posted on you right here on pinside. Saying to you, Took his part and sent him a chrome door when he wanted powdered. And he couldn't seem to get his part back. Once I pointed out to you oh I thought I was really problem customer. You were able to get his part to him Glad I could help you out. I told you produce my parts and I'll played eighteen hundred dollars. Matter fact I'll pay you today don't play the victim card. You're not a victim. Even though I've already spent money replacing parts that you've lost not to mention all the time that is past. You seem to want money but you don't want to seem to do your job. Which is keeping up with peoples parts. You say it's out of your hands? So how's it supposed to make me feel? "it's okay lose my parts since you don't know where they're at, and it's not your shop?" Remember the other fishtails? Because, I was doing two and not one? Yeah that's pinsider, also knows what was going on it was his game. You produce my parts and I'll pay you it's a pretty straightforward process. If you're bitter you have nobody to be bitter at yourself. I even reached out an olive branch outside of pinside this morning. But you didn't want that either. I didn't bring the laundry here you did. The pinsider person on the coin door, oh you know the one because no one else has any issues. I reached out to him in private did I go public "NO". What's amazing about your excuses above and the other two people to get drug into this. You're blaming your customer for throwing the parts away? Really, because every game you've touched of mine you've lost parts. At least on the last bunch you found them. So I guess the warning should be to your customers "if I lose your parts" I'll blame you first. But wait Chris this isn't your first time. Seems to be a pattern. Again my money is here once my parts show up. And I don't even need them because I had to go up by another machine to pull parts and get on here and find people that would have spare parts. Because I didn't want to shell out $2,500 for another game. What was I going to do send them to you see get lose them again? You made a very evident in the text you washed your hands me this morning. And I'm okay with that, because I wash my hands of you the minute I had to start finding more parts to finish a restore. By the way does the chrome guy in Tennessee know that you blame him for a lot of things and a lot of your problems? Just wondering I'm sure Mike's dad didn't know.

You got every part to both orders in the end. Remember I've only done 2 orders with you? I make good on my word and try to treat everyone as I wish to be treated. You got every single part.
That customer you speak of, got his door within the week. It was a mistake, wrong door sent etc, it was resolved before you said a word to me about it and he wasn't upset. He's still a good customer and was kind an gracious about it all.
You NEVER once told me of a single part missing from this last order. Did you read what I wrote above? I don't think you did. I stand on every word of it.
Your "OLIVE BRANCH" this morning outside of Pinsde, that is the biggest joke of the day. Would you like me to post it? It was the same thing you posted here only more personally attacking me and my faith in Jesus. I made Fish Tails right, needed help to do it but I did it, you've yet to tell me what was "lost" on this order -- again, you gave no response when I asked. No response when asked. None.
It's a ploy to have a reason to stiff me for money owed. Go find someone else to bully around with your accusations. I've given you 9 months to let me help you if there was a issue, and you haven't done anything put complain about the price, then all of the sudden it's about parts missing? Convenient. Also convenient that I still have never heard what they were. You can call Mike's dad if you'd like, I'm sure he's got a few things he'd like to tell you too. He knows all about even your latest doings, and he wasn't surprised about anything I've told him.
You are good with the accusations and we can all see some of your true colors. It's almost as good as the emails you've sent me at times and that was all over prices. Good day to you. We are done here.

#947 5 years ago

You post whatever you want victim. You knew you lost parts and you knew you did it when I pointed it out on the Fishtails.
If it was about pricing you would’ve never got paid twice. Yes cost always plays a part in anything. You don’t get to make up your prices as you go along hoping that somebody will pay your mortgage or because you’re broke. I can promise you Mike’s dad does not know all the details. Except the lies that you probably shared with him. Just don’t do it and attach Jesus to it like that makes it alright. You know you’ve lost part so quit acting like you’re the victim. I don’t say you didn’t know anything about the lost parts. Hogwash you knew about it and yes I wasn’t happy with the price because A: You never disclose the pricing upfront B: You were told about lost parts way before payment. If I was that concerned you would’ve never gotten a payment to begin with much less two. You know remember when I was begging you for a bill but you couldn’t produce one. I trusted you and you had nothing to give but excuses. You just got mad because I blocked your phone number because I got tired of you calling me because I got tired of all the excuses. Plus on top of that who chromes side rails then bill the customer after the fact and never ask them if it’s OK? Then bills them or even lets them know there’s a problem? Which is really funny because the chrome guy I use now, didn’t have a problem plating the ones your chrome guy couldn’t plate. I done with you and I was months ago when I blocked your number. The fact is I don’t trust you and you don’t trust me and that’s OK because I’m done with you and have been for a long long time. Boo-hoo over your $1800 that was it nothing compared to what I had to pay out to fix your screw ups.

#948 5 years ago

Chris: Do yourself a favor and don't respond to this gentleman anymore...

These disputes always get ugly and no-one ever wins. You didn't out him, he's picked this online fight out of you changing your policies post, and IDed himself. So he's the one who made this particular dispute public. In you original post, you said there were several customers who've stiffed you, and therefore you had to make the change. I was really surprised you didn't collect monies up front for this service, or at least a down payment, as I'm sure most of your customers are...so you didn't do anything wrong in that simple explanation of your policy change.

On this particular dispute, I'm sure you both believe you're right, and the truth is in the middle, as always - but it sounds like you both moved on(mostly lol) - your ex-customer has found a new plater he's happy with...and you seem to have accepted your losses on this deal.

Not that I think this plea will work...they rarely do, and I'm not even sure why I'm doing it since we've all seen it so many times before...maybe it's my turn to try? Sure...why not...plus, it's bowling night. I'm in a gregarious mood... :0D

#949 5 years ago

I have always had great experiences with Chris. I have probably spent in excess of 3k with him over the last few years, and I have never felt for one second that he was not a customer-focused businessman, and would take care of me in an event.

I actually was surprised when I placed my very first order arrived at my door and I had not even paid for it? I thought there was an error / or something amiss.

Then Chris said that he trusts his buyers, and payment is upon receiving. I thought this was both amazing and risky. I have NO PROBLEM paying up front, that is the standard way of buying almost any product these days (now there are some exceptions). I have also had some issues with some of the parts I got from Chris, and he took care of me and resolved every issue I had. I believe he is a good man, from my perspective.

#950 5 years ago

I have had excellent service from Pinball Plating.

There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating/page/19?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.