IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
imagejpeg_2 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7359 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
#1 7 years ago

Hey everyone!
First of all, I want to say thank you for all of the support and say it's a huge honor to be apart of the business that Mike Chestnut started in the beginning of it all. This business does continue to benefit his family and now mine as well. We have officially gotten all of the stock: plated parts ready for purchase and exchange, his other pinball parts and the equipment related to the business have been moved from his shop to mine.
Feel free to message for a quote, our site will soon have pricing as well and we'd love to help you with your projects.
Below are some frequently asked questions to hopefully help everyone with the process and what we can do to help you.

WHO ARE YOU?/HOW DID YOU END UP IN THE HOBBY?
My name is Chris Royalty. I've been in the hobby since around 2003. I started in classic arcade collecting while I was a youth minister, to have games in our youth area on freeplay. We were a block away from the local high school and kids were wandering around with nothing to do. We created a cool space for them to hang out and play Galaga and Ms Pac. Shortly after my wife and I felt led to start a new church. In 2004 we moved back to the Nashville area, where I grew up, to start the church I pastor to this day (something that would look like the same ministry we did with teenagers), I began selling my games to help us make our bills. I went back to work helping a friend in a local machine shop and somewhere in there decided I needed something I could do on my schedule to help us pay the bills. I kept running into lots of games randomly here or there and started buying them, learning to fix them up and selling them to help us survive. This turned into a side biz that I never knew would be what it is today, Hot Rod Arcade. I got knee deep into pins, how could you not, and the rest is history. I love the hunt, finding games that haven't seen the light of day in many years and getting them back into the hobby. During all this I became friends with Mike and his dad, thanks to another good friend in the hobby. I am very humbled to be taking on something that Mike started and did. He was such a larger than life type of individual. There are no replacements for a guy like that, so the best I can do is hope to uphold the things that I know were important to him, with quality, relationships and satisfied customers.
These days my life is pretty full with my family, my wife, who is an amazing woman, and I have 5 little girls and a little boy on the way, which we are very excited about. Ministry is good and my calling is to minister to people and show them Jesus, plain and simple. I love to do that even through this hobby. Relationships, in my opinion, are better than machines and we should be able to enjoy both through the our hobby. HRA and www.pinballplating.com are both ways I get to continue to enjoy the hobby and help provide for our family. We greatly appreciate your support and hope to do the best we can to serve you. Please feel free to reach out if I can do anything for you, hobby related or not.

HOW DO I PAY? - (Mike usually went by check only)
This has just changed, as of Jan 1, 2019. When the order is ready, I will email a invoice to you. Then you can pay PayPal Friends and Family, Venmo, or send a check. Simple as that. The sooner I'm paid, the sooner we ship it out.

WHAT IF THERE IS A QUALITY ISSUE WITH MY PART OR PARTS?
Send it back, we will redo it no charge. I'm pretty good at spotting the little things but I may miss something. I'm sorry if I do and if so, get it back to me and we'll get it redone. We want you to be 100% satisfied with the work you get back. Please do keep in mind there is no perfect plating. Glad to help with reasonable issues.

WHAT KIND OF TURN AROUND IS IT TO HAVE WORK DONE? -- COVID has changed everything.
If it's an exchange part I have on the shelf ready to go, I try to get it back out the same day your arrives. If it's parts that have to be plated it can usually be anywhere from 8-12 weeks. Many of the older workers are not working currently at their doctors requests. This is making for longer wait times, along with we have more work than ever, as more and more plating shops are shutting down everywhere, so more and more stuff is being sent to our guys.

WHAT DO YOU STOCK FOR EXCHANGE? (BUYING ITEMS NOW TO ADD)
We are stocking all the gun and caster shooters we can get our hands on and have most all of them in stock in multiple plated options. We also have the largest collection of wireform sets available (over 90 different titles now), already plated in the usual choices. We also carry things like the TOM spirit ring, TOTAN sword, skill shot for TOTAN, skill shot for WCS AND I am looking to expand our inventory on things we have available. Hit me up with what you have - I WILL BUY YOUR STUFF if it's something we don't have and need to stock!

HOW DOES THE EXCHANGE THING WORK? https://pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
Parts I have for exchange are already plated or powder coated and ready for immediate turn around after I receive your part. I try to stock as many already plated or powder coated parts as I can, mainly ones I see getting sent in on a regular basis. Such as a gun shooter or set of wireforms. Since I generally do not take payment up front, this is a first come first serve thing. I never know what's coming in. For example: If you call me and ask if I have a IJ Gun in brass and I say yes, then I did that day we talked. But, if someone else sends theirs in before you, then they will get it first. This means you may have to wait for one to go through the process of being plated - see turn around time. I would love to stock many more of these and already have multiple or more of each one, but inevitably someone will end up having to wait from time to time. Just be patient and I'll do my best to get you one back like you want as quickly as possible. It pays to get your stuff sent it sooner if you want it back more quickly, with any parts, exchange or not.

HOW DO I CARE FOR MY PARTS?
CHROME - Chrome is easy, wipe it with chrome polish from time to time, otherwise any general glass cleaner works well. Damp soft clothes are your friend. Never polish dry.
BRASS and BLACK NICKEL - These should be waxed from time to time where your hands touch the parts. I use a reputable automotive spray wax like Meguiars or Mothers and a very soft rag. The reason for this is these types of platings are cleared with a automotive lacquer clear coat to help protect them and keep them from turning or rubbing off - brass turns green etc - so waxing them periodically is good to help keep the acid from sweat of your hands from breaking down the clear lacquer on your plated part.
Powder coating can just be wiped with any general non abrasive cleaner, (even waxed if you have small scratches), it's tough and meant to withstand the elements and is the same powder coating you get in automotive contexts.

WHAT COLORS ARE AVAILABLE IN POWDER COATING? https://pinballplating.com/powder-coating
Pretty much any color, the sky is the limit. And yes we can do the translucent style that give that candy look. It is a little more expensive, as to get it takes being coated over CHROME. Just help us figure out the exact color you want as I want you to be happy with your parts in the end.

CAN I SEND YOU THINGS OTHER THAN GAME PARTS? https://pinballplating.com/jukebox-and-slot-machines
Yes. We'll plate or power coat whatever you want as long as it's something that can be done.

WHAT PARTS DO YOU KEEP IN STOCK I CAN BUY RIGHT NOW? See the new parts section on the page: https://pinballplating.com/new-parts
Chrome - All trim, lock down bars, rails, legs, hinges, glass channels, lift channels, speaker channels, H channels, bolts, and others
Brass - Same as Chrome
Black Nickel - Not much of this. Mostly gun exchanges and certain titles I have wireform exchanges. Trying to keep some trim but it's hard to get nice pieces.
Powder coating - We are doing our best to stock GLOSS BLACK Bally/Williams trim.

It's been awesome to hear so many of you share stories of Mike and getting to know so many more folks that I've not gotten to meet before now. Thank you for trusting us with your parts. I will strive to offer the same service in the same way Mike did for many years. Please feel free to reach out anytime and leave a message if I don't answer. I want to help, thank you for your support!
God bless!

Chris Royalty
http://www.pinballplating.com
[email protected] --- Please SEND ORDERS AND QUESTIONS HERE so I can keep up with your information.

For Shipping info - where and what needs to be come with my order:
https://pinballplating.com/order-off-the-shelf

Paperboy Complete (resized).jpgPaperboy Complete (resized).jpg
IMG_7397 (resized).JPGIMG_7397 (resized).JPG
IMG_7478 (resized).JPGIMG_7478 (resized).JPG
IMG_7486 (resized).JPGIMG_7486 (resized).JPG
IMG_7496 (resized).jpgIMG_7496 (resized).jpg
IMG_7402 (resized).JPGIMG_7402 (resized).JPG
IMG_7291 (resized).jpgIMG_7291 (resized).jpg
IMG_7401 (resized).JPGIMG_7401 (resized).JPG
IMG_6788 (resized).JPGIMG_6788 (resized).JPG
IMG_6714 (resized).JPGIMG_6714 (resized).JPG
IMG_6711 (resized).JPGIMG_6711 (resized).JPG
IMG_6715 (resized).JPGIMG_6715 (resized).JPG
IMG_6710 (resized).JPGIMG_6710 (resized).JPG
IMG_7309 (resized).JPGIMG_7309 (resized).JPG
IMG_6720 (resized).JPGIMG_6720 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPGIMG_6758 (resized).JPG
IMG_6728 (resized).JPGIMG_6728 (resized).JPG
IMG_6738 (resized).JPGIMG_6738 (resized).JPG
IMG_6760 (resized).jpgIMG_6760 (resized).jpg
IMG_6755 (resized).JPGIMG_6755 (resized).JPG
IMG_6763 (resized).JPGIMG_6763 (resized).JPG
IMG_6728 (resized).JPGIMG_6728 (resized).JPG
IMG_6691 (resized).JPGIMG_6691 (resized).JPG
IMG_6690 (resized).JPGIMG_6690 (resized).JPG
IMG_6768 (resized).JPGIMG_6768 (resized).JPG
IMG_6704 (resized).JPGIMG_6704 (resized).JPG
IMG_6635 (resized).JPGIMG_6635 (resized).JPG
IMG_6363 (resized).JPGIMG_6363 (resized).JPG
IMG_6314 (resized).JPGIMG_6314 (resized).JPG
IMG_6478 (resized).jpgIMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6310 (resized).JPGIMG_6310 (resized).JPG
IMG_6311 (resized).jpgIMG_6311 (resized).jpg
IMG_6288 (resized).jpgIMG_6288 (resized).jpg
IMG_6080 (resized).jpgIMG_6080 (resized).jpg
IMG_6519 (resized).JPGIMG_6519 (resized).JPG
IMG_6303 (resized).JPGIMG_6303 (resized).JPG
IMG_6217 (resized).JPGIMG_6217 (resized).JPG
IMG_6216 (resized).JPGIMG_6216 (resized).JPG
IMG_6251 (resized).JPGIMG_6251 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Congratulations! I'm all in on that black nickel for my Shadow. It's nice to know that it's stocked and ready to go. I'd recommend Black and Red powder coated armor stocked for sale. They seem to be two of the more common colors that I've seen done.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

WHAT PARTS DO YOU KEEP IN STOCK I CAN BUY RIGHT NOW?
Chrome - All trim, lock down bars, rails, legs, hinges, glass channels, lift channels, speaker channels, H channels, bolts, and others
Brass - Same as Chrome
Black Nickel - Lock down bars, rails, legs, bolts and others
Powder coating - not anything yet, I want to hear what people want. I'm glad to stock it but truth is the turn around time is fast enough you don't have to wait long either.

What machines are these stocked for? Stern/Williams? Lollipop rails? Stern lockdowns with holes? New style/old style stern latch?

#4 7 years ago

Man that is awesome! Congrats I used Mike on several machines I did for my customers and it always came out awesome and really made the games look amazing . That inventory looked to be like a lot of work but I'm glad you got it done . It is so great that you are taking over and continuing doing this for the community and Mikes family .

#5 7 years ago

Thanks guys! Great questions and I'll answer them in just a bit when I'm not on my phone. Had to run out to deliver a machine.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Congratulations! I'm all in on that black nickel for my Shadow. It's nice to know that it's stocked and ready to go. I'd recommend Black and Red powder coated armor stocked for sale. They seem to be two of the more common colors that I've seen done.

I've had several glad to hear we are going to be stocking the black nickel stuff. I love it and I know a bunch of others do too. It's more expensive but it just looks awesome. I may have a set of stuff done like that in powder coating. Just hard to know if folks are going to want gloss, satin, translucent, etc. We'll see. They do it much more quickly than plating so it can be done pretty quickly. Thanks for the recommendations!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

What machines are these stocked for? Stern/Williams? Lollipop rails? Stern lockdowns with holes? New style/old style stern latch?

Well, I need to go edit that, lol. So, all of that listed is for late model Bally/Williams stuff. BUT... I am currently stocking all the basic trim stuff for Stern as well, lock bars, rails (lollipop), hinges, legs. The Stern lock bars I have are no holes and old style latch - like what's on my Dark Knight (if that helps). I of course can do anything you send in. I do have lollipop rails ready to go in chrome and brass, I believe one set in black nickel too. Hope that helps. I'm honestly playing catchup a little bit now that the dust has settled to see what is here, what needs to get done/ordered, etc. The organization is getting better every day. It's been more stuff than one would think to sort out, not just plated parts or parts for plating but a bunch of other pin parts as well.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Man that is awesome! Congrats I used Mike on several machines I did for my customers and it always came out awesome and really made the games look amazing . That inventory looked to be like a lot of work but I'm glad you got it done . It is so great that you are taking over and continuing doing this for the community and Mikes family .

I don't know that thank you says it, but thank you. It's been one huge emotional roller coaster at times.
For anyone reading this, if you are the praying type, pray for his mom and dad. It's very hard. Still lots for them to deal with. This was a huge piece of the puzzle but there's still more for them to figure out. They are such awesome people and are like family to me.

#9 7 years ago

Looks great! Do you stock early Bally solid state side rails, etc.. (for example, Evel Knievel)?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Looks great! Do you stock early Bally solid state side rails, etc.. (for example, Evel Knievel)?

I don't have them ready on hand, but we can usually get them, unless they are sold out. We are doing a set right now. There's several variations of those rails so thus far, I've been waiting to get them as needed. Would be glad to help in getting a set done for you. They do take a little more time than our late model rails, just FYI, the stainless stuff can be a booger.

#11 7 years ago

Bally and Classic Stern parts, rails, coin doors and trim, lockdown bars of course, shooter housings.

#12 7 years ago

Do you have a full set of brass plated trim for a MMr in stock. If so can you quote some prices on what a standard set of trim would cost in chrome or brass. Legs , siderails , hinges.

#13 7 years ago

Prices? website coming?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Bally and Classic Stern parts, rails, coin doors and trim, lockdown bars of course, shooter housings.

Yes, all that
Thanks!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Do you have a full set of brass plated trim for a MMr in stock. If so can you quote some prices on what a standard set of trim would cost in chrome or brass. Legs , siderails , hinges.

I can do that. Let me get the family past dinner and I'll message you a quote. Glad to talk on the phone this evening too if anyone has questions.
615-598-0024

Thanks!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Prices? website coming?

We have a basic website up now, pricing will be on it soon. http://www.pinballplating.com
As most that ordered with Mike know, he hardly ever even gave quotes. You just sent him your stuff and prayed you could afford the bill
And sometimes, when you are talking bout a mound of parts, such as every metal part in a machine, which more people than you'd think do, it's hard to quote it without it being right here where we can see everything together.
I do want folks to know what they are getting into, and see their options. The powder stuff is still new so we are working out prices on things as we go with that stuff, but should eventually have set prices even on those pieces. I don't want to overcharge anyone by accident or shoot myself in the foot either . It should be comparable to plating in most situations.

#17 7 years ago

A little before and after on some Mills Slot Machine parts. Turnaround on custom chrome like this is currently 2-3 weeks. This was 2 weeks.
Pics don't do it justice.

IMG_7175 (resized).JPGIMG_7175 (resized).JPG

IMG_7734 (resized).jpgIMG_7734 (resized).jpg

IMG_7738 (resized).JPGIMG_7738 (resized).JPG

IMG_7736 (resized).JPGIMG_7736 (resized).JPG

IMG_7735 (resized).JPGIMG_7735 (resized).JPG

#18 7 years ago

I will be in Indianapolis over the next several days playing with bigger toys, if anyone in the area needs anything hit me up, I don't mind trying to meet up. We'll be at the raceway. Thanks!
Chris

#19 7 years ago

I know it's not really pin related but it was fun and figured I'd share it. Went to the 40th anniversary for the Mustang Club of America up in Indy this weekend and we took a friend's Shelby 66 GT350. I got to go for a ride with him on the track at the speedway and then we did several runs on a autocross course set up in one of the parking lots, which he let me wheel it a couple of times for... pretty fun stuff!

IMG_7807 (resized).JPGIMG_7807 (resized).JPG

IMG_7808 (resized).JPGIMG_7808 (resized).JPG

IMG_7907 (resized).JPGIMG_7907 (resized).JPG

#20 7 years ago

Demo Man Handles coming in and going out for chrome plating - $140 plus ship for an exchange on the set of these.
Give me a call if I can help you with something!
615-598-0024 or [email protected]
Chris

IMG_7954 (resized).JPGIMG_7954 (resized).JPG
IMG_7951 (resized).JPGIMG_7951 (resized).JPG
IMG_7953 (resized).JPGIMG_7953 (resized).JPG
IMG_7950 (resized).JPGIMG_7950 (resized).JPG

#21 7 years ago

A little before and after. A rare Sega cocktail arcade game needed a new lease on life, nothing a little chrome plating can't fix . The owner wanted to have the legs, hinges, coin slot, other misc all done. Not pictured is the hardware (nuts/bolts) we did as well. This thing should look amazing when it's all back together.
Hit me up if I can help. Chrome - brass - black nickel - powder coating - would love to help you out!
Chris
Call, text or email... 615-598-0024 or [email protected]

IMG_1423 (resized).JPGIMG_1423 (resized).JPG
IMG_1425 (resized).JPGIMG_1425 (resized).JPG
IMG_7976 (resized).JPGIMG_7976 (resized).JPG
IMG_7986 (resized).jpgIMG_7986 (resized).jpg
IMG_7982 (resized).JPGIMG_7982 (resized).JPG
IMG_7979 (resized).JPGIMG_7979 (resized).JPG

#22 7 years ago

Stern apron for a loyal customer plated in brass.
Hit me up if I can help. Chrome - brass - black nickel - powder coating - would love to help you out!
Chris

IMG_7969 (resized).jpgIMG_7969 (resized).jpg

IMG_7973 (resized).JPGIMG_7973 (resized).JPG

#23 7 years ago

I've read it's possible to plate plastics. Is this something you can do? I'm thinking about a last action hero plastic gun shooter.

#24 7 years ago

I wish there were metal gun grips for T3, I'd LOVE to have them chromed.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I've read it's possible to plate plastics. Is this something you can do? I'm thinking about a last action hero plastic gun shooter.

The type of plating we do you can't do it, BUT... I met a guy in the car world this weekend that I believe can. Let me reach out to him and see what it would take to do it. I'll get back to this... Thanks!
Chris

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wish there were metal gun grips for T3, I'd LOVE to have them chromed.

There are so many pieces like that that I wish I had the time to figure out getting manufactured. I think many others feel the same way. I mean, it's Terminator - it need some chrome right?
Chris

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

There are so many pieces like that that I wish I had the time to figure out getting manufactured. I think many others feel the same way. I mean, it's Terminator - it need some chrome right?
Chris

I have a friend who could do the computer machining but he says that the 3d scanning of both pieces would cost a bundle. He's looking so I hope he comes through for me. If my buddy can pull this off I wonder how many people would want it.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a friend who could do the computer machining but he says that the 3d scanning of both pieces would cost a bundle. He's looking so I hope he comes through for me. If my buddy can pull this off I wonder how many people would want it.

I would gladly stock them in chrome for people to buy ready to go if he gets far enough along - and if they are in steel, etc. It would be good I think!

#29 7 years ago

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. There aren't many Pinsiders that own T3 and I don't know how many of those would be in for the mod. Can you chrome aluminum? That's way easier to machine.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. There aren't many Pinsiders that own T3 and I don't know how many of those would be in for the mod. Can you chrome aluminum? That's way easier to machine.

If it's metal we can chrome it. Stainless is a pain and takes many tries sometimes, but if it's metal it can be done.

#31 7 years ago

If it's done I'm in for one,

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

If it's done I'm in for one,

Well I heard from a Pinsider who has a machine shop and he said it would cost to much so I'm hoping my buddy can take it on. If he can't do it I'll look into casting....that's the way all the other game gun handles were done I believe. There's still hope.

Quoted from sc93cobra:

If it's metal we can chrome it. Stainless is a pain and takes many tries sometimes, but if it's metal it can be done.

That's what I thought. Thanks

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I heard from a Pinsider who has a machine shop and he said it would cost to much so I'm hoping my buddy can take it on. If he can't do it I'll look into casting....that's the way all the other game gun handles were done I believe. There's still hope.

Anyone looking to produce new parts like this that will be raw metal, on most projects, I will be willing to do all the plating in bulk for the ones wanting to make them or just be the storefront where they can purchase the part from. I love seeing these new parts become available. I currently have 4 wiring harnesses out to a guy in Canada who is reproducing rare arcade harnesses. I may get a free harness for each one I loan him, but more importantly it's good for the hobby and the guy has proven to do good work. This is the kind of stuff we need to be willing to help each other with and I want to be one of those guys seeing these things forward.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Anyone looking to produce new parts like this that will be raw metal, on most projects, I will be willing to do all the plating in bulk for the ones wanting to make them or just be the storefront where they can purchase the part from. I love seeing these new parts become available. I currently have 4 wiring harnesses out to a guy in Canada who is reproducing rare arcade harnesses. I may get a free harness for each one I loan him, but more importantly it's good for the hobby and the guy has proven to do good work. This is the kind of stuff we need to be willing to help each other with and I want to be one of those guys seeing these things forward.

Wow that's great, I just hope I can get this past the talk stage. If I can get this done the "bulk" may only be one or two. This is just a bling item so most likely not a mass appeal.

Anyone out there do metal sand casting.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow that's great, I just hope I can get this past the talk stage. If I can get this done the "bulk" may only be one or two. This is just a bling item so most likely not a mass appeal.
Anyone out there do metal sand casting.

I always say, if you are going to do one, do 10 or more. Mike and I used to talk about this all the time. You see so many people in the hobby make a "few" of something that so many folks do want. Pinheads love to mod or make their game better. You do one, I'll be in for more while it's all set up, how about that?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

I always say, if you are going to do one, do 10 or more. Mike and I used to talk about this all the time. You see so many people in the hobby make a "few" of something that so many folks do want. Pinheads love to mod or make their game better. You do one, I'll be in for more while it's all set up, how about that?

Oh I know that, do one but 10 are cheaper. The grips have a fine cross hatch pattern that will probably be impossible to do with sand casting and they may need extensive cleaning up too and I think the internal support structure for the trigger is going to be a problem.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Pretty sure I know who that pinsider is and agree it is cost prohibitive.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Pretty sure I know who that pinsider is and agree it is cost prohibitive.

So much of this stuff is, which is so unfortunate. I'd love to have Tapper cupholders remade, especially in something other than pot metal but I think it's the same scenario.

#39 7 years ago

A little arcade chrome. Space Wars came out in the midst of the other space themed video games in the early eighties. Not seen much these days they are sought after by collectors. The original speaker grilles were plated in a zinc finish. A customer of ours is restoring a couple of these currently and decided to go all out with chrome plating on these too. The inserts will be painted black. They look great and should really be a nice touch on the games they are going on!
Hit me up if I can help you with a project. Chrome - brass - black nickel - powder coating - would love to help you out!
Chris

IMG_7963 (resized).JPGIMG_7963 (resized).JPG

IMG_7967 (resized).JPGIMG_7967 (resized).JPG

IMG_7965 (resized).JPGIMG_7965 (resized).JPG

#40 7 years ago

When I redo my BOP I'm gonna chrome it out and put on the skinny side rails and throw away the wide stainless ones. I'll look you up then.

#41 7 years ago

Exceptionally Nice Work!

I can appreciate how hard it is to get such a fine result!

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I redo my BOP I'm gonna chrome it out and put on the skinny side rails and throw away the wide stainless ones. I'll look you up then.

I did the same thing on a BK2000 we redid. At first I wasn't sure about it but in the end I'm glad we did it. It could always be changed by someone that might not like it later, but to be honest, the wide stainless rails are a big pain to get plated.
Would love to help you with it!!

Bk2000 rails (resized).jpgBk2000 rails (resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Exceptionally Nice Work!
I can appreciate how hard it is to get such a fine result!

Thank you, we have some talented people helping us make this whole thing go.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

I did the same thing on a BK2000 we redid. At first I wasn't sure about it but in the end I'm glad we did it. It could always be changed by someone that might not like it later, but to be honest, the wide stainless rails are a big pain to get plated.
Would love to help you with it!!

That looks great, another Pinsider put the slim side rails on his so I'll have to look at his again and see how they look. I like how the stock wide ones act as a flipper button area protector for the decal thou. I wonder if I could keep them wide there then have them cut to go narrower for the rest of the length, kind of like a mini lolly pop rail. Do you know anyone that could cut them? But then chroming would be a problem then cuz they are stainless right.

#45 7 years ago

Some of the reproduction side rails, like for classic Bally pins, are stainless but a magnet won't stick to them. Are these something that can be chromed ?

#46 7 years ago

Man, I really should get my Shadow rails brassed, they look so good when done up nice. Already had my gun chromed by Mike before he passed (RIP).

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks great, another Pinsider put the slim side rails on his so I'll have to look at his again and see how they look. I like how the stock wide ones act as a flipper button area protector for the decal thou. I wonder if I could keep them wide there then have them cut to go narrower for the rest of the length, kind of like a mini lolly pop rail. Do you know anyone that could cut them? But then chroming would be a problem then cuz they are stainless right.

They could be done, but yes, they are tougher to do. After only a few months of doing this I see now why Mike encouraged me to leave stainless stuff alone. Tales many tries sometimes to get it and even then causes issues. Just means you have to wait a while to get those pieces back, which I hate for my customers.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Some of the reproduction side rails, like for classic Bally pins, are stainless but a magnet won't stick to them. Are these something that can be chromed ?

If it's metal, it technically should be able to be plated.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, I really should get my Shadow rails brassed, they look so good when done up nice. Already had my gun chromed by Mike before he passed (RIP).

I can hook you up and have them in stock ready to go

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

They could be done, but yes, they are tougher to do. After only a few months of doing this I see now why Mike encouraged me to leave stainless stuff alone. Tales many tries sometimes to get it and even then causes issues. Just means you have to wait a while to get those pieces back, which I hate for my customers.

Thanks. What rails did you use on your BK2000? Would they work on my BOP?

There are 1,394 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.