Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sirrob
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Anyone on the fence, I'm telling you to just go ahead and do it because it's totally worth it.

Of course you will see games you own being repaired, but the value is in seeing other games that use the same platform - you start to notice trends. Reflowing, brands of bad sockets, chain reactions, reliability mods...

Clay takes you on a Sherlock Holmes adventure with each game. He shows you the steps he takes to diagnose the problems. Some steps give an instant fix, others are not the obvious choice and require deeper probing.

Sprinkled in also are some video game, slot machine, popcorn vending machine, and bowling game repairs.

And of course you get lots of Clay's brand of humor and observation.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Anyone on the fence, I'm telling you to just go ahead and do it because it's totally worth it.
    Of course you will see games you own being repaired, but the value is in seeing other games that use the same platform - you start to notice trends. Reflowing, brands of bad sockets, chain reactions, reliability mods...
    Clay takes you on a Sherlock Holmes adventure with each game. He shows you the steps he takes to diagnose the problems. Some steps give an instant fix, others are not the obvious choice and require deeper probing.
    Sprinkled in also are some video game, slot machine, popcorn vending machine, and bowling game repairs.
    And of course you get lots of Clay's brand of humor and observation.

Agreed just do it, $15 is chump change, the cost of a few led flashers.

#53 11 years ago

Really 15 OR 20, if it helps me fix one of my machines it pays for itself instantly. If you have anyone fixing your machines, even for beer or some random 'friend charge', chances are that you'll be paying more for that repair. Better to learn it yourself for a price that is more than fair.

#54 11 years ago

Not to spoil anything, but clay also goes to a lot of pinball shows, auctions, collectible shows, and a lot of amazing private collections you'll probably never get to see anywhere else.

#55 11 years ago

Best $20+ that I ever spent.

#56 11 years ago

money sent, can't wait to check this out.

#57 11 years ago

money sent yesterday waiting to be granted access.

#58 11 years ago

Well worth the price, the info on the website it priceless.

#59 11 years ago

Sent money yesterday... how soon before I should see a reply with log-in info?
    Anyone else get theirs?

#60 11 years ago

Clay can respond in minutes or days.. busy guy.

#61 11 years ago

Sent, sorry about calling you by the wrong name. I was tired when I wrote the note.

#62 11 years ago

Some loot your way and thanks Clay!

~Jeff in Ohio

#63 11 years ago

Pinball Ninja is the man! his fix it guide saved my @ss more than once on my old TZ pin
    The guy is a ninth degree blackbelt in pinball repair

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

The guy is a ninth degree Blackbelt in pinball repair

Clay is the Bruce Lee of pinball repair.

#65 11 years ago

So, whatever happened to those great brand specific repair guides? I thought those went into the pinball ninja pay site too.

#66 11 years ago

Donation sent. Clay's site was an invaluable site when I was learning this hobby. I'm sure I will get loads of use from the Ninja site. Besides 150 videos, as if i was not distracted enough already.

#67 11 years ago

Thanks guys for all the kind words.
    The sale is now over. Thank you again for your support.

#68 11 years ago

Got there just in the nick of time! Already have my login information and I'm surfing.

Thanks Clay!!

#69 11 years ago

Damn, I missed the sale. I just saw this post, and was going to join tomorrow.

#70 11 years ago

oops. I was fiddling with the paypal site. Hopefully I got it in on time.

#71 11 years ago

Missed it by 18 minutes!

#72 11 years ago

For anyone who missed the sale....it is just $5 more to join now......Do it, an absolute no-risk subscription.

#73 11 years ago

I'm still waiting for login info.....

#74 11 years ago

Holy bandwagon. Well glad you're all on board now. Maybe commentary on the articles will pick up. Always a good time there. So much to learn.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Damn, I missed the sale. I just saw this post, and was going to join tomorrow.

Its worth the $5 more to go ahead and join. I joined yesterday and was blowed away with all the info thats available.

#76 11 years ago

Finally plugged in. Started to review yesterday.

Man - lot of battery acid damage on his calls.

#77 11 years ago

Upon seeing all the positive review, I couldn't resist. Thanks for providing such a valuable resource.

#78 11 years ago

Until i retire i would never be able to watch/read all these repairs. What is great though is there is a search feature and if you have a specific game/system you are looking to get knowledge on you can go to those specific repairs.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

So, whatever happened to those great brand specific repair guides? I thought those went into the pinball ninja pay site too.

They are out there in the ether. Google is your friend. Meanwhile, most of the knowledge that is in those guides comes through on his blog. Essential pinball reading!

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

What is great though is there is a search feature and if you have a specific game/system you are looking to get knowledge on you can go to those specific repairs.

Well there is a search...it isn't perfect but it helps you narrow down things.
    And all the posts are labeled with what game and system it is.

#82 11 years ago

I'm in, thanks for the post.

#83 11 years ago

Missed the sale, but sent the $. His vids are great. I wish I hadn't missed his talk at the NW Pinball & Arcade show a couple years back.

#84 11 years ago

Donation sent await login as you can.

Also Clay doesn't fix broken pinball machines- Pinball machines break themselves to have Clay fix them.

#85 11 years ago

$20 sent!
    THanks Clay!

#86 11 years ago

This deserves a bump. Just sent my donation in. Thanks again, Clay.

#87 11 years ago

Just donated! Can't wait to dig in!

#88 11 years ago

Well darn i was planning on joining but figured this lasted until christmas, since it is labeled as a christmas sale! If i knew this was only going to last a day or two i would have jumped in. was waiting for my paypal funds to show up in my account. Ohh well i guess. misleading title for sure.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Well darn i was planning on joining but figured this lasted until christmas, since it is labeled as a christmas sale! If i knew this was only going to last a day or two i would have jumped in. was waiting for my paypal funds to show up in my account. Ohh well i guess. misleading title for sure.

It's $5. So much good stuff on the other side of that $20.

#90 11 years ago

I sent over my $20 and got access to the site within a few minutes.

Spent a lot of time just watching videos already. Great site!

#91 11 years ago

Still awaiting my login details one week later...

anyone else?

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

anyone else?

You should have got them within a day.

They come to your PRIMARY paypal account email, so if you have several emails attached to your PP, better check your spam folders.....

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

anyone else?

Haven't gotten mine, either!

#94 11 years ago

Shoot him an email.

I got mine within hours.

#95 11 years ago

20$ sent.

Figure how much i used pinrepair when i was getting going makes it well worth it! I am a repair nerd too so it will be fun to see the log.

#96 11 years ago

Not sure how I missed this thread but I did.
    Guess ill just wait till I need a specific repair and join later.

#97 11 years ago

money well spent !

#98 11 years ago

I'm in! Information overload!!!

#99 11 years ago

Got my access the next day and I'm glad I did. The videos are great and it's nice to see real world problems with repairs. May be the best $20 spent. Thanks Clay! - Barry

#100 11 years ago

I'm blown away by this site! This is an Ivy league education on pinball repair! After reading through only about 10 repairs, I "almost" feel like a pro! The info is laid out so simple and repetitive, you can't help but to learn quickly. Best 20 bucks I've spent in quite awhile! Thank you!

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballninja-xmas-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.