Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pezpunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpeg
    image.gif
    download.jpg
    pinballguy.JPG
    heebe-jeebe-petaluma_giants_dia-de-los.jpg
    Haters.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

What happened?

#2 10 years ago

She got banned and exiled based on her lack of medieval madness's, attack from mars's, and cactus canyonzes in her collection. Way too B title based, and prob some OLD games in her collection. She's a liability.

#3 10 years ago

Oh crap! I better dump Future Spa ASAP!

#4 10 years ago

When does the party begin ?

#5 10 years ago

Shit! And I just bought an Embryon. What a piece of crap it must be.

#6 10 years ago

She decided to take her work back underground, to stop it from falling into the wrong hands.

#7 10 years ago

I think it had something to do with a pinball video and people making fun of some of the people in them?

#8 10 years ago

I have a feeling she requested her account be retired, I could tell she was not happy with a lot of new members on here posting garbage on old school pinball people ( Special when Lit). Some people on here need to respect the pinball elders.

I hope to meet PinballMolly some day, I bet she is a blast to hang with.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I kind of retired too. You can always hang out with me.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I have a feeling she requested her account be retired, I could tell she was not happy with a lot of new members on here posting garbage on old school pinball people ( Special when Lit). Some people on here need to respect the pinball elders.

+1

Pinball Molly does a great job. Doesn't seem to be many other pins in Los Angeles city.

I admire her enthusiasm for the hobby.

Anyone who criticizes her would be wise to learn from her passion and do it yourself abilities.

She appears to have built a cool collection on a shoestring budget ...

I look forward to going there next year when I'm in LA next.

rd.

#11 10 years ago

Unfortunately, it looks like she left because of the following thread:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-when-lit-watched-last-night

#12 10 years ago

Cool gal,,, I heard she got into the motorcycle hobby and sold her pins ???

#13 10 years ago

Sorry to read this, I liked her enthusiasm for pinball.

Steve

Quoted from centerflank:

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

+1

I look forward to going there next year when I'm in LA next.
    rd.

Hopefully the new place will be open!

#15 10 years ago

That's unfortunate. This hobby needs more females.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

I kind of retired too. You can always hang out with me.

That would be awesome because I have never, EVER seen a BBH!

Ill bring a 12'er of bourbon bock the day I make it to the upper left coast! Will be a grand day!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Unfortunately, it looks like she left because of the following thread:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-when-lit-watched-last-night

Really? Nothing too crazy was going on in that thread...it was a pretty civil discussion about the movie....some people thought it poked fun at Sam...some didn't. Was that worth quitting over? *shrug*

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Really? Nothing too crazy was going on in that thread...it was a pretty civil discussion about the movie....some people thought it poked fun at Sam...some didn't. Was that worth quitting over? *shrug*

Sure, but a specific person blasting the old schoolers and saying they dont give a shit what we all think would be a solid reason to abandon.

And that specific is a flipper....

#19 10 years ago

Molly is still enthusiastic about pinball, but done with pinside.

#20 10 years ago

Being a girl in any hobbie can be stressful.

#21 10 years ago

That's too bad. Hope to meet her at Pins and Needles soon.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

That would be awesome because I have never, EVER seen a BBH!
    Ill bring a 12'er of bourbon bock the day I make it to the upper left coast! Will be a grand day!

There's a BBH on location at Pizza Ranch in Ames, Iowa. Played it a few weeks ago.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

That's unfortunate. This hobby needs more females.

She hasn't left the hobby. Just pinside.

Quoted from Rarehero:

...it was a pretty civil discussion about the movie....some people thought it poked fun at Sam...some didn't.

And some people just took shots at Sam.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I saw him at PPE...he was bigger and was wearing a small shirt with his gut fat dangling down to his knees. He was practically eating the entire buffet.

Hope that made you feel better about yourself.

#24 10 years ago

Molly requested her account to be retired. She might be back, I don't know, hope so

#25 10 years ago

So, like Pinside's female membership just dropped by 25%?

#27 10 years ago

The problem with the people on this site, everyone's got something to say even when they have nothing to say.

Does every thread need a joke and a dumb picture? These guys should realize this is a small hobby and a small world, it's not like theyre making fun of Tom Cruise.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

**raises hand** Still here.

Molly- If you are reading this thread, I wish you and your pin biz the best of luck! And if you ever make it back out to TN the offer still stands to hang out since you already know the area. I'll be here attempting to keep these guys in line, so you know where to find me.

#29 10 years ago

My wife's still here....but she's a.....yeaaaaaaah.

I really don't get why she's all butthurt about people having an opinion about the way that movie IS. It was edited, and narrated, in a very specific way, to illicit a specific response. I'm not going to get any further into it. I didn't like it, or the overall image it was trying to lay at the feet of our entire community, when those INDIVIDUALS don't represent the vast majority of us.

#30 10 years ago

Too bad. PinballMolly had great enthusiasm and an incredible collection of games. I hope she returns and realizes that there are some awesome folks on the forum (and unfortunately, some d-bags as well).

Come back Molly!

#31 10 years ago

Like I said Pinside is RGPs GUI

Lots of trolls and mean spirited people....

#32 10 years ago

I believe Molly's anger was misdirected. People who saw Special When Lit are judging what was shown to them. Perception is reality. The reality is what the editors of that movie created to show people. If Sam was shown in a bad light, but all we see is his belly sticking out, that is all we see. We didn't get to know him in person. I am not surprised people come away from that movie just talking about the belly. But I'm not mad at the viewers, I'd be mad at the director.

Molly, you're a valuable member of Pinside, I hope you can come back some day.

Post edited by frolic : typo

#33 10 years ago

This is a troll comment. Like RGP never helped anyone? It has done a hundred times more good for the hobby than Pinside ever will. It thrived while pinball just about died. If RGP didn't exist, there probably wouldn't be a Pinside right now. It was harder to use, but it meant that everyone on it was willing to try just a little harder to participate or even lurk.

Of course it wasn't perfect, but the moderation here such an obvious joke that at least over there people could REALLY expose themselves making it easier to trust the vast majority of people.

Quoted from Sc1f1:

Like I said Pinside is RGPs GUI

Lots of trolls and mean spirited people....

#34 10 years ago

Pinsides loss!

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

But I'm not mad at the viewers, I'd be made at the director.

Oh Frolic....

I'd be "made" at the director too........

#36 10 years ago

im sorry to hear pinmolly has left pinside. she is a good pinhead.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

When does the party begin ?

I got thumbs down on this. It was meant as a party to show support to win her back !

#38 10 years ago

Depressing. I valued her opinion on this forum. There are those of us who enjoy the hobby and use this site as a way to connect to other people who enjoy it as well. But it seems one must limit one's enthusiasm for fear of being exposed to some of the snarky folks trolling around. They could just go FT and play GTA instead.

Haters.jpgHaters.jpg

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Still here also! Sorry to lose another female poster on pinside

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Eh, read that thread. Looks like she was trying to "defend" that belly out of shirt guy, but everyone pointed out that is how he is at all times so it was an accurate portrayal.

The discussion seemed fairly civil as well. Idk, if you're going to get upset and leave due to that then...?

#41 10 years ago

This goes out to molly.........

Good Golly Miss Molly, sure like to ball
    When you're rocking and rolling
    Can hear your mama call

From the early, early morning
    Till the early, early night
    When you caught Miss Molly, Miss Molly's
    Rocking at the House of Blue Lights

Oh, when you're rocking and rolling
    Can hear your mama call

Momma, pappa told me
    "Son, you better watch your step
    If I knew my momma, pappa
    Have to watch my pappa myself"

Can hear your mama call

Good Golly, Miss Molly, sure like to ball
    Good Golly, Miss Molly, sure like to ball
    Can hear your mama call

I am going to the corner
    Gonna buy a diamond ring
    Would you pardon me
    Kiss me ting-a-ling-a-ling

Can hear your mama call

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I got thumbs down on this. It was meant as a party to show support to win her back !

Like the robt party, huh?

Too bad she left. She was amusing, in a good way.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Eh, read that thread. Looks like she was trying to "defend" that belly out of shirt guy, but everyone pointed out that is how he is at all times so it was an accurate portrayal.
    The discussion seemed fairly civil as well. Idk, if you're going to get upset and leave due to that then...?

It wasn't just that thread. That was just the last straw. I know she had a few people dogging her across multiple threads for one reason or another.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

It wasn't just that thread. That was just the last straw. I know she had a few people dogging her across multiple threads for one reason or another.

Maybe RobT and Molly are related lol

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Here is another thread :

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-getting-the-600-stargate-in-va/page/2

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

My wife's still here....but she's a.....great person and my best friend ever, in addition to being a great pinball tournament player.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Like the robt party, huh?

Right !

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Ah yeah I See that...Umm I think it goes both ways here. It's a discussion forum. Some people took stuff she said the wrong way and responded, she got upset naturually, they apologized and removed thumbs down and she si still upset. Idk, a bummer of things said sure, but brush that shit off and can't take online forums seriously

#49 10 years ago

Can't we all just get along?

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

She hasn't left the hobby. Just pinside.

And some people just took shots at Sam.

Hope that made you feel better about yourself.

Yeah, why don't you take one thing completely I said (which was said as a fact, not to make fun of)...and completely dismiss the other things I said. Meanwhile, as you edit one thing I said out of context - you never offered any kind of proof as to what was edited falsely in the DOCUMENTARY (yes, it is one). We get it, you're butthurt about this movie. Wah wah.

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballmolly-retired-pinsider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.