haxor.jpg
hacked2.png
science-dog1.jpg
image.jpg
image.png
expert.jpg
litter.jpg
Computer_Buttons.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purpledrilmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 8 years ago

If you know why Java is installed on your PC, then you keep it. If you don't know why it's installed on your PC, then uninstall it. Worst case scenario you have to reinstall it when you need it again.

Doesn't make people stupid or stubborn to uninstall unnecessary software that is a potential liability. Not everyone has the time or desire to be an IT wizard or internet security expert. Some people are busy being doctors, parents, engineers, carpenters...

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

anyone told pinball life yet? that would help more people than a who knows more about viruses competition

Quoted from rcbrown316:

i just sent them a note

Sorry could you please take this useful and appreciated effort and discussion elsewhere?

We're trying to flex our internet security epeens here on this pinball forum....

458552.gif458552.gif

#125 8 years ago

I'm confused.... what does this have to do with Java?

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's has to do with Pinball Life possibly taking the misspelled URL for it's own uses.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

The whole discussion about Java was just a sidebar.

I'm disappointed that you guys of all folks need a on my post

The Java discussion was (is) clearly a huge waste of time -- just poking fun

I'll show myself out...

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It went over my head, lol.
After all the PMs I got about this thread, my perception was off

I thought for sure you had installed Java and caught some sort of drive-by zero-day humour impairment virus

#177 8 years ago

We should head over to the malwarebytes forums and berate them for buying the wrong pinball machines

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I have a masters degree in dickhead

science-dog1.jpgscience-dog1.jpg

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think we all have a dick streak

I think they now have ointment for that

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It might be time to see a doctor.

also uninstall Java

#192 8 years ago

I just installed Java on a work laptop to foolishly prove Vid wrong and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some megahurtz already... had to use a special tool to check them
haxor.jpghaxor.jpg
Did I do it wrong?
Java.jpgJava.jpg

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from maxwell:

I normally just read other people's post and don't start topics of my own...

With this excellent reaction of a thread, I dunno why that would be

#219 8 years ago

What brand of black mamba? I too am asking for a friend...

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

So, I'm trying to install Java... but I'm not sure which direction the band on the diode should face? Left or right? Does it matter if the playfield is propped up, or flipped over on a rotisserie?

Rule #1, always unplug the machine

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I did the upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 , and now my laptop is a paperweight, it takes forever for it to load and when i click on something it takes like 20 minutes for it to respond, now where is that windows xp disc?

This was my first time trying out 'updating' instead of clean installing a new OS and I 100% recommend against it. It didn't work great - drivers seemed missing/messy, long load times, and general frustration ensued so I rolled back immediately to Win 7 (which worked really well actually) with the intent of properly clean installing the new OS.

A week or so later I backed up my files and did a clean reformat and Windows 10 install and it works way better. There's still the odd hiccup (mostly due to my own inability to find things) but the system seemed to find 100% of drivers properly, and I'm not having the stutters and load times I had before.

#284 8 years ago

As a mechanical engineer, I myself can highly recommend prefabulated amulite for almost any base plate, even to this day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboencabulator

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I have a lab coat like the dude in the Transmission video. I actually worked in the "Transmissions & Automotive Electronics" department at Rockwell when that video was produced. Our marketing guy came up with the idea to do it first with a "Driver Input Console/Keypad" used for the very first Heavy Truck on-board data logging computer used to replace DOT Driver log books (finally made mandatory today December 10, 2015) back in 1989. Then the Transmission version of the video was made.

Ha - awesome! Thanks for sharing that.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Running a Java browser add-on is like punching a hole in the side of a submarine. You might as well install Flash too.

update.jpgupdate.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purpledrilmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballlifecom?tu=purpledrilmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.