haxor.jpg
hacked2.png
science-dog1.jpg
image.jpg
image.png
expert.jpg
litter.jpg
Computer_Buttons.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As far as I can tell, Java is only used to install malware on computers .

This is one of the most ridiculous/uneducated/incorrect statements I've ever heard. Java is a platform that runs apps from the Java programming language and they're not all malware. Generally, you're a good source of knowledge. But I guess computer software and operations isn't one of your known topics.

To the OP: I have typed that in many times by accident and have never caught a virus from that page. I have Java installed and use chrome as a browser not internet explorer / edge.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I know jack squat about computers but have had no viruses on my Mac laptop in the ~3 years~ I've had it. Thank you Mr. Jobs, you were the best!

During Thanksgiving, I just cleaned two MACs that were massively infected with adware and the users didn't even know it. Mr Jobs didn't do such a great job, really.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Did you actually read what you quoted? I said the same exact thing three times. Maybe the wording was too technical?

Just give it up. Most people here are super old and can barely use a computer. They're not qualified to have an intelligent argument with facts about anything technical. You're wasting your time trying to convince them. And what do you care what they believe?

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So we present evidence, and you just attack us all as being stupid. While ignoring the evidence. Actually, I'm not clueless, I'm educated on the topic. And demonstrated it with links, written not by random strangers, but by people I work with daily.

Sorry but the only writer on ars tech I trust is Erica Sadun. I don't consider this a definitive source.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Erica hasn't written for us in years.

Bummer. I guess your only credible writer doesn't even work there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballlifecom?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.