4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 307 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

update.jpg
rick-james-cold-blooded-300x299.jpg
java_installed_on_my_desk.jpg
toooooonnnnnnnny.jpg
HTP.gif
7a7b83bb-999b-438a-8cdf-1e5f350b2c21.jpg
yahoo.jpg
Java.jpg
haxor.jpg
hacked2.png
science-dog1.jpg
image.jpg
image.png
expert.jpg
litter.jpg
Computer_Buttons.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All joking aside, I hope that JJP is smart enough not to have Alex in charge of the security for the 3rd game that is supposed to have online capabilities.

WOZ had absolutely no security at release. No matter what Alex told you the filesystem was not encrypted, no malware scanner, and you could replace any file on the hard drive using the patch updating mechanism. Only now are we finally seeing some type of (or attempt at) protection using AppArmor for the "asset protection" revision in 5.03 which is clearly driven by pressure from Warner Bros. for IP protection.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I've noticed that the malicious site does something random every time you go to it. Some times it redirects to other sites. But sometimes it does try to mimic a pinball website. Here is a screenshot from my iPhone of one of the times it came up looking kind of like the real site which might trick someone.
image.png

That's just a parked page. It's generated by a bot owned by the hosting company using keywords from similar URLs. Here's an interesting one. Evidently it picked up on the various Marilyn Monroe threads we have regarding Taxi playfields and translites and misassociated it with the much more popular search term starting with "Marilyn." Funny, these machines.

image.jpg

#225 4 years ago

Install media player plugin now!

#232 4 years ago

Windows 10 is well, like Windows 8... awful. You would be amazed at how surprised some people I know are. After Windows 7 I will, without any doubt in my mind, be moving on to either Ubuntu or ReactOS (depending on how capable it is by 2020). I have lost pretty much all faith in Microsoft.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Lol at the apple product vs android/Microsoft warrior. And it's "you're" a cheap bastard. You're- you are. "Your" is a completely different word, and it's not used or pronounced the same.
Both Apple and Microsoft make fine products.

It's o-din.

#265 4 years ago

Explorer keeps restarting like every single minute. Sent 500 reports to MS. Found the KB update, no hotfix. Go to download it through Windows Update (which I have to search for by the way since it is no longer in the start menu or control panel) and it says I need to restart before installing a bulk update. Reboot and try again, "your PC is up to date."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 209.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 10.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 47.00
$ 235.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside