Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Retropin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-man-in-the-white-suit_1353354293_crop_550x410.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

About 2 years ago I put LEDs in my Addams Family. I used Pinball Life's Ablaze Ghost Buster LEDs. On my cool white bulbs I noticed the 555 bulbs are starting to yellow just a bit, but the 44/47 are still cool white in color. You can really notice on the 3 white inserts on the left of the mansion. The bottom 2 are 555 and the top one is 44/47 bulb. Also you notice it in the greed inserts. Has anyone else noticed this on there machines? These bulbs are not the new premium bulbs he has just the plain ghost buster LEDs. Any ideas? Thanks for any info you might share.

#10 8 years ago

I turn my pinballs off every time I get done playing. I have played TAF a lot over the 2 years but not anywhere close to the bulbs going out. Maybe it is the heat problem. Are there any bulbs that want dim as fast? You don't notice it other then the clear inserts. It looks like my 555 cool whites changed to warm whites lol.

#30 8 years ago

I have nothing against Pinball Life's LEDs. Again I've had them in this machine for 2 years. I'm sure they are not the best quality LEDs out there, but they were the cheapest I could find. I would much rather buy at a cheaper price and change the cool white 555 every 2 year then pay 3-4 times the price. Lol. I've attached a photo of what I'm talking about. The 3 & 6 million inserts are cool white 555 bulbs and the 9 million is a cool white 44/47 bulb.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #32 8 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

That is weird. So those three were all the same at one time.
    I would experiment. And try to change just the caps from 9 and 3.
    Then take another pic.
    In all honesty though if you had regular bulbs and replaced one you would likely see just as much difference as different filiment ages.

Yeah they were both non ghosting cool whites from Pinball Life. The only difference is 2 are 555 and the one is 44/47. Also all the greed bulbs have yellowed as well and they are all 555.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballlife-leds-starting-to-yellow?tu=pinballhog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.