(Topic ID: 203923)

WARNING!!! Pinballkingdom.com cheap nib sterns PROBABLY SCAMMER.

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capturescam (resized).JPG
    267B1C21-4E02-42DC-971F-7EA3F500361B (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20180315-223149 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-11-29-21-48-09-1 (resized).png
    IMG_4318 (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20171129-175019 (resized).png
    There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

Bump for information. Has anyone dealt with this company?
    I just had a 20 minute conversation with the owner who went out of his way to prove he was legit by emailing me customer reviews and invited me to Columbus to tour the warehouse. He was angered when I inquired as to why he didn't advertise on pinside or anywhere else and that the company was generally regarded as a scammer. They now accept PayPal which as a buyer is a pretty decent option, such that PayPal wouldn't put up with much tomfoolery.

The old adage that if it's too good to be true it probably is rings loudly, but a couple grand in potential savings is worth a little effort.

Anyone?

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Has anyone delt with pinballkindom.com?

Typo in your thread title and your initial post.
    Mods, can we get the g added so people researching the company will find this thread?

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Mods, can we get the g added so people researching the company will find this thread?

Done

#54 6 years ago

It just seems difficult to believe that this "company" has been around for some time and not a single person has made the mistake of sending them money and reporting back here about the experience. The only thing harder to believe is that they are still on the net and haven't sold a single game or scam. It just doesn't add up. Like I said he invited me to the warehouse! I think I'll take him up on the offer just to see where it goes.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikedenton49:

It just seems difficult to believe that this "company" has been around for some time and not a single person has made the mistake of sending them money and reporting back here about the experience. The only thing harder to believe is that they are still on the net and haven't sold a single game or scam. It just doesn't add up. Like I said he invited me to the warehouse! I think I'll take him up on the offer just to see where it goes.

Sure... if he allows you to hand him $4k in cash for a Stern pinball (or whatever the deal is) and you can drive out of there with 5-10 of them more power to you as long as they aren’t stolen. I have a feeling it won’t be that simple.

Things that are too good to be true... usually are.

I also want to add that people get taken advantage of all the time and are too embarrassed to come post about it. I’m not saying that is what happened here but I see it on KLOV frequently. A member rips someone off and when they speak up about it 10 other people come out and admit it happened to them. Everyone’s silence for so long compounded the issue. Happens all the time.

#56 6 years ago

Bump for information. Has anyone dealt with this company?
    I just had a 20 minute conversation with the owner who went out of his way to prove he was legit by emailing me customer reviews and invited me to Columbus to tour the warehouse. He was angered when I inquired as to why he didn't advertise on pinside or anywhere else and that the company was generally regarded as a scammer. They now accept PayPal which as a buyer is a pretty decent option.
    The old adage that if it's too good to be true it probably is rings loudly, but a couple grand in potential savings is worth a little effort.
    Anyone?

Whats his number im close to colombus if i talk to the guy ill go up right now and see if i can buy one cash

#57 6 years ago

Yeah man. I'm appalled that this exists. Its assault and insult on the industry and human decency! I mean effing props on dedication to a bit, but for crying out loud!

The number and email is right on the website.
    https://pinballkingdom.com/

He called from 567 233 2636. Go check it out man. Let's put this out of its misery. If you do end up meeting someone... and there are no pins... and you already have a record... I'll post your bail.

#58 6 years ago

A 5 second Google search will show that the content of this site is pulled from thepinballcompany.com.

Previous scam site: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cmartgames

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

Whats his number im close to colombus if i talk to the guy ill go up right now and see if i can buy one cash

This will settle it once and for all please do.

Quoted from dr_nybble:

A 5 second Google search will show that the content of this site is pulled from thepinballcompany.com.

It's easier to post available pics than taking your own?? That's why we need dricky86 to drive over and score or listen to a story.

#60 6 years ago

So far I have yet to get them to answer I get a recording of a very Indian sounding guy on the voice mail redflag #1 . Ill continue to try to get ahold of them and will keep posted.

#61 6 years ago

Update . The guy called me back )very hard to understand) but he text me the address of the warehouse. Im heading up now

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

Update . The guy called me back )very hard to understand) but he text me the address of the warehouse. Im heading up now

Hope you are packing.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hope you are packing.

Oh trust me i am lol never leave home without my little friend

#64 6 years ago

Where is the Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme when you need it...

#65 6 years ago

267B1C21-4E02-42DC-971F-7EA3F500361B (resized).jpeg267B1C21-4E02-42DC-971F-7EA3F500361B (resized).jpeg

#66 6 years ago

Before you bother to drive up as least look up businesses in the area and do a Google Streetview drive-by of the address. The scammer probably gave you a bogus address to somewhere that has no idea what's going on.

Funny the domain has only been registered since October of 2017. Using a 'privacy protection' service to conceal their actual information.
    Domain Name: PINBALLKINGDOM.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 2169648248_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: WHOIS.ENOM.COM
    Registrar URL: WWW.ENOM.COM
    Update Date: 2017-10-19T07:39:32.00Z
    Creation Date: 2017-10-01T20:23:00.00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-10-01T20:23:00.00Z
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Registrar IANA ID: 48
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4259744689
    Domain Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: WHOIS AGENT
    Registrant Organization: WHOIS PRIVACY PROTECTION SERVICE, INC.
    Registrant Street: PO BOX 639
    Registrant Street: C/O PINBALLKINGDOM.COM
    Registrant City: KIRKLAND
    Registrant State/Province: WA
    Registrant Postal Code: 98083
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: +1.4252740657
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +1.4259744730
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: [email protected]

#67 6 years ago

Fantastic idea Drickey86 I hope you got a real address

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

Oooh, I'm so excited. This is like an episode of Cops!

#69 6 years ago

Following this thread now. Cant wait to know how to turns out.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Oooh, I'm so excited. This is like an episode of Cops!

I know! I wish we had a real-time stream of what’s going on

#71 6 years ago

If you see Chris Hanson just turn around and walk away quickly.

#72 6 years ago

Anyone think it’s possible a guy meets him and sells him a cheap game just to lure others into doing the same via wire or cash transfer?

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Anyone think it’s possible a guy meets him and sells him a cheap game just to lure others into doing the same via wire or cash transfer?

There's always a chance.

#74 6 years ago

The gentleman in question just called to say that drickey86 was supposed to show at 11 but hasn't. He's a little concerned about the "little friend" remark as well and can't say I'd blame anyone for that.

He has gone out of his way to contact me repeatedly and is quiet insistent that he is operating a legitimate operation and is convincing enough to warrant the benefit of the doubt. He wants people to come see the warehouse so that he can get out from the stigma of previous scams. Someone will have to step up to the plate to make or break this. I was going to fly in later this week just to see for myself, but someone already there could save me some serious time. Please do.

#75 6 years ago

Be careful. Following the results of this visit to the warehouse

#76 6 years ago

The gentleman in question just called to say that drickey86 was supposed to show at 11 but hasn't. He's a little concerned about the "little friend" remark as well and can't say I'd blame anyone for that.
    He has gone out of his way to contact me repeatedly and is quiet insistent that he is operating a legitimate operation and is convincing enough to warrant the benefit of the doubt. He wants people to come see the warehouse so that he can get out from the stigma of previous scams. Someone will have to step up to the plate to make or break this. I was going to fly in later this week just to see for myself, but someone already there could save me some serious time. Please do.

Did he explain how he sells brand new games for so much less than MSRP despite not being a dealer?

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Did he explain how he sells brand new games for so much less than MSRP despite not being a dealer?

Yes he did...

He explained that he doesn't sell nib games except on very rare occasion and as such isn't under any obligation to sell anything at MAP. He capped that off with being understanding about people being concerned with their money, and that if they felt something was wrong not to buy from him and he'll happily keep his games.

These are not the behaviors of a scammer. Call me a sucker I reckon, but I believe everyone deserves a chance.

#78 6 years ago

These are not the behaviors of a scammer. Call me a sucker I reckon, but I believe everyone deserves a chance.

The photos and written content were stolen from another (legitimate) site. If that isn't scammer behavior, I don't know what is.

#79 6 years ago

Yes he did...
    He explained that he doesn't sell nib games except on very rare occasion and as such isn't under any obligation to sell anything at MAP. He capped that off with being understanding about people being concerned with their money, and that if they felt something was wrong not to buy from him and he'll happily keep his games.

His prices are representative of NIB games. I.E: slashing out MSRP price of $5999 and marking it down to 4,099.

That's scamming.

#80 6 years ago

I don't disagree. Maybe he is just an idiot. If I was in the business of selling games, I'd dang well sure make friends on pinside and not do #@!& like that.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

The photos and written content were stolen from another (legitimate) site. If that isn't scammer behavior, I don't know what is.

I mean call him your very own self brother. His number is listed just above. Give him a chance to explain it directly to your ear. What is there to lose?

#81 6 years ago

I don't disagree. Maybe he is just an idiot. If I was in the business of selling games, I'd dang well sure make friends on pinside and not do #@!& like that.

I mean call him your very own self brother. His number is listed just above. Give him a chance to explain it directly to your ear. What is there to lose?

hearing is one thing but seeing and buying at that price is way above another level.there are some people out there who buy expensive items on their line of credit/business and max it out and their company folds declaring bankrupcy. (edited)

#83 6 years ago

Not sure what a person's race has to do with it. You're probably white and being a phallus right now.

#84 6 years ago

these people know the banking system much much better than the average person

#85 6 years ago

These people.......

If you don't see anything wrong with that statement, it is time to stop, and reassess your world view.

#86 6 years ago

Not sure what a person's race has to do with it. You're probably white and being a phallus right now.

i have never seen a hindo playing pinball...

#87 6 years ago

Well.... he's Asian. So there is that.

#88 6 years ago

These people.......
    If you don't see anything wrong with that statement, it is time to stop, and reassess your world view.

well good luck on your pin purchase....its a scam ok

#89 6 years ago

I still can believe I'm downvoted for starting this thread.

#90 6 years ago

I have yet to get a return call or an answer if its legit all he has to do is answer got on wherehe said on West Dublin Granville Road shortly after 11 and been in the area just waiting for the call . Its now after 1 and nothing.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

I have yet to get a return call or an answer if its legit all he has to do is answer got on wherehe said on West Dublin Granville Road shortly after 11 and been in the area just waiting for the call . Its now after 1 and nothing.

be careful brother and keep your eyes on him..these scammers will do anything for money.

#92 6 years ago

Yes he did...

Was ready and willing to give the chance and then vouch for the guy if it is was legit but i cant burn all day up here .About to head home

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I still can believe I'm downvoted for starting this thread.

dont worry about that buddy,the only worry is Drickey86 safety

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

Im safe in my truck at a gas station now no worries there . Aside im not a small or easily harmed dude lol

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

Oh for sure.
    Sucks he's wasted 2 hours waiting.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

im not being racist but when i heard it was an hindo indian man thats the first thing that came to my mind.they are very smart people when it comes to business,loans,lines of credit ect. i know a few who have done the same thing.

It is 2018. Aren't we better than this?

#97 6 years ago

The prices are really low on that site. It is sad that people can have such scams going and not get shut down quickly. I am sure some will get taken by whatever scam they are running.

#98 6 years ago

Tried to put this one to bed one way or another but im about to call it quits on this “adventure” and save my cash for allentown

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

It is 2018. Aren't we better than this?

yes sorry i said anything but we have to make sure nothing happens to Drickey86

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

Tried to put this one to bed one way or another but im about to call it quits on this “adventure” and save my cash for allentown

Thanks for trying. Can't say I'm too surprised.

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballkindomcom-cheap-nib-sterns-or-scam/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.