Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from ellray:

I too love Pinballlife, but as someone whose orders are frequently small and light, I have to suggest one minor improvement: providing a First Class shipping option. This is trackable now, so there is no reason not to use it. This is obviously not a deal-breaker for me, but ordering $2 worth of rubber pads and paying $7 to ship in a Priority Flat Rate box (with a bunch of styro peanuts?) is a bit painful.

It could be for insurance reasons. Priority Mail comes with $50 insurance standard. Even with Flat Rate having tracking....if it's lost, even if the post office sees that they lost it, they won't do anything about it. I had a first class package going to the UK.... The tracking showed it go to Mexico and then MIA. The post office said "First Class...sorry about your luck". So I'm out the product cost plus the shipping fee for them losing it.

I do like that tracking is included on First Class....at least that is a bit of safety against fraudulent PayPal charge backs for claims of "I didn't receive it".

I just saw that you CAN insure First Class Mail...I didn't realize that. I did an example with the same small 1lb package (zone 3 distance)...Priority ended up costing $.06 more than the same insured First Class package. It didn't matter in the First Class was insured for $1 or the same $50 that is included with the Priority. In my test example...using a Small Flat Rate Priority box would have been cheaper than either of the other options. This would be more so the case if the package were being delivered to a farther shipping zone. It also seems that you can NOT buy the insurance on First Class if you go directly with the USPS website....though it seems you can with other on-line 3rd party shipping services.

While we are on the subject...POSTAGE WENT UP TODAY (1/21/2018)!!! YEAH!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballife-interesting-stat-positive-vibes-for-christmas?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.