2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Looking over some recent orders from PinballLife, I looked at my order history.
    My first order from Pinball Life was order #213. My last order was #194936.
    Never a bad experience. Terry always went the extra to get me what I needed.

The hobby is just lucky to have people like Terry in the business.
    A customer driven business that has been an asset to pinball.

Good vibes for Christmas.

#2 2 years ago

They are my go to. Love them. Had some parts lying around I never used, took them back and refunded no problem.

#3 2 years ago

I agree Terry is awesome, Pinball Life is my go to for parts. If Terry doesn't have it or can't get it then I look elsewhere.

#4 2 years ago

Terry and Margaret are amazing

Sent this to us this year!!!

Thank you Pinball Life

Evan@OrangeCountyPinballs

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG

#5 2 years ago

Yes I like them too, I just wish they had more parts, I hate having to order from 2 different places.

#6 2 years ago

I always check pinball life first. Best pricing and customer service hands down.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Thank you Pinball Life

Man I have to start ordering more than balls and leg bolts.

#8 2 years ago

Terry, Margaret, family and staff, are superstars!!
    A true inspiration!
    My thanks, and Merry Christmas wishes for all they do!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Thank you Pinball Life

You must be in the 5k club
    Great people that always deliver.

#10 2 years ago

I will probably be beaten for this but I prefer Marco. Next would be Pinball Resource. I dislike having to place orders online. I like to just call and tell them what I want. I tried to call in-between jobs once with pinball life (already had an account so my info was in the system), the person answering the phone was irritated and made it clear that I was bothering them. I just wish Marco sold pingulps.

#11 2 years ago

Terry and crew are great. Happy Holidays!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

You must be in the 5k club
    Great people that always deliver.

We do buy quite a bit of parts!

#13 2 years ago

They are my #1 "go to" as well. They also ship /very/ fast. Their website is the easiest to use of all of the pinball parts shops.

I wish they had more parts too. They'd have all my business if they did.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Looking over some recent orders from PinballLife, I looked at my order history.
    My first order from Pinball Life was order #213. My last order was #194936.
    Never a bad experience. Terry always went the extra to get me what I needed.
    The hobby is just lucky to have people like Terry in the business.
    A customer driven business that has been an asset to pinball.
    Good vibes for Christmas.

This made me check my orders, I got you beat with my first order being #198. Always my first go to when ordering parts.

#15 2 years ago

If it wasn't for Terry I wouldn't be in business today. He was very instrumental in helping me get Laseriffic off the ground with guidance and business advice in the beginning ..good people.

#16 2 years ago

Great positive post by OP just before Xmas. Nicely done. Terry & Margaret have been great to deal with, stand up people.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

I will probably be beaten for this but I prefer Marco. Next would be Pinball Resource. I dislike having to place orders online. I like to just call and tell them what I want. I tried to call in-between jobs once with pinball life (already had an account so my info was in the system), the person answering the phone was irritated and made it clear that I was bothering them. I just wish Marco sold pingulps.

The 21st century called, it wants you to join it.

2 weeks later
    #18 2 years ago

I too love Pinballlife, but as someone whose orders are frequently small and light, I have to suggest one minor improvement: providing a First Class shipping option. This is trackable now, so there is no reason not to use it. This is obviously not a deal-breaker for me, but ordering $2 worth of rubber pads and paying $7 to ship in a Priority Flat Rate box (with a bunch of styro peanuts?) is a bit painful.

#19 2 years ago

Terry and Margaret at Pinball life are awesome with customer service and prices. I've been ordering since I started collecting back in 2003. They ARE the cheapest to order parts from when comparing to others.

Set of standard Williams/Bally legs - Marco - $69, Pinball Life - $49
    Lockdown bar Marco - $89, Pinball Life -$64

Sometimes the bigger suppliers have the harder to find things like artwork items but Pinball Life for Life!

1 week later
    #20 2 years ago
    Quoted from ellray:

I too love Pinballlife, but as someone whose orders are frequently small and light, I have to suggest one minor improvement: providing a First Class shipping option. This is trackable now, so there is no reason not to use it. This is obviously not a deal-breaker for me, but ordering $2 worth of rubber pads and paying $7 to ship in a Priority Flat Rate box (with a bunch of styro peanuts?) is a bit painful.

It could be for insurance reasons. Priority Mail comes with $50 insurance standard. Even with Flat Rate having tracking....if it's lost, even if the post office sees that they lost it, they won't do anything about it. I had a first class package going to the UK.... The tracking showed it go to Mexico and then MIA. The post office said "First Class...sorry about your luck". So I'm out the product cost plus the shipping fee for them losing it.

I do like that tracking is included on First Class....at least that is a bit of safety against fraudulent PayPal charge backs for claims of "I didn't receive it".

I just saw that you CAN insure First Class Mail...I didn't realize that. I did an example with the same small 1lb package (zone 3 distance)...Priority ended up costing $.06 more than the same insured First Class package. It didn't matter in the First Class was insured for $1 or the same $50 that is included with the Priority. In my test example...using a Small Flat Rate Priority box would have been cheaper than either of the other options. This would be more so the case if the package were being delivered to a farther shipping zone. It also seems that you can NOT buy the insurance on First Class if you go directly with the USPS website....though it seems you can with other on-line 3rd party shipping services.

While we are on the subject...POSTAGE WENT UP TODAY (1/21/2018)!!! YEAH!!!

#21 2 years ago

It could be insurance and I get that, but in 10 years of eBaying and Amazoning various things (LPs, baseball cards, odds and ends), I've only had, I think, 2 *domestic* packages/envelopes go missing (out of probably a couple thousand). It's great to support the USPS, but the postage difference for a small orders is about $4 for every order--that's a lot of cash to save for your customers. Which is probably why it's commonly offered by other mail order houses.

Again, not ragging on Pinballlife, just commenting on one niggle that could be better for an already-high-quality company.

#22 2 years ago

While I see your point I have always respected the business decisions Pinball Life has made to provide the best service in a timely manner. While they Could offer alternate avenues to save you .50 in the long run its not smart business. USPS while not everyones favorite is a valuable and reliable resource for small businesses as they provide them/us expedited service, free delivered packing boxes/tape/etc and even free pick up service. All those little things I feel Help Pinball Life focus on quality and less on the best place to buy boxes etc along with their time. Order other items and you will see first hand like all his customers why there is No company in our hobby even comparable!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 209.99
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6,200.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside