(Topic ID: 131339)

Pinballers!

By Marc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ugh (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    subject.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    pinball_tv.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    EPIC.jpg
    piccit_mayor_fiorello_laguardia_ord_1133813326.png
    571816_original.jpg
    119673442.jpg
    763_4944_ucp.jpg
    led_kiss.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 8 years ago

WOW.

I am utterly speechless.

That was REALLY bad! No wonder TV producers do not come to the midwest to try and find scandal in pinball.
    On the positive side I continue to be very thankful for the local pinheads in the region!

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

You wouldn't take the poor uninformed soul $5500 just for their ignorance.

oddly enough I once was going to buy a MB local to me in Madison and the nice lady was way under priced. I informed he of what was fair and offered to pay it (can't remember the exact price but it was at FMV for the condition). Low and behold some guy from TX sniped it and offered more over me.

Best part was I knew he was a just a flipper and got the price even higher so she could make more money off him. He ended up over paying for the condition of the game, esp with added shipping costs. Sometimes it pays to be nice and offer FMV and sometimes it is nice to help the old lady get more for her game to some schmuch flipper

I always wondered whom got that machine and if I woudl ever here the other side. Anyone in TX ever hear of a guy shipping in a MB fomr Madison?

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Remember when Robin asked us to make Pinside friendly? Like... a day ago? lol.
    You are not being very friendly bro.

I will say that you are the one posting the smut reel with people demeaning the guy selling his TMNT (isn't that you?) and the old guy with the cane. Not very friendly and way more offensive than many other things posted on here.

#261 8 years ago

ruining the hobby may be a bit overbaord for me, but in short part of whom I identify with being is a pinballer.

Hence my distaste would be with possibly changing the general publics perception of what a pinhead is by such tripe as what that sizzle showed.

Currently when someone finds out I am a "pinhead" the questions are rarely about cost and almost always about the game they used to play, that was in their friends parent's basement, that they love the art, that is is so cool and a unique hobby. I like that identitiy that goes along with it. I take pride in restoring games, intorducing others to something I love and enjoy, putting games on route and keeping them playing well, setting up large charity events, and the general dorkiness that comes along with whom I am and that perception by the public.

A show like this in the common public world is not good for that generalize identity of what a pinhead is, IMO (at least not the ones I hang out with and dominate our regional pinhead gatherings). I can only imagine like fantasy goat is getting at, the common public percpetion will shift to a pinhead = some self absorbed money obsessed DBs that do very little positive for anything in life. That we are not ambassadors of the hobby but just guys looking for a quick buck and fighting each other for the flip. Those are the sort of guys that are a blemish on the hobby already and more of that is not good.

In short, I like that being a pinhead typically means, smart dorky technically able somewhat obsessive in a niche world where we admire the beaty of physics and art and skill and analytical thinking and the general beauty of somthing very different from the normal day to day of most people. I do not care for the growth of the community if it means more DBs will be attracted to it.

#342 8 years ago

sounds WAY better than the OP pitch!

That would be a fun competition to see!

#423 8 years ago

Show would be much better featuring some of the norther IL and WI crew as previous noted.

BangerJay olympics, Awesome Scott D, Flanker, Neo, Sharpe Bros, JJP north campus, Expo, Pinball life Terry and crew, Stern, tons of modders, Wally MM, Logans and Barron the barcade master tech, the list just goes on and on of why the chicagoland area is the place and cast for this sort of thing IMO.

#430 8 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Actually the DFW, Houston and Austin scene has so much over the top activity it is great for a show like this. It is amazing the stuff that happens in the Pinball and Arcade groups and between the cities. Great TV content.

Yes, but I was suggesting the IL/WI area is better if you actually want to show the positive light of pinball instead of what that sizzle featured.

Lots of people out there like things besides dumb TV.

Filming anywhere besides the radiant of all pinball and you are assured to never get past a single season.

1 week later
    #489 8 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Can't see you behind your keyboard

what does that even mean?

#530 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

If you had gotten involved in a project like this

the reality is that MOST would NEVER get involved with a project like this from the start

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.